{'en': 'Genetic transmission of diabetes mellitus?', 'es': '¿Transmisión genética de diabetes melitus?'} Image

Genetic transmission of diabetes mellitus?

BRAULIO_RB's profile photo   04/28/2008 9:43 a.m.

Hello, I'm new in this forum,

I am 26 years old and I am Melitus diabetic 7 years ago.

I would like to know if a diabetic father has suffered the experience of having a diabetic son.

I will be my first child and I am afraid that I develop the disease.My wife has had excellent pregnancy and thank God, I no longer develop DB.Gestational

I know that the father is the one that transmits the genes that can develop this disease, so I am worried that my daughter will go through the same as me, so I would like to be prepared at that possibility:-/

I hope someone makes their experience.

Thank you.;)

BRAULIO_RB's profile photo
BRAULIO_RB
04/28/2008 9:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Braulio!

I am a diabetic and I have an eleven -year -old daughter who is not.From the first day of my diagnosis I know that there is a possibility that one day it is and the fact of knowing the statistics, today, they do not help me be prepared to that eventuality, anyway and in the case of familiarity ofType I, the percentage is 2-6% (the percentage is higher if the diabetic father).

My parents are not diabetic, nor my grandparents, nor anyone from my family ...

Anyway, help you I'm sure I haven't done it, but at least you know that we understand your fears here ... and how!

All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/28/2008 10:34 a.m.

Well, what your daughter is great and healthy, which makes me happy.But I imagine that the fear is always referred to.They diagnosed me at 21 and I am also the only one of my family with this disease.

Thanks for your support.
a hug.

;)

Welcome Braulio!

I am a diabetic and I have an eleven -year -old daughter who is not.From the first day of my diagnosis I know that there is a possibility that one day it is and the fact of knowing the statistics, today, they do not help me be prepared to that eventuality, anyway and in the case of familiarity ofType I, the percentage is 2-6% (the percentage is higher if the diabetic father).

My parents are not diabetic, nor my grandparents, nor anyone from my family ...

Anyway, help you I'm sure I haven't done it, but at least you know that we understand your fears here ... and how!

GREETING

BRAULIO_RB
04/28/2008 10:59 a.m.

Well, the other way around, I am a diabetic and my 5 -year -old son too, but well you know, this is a lottery.

mari's profile photo
mari
04/28/2008 12:42 p.m.

Debut 2002
Amo la insulina...ella me ayuda a seguir viviendo

Well, I am the father of a 3 -year -old girl, and for the moment, nothing is nothing, he is healthy like an oak (I cross my fingers to continue like this) ...

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
04/28/2008 1:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well, because I, I am diabetic and my 5 -year -old son too, but well you know, this is a lottery.

What age did your child diagnosed?

And how have you faced the subject?

BRAULIO_RB
04/28/2008 1:16 p.m.

Well look, with 2 years I was already with a diet and in February 2007 we started with insulin, we click 2 times Levemir, so within bad, it is not so bad, for now.
How do we face it?, We face it, because he faced it well, he is a child who has never put problems at eating and not being able to eat some things ... and the theme of the punctures takes him well, I supposethat he sees it as something natural since his whole life has seen me prick me and two of his uncles.
Although, it is true, that the first time I saw a 200 in the glucometer I fell on the world ...

mari's profile photo
mari
04/28/2008 1:28 p.m.

Debut 2002

Thank you for your testimony, the truth is one of my fears, that this little person so fragile has to endure that I click, to think that sometimes it hurts.Not to mention your fingers for self -control.At the moment that is what I afflict.

But well with good control you should make an almost normal life.

Thanks again.:))

BRAULIO_RB
04/28/2008 3:38 p.m.

Look Braulio, those so fragile people are much stronger than we think ...

mari's profile photo
mari
04/28/2008 3:42 p.m.

Debut 2002

Hi Braulio_RB, welcome to the forum.
This type 1 diet I suppose should be very much of lottery.I belong to a very long family (three brothers from the father, 32 cousins ​​in total, to just over 10 came out) and only two cases, mine and my mother's (she type 2, I guy1).Anyway, do not turn him around.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
04/28/2008 3:46 p.m.

Braulio, I don't know if I can take away that fear a little, my son debuted with 10 years is 14 and nobody in the families of my husband or in mine and I met until the great -grandmothers suffered from diabetes.But I will tell you that I have a diabetic neighbor since the age of 13 and with 3 children who are already adults, the oldest exceeds 30 and none is diabetic, it also has 2 grandchildren who either.
Do not give it many laps and enjoy every moment, do not worry about something that will never happen.
Kisses
Peace

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/29/2008 5:40 a.m.

You are absolutely right, so I see this is a lottery and before that it is better to enjoy my daughter than to be with that fearful fear.

Thank you all for your experiences, I think I will face my fatherhood better enjoying full.;)
: P

Braulio, I don't know if I can take away that fear a little, my son debuted with 10 years is 14 and nobody in my husband's families or in mine and mine andI met the great -grandmothers suffered from diabetes.But I will tell you that I have a diabetic neighbor since the age of 13 and with 3 children who are already adults, the oldest exceeds 30 and none is diabetic, it also has 2 grandchildren who either.
Do not give it many laps and enjoy every moment, do not worry about something that will never happen.
Kisses
Paz

BRAULIO_RB
04/29/2008 9:07 a.m.

braulio_rb said:
hello I am new in this forum,

I am 26 years old and I am Melitus diabetic 7 years ago.

I would like to know if a diabetic father has suffered the experience of having a diabetic son.

I will be my first child and I am afraid that I develop the disease.My wife has had excellent pregnancy and thank God, I no longer develop DB.Gestational

I know that the father is the one that transmits the genes that can develop this disease, so I am worried that my daughter will go through the same as me, so I would like to be prepared at that possibility:-/

I hope someone makes their experience.

Thank you.;)

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/04/2020 12:30 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Genes can be transmitted both by the father and by the mother, but the probability that the child was inherited is low.I think it is 5%.
And there are cases in which there are no family history.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/04/2020 5:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In my particular case, 3 generations of men before me (woman) have suffered DM 2.

All thin, healthy, athletes (well my great -grandfather I don't know, but I had a physical job) ...

The cases of my very similar father and mine: start gaining weight without apparent reason over thirty (without getting to obesity, but go from being very thin to have abdominal fat).They detected it very soon, my father was thus 4 or 5 years old and already detected it (with the aggravating man of being a great smoker).

I have no data to ensure the genetic component, but I see it in my ancestors clearly.

By the way, in my house and house of my grandparents, eating habits have always been excellent.

anif's profile photo
anif
12/06/2020 1:09 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

anif said:
in my particular case, 3 generations of men before me (woman) have suffered dm 2.

All thin, healthy, athletes (well my great -grandfather I don't know, but I had a physical job) ...

The cases of my very similar father and mine: start gaining weight without apparent reason over thirty (without getting to obesity, but go from being very thin to have abdominal fat).They detected it very soon, my father was thus 4 or 5 years old and already detected it (with the aggravating man of being a great smoker).

I have no data to ensure the genetic component, but I see it in my ancestors clearly.

By the way, in my house and house of my grandparents, eating habits have always been excellent.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/09/2020 10:10 p.m.

K5288pn25.

In my case there is no background.
Of any type of diabetes in 3 generations.No relative of more than 40 years with type 2 diabetes.
I am the only DM-1, my probability was 0.7% and it has touched me.
When I debuted they didn't believe it in the hospital.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/10/2020 9:02 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello Braulio, unfortunately this disease is hereditary, the percentage of risk is higher if it is type 2 diabetes, since type I can have its origin in both hereditary and environmental factors.
While type 2 diabetes, which is inherited, has its origin in problems of metabolic syndrome, a high diet in fats and sugars and sedentary lifestyle.
In my case I debuted with a gestational diabetes and I was pre-diabetic.In my second pregnancy it was already diabetic.So I took the Lottery Mayor Prize.
There are many research that shows that good food control, good exercise habits that help us keep us in an ideal weight, can delay or inhibit the appearance of type 2 diabetes.
Well, there is not much to do so that our children do not inherit that information but with education and care we can contribute to not presenting it.In addition to the fact that research is making great advances, we hope that by when our children grow up there is already a cure.

MARIZUJIMENEZH's profile photo
MARIZUJIMENEZH
12/10/2020 10:51 p.m.

Well, as far as we remember in my family, by the father, we are several generations.My father's great -grandmother, his grandmother, his grandfather, my father, me .... uncles and primes, my sister .......... coming part of my family from a branch of medicine andKnowing the matter, both my sister and I have grown up with sport, diets, controls ......... and still has caught us.Genetics is the only explanation.At the moment, both my nieces and nephews by my sisters with diabetes, and my own children are freeing (and ages from 5 to 21 years old).In my one hundred in wind I do control analysis, and more or less we look what food they carry.They do sports (they have also inherited that, we are sport animals, gym meat) of all kinds, every day ....... but taking into account my experience .... nothing is sure but I think so,We won this time or at least we will delay the time of arrival, (if the fine ends up)

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
12/13/2020 10:44 a.m.

Hi @Braulio_RB!I come to tell you the case of my family so that you see that in this of genetics everything is a bit a lottery.

Since childhood I have been seeing my mother's sister to become glycemias, punctuate insulin, etc.All life she has been the family diabetics (type1).He was always alert thinking about a possible diabetes of his daughter ... well nothing, my cousin is still healthy like an oak.The one that "debuted" (the word of marras) at 28 years was me.Type 1 too.I have been evolving in the disease for 8 years and of course, she is my guru 😅 that of things she has taught me about this!

From what I have investigated after debuting, my father had a diabetic uncle (who died the same 20 years before I was born) which had a disastrous care and to which they ended up amputating a leg ...

Well, the doctors to whom I have told him say that surely that man and my father's genes have much more to see in my condition than the diabetes of my maternal aunt.That said, a man that I did not know has affected my health much more than the closest aunt I have ... a total lottery 😉

Much encouragement and think that if a child of yours ends up being diabetic you are going to be their best example and support.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
12/13/2020 12:16 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.