{'en': 'That you use so that the sensor does not fall', 'es': 'Que utilizáis para que el sensor no se caiga'} Image

That you use so that the sensor does not fall

wildv's profile photo   08/26/2024 8:11 a.m.

Hello good.

Especially in summer I am having many problems that the sensor takes off all the time.

I have used different ways to be able to hit it but finally it always takes off.

Whether for sweat, water ... I have even had to shave the sensor part so that there is no hair.

I have seen many fixers like neoprene and others, but then I have seen comments from people who get too ugly after a few days.

If I wanted to swim, I have no idea how I would manage because with a normal life and going to the beach it already takes a lot of detachment.

wildv's profile photo
wildv
08/26/2024 8:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning,

I have done well some wipes that carry an adhesive for the skin, rub with them before putting on the sensor, yes, they are very sticky.
Skin Tac Wipe (50 Tallitas)
And then, to make it more protected, I put a patch on you.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
08/26/2024 8:32 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

dani_gt said:
good morning,

I have done well some wipes that carry an adhesive for the skin, rub with them before putting on the sensor, yes, they are very sticky.
Skin Tac Wipe (50 Tallitas)
And then, to make it more protected, I put a patch on you.

I hadn't heard anything about those wipes!What type of patch do you use a part?

wildv's profile photo
wildv
08/26/2024 8:34 a.m.

I have tried patches, in the short time that I have been the sensor, two yipos:
Amazon that are transparent: Glucody 10pc Patches Free Freestyle Sensor
And others from Diabetika: Freestyle Free® 7.5cm Paths Packs

The latter are better, because they are stronger, I have used them this summer in the pool and they have endured, if it is true that if I do not pass the wipe with the adeshivo that I told you, it does not last me so much.

Dani_GT's profile photo
Dani_GT
08/26/2024 8:52 a.m.

Lada Julio 2024.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

dani_gt said:
I have tried patches, in the short time that I have been the sensor, two yipos:
Amazon that are transparent: Glucody 10pc Patches Free Freestyle Sensor
And others from Diabetika: Freestyle Free® 7.5cm Paths Packs

The latter are better for me, because they are stronger, I have used them this summer in the pool and they have endured, if it is true that if I do not pass the wipe with the adeshivo that I told you, it does not last me so much.Blockquote>

Perfect, thank you!Let's see if someone who dedicates themselves to swimming can comment on their experience on their fixation.

wildv's profile photo
wildv
08/26/2024 1:10 p.m.

When putting the sensor.Good towel in alcohol, you restore well, leave a few seconds that evaporates and stuck the sensor.Then you pressure the sensor for about 20 seconds, to fix the glue well ... if you have some hair in the area, take it out before.

JuanSolo's profile photo
JuanSolo
08/26/2024 2:18 p.m.

I have used these all summer.Pool, beach ... and they are doing very well.It lasts like a week and then I change it.40 are coming so the sensor I don't know drives crazy with water.

Monica2576's profile photo
Monica2576
08/26/2024 3:35 p.m.

Kinesiological tape always and 3m tegaderm on top when I go to the pool or bath.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/26/2024 3:51 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I simply follow the laboratory instructions.I previously remove some hair in the area, clean with a cotton soaked in alcohol, let evaporate and then fix the sensor strongly.I keep pressing for a few seconds, as @juansolo comments.When bathing it, I cover it with a simple sports bracelet, with rubber, of Quita and Pon.The bathroom endures me perfectly, even in the sea.So I've been several years.Without problems.
All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
08/26/2024 5 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Surprised said:
I simply follow the instructions of the laboratory.I previously remove some hair in the area, clean with a cotton soaked in alcohol, let evaporate and then fix the sensor strongly.I keep pressing for a few seconds, as @juansolo comments.When bathing it, I cover it with a simple sports bracelet, with rubber, of Quita and Pon.The bathroom endures me perfectly, even in the sea.So I've been several years.Without problems.
Greetings.

Totally understandable!The hair and alcohol I already do it hehe.On the sports bracelet I had seen it, but personally I would not like to take him to go to the beach.

wildv's profile photo
wildv
08/26/2024 5:09 p.m.

Good afternoon.I commented a long time ago in some other thread.After much trying during the 8-10 years that I have been a sensor, the best thing I've found is fixomull.It is transparent, you cut it to the size you want and endure even bathing (not to swim for hours, I have not tried it; bathe in summer in the sea or in the pool).
Greetings

Link

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
08/26/2024 7:01 p.m.

Fixomull, is the best in the world.Hold a lot, you can cut it to the size you want (in my opinion, endure more with the rounded corners), it is not necessary to make holes as if you have to do with other things to read well, on the beach or the pool it goes perfect... I am not my Olympic swimmer and I have thrown hours in the pool, but to give some good lengths if it gives.On Friday I will make a swimming class for babies with my little one and I am sure that with that he endures without problems.

Ah!And I have once put it with the sensor almost taken off and when I went to remove it once finished the 14 days it has cost me to get it haha ​​so it is the best for me.

Tam's profile photo
Tam
08/31/2024 11:22 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

At the moment I have started with kinesiological tape .... let's see how

Andres_Javier's profile photo
Andres_Javier
09/01/2024 2:26 p.m.

@Andres_javier I used some coloplast brand wipes.The wipes with glue are called conveen.I cleaned the area well with alcohol, let it dry, then convene and the sensor.And I also put patches of those who sell in Amazon and great.
I say "I used", because I listened to several compis of the forum and now the sensor put it on the back-gluteo and much better.It is more protected.I wear the sensor and a patch.And it holds me 10-14 days (bathing, diving, showers, sport, sweat, blows ...)

SilviaGRZ's profile photo
SilviaGRZ
09/04/2024 9:04 p.m.

Silvia (España)
Fiaps + Insulatard
Díabética desde los 4 años. Ahora tengo 37.
Hbg 6'9..

Well, with the kinesiological tape, I still have to improve it but the result is not bad letting you carry for a YouTube tutorial on how to put it

Andres_Javier's profile photo
Andres_Javier
09/21/2024 5:48 a.m.

For me, great, after many others
Link

MaikelAnyelo's profile photo
MaikelAnyelo
09/22/2024 6:06 p.m.

sinacio's profile photo
sinacio
09/23/2024 8:27 a.m.

Tegaderm.The SS gives it for free and it works perfectly.The sensor never falls.Shower, pool, beach, without problems.

sinacio's profile photo
sinacio
09/23/2024 8:29 a.m.

sinacio's profile photo
sinacio
09/23/2024 8:31 a.m.

Jo, you wear half an upholstered arm. It is clear that it does not fall.
I get smaller and they are doing well

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/23/2024 1:23 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.