Omnipod

Regina's profile photo   07/10/2009 9:19 a.m.

Hi Carmen !!!!!Sorry but I don't know x k ste comment I didn't appear: -s
Can you tell me more things?How long does it take it?How old are you??What do not click on llantus or slow?What are the adaptation?

mjclaudia's profile photo
mjclaudia
11/27/2014 9 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But do you speak out of Spain, Carmen?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/27/2014 9:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello Jconegar, if I am in the United States !!!

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
11/28/2014 2:32 p.m.

Mjclaudia, my son has 7 and four with diabetes, we started with the Medtronic but I did not like it, now with the omnipod we already have two years using her and he is delighted, the work of the slow (basal) will do it to youOr any other fast insulin you use ... At first it is a bit half trauming until you adjust the basal ones, I am sure that your daughter will love it, the Pod is quite small compared to the old version .. If you need me I am I amby here to order

carmen ferradas
11/28/2014 2:39 p.m.

Hopefully in Spain they will bring the omnipod not late 5 minutes to search and acquire it.I do not use pump for the fuck of the tubes, we would carry the superfeliz patch, but as much as I ask they have no intention of bringing it to Spain and I do not understand why.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/29/2014 11:50 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Jconegar, would be a matter of finding out with the insulet company because it does not reach Spain, what some people do is that they buy it here and take it, there are also several internet sites that sell it.

carmen ferradas
11/30/2014 2:43 a.m.

Now that I am a bomb user I do not understand the obsession that people have with the omnipod ... it is true that it has to be more comfortable because there are no "cables", but beyond that, it is a bomb that does not solve thelife.The Omnipod is not so different from what we use here in Spain (Medtronic, etc).

So you have to fight to death is for the artificial pancreas or by the cure.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/30/2014 10:33 a.m.

Call after 30 years of diabetes I think there is a lot of money for the cure to appear, hopefully I am wrong !!!But real advances in 30 years?Well, the Dexcom will make 8 years and now take the free as a novelty and without punctures, which is not true because you have to continue clicking to confirm values ​​that sometimes vary and according to the sensor and it is not known because sometimes the results areDisgunciations, in addition to not taking it out with alarms that are very important to us.
An artificial pancreas?First they must investigate an insulin of effect more than immediate and short duration space and that is injected directly into blood, since if not the pancreas will inject insulin when it is already high, and the pancreas but that insulin of immediate effect and short duration existsI could not know if we have taken a juice (fast and paron rise) or we have eaten a pizza (slower up and for hours), it would be a hyper or hypos show.
Advance?To put the insulin that was previously now in a kind of pen that is more than double large than the insulin load it carries?Come on, I do not believe that for researchers it is very difficult to reduce the size of the PEN at least.
I do sport almost daily for me if it would be a pleasure not to be with tubes even if you are going to comment that it can be removed to shower or engage it to the pants.When I go with the mountain bike that can be an average of 3 to 4 hoas if I fall and break the pump gives me something and when I do running because I do not feel like having to be noticing a tube, I recognize that they are manias, and there areCompanions who carry it but I don't like the idea.
They are Manias and I recognize it but I think like that.
I was speaking by email with the omnipod house and they told me that they will not bring it that I could approach London even gave me the clinic data but and then?Where did that insulin of the saved?I don't think this is the bomb, they will pay it.It is an issue that I do not understand why not bring it to Spain.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/30/2014 11:22 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Roar, I do not think it is obsessed, in my case it is a question of pleasure, I started using the Medtronic with my son, and I really did not like it, in less than 7 days I had already removed it,

carmen ferradas
11/30/2014 2:33 p.m.

Before being a bomb user I dreamed of the Omnipod.Now that I have one of Medtronic, I will not say that it is all perfect, but, for me, there is no big difference between one device and another.It is true that each person is a world and some overwhelms the cable and others bother us other things but I think both bombs are quite similar.It is not the same, however, to carry an artificial pancreas and disregard diabetes than to carry a Medtronic bomb or whoever and have to be in command.There I see the difference.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/30/2014 3:43 p.m.

It is true what you say, the artificial pancreas I think we all expect it, now you have to see the cost and that the medical insurance companies do not put obstacles and cover the cost ...

carmen ferradas
11/30/2014 4:09 p.m.

It always seemed to me that Omnipod has to work better, because the problem of bubbles is avoided in the catheter, and is also very comfortable to carry.
We would have to get it in Spain.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/30/2014 7:48 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
It always seemed to me that omnipod has to work better, because the problem of bubbles in the catheter is avoided, and it is also very comfortable to carry.
We would have to get it in Spain.

Here you have the answer when I contacted their central.For now I see it very badly, hopefully they bring her to Spain, I don't understand why you can't but well.

Dear Mr. Conesa

Thank you very much for your interst in Our Mylife omnipod.

So much and understand your wish to have the best therapy for you, ypsomed has limitations in providing the device into no country that we have no distribution rights.

After careful consideration we have made a business on Ethical Grounds not to supple the pdm nor pods Without Involve to consultation or pump nurse in the therapy treatment process with omnipod.Insulin Pump Therapy Needs Close Control With A Doctor.Therefore Ysomed Highly Discourages Use of the Device in Any Territory Not Yet Assigned.YPSOMED ALSO DOES NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE YOU MAY Encounter Any Problems With The Device.Any re-suply of pods need to be individually organized, via the practice or Doctor You Would I receive the Training.

YPSOMED WILL NOT SHIP ANY DEVICE INTO ANY COUNTRIES NOT SERASED FOR MARKETING AND DISTRIBUTION.

There might be one positive solution.

London Medical Center, 49 Marylebone High Street, London W1u 5HJ, May Accept Non UK Patients and Supplying The MyLife omnipod System After Consultation and Training.

FURTER SUPPLIES OF PODS ARE COLLECTED ON THE NEXT MEDICAL APPOINTMENT IN LONDON

Thank you for your understanding that ypsomed Cannot Help in This Matter for Persons Who Don’t Live In Any of Our Assigned Countries.

Freundliche Grüsse / Kind Regards

Matthias Hasler

Customer and Marketing Support

Care diabetes

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2014 9:12 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
roar after 30 years of diabetes I think there is a lot of money for the cure to appear, hopefully I is wrong !!!But real advances in 30 years?Well, the Dexcom will make 8 years and now take the free as a novelty and without punctures, which is not true because you have to continue clicking to confirm values ​​that sometimes vary and according to the sensor and it is not known because sometimes the results areDisgunciations, in addition to not taking it out with alarms that are very important to us.
An artificial pancreas?First they must investigate an insulin of effect more than immediate and short duration space and that is injected directly into blood, since if not the pancreas will inject insulin when it is already high, and the pancreas but that insulin of immediate effect and short duration existsI could not know if we have taken a juice (fast and paron rise) or we have eaten a pizza (slower up and for hours), it would be a hyper or hypos show.
Advance?To put the insulin that was previously now in a kind of pen that is more than double large than the insulin load it carries?Come on, I do not believe that for researchers it is very difficult to reduce the size of the PEN at least.
I do sport almost daily for me if it would be a pleasure not to be with tubes even if you are going to comment that it can be removed to shower or engage it to the pants.When I go with the mountain bike that can be an average of 3 to 4 hoas if I fall and break the pump gives me something and when I do running because I do not feel like having to be noticing a tube, I recognize that they are manias, and there areCompanions who carry it but I don't like the idea.
They are Manias and I recognize it but I think like that.
I was speaking by email with the omnipod house and they told me that they will not bring it that I could approach London even gave me the clinic data but and then?Where did that insulin of the saved?I don't think this is the bomb, they will pay it.It is an issue that I do not understand why not bring it to Spain.

Hi Jconegar ... I think the same as you.The only bomb I would consider is just the omnipod. At the time, I have had the opportunity to acquire it ... but it weighs the 250-300 euros to the elderly (from dexcom), in my case, or one or the other, but the 2impossible.The pods last 3 days.On insulin, I have not investigated at the time, but if I remember badly you can use that of preloaded pens (those given by the SS), it is surely antieconomic (for the SS) but if it does not give you boats that would be the most practicalWell, there are people who have done it without problems.
On the Omnipod page themselves appear as approved Lantus, Apidra and some more.

Come on, that if you acquire the system as you consider better, in London for example (the truth, you fix that in 1 days with Ryanair :)) ... the issue of insulins would already be on your own with what you already have.What if you would have to buy is the pods box monthly.

I think that the omnipod and continuous measurement would be the perfect tandem (and I do not think it takes long to integrate it with the Dexcom, perhaps not to take corrective measures, but to stop taking them, for example, if the glucose detected by the Dexcom is low, then stop managing ... or if it is very high, warn and ask ...)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/01/2014 12:56 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well Paul, I thought the Pods would also be subsidized if health gave it, but so I prefer to continue paying the Dexcom and for what you say of prices it is clear that social security will do nothing.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/01/2014 12:59 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

No, you only pay what "little Nicolás" promotes :).For me the pods, with their problems (is great, the truth, but inhalambric and autonomous) are the only way that a bomb is interesting to me, I share your opinion about the feeling of "freedom", the tubes, etc ...

I believe - at least in my case, for others it may not be so - that it is much better, first, continuous measurement ... and then any other advance.Both, having possibilities, has to be a real delight.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/01/2014 1:11 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

How much do the pods cost.Insulin can put an ultrarapide

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
02/23/2016 10:27 p.m.

Hello everyone!I am new in this forum .. you can please tell me the price of 640g omnipod and Medtronic Minimed!?What is the best for the price?Thank you so much!

Brandon's profile photo
Brandon
02/25/2016 3:55 p.m.

By Amazon and other website you can acquire Lod Pods.200 euros per month.On the back of the corner is the new Omnipod.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
10/28/2017 1:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.