Omnipod

Regina's profile photo   07/10/2009 9:19 a.m.

Hello!Do you know anything about this new bomb?At first glance it seems very comfortable, it does not carry catheter and has an infrared associated meter.In the US it is already marketed.
After the latest news so pleasant that they are coming out about Lantus, I am informing myself about bombs, and I am really liking.
We can collect information, to see if we get it soon.
A hug: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/10/2009 9:19 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Your gueb:

-In this link: <!copper how it works

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/11/2009 8:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks, Owash.I thought the meter was continuous and did not need reactive strip but, seeing the video, it perishes yes ... right?
I do not know if they will have some kind of experience and results with this bomb, here in Spain.Maybe they put them in a clinic I know.I'm going to see if I find out this summer.
A hug: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2009 11:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I will ask Abbott's, to see what they know or what they mean:-/

Will the meter also accept the acetone strips in blood?:?

DiabetesForo
07/12/2009 6:16 a.m.

How good this bomb looks, I suppose that in Spain it is not marketed, it will have to be investigated.

DiabetesForo
07/13/2009 3:50 a.m.

I have spoken with one of the nurses of the Gijón clinic and he has told me that they have not yet put any bomb like this because it is expensive, in dollars: 1600 the bomb and 300 monthly consumables.They have to ask the US, but if we were interested in putting it to us.
I wanted to know if they had some kind of experience with her, to see what hemo can be achieved, but they don't have it.
If you have associated a continuous glucomer (it doesn't have to be so difficult either), Raquel would put it on.But it has to deserve a lot of consciousness, because with Lantus it is very stable and the last Hemo, yesterday, was 5.8.
Let's wait a little more ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/15/2009 11:02 a.m.

Theoretically, and from what is seen in the video, the gucometer uses Abbott's strips ... This laboratory is developing the Navigator, non -invasive meter.
Was the 2 pots to join?8)

DiabetesForo
07/15/2009 3:29 p.m.

I rectify, the Navigator is invasive, minimally, but invasive :(

Regarding the Omnipod, bad news, this device is not expected to be introduced into the European market in the coming years ...: Evil:
Incomprehensible.

DiabetesForo
07/18/2009 2:40 a.m.

Well, they miss it.
I don't think it's so difficult that Medtronic or any other strong company can develop that system shortly.
I would like to know what changes there will be five years.
Health

DiabetesForo
07/18/2009 11:07 a.m.

It is weird of noses, I do not know the reasons for why it is only marketed in the US but something must be (equal rolls of patents or things like that), it makes no sense.

In my opinion, in 5 years the situation will not have changed much (unless monumental discovery)

- For type 1, in Spain the closest progress may be the increase in the use of continuous meters ... the landing of the Dexcom and Solianis is planned ... we will see
- I have a lot of faith in the use of incredine hormones for type 2 ... I think the progress will be brutal, really the doctor who has a poorly controlled patient is that he will care very little neither the person nor his work.... although of course we do not diagose people, hardly:-/

Although all this will be covered by Alea's work :))

DiabetesForo
07/18/2009 2:52 p.m.

Look that I like Solianis that: D However, I have some mania, you will know why.

I believe, Owash, to transform a paradigm type bomb into a wireless such as the Omnipod should not be so complicated (for them, of course) in short, that we will have to be patient.

By the way, patience will not be a hormone that is synthesized inversely proportional to insulin?Use, when the production of one fails, the other is raised.Come on, do not pay attention to me, which are "alloy"

Those friends are now on vacation and reflection.But one of them has occurred to vacations no less than a site called Llanes, back in August, so, between cider and cider that we have planned, we will see if they drop me any news that makes us a little happy.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/18/2009 3:03 p.m.

About what you said before:

- For type 1, in Spain the closest progress may be the increase in the use of continuous meters ... the landing of the Dexcom and Solianis is planned ... we will see

Do you have an idea of ​​when could the arrival of Dexcom or Solianis occur?

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
07/24/2009 5:26 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

about what you commented before:

Do you have an idea of ​​when could the arrival of Dexcom or Solianis occur?

Greetings,

I would like to know me :))

Solianis announced that he was preparing the market exit for the last quarter of 2010 ... that is, put 1 more year, which is what usually happens

Dexcom announced that in 2009 he would be in Europe ... he still has 4 months to turn 8) ... that does save that is Carillo

A link to see a comparative painting (didn't they have another xiquilla :))):

DiabetesForo
07/24/2009 noon

By the way, patience will not be a hormone that is synthesized inversely proportional to insulin?Use, when the production of one fails, the other is raised.Come on, do not pay attention to me, which are "alloy"
Health

I forgot to comment your comment: D

You are not on a bad path, the cortisol accelerates the production of glycogen ... Cortisol is part of the so -called sympathetic nervous system: if a lion would suddenly enter through the door of the room the body would secrear cortisol that predisposes us to run what would induce what would induceTo the creation of glycogen by the liver and rapid use of circulating glucose ... Another easy example is what happens in the morning: the natural segregation of cortisol makes us need more insulin than lunch or lunch orDinner ... it's as if the body prepared for the action of the whole day ...

DiabetesForo
07/25/2009 11:59 a.m.

Hello! Happy return of vacation to all, we have also been very good for Llanes, there have been days for everything, but we have enjoyed the beach (the sea is this year, here in the north, at a very good temperature, thanIt is rare because it is usually very cold).
I have found information from another bomb, even smaller than the omnipod and also without a catheter. It is on the Solo4you.com page
Let's see if this new generation of pumps comes soon and we forget the catheters.

A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/28/2009 1:24 p.m.

Hello everyone:

On the Omnipod bomb I want to say that I know a person who has it.
In case someone does not know, the device that adheres to the skin contains insulin and catheter, you have to change it with the same frequency as the catheter of a conventional bomb, that is, every 3 days, and then it is discarded.This seems to me a tremendous waste, especially if you don't put it well.
The monthly cost of the bomb plus the Dexcom sensor amounts to more than 500 euros, this expense cannot be supported by anyone, it is the bomb that the American actors and artists have (Hale Berry, Jonas Brothers, etc.).
Of course, pretending that this is marketed in Spain seems utopian to me: here you can not get a half -unit pen.

There is a couple of good ideas out there:
1.- This is a bomb with the same concept, a little more voluminous but less wasteful:

2.- This bomb is a monitor:

I have consulted about both products and have not even answered me.I think they are only computer simulations

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/01/2010 7:12 a.m.

Hi Gema3!The bomb that you comment omnipod is not an actors bomb, in fact many people included children take it in the United States, because medical insurers pay, you already know that the health system of countries like the United States has nothing to do with ours, for the good and for the bad.
The fact that they do not market ONMIPOD in Europe I do not know what is probably due to several factors: production difficulties, post -sales care, potential customers, in short that companies are not an NGO, if they have done their market studies and notWe go on account we are left without omnipod.The price you have given is the "change" I fear that the day it is marketed, even if I do insulet directly, the price will be somewhat more expensive.

Regarding "Cellnovo" is a British company, in effect what appears on the web is a computer animation, but they do have a prototype, in fact they spend money on promotional products because I have seen a keychain that was the bomb (clear ofplastic) to real size, it was small small, like a mobile or even smaller battery, what came to my ears is that they are waiting for them to buy a large company.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/02/2010 4:16 a.m.

Well, this video circulates through the network since June, as you can see, it is the Medtronic Superrife, look at what pump without tubes draws (from minute 4.40):

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/02/2010 4:20 a.m.

Hello everyone, I know that the thread is something antigüo ... but someone already uses myomnipod ????My 10 -year -old daughter is put in January and I would like to know what works and so on.
Thank you.

mjclaudia's profile photo
mjclaudia
11/24/2014 8:48 p.m.

Hello MJCLAUDIA, my son uses the Omnipod, and what I can tell you is that it is wonderful,

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
11/27/2014 6:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.