Soy drink for diabetics

Enrique&Diana's profile photo   01/08/2010 12:22 p.m.

Hello everyone!How are you?

We are new in the forum, and we have thought that we are going to be released by throwing a question to know your opinion about soy drinks really suitable for diabetics.

We have been reading some comments about some brands, and in general we have seen that Don Simón's has many sugars, the landowner also, and for the moment he wins points I am from Pascual (although it is a bit expensive).I don't know how others will be, such as Carrefour, other white brands or dietary stores.

If someone wants to comment, we would like to find a soy drink that does not shoot the sugar, hehe.

Thank you very much and have a good weekend!

Enrique&Diana's profile photo
Enrique&Diana
01/08/2010 12:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello:
I cannot comment on soy drinks because I do not know them but there are no more or less suitable foods for diabetics, the question is to know the carbohydrates containing each ration and apply the corresponding insulin.
For type 2 it is already another story because when not insulin does the diet already has to be quite restricted.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/08/2010 12:34 p.m.

Welcome Enrique & Amp; Diana !!!!
At home we do not use soy drink, but as Prado says, it is important to calculate the amount of insulin you need for that food .... I have been taking a look in San Google and in general the soy drink has 5gr.of HC, S per 100 grams, and a glycemic index of 30 ... and normal milk has 4.5 HC, s and depending on whether it is whole or skimmed varies its glycemic index between 29 and 30, that is to say practicallythe same....
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/11/2010 4:05 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Enrique y Diana !!!!!!!!!!!!
My little soybeans (replacing milk) for just over a year.Take the live I am and we have not noticed a difference between semi milk and soybeans, come

DiabetesForo
01/12/2010 4:52 a.m.

Hello, I am also new in the forum but I can answer you about soybeans, I have been replacing the skim milk for the Yosoy brand beverage for several years.There is normal, with calcium and cereals.I take normal and it is great for sale in the Mercadona and its price is not crazy, it does not contain any added added (the one of the landed brand if you read it contains brown sugar) only those contained in the 0.6 percent soybeans andThe total HC per 100gr is 0.7.Well I hope you have helped you.Greetings.: D

paula's profile photo
paula
02/01/2010 4:37 p.m.

Contrary to what is read in the media, in general the non-fermented soybeans is harmful to the human being.It contributes to thyroid diseases, especially in women, raises to the immune system, contributes to allergies and digestive problems and much more.The people of the East do not take soy as they say, but fermented soy products.The reason for the entire soy roll is that the soy industry in the USA began to sow it to extract the oil.With the oil, a lot of soy protein comes as a product, since everything cannot be used in feed looked for another exit, which of course is human consumption.

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 9:49 a.m.

After reading the bard post, I have put "google" and I found this:

Link ... waters.html >>>

I don't know how true it will be true, but it seems that they continue to hide things: Mrgreen:
The truth is that I once tried soy milk and its flavor seemed so disgusting that I never tried again.

We will have to find out.Thanks for your contribution, bards.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 10:48 a.m.

I have read that all these criticisms come from the dairy industry, which had suffered many losses because of soy milk and thus tried to discredit it.I have tried more than half a dozen types of soy milk, there is a variety to bore and that's why I don't understand that "I don't like it."There are vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, natural, more liquid, more concentrated ... etc.I personally recommend any soy that you like and that is not genetically modified.

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 5:45 p.m.

Go, I had now discovered some sugarless soy yogurts and was all excited about plant proteins and such .... Juan Luis TB.He is investigating to see what is true, although at me he has already left the post cold.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2011 5:30 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, soy has always given me a certain yuyu;), apart from like nothing, I do not give confidence those products that suddenly become fashionable and "studies" of how good they are, it is worth scienceAnd the investigations advance, but it always happens when the industry has exceeding of this product .....: Shock:, in short, they are my things .....: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 6:44 a.m.

Ups, I was wrong ...

DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 11:42 a.m.

Velia, vegetable proteins also have them in legumes.
Prado, soybeans is not new, I have been taking it for more than 15 years:-)

DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 11:43 a.m.

Man, Roa, pos I don't know how a lentil yogurt will be :)) :))

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/26/2011 12:50 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I would not mean that, woman! ...: Oops:

DiabetesForo
01/26/2011 3:31 p.m.

Don't worry, Roa was a grace;).What I meant is that, although I am not very yogurts, it is an alternative to so much animal protein ...
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/27/2011 5:15 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Regarding this issue.A few days ago I made a consultation of Sojasun (if I am not wrong of the most important in Spain in desserts with soybeans).I have already obtained the answer, which I copy you without further comments.

My question to Sojasun: ”.. I have read that products with non-fermented soybeans are not good for health.I would like to know if your products are with fermented soybeans and your opinion about it. "

Sojasun's response:
“To answer your question, we communicate the comments of our responsible nutrition regarding their concern about the manufacture of our products, and more particularly to soy foods that are not fermented and that could present a certain toxicity.
If it is accurate that raw soybeans contains antitriptic factors and fittas that are antinutritional factors that limit the absorption of certain nutrients, it is useful to know that the manufacturing processes of all our sojasun products eliminate these components by soaking and cooking.
For the rest, our fermented desserts, such as the natural soybeans, are obtained by fermentation, contributing in such a way, the ferments, to the yogurt type texture that already knows;They are also manufactured according to the same type of process as traditional yogurts. ”

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
02/07/2011 9:31 a.m.

The writing and translation could have already been curled a little: shock:

DiabetesForo
02/07/2011 12:57 p.m.

I think it's the same

Juan_miguel1's profile photo
Juan_miguel1
02/22/2016 10:50 p.m.

mead said:
because to me the soy has always given me some yuyu;), apart from not likeing anything, I do not give confidence those products that suddenly become fashionable and begin to go out"Studies" of how great they are, it is worth science and research to advance, but it always happens when the industry has exceeding of this product .....: Shock:, in short, they are my things .....: Mrgreen:

Hello, what accounts of soy milk is your comment, we are here to intercan opinions, and learn from them, I went to a nutritionist, in the diet he put me, among other things a glass of milk or two yogurts, of course IIt ate two yogurts, instead of a glass of milk, because the yogurt fills me more, but one day I discovered the soy with just & lt; hydrates and sugars much less than the semi -skimmed one, in care with the oatmeal it has many hydrates and the soybeansThere are several flavors, you have nothing to take the natural soy that I do not like but I put a saccharin and it happens a little better, I will always buy with the glasses closely and I look at hydrates and sugars is a chou
Later I will try to write about the saccharin and a device that gives you the marking without clicking, I already have my fingers like a strainer
Greetings see you soon

DiabetesForo
01/13/2018 2:44 a.m.

I have been drinking soy milk for many years.It is a fundamental part of my breakfast, accompanied by oats, natural.I started by Alpro's, of the Asturian, was the best taste for me, but of course, everything that is sweet ... I am doing.I left it, I had sugar.I found the landowner brand, in Mercadona.It is more insulse, but I got used to its flavor.It has 0.6 gr.from H.C.per 100 ml .. I'm still with her.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
01/13/2018 12:44 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.