We are looking for volunteers

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/03/2010 5:38 p.m.

Hello everyone.
I have been all day without the Internet, and I also have my orderly milking, so I write to you in my "saint."

To the grain: This morning Tino González has called me.Those of the old forum already know who it is.For the new ones, I will say that it is one of the two researchers who have developed software to close the pump handle (artificial pancreas)
After the long "desert journey", everything is ready to undertake the tests, so it has contacted me to tell me that they need volunteers for these tests.

The requirements are:
Be over 18 years old
Be type 1 diabetic
Be a bomb user
Not having a disease that can alter the results.

The tests will be held on Saturday (all day).They will be held at the General Hospital, which is part of the HUCA (Central University Hospital of Asturias), in Oviedo.
The two researchers, Tino González and Luis Argüelles will be, as well as the endocrine that collaborates with them and, at least, a nurse.
All the requirements have already passed: Ethics, insurance and previous approval Committee.

I excuse to tell you how important it would be that they could finally carry out the tests.Too bad Celia is excluded by not having 18.

Anyway, who can and want to participate, should contact me.Send me a private and we already give the phones to expand details.
As the title of the post with which this theme began, years ago, in the other forum, "to move they play"

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/03/2010 5:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You know that, even if it is from the distance Allende mountains and seas :)), I am what you need ...

If you have to mount air bridge with Oviedo then it is done: Mrgreen:

I imagine that I can spread the message between my Valencian relatives for the flute ...

More seriously.
For all those who have the possibility of participating in the study ... do it !!!
It looks very good, with all the reserves that must be done with research, the study has quality, seriousness in the ways and ways, good intentions and forecasts of magnificent results ...

DiabetesForo
05/04/2010 4:14 a.m.

Juan Luis almost certainly participates, I say almost, because the date is the only thing we have to do, from here to June we have every weekend, a communion, Fran's graduation, Dana's graduation, a weekendWith Nati, the end of the year of Angela course and at the time my exam: shock:
Also today I will go to the hostpital and comment with the endocrine of Juan Luis to spread it among his patients ...
The candidates encourage you, please, to get this forward is of great importance for all ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/04/2010 5:10 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Congratulations Alea,
My daughter can not be voluntary because she is little but I will ask in the association that we have founded here in Aragon in case they knew someone who could be interested.
For what you need here we are
A hug

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
05/04/2010 5:32 a.m.

Naturally you can spread it.Moreover, I beg you to do it.Perhaps the best way to "recruit" volunteers is in diabetic associations, in endocrine consultations, etc.

There is no need for a regiment, but it would be desirable to have at least half a dozen volunteers.

Thank you all and see if we get it.

DiabetesForo
05/04/2010 7:11 a.m.

Alea, I would like to collect some information to be able to publish it in the magazine we edit in Bizkaia and incidentally, if someone is interested, who can participate.Who could provide me with some material to complete a joint on the subject?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/04/2010 7:37 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Gon, I have passed you the response for private messaging.

Let's see if we get this not to stop due to lack of volunteers.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/04/2010 8:34 a.m.

Gondurulo, can you manage it with Fede?, I think Mercedes and Elena are dynaming a lot of fede, I think that with the support of Angel and their work 2 you can get support and volunteers.

DiabetesForo
05/04/2010 8:37 a.m.

I'm going to ask you "even more difficult": we need volunteers, but without giving excessive advertising to the subject.Come on, they want the thing to go discreetly until they have the results of the tests.

That is, that you are preferable to you to give too ostensible advertising.

I know you understand me;)

Health

DiabetesForo
05/04/2010 8:49 a.m.

I am very happy with the news, what a shame that noe cannot be one of those volunteers!
Well that, to see if there are plenty of volunteers.

DiabetesForo
05/04/2010 9:54 a.m.

I can't have a bomb, but I make my house available to Oviedo, I can also accompany you to the hospital and what you need.
A hug: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2010 10:38 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello everyone,
What are the evidence, I do not know what is being investigated?

Aran's profile photo
Aran
05/05/2010 3:56 a.m.

Hello, Aran.
The tests consist of being one day, from morning to night at the Hospital of Oviedo, making glycemia measurements and letting it be the software that those researchers have designed that decides the amounts of insulin to administer, and see ifIt works correctly or making the necessary modifications, always under the supervision of endocrine and nurse.
This software is designed to close the "ASA", that is, it would be a kind of intelligent system that is what is missing to have an artificial pancreas.

We already have a few volunteers, but we need more, so everyone who meets the requirements and I can thank you for offering.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/05/2010 8:15 a.m.

Hello,

For Valencian volunteers !!We (my husband, my son and I) will go by car so if someone wants to come with us tell me and we agree.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
05/05/2010 3:13 p.m.

Anapp

It's great to see that people are encouraged, thank you very much.
You know that here, in Asturias, you can count on Regina and with me, for what you need, to accompany you from one place to another, in short, you know.
Those who already have it clear ID confirming it, please.
Health

DiabetesForo
05/05/2010 3:40 p.m.

I applaud you to everyone, I am diabetics of pills only, with which I do not enter the study that if not there it would be apart that Oviedo is a beautiful city and I love it.

Good luck with the study.: D

Nube's profile photo
Nube
05/05/2010 4:01 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Well here another one that is thrown into the pool, I do not think that block but if someone else goes from Barcelona or surroundings I have room in my car and the path is already known ... I just just returned this Monday xDDD

DiabetesForo
05/05/2010 4:21 p.m.

Hello Alea,
Count with me how could it be otherwise, it had not seen the thread, I hope not to be late.
And I hope that with my ailments they will let me participate, well you will tell me,
A kiss for you and for Celia ...
What a struggling mother piece, and how proud he has to be from you ...
My mother if it's already a little woman ... what happened as time passes ...
a kiss :)

DiabetesForo
05/06/2010 4:44 a.m.

I'm still giving thanks.

I have sent the email addresses of which you have already pointed a questionnaire that I need to be forwarded as soon as possible.

Kris, I loved talking with you and hearing the little back.

Health to all

DiabetesForo
05/06/2010 11:39 a.m.

Alea, I have already sent you this morning, yesterday I could not look at the mail.
You're welcome, at all;)

anuski's profile photo
anuski
05/07/2010 7:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.