Sweeteners

xiquillo71's profile photo   05/06/2010 11:29 a.m.

Hello foros, I have read somewhere that cyclamate is not too recommended, so I decidedLess as I like (I am very sweet toAnother day I get to 6 in my milk and not so.Well I wait for your suggestions, greeting everyone.

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
05/06/2010 11:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Xiquillo!I am not an expert in sweeteners because the truth is that apart from saccharin (in coffee) we do not use any.Some because they do not sweeten or bitter and others because they do not feel good and also raise blood glucose (polyalcohols).There was a season that we made homemade desserts with fructose, until we realized that the climb was the same as with normal sugar.So now my daughter takes normal desserts, when you feel like it, and all you do is put two more fast units.After all, it is the most natural.
U N Greetings: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/07/2010 12:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello!I use Stevia and the truth is that with a little sweetener and the flavor it gives is great apart from the fact that it has neither carbohydrates nor calories.For me it is the best sweetener I've tried so far.They send it to me from Latin America but I know that online they also sell what it is not is reliable or not.
All the best.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
05/07/2010 4:18 p.m.

Anapp

Look, here I put what he says on the label in case you are interested.

By portion 0.1 g (1/8 teaspoon)
Calories 0.038
Cabohydrates 0.0065
Colesterol 0.0
Calcium, phosphorus, zinc, vitamins, in not considerable quantities.

Organic productFree of Aspartame, sweetening cold and hot liquids, for the preparation of pastries and desserts in general.
Composition: Stevósido, (extracted from the dried Stevia leaves) and fructose.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
05/07/2010 4:26 p.m.

Anapp

Hello everyone

I put you again the message I have put in another thread because here I think it is better:

It is the first time that I write in this thread and I do not know if it is correct, I am a diabetic (bomb user) and I am a little fed up with the artificial sweeteners, but of course the fructose is not the solution either.My homeopath sent me to take a natural sweetener called Stevia.The truth is that for infusions it is very good but since it has a certain licorice flavor it does not use me for all foods (eg a natural yogurt, fruit ...).
I have investigated online and I have found a new natural sweetener called Tagatosa and is marketed as Tagatesse, they put it very well and I am curious to know if any of you has tried it.They sell it on the Mercadiabetic website and wanted to know TB if any of you has bought it.

Thanks and greetings ..... Virginia

By the way I buy the stevia in a herbalist, this liquid and in saccharin type pills and here in Alicante it is super easy to find ......

Private message

virginia's profile photo
virginia
05/25/2010 8:32 a.m.

Xiquillo71, if the cyclamate does not sound highly recommended or confess much in it ..... the aspartamo is worse !!!I encourage you to look for information about Aspartamo (E-951), because in addition to sweetening it is a poison that accumulates in the body and is unable to discard.It also produces the excitement of the neurons to such an extent that it bursts them, damages the view and it seems that it is the cause of a multitude of tumors.
It is also interesting to know the way in which the aspartamo was legalized and went on the market ... (a fairly doubtful form and controls by the way).
Here you have a link where there is enough information about the aspartamo, I still encourage you to document you since it seems that this substance is not as harmless as they tell us.More than 5000 products on the market carry aspartamo ...

I agree that Stevia is the best sweetener that we can take the diabetics, since in addition to sweetening, it reduces sugar levels, hypertension, it is diuretic and especially ... it is natural !!!

todosomosuno's profile photo
todosomosuno
07/06/2010 9:24 a.m.

There is no one who understands it, my educator told me it was the best .... aspartame.: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/06/2010 11:52 a.m.

Let's see, Stevia does not reduce the levels of sugar or control the hypertension and I doubt it is diuretic ... at most it can make me grow from my 1.65 to 1.85 dreamed: twisted:

Like any other substance, including aspartamo, parsley, cauliflower and stevia .... taken in large quantities they are toxic and potentially mortal.

Mable and moderation ... 2 tablets a day I don't think they kill us, or at least they won't kill us as much as other things (pollution, stress, inept matasanos ....)

DiabetesForo
07/06/2010 1:51 p.m.

I think like Owash.The amounts that we can take weekly from these sweeteners does not even close to those considered toxic.

I believe that on the Internet there are many campaigns and a lot of misinformation on the subject sweeteners.Everything has been said for many years when saccharin began.We are going to worry about the alleged neurons killed by a sweetener and we don't care about the low quality of a sausage, for example?or for the chemical waste we eat in the vegetables?Or for a thousand more things ... let's be serious, for God.And let's not get carried away by tremendism and absurd.Or we care about everything or nothing.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/07/2010 5:22 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I agree that, at the doses that are taken, it is almost impossible that there may be problems.

On the other hand, Celia has tried Stevia (thanks, Ana) and loves.It has a pleasant and less metallic taste than other sweeteners, and sweetens a lot, so much that the first yogurt that sweetened with Stevia had to throw it, because it put two teaspoons of the lowercase that the boat brings, and left over with average.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/07/2010 8:43 a.m.

Of course, everything in large quantities goes from being beneficial or harmless to toxic.The problem is not that you take two cake aspartamo pills (which is already ...), the problem comes from the products that are sold as light and that are sweetened with Aspartamo.There varies the recommended dose and the one they put in these products far exceed the recommended level.I am very sorry that you have so much faith in the aspartamo ... because they are deceiving you (it is not beneficial, quite the opposite).Anyway ... Everyone is "free" to do what you want with your life, although I recommend you inform you more thoroughly about the aspartamo and not trust Light products so much.
And on the other hand we have the Stevia or natural sweetener, which although many doubt of its properties are not few and we can still find it "healthy" (Coca Cola and other companies want to buy the patent of the Stevia, manipulate it genetically and take away its active substance activewhich is the one that gives the plant its properties, in order to only take advantage of sweetening power and take out its coca coats with Stevia (false Stevia because it will be manipulated) ...

todosomosuno's profile photo
todosomosuno
07/19/2010 5:39 p.m.

I took cyclamate, and I went to Stevia dust ... and do you say that is dangerous too?I am considering taking honey simply, it is worth stopping lights, and forgetting the drug that is sweet, although it is complicated ... I think for everyone, seen that there is no solution so as not to have complications with our disease.

DiabetesForo
07/22/2010 6:41 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
The other day I bought in Stevia herbalism in tablets, and read what is bad?So what to take?I had read that Stevia was a very good sweetener for diabetics
All the best

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
07/23/2010 4:27 a.m.

Stevia is not bad.The bad can be if any company adulterated (as you can do with anything else) what you have to do is buy it in reliable places and read the labeling to see that it is natural.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
07/23/2010 8:16 a.m.

Today I bought Estevia (fluid), the content is as follows:

Purified water, 25% Glucóside of Estevía, (Bio Nop-Standard), Malic Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Vegetable Glycerin.They are 50 ml and the price € 9 and something.

Because of the comments you make, we must not abuse, I will tell you because I have not taken anything for the moment.

Nube's profile photo
Nube
08/09/2010 12:18 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hello everyone: I have also bought the famous Estevia today, in my case in tablets, and it cost me € 70 the box with 300 tablets.Let's see how it knows and I tell you .......

xiquillo71's profile photo
xiquillo71
08/09/2010 7:37 p.m.

€ 7.50 A box of 300 tablets!?: Shock :: Shock :, Better than for that price you can do biscuits with him, I say it because I gave up doing them with artificial sweeteners, they do not upload enough to me, they do not come as fluffy and do not know the same, and it is that I do not findNothing that can be used for the oven ... In the end I do them with azucar brunette, they get great and you are died ..., simply calculate the portions and that's it, and for the other saccharina brand Mercadona, hot pills, cold fluid (ice cream, mouses, lemonades, smoothies, jelly ...)

paula's profile photo
paula
08/10/2010 3:22 a.m.

I, like Paula, if I do any dessert at home, always with sugar, I can't stand the taste of sweeteners, at home I do not echoed or coffee with milk, away from home I use the Aspartamo of Mercadona, it is the least badHe knows me: Mrgreen:.You will tell how flavor the stevia has, they have told me that the taste is not very pleasant ...

DiabetesForo
08/10/2010 3:33 a.m.

Hello, you can tell me what sweeteners are good for cooking and where to buy them?

Thank you

helora's profile photo
helora
01/05/2011 8:57 a.m.

Hello Helora,

To cook two: the agave and tagatose syrup.The syrup must be counted in the final CH, but the tagatosa is not necessary and has a texture very similar to sugar with which it is great in the pastry.

For coffee I use the typical tablets of the landowner (I think it is saccharin and cyclamate).

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
01/08/2011 7:29 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.