I feel useless in this ...

kekiya's profile photo   09/12/2010 2:10 p.m.

Well, it will make more or less 2 months that I have started with the carbohydrate count .... I thought it was going better, or that learning would be easier, or that they would be exact sciences ... but no.
More or less to count ... Now, the calculation of rations-insulin does not work for me, I always get, for the calculations that the nurse made to me, less insulin than I really need ... and I despair... Then I get out of my levels and I appear with high figures, 200 or more ...But I intend to do it well, I get worse ... and I don't know if I will be, that I will be denied for this, or that they still have to readjust me ... or I know ... I have a lot of doubts ... for example, ifIn a meal not like hydrates ... then what do I put on insulin?and the effect of fats?There are things that still escape, or I want to go very quickly, or I know ... but I am sad..ppfff ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/12/2010 2:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, well, Kekiya, nobody controls it perfect.
At most, perhaps one or two, but the rest or speak.

You have to try and write down, try and write down, try and write down ..., until you see clearly where more or where insulin is needed.

If with the nurse's calculations you are always high, it is clear that the calculations are not successful and that insulin has to be recalculated.

Not eating hydrates is not advisable in any food.You can make a peck between hours, if you are hungry, without hydrates (some turkey slide, asparagus, etc.), but not a meal without hydrates, because when burn fat, ketone bodies occur.

Fats have a delayed effect.That means that, equal to hydrates, with fat the glycemia will later raise you and it is advisable, or put the insulin a little later (if the previous blood glucose is good) or divide the insulin twice, to extendThe effect.

Cheer up, we all learn here based on trips.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/12/2010 2:47 p.m.

Uuuffff ... you can't imagine the feeling I have right now ... an impotence of "I want and I can't" or "I want and I don't get" ... for breakfast, I take 3 rations of carbohydrates ...As my nurse told me, to put me 2 uds of insulin for ration of carbohydrates at breakfast ... so in total I would put 6 unu of insulin.days I need 6 units, another day 5, and others up to 10 !!!!How can that be?This is usually like that or is my body? Or do I do it wrong?And this talking about leaving before the breakfast of 120, for example, not high or low figures ... at meals, the same thing happens to me ... the rations, more or less calculate the insulin, even upwards ...And milks, I look at 2 hours and there is 200 and peak in my glucometer ... And of course, all this makes half, and next month I have an analysis, and I get a hem of 9 at least ..I know ... and of course, seeing my endo (if it is already reluctant to want to put the bomb), when I see my analysis and my difficulty to calculate the rations, much less ... and that is that Joer, seeing the spikes that I have of up and down ... in short, that I feel the sheet that I give you, I needed to vent my, and I see that I can't control it ... and I despair ...: Oops: :(

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/12/2010 3:01 p.m.

Keep learning. This takes time and there are bad seasons.Upload the fast (one or two units) and control the post in case there are hypos.
Hydrates counting tables are approximate, each body responds differently, and depends on the day ..
The or more that we can do is approach "normal" values, but if you still try day by day, and correcting day by day, the hemo will come out in good values.And you'll see how next time is better than the previous one.Good endos already know how difficult this is and not quarrel ..
Courage: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/12/2010 3:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

You are not useless, at all.It happens to us all or the same thing has happened to us.It is very difficult to control 100%, if not almost impossible, since it is a disease that will be varying all your life.But do not despair, there will come a time that, even if you have confusing times, you can control it almost perfectly.I have been nine months and right now I am in one of those "confusing" times because yesterday I spent the whole day and today I am between high and with hypoglycemia, etc ... but everything is time and learn to know your body and your reactions...

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/12/2010 4:23 p.m.

Kekiya Pefectos are nobody, the control of diabetes is not an exact science, we all see a 200 in our glucometer without having done anything exceptional, eating the usual but that should not despair, for that we often measure ourselves to correct and followforward.It happens to me as to you, at breakfast that is the food that barely varies, I usually eat 6 portions of hydrates and I put 4 insulin units but there are days that I need 5 especially the days before the rule.Do not despair, do not think that it only happens to you, measure yourself frequently and correct when you need it. And do not think that you are useless, diabetes constantly surprises us and we never finished learning ....: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
09/12/2010 5:50 p.m.

I started being very strict with meals.That is, it weighed everything in each meal, so that the amount of hydrates in each meal was the same, and thus be able to adjust insulin well.The first weekend I was away from home was a disaster and ended with a hiccup on Sunday morning (nothing serious, a 43).

Now I let go, as out of home without problems, no matter what eate.Depending on what I have eaten, I click.Of course, when I am at home, I try to maintain regularity in all meals, that facilitates control.Even so, a 200 or 230 after a meal, nobody forgives it, and we will never know why ... the important thing is general control, do not obsess for a punctual measurement.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
09/13/2010 3:40 a.m.

This is a background race, not a 100 -meter sprint ...;);

The important thing is not to have a 200 in the trustee, but to realize (take control when it touches) and correct it.
It is much worse not to realize that figure and not correct it.

Perhaps if you take the days it is easier to dominate it.
That is, for 1 week you can focus on dominating only the period that goes from dinner post to the pre -breakfast pre post.
Let's see how much you have to bed to get up in good figures (for me around 120).
Once you have dominated this, realize that you will have already controlled 1/3 of the day.

Then, the next week, it goes on to control breakfast. You only have to control the variables that influence breakfast glycemia to food.
You will have 2/3 of the day.

Finally, the third week you can focus on controlling from the pre of the food to the pre of dinner.
And you will have all the day studied and semi -controlled.

Everything is summarized in: Glycemias: Before and after meals.HC count and fast insulin calculation.And point everything ... but everything: meter weight, insulin, glycemia, schedules, stress, colds, rule, physical exercise ....

If everyone can, you too.It is a matter of time and that, surely it is what you have the most.

DiabetesForo
09/13/2010 4:51 a.m.

Thank you very much for everyone for answering, you don't know how much you help me.
I is that, I try to do everything as possible, and nothing, my levels are a sway, or I am very high, or I am very low, but I never manage to maintain a stable glucose. When after eating, I am at2 hours A for example 140 ... I say, good, the next day with the same, I arrive at dinner at 170 ... and I despair and I think that I will never be able to have a hem of 6, as you have many of you, and I think and say: how will they do it?What do I do badly?How do you get ??If you simply get to 7.4 how the last time it cost me a world ???
And as you say Owash ... more or less I control it with the Levemir ... but of course, with the fast it is more complicated to calculate ... if every day I put different insulin units depending on what as, and neverI get "right." If I do it according to the calculation of my nurse, it is insufficient, but if I do it to "Boleo", nor success.And of course, that makes me high before meals and makes me control worse also the lesson ... because I don't know if I put little, or that the high figure drags it from the food ... Anyway, goJaleo ... today I will go to the nurse, that I have an appointment, to see that I say it, and that she tells me to me ... :?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/13/2010 5:22 a.m.

Hi Kekiya,

Courage ... I'm like you !!;I have started with the insulin makes little and no matter how much I get effort to measure and calculate, for now it seems that much is not successful.There are days that eating the same at breakfast, I have found a climb at two hours, other days, however, what I found is an 80, which I have been watching until the time of the food with concern... yesterday, I arrived at lunch with 80, okay, I shed 3 units of the rapid, which was what corresponded to me and as normally.Well, at the end I begin to noytar symptoms of hypo: I measure me and zassss, 65 ... I got scared, with which I took 2 glucosport = 186 at 2 hours of eating ... This morning, I measure me and I was 140, I punish myself, I take breakfast, at 2 hours 225 !!!Things for the mind but I believe that the worst of all is the feeling of helplessas you can see;We are already two clumsy, hehehe ...

I imagine that this is a scoring issue, learning from the mistakes you make, how your body reacts before different situations ...

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/23/2010 9:35 a.m.

Ajajaja, if daughter, go messing of disease, ains !!
The other day, before going to bed, I had 74 ... Well, I took a zumito (1 Rac) and lift me in 118 ... well.!A nice 269 in my glucometer ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/23/2010 3:24 p.m.

Puff, who identified I feel when reading the whole subject.
I have started a month ago, and although I have hydrates, with scale and all the paraphernal, and I punish myself and go up, I have not had a single day that I do not have at least one value above 200 and more ...
And then, there are times that I cannot control it, and my mood is inversely proportional to my glucose levels, and I get worse :?

Kekiya, and with this plan you have reached your 6.7 hemo ???

DiabetesForo
11/23/2010 4:35 p.m.

Neihs the ten that you have in the firm is for the debut since you say that you have been a month for a month, if it were not for the debut it would be worrying.

Quiet that it is impossible to have a perfect profile 100% every day and although you give some 200 throughout the day if you do not keep many hours of the day you will see that in the hemoglobins it will not affect just ... unless we were weird, I play it, I play itThat is to your next hemoglobin can lower two points (a low or a high 7), especially PQ you still have endogena insulin and that protects you a lot, its regulation is perfect.

Account the rations of carbohydrates and do not modify them, if you have 5 rations of HC at breakfast because a fixed Piñon puts those 5 rations of HC at breakfast and the same for the rest of the meals, says the HC.

Try to maintain the greatest number of constant things for the moment (the schedules and the HC) for now focuses that the only thing to vary are the doses of insulin.

DiabetesForo
11/23/2010 5:17 p.m.

Neihs, at first, did not carry it so well. A of the nurses, he told me to Piñon Fijo, that for 10 gr of hydrates, an insulin unit. The lining was passed by the insulin sensitivity factor, and of course, and of course,I had some figures that for what ...
Then, with another nurse, it helped me tell me that at all, that for example at breakfast, per unit of hydrates, according to my figures and my counts, I needed for ration, 2 insulin units.
Well, to look for a better control and thus have better figures, I was doing it to Piñon, there, telling the hydrates well, and the truth, a good season has a good season having good controls and results (from there my 6.7, that IIt cost yours, you don't believe) and nothing, when I had a very high figure, because I rectified putting one or 2 uds of insulin, something that did not know, I did not know how to rectify.
Now, I have been on vacation, in my house, 15 days, and although I have not done anything from the other world or have left out or anything, and eating the same and everything, I have been lacking a little of the figures, and it costs me to straighten themIt is possible that they are altered because obviously, because I have been getting up later, because being at home you do not do the same activity than working ... and well, it makes me a bit complicated ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
11/24/2010 3:43 a.m.

Do not overwhelm in excess.I tell you.

My breakfasts are practically identical every day: coffee with milk, 4 slices of roasted bread, 2 units of fruit (heavy), fresh cheese and 3 cookies.And I put on the same amount of insulin, 4 you.Well, and although my values ​​when I get up are more or less equal 100-120, there are days that at two hours I have 140, another 180, another 100, some below, and other 220-240 days.My conclusions are: a) Insulin does not act just as fast, it will depend on a thousand factors.b) Bolis do not have the precision they should.

Even the days that was higher at two hours, I have not corrected myself, and at eating I was in normal values.What I do if I am a little taller is to walk a little more that morning, even if it is just climbing three times instead of one to take the papers to the office.

With meals and dinners I try to be strict too, but it is more complicated because they play more factors and there are more variety of food.

And my battle horse is now the mornings ... that although two hours after dinner I go to bed with values ​​of 120-140, I wake up someday with 130. Even a 98 at 3 in the morning it was a 140 when I woke up.But well, each body is a world, and we have to know ours and see what food is the one that gets out of control.

Good luck, and to continue trying, there is no other.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/24/2010 6:26 a.m.

Thank you very much for answering and telling me your experience.The truth is that I feel calmer, with what you tell me and that it seems that little by little I go down the values ​​a little.
Nacho_71, I also agree with the insulin, in fact there are times that even though the button to the bottom has squeezed and it seems that it has stopped coming out, if I squeeze a little more a droplet comes out.Not to say the times that even I have up to 30 or 40, I take off my needle and continue to drip a tad ... I had not given importance, but it can be a factor for which the glucose varies tb.I also believe that it varies according to our emotions even if they are small, and that is more difficult, because not every day we feel the same.For example, when driving to go to work, not every day you cross some ***** :)) hehehe
TNT and KEKIYA, the truth is that the rectifying when it gives me over 200 was doing it, even though I was not giving him as much importance as the figure itself, and ever for fear of the downsually I have not rectified, especially toThe time to go to sleep, and for what you tell me now I see that it is not so, I suppose that before sleeping, it will be rectifying with a little more care and having some zumito on the bedside table.(When I had a downturn sleeping I have always woken up, something good if I have: p hehe)

DiabetesForo
11/24/2010 8:48 a.m.

Hi Neihs,

A little already said.

And my doctor, we have been very good to sign up absolutely everything.As, quantities, what do I do later, if something special has happened ... and write down everything for days.It is also very good to include controls around 3 in the morning to assess whether there are hypos, and two hours after eating to assess the postpandral, in addition to bedtime.When you have everything pointed out and analyze it, you start seeing things a little clearer, and your doctor too and you can start regulating.In a couple of weeks things begin to see things.

Encouragement and patience, and as they have told you, nobody knows how to make it absolutely perfect, we are all taking action, valuing how we are going and regulating.

All the best!

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/03/2010 3:37 p.m.

I are that there are times that I drown in a glass of water ...
Motherly, when there is potato tortilla ... I make some championship jales tryingHydrates and calculate them badly. Another day my mother made a vegetable soup, very rich, with her tomb of ham, her vegetables ... and potato.sí, mini pieces of cooked potato ... Joe milk, and how she tells thatMicropatata scattered throughout the soup?Take it with a teaspoon and weigh it from my mother ..... sure you will think that what I expose are bullshit, and maybe it is, but it is that the calculations and mathematics are my worst nightmare, they have never been given to meWell, and I overwhelm a lot, and more when I meet these "problems", apart from that I have been with this very little time, just 4 or 5 months with the issue of counting ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/04/2010 5:03 a.m.

Kekiya, those are a bit more complex situations to value because making the calculations can be more difficult, but little by little you will get used to, because when you go to the restaurant we have to do everything by eye.At home we know how many potatoes the tortilla carries, in a restaurant no, and the same with the soup with the potato pieces ... how many potatoes does the soup carry?, From knowing the global amount you can "assume" that he can play inA dish.In addition, because you will have a reason, you will not have hyperglycemia.

The issue of croquettes.The elements to be valued would be the flour of the bechamel and the breadcrumbs of the battering (assuming that the croquettes are chicken and not of potatoes hehehe).When I make chicken croquettes, I put two or three tablespoons of flour (they can be about 15 gr, approx) and about 12 croquettes come out.As you see, the HC are not excessive either.It depends on how they are done, if Bechamel with a little chicha or chicha with a little bechamel.Now, another issue is the frozen ones, but this is resolved by looking at the croquettes bag label (there indicates the CH for 100 gr and even in some cases by croquette).

The most important thing is not to overwhelm and adapt little by little to the subject of rations.There comes a time when you get naturally.You see a piece of bread and say: "This weighs 35 gr", it weights and you get it right!)) :)) :)), and the same when you see a piece of potato you will know if there are 2 or 3 portions .... A question Do you have a meter of rations or are you going to weight?

All the best!

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/04/2010 5:24 a.m.

I have the meter glass ... but I know, they are situations with which my mother overwhelms myself ..., no matter howHe agrees or "forgot", and of course, put it in eye ... and then calculate what corresponds to you by croqueta, that my mother comes out a small, that another bigger ... and pfff ....Madre mine that jaleo ... almost for not getting dizzy doing calculations I prefer not to eat them ... or make a calculation to Boleo, with the thing that is right or not ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/04/2010 5:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.