I feel useless in this ...

kekiya's profile photo   09/12/2010 2:10 p.m.

Kekiya, weighs the croquettes on the plate and calculate the insulin as with the pasta (macarrones, pizza, spaghetti, noodles, bread ...) Lift later, and you already know for the next time.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/04/2010 6:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It is a matter of time, successes and errors .... If weighing everything to gram and calculating the insulin units, sometimes you run into a beautiful 200 in the gluco without any logical explanation ... Well, it is worth "risk" andEat the croquette (humm that good :))) and calculate it by eye ... whether we hit or fail we already have the experience for one time ... I do not see another way of learning ...

I remember that the 2 things that were most dizzy at the beginning were the gnoquis and eat in a Chinese (then I changed it to the Japanese and much better: Mrgreen :)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/05/2010 6:02 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is that I was overwhelmed, perhaps, without the need. Time (I don't remember exactly) I saw a person who made a millimeter calculation for the potato omelette., I was unable to make that same calculation for myself, and I almost prefer notIt is a little to beeceo, right?
Of course, on the other hand, they also scare me (fear not exactly, it is a way of speaking) my nurses, because in a couple of months they will put the bomb, because I have to carry some millimeter controls of the portions without making mistakes(or as little as possible) for when they put it on me, and that of course, that once placed, everything goes for carbohydrate count ... that if in the bolo wizard you have to put the amount of exact hydrates you ingest to avoid hypo orhyper .... in short, I have a mejunje in my head, that neither the mass of the croquetas !!! hahahaha :)) :))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/05/2010 6:27 a.m.

It is a scientific bowling: Mrgreen:
Starting from a base, we must see how each one affects us .... the theory is precious but the reality is hard;) ... one thing is the ration of food and a very different one how glycemia rises

with demonstrating that you know the theory you are already left over ... then you will already adjust much more with the experience

DiabetesForo
12/05/2010 12:33 p.m.

Man, the theory is easy by putting a little attention and interest.My problem is that I want to take everything so "perfect" within what you can, that when something does not come out, it gives me courage, why I think ... and if they supposedly value me that by ration of hydrates in the food are 2insulin?And if then with the pump it is not enough and I need more or less? How do I know exactly that there are 2 units if every day I have a different figure, and more now that I have been with flu?I do not know, it will be a question of time and to see these little things. Maybe now I see it as a "punch" .... maybe over time, because I laugh or not as serious as I paint it now ...Ains ... :?:))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/05/2010 1:28 p.m.

Perfection is difficult in these cases, in addition you are still in assessment phase.In three months that I have the bomb I have changed the basal 3 times, come on, that reaching balance requires time and patience, and a good dose of tolerance to frustration :)) :)) :)) :)).I encourage that everything is going great!

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/05/2010 4:03 p.m.

Let's see Kekiya, we will never get perfection, never, not even with a bomb, I have been with a bomb for 5 and a half years and I am quite stable, I take care of myself, as moderately and yet there are days, many, that I meet with inexplicable glycemias,above or below normal ranges.Do not obsess, the important thing is that you measure you regularly, I still do it 6 or 7 times a day and so you can correct when you are wrong in the doses and be very clear that you will never be able to match the healthy pancreas, it isvery difficult;)

DiabetesForo
12/05/2010 5:27 p.m.

If you are right, and well, maybe my nurses put that fear to get my best as possible, or I know ... and that's why I expose it here ... because it may not be so serious, andLike everything, then you require your time. It is almost impossible (I say) to have everything perfect before I even have used the bomb .... I don't know ... and nothing, so my laps to the coconut I express it here,To listen to opinions, in something I look a little lost.
Thank you all

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/06/2010 3:48 a.m.

Kekiya, I also believe that educators put more fear than you have to have later.The only thing they get like this is to stress and make us overwhelmed.
Regarding calculating the rations of exact hydrates, I put you out there one day the example of some lentils, but I realized that I complicated it by explaining it, really, I think it is more complicated to read the explanation than later to make the calculation.

If you want, we can do a practical case.You do some croquettes, weights the ingredients, tell the amount of croquettes that have come out, and then we calculate here all together.

I think that even though it is done for trial and error, it does not hurt, to see that the exact calculation is not so complicated, at least to do it from time to time and see that this trial and error is directed or not ...

DiabetesForo
12/07/2010 5:04 a.m.

I think that there is all a way ..... a few months ago I got one of my best figures (6.7), and congratulated me and all my doctors and nurses ... I felt great to have done things well. When theI have done bad.Quizas that I have marked me a little. And now that I am in the process of obtaining the bomb, something that many of you know that it has cost me a lot to get, or at least convince him, he is afraid of me, knowing that I am not going to take a 6.7 likeThe last time, thanks to which they agreed to put on the bomb. And I am not going to take it because I have been with a cold, and I have altered the figures a lot ... And I know, I am afraid that after everythingMy effort and struggle, that they recourse and go back, I know !!!I don't know, maybe, as I said, be bullshit, the result of my fears, and then when everything happens, see that everything has been nonsense ... but hey, at least I know I have to tell you these fears,and that you understand me better than anyone.
Thank you

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/07/2010 5:48 a.m.

Well, I don't usually count and I have never done it HC, I know I can't abuse rice, pasta or potatoes and I lived with vegetables, in potajes, in the garrison, etc., what I control is the amount of potatoesPasta or rice, then if as more than the account or I feel guilty for eating something else I take a walk of a horita and for dinner I am controlled ,, the other day for example I ate to have some macaroni with meat in sauceWhat about the previous day.In my house you do not usually throw any food and before dinner I had 95, for my experience the more you wantEat knowing that you eat a lot of vegetables satisfying you and controls the amounts of carbohydrates to the eye of the pasta.Rice or potatoes and when you feel guilty a walk ... It is more psychological and if you see that you are still high, walk more time or put less food with HC until you get it ... and by the way I do not use fast,, they don't want to give me, only mixed use 25

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/30/2015 1:57 a.m.

@Xavi79, they should give you fast, even if only to be able to correct when you are high, which is much faster than the walk ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/30/2015 2:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
@xavi79, they should give you quickly, even if only to be able to correct when you are high, which is much faster than the ride ..
regina I love itbeautiful, but as you know is not in my hand, today I have an appointment for the header, I will ask the endo, to see if I convince me that I am fast, I am lucky to know how to control myself with the mixed one, but as you say wellA fast would be his thing at specific times, greetings

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/30/2015 8:30 a.m.

@kekiya, as you have been told here, patience, controls and encouragement.We are not robots...

DiabetesForo
12/03/2015 10 a.m.

xavi79 said:
regina said:
@xavi79, they should give you fast, even if only to be able to correct when you are high, which is much faster thanthe walk ..
I regina I love her beautiful, but as you know she is not in my hand, today I have an appointment for the header, I will ask the endo, to see if I convince it that I give me a fast, I haveThe fate of knowing how to control myself with the mixed one, but as you say a quick would be your thing at specific times, a greeting

I flip with your case, to me the head doctor prescribes the insulin that I ask for, another thing is the strips that always scratch but with the insulin I had never seen that they gave problems.Neither doctors, nor endos, nor anyone.

Could we say that the worst doctors of Spain have touched you?What is already saying a lot.

If they do not fix it, an option would be to go to a private endocrine that usually costs about 50 euros (if you have no insurance), and he would make a report so that your head doctor prescribes the type of insulin you need.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/03/2015 10:09 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Mother, what has changed the story over the years !!!: D
I got the bomb, and they gave it to me as the one that gives you a bread bar and they tell you: there you manage.
I had to go to a private endo, which taught me what nobody never ever taught me from diabetes (councils, hydrates, weigh food, sensitility factor, Bolus Wizard ...) Everything was new for me !!!
But thanks to her I learned a lot, I finally felt free, and I could correctly handle my diabetes.Thanks to her, I also had a beautiful daughter, and the truth, that right now I can not feel.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/03/2015 10:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.