Doubts with the bomb

elena's profile photo   09/17/2010 11:36 a.m.

Hello everyone. I call myself Elena and I am a diabetics for 24 years.
Now they want to put the bomb because I start having some indication of
Possible complications. And the truth is that it doesn't make me any grace ...
I have some doubts (although I have not yet gone to endo) as for example:
Can the pump be removed for a few hours?
Is it uncomfortable when sleeping?
Can you shower with her?
How long did you start to obtain the results?
Please, I need urgent help to know what I do on the 24th
That is when I go to endo.
THANK YOU.

elena's profile photo
elena
09/17/2010 11:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

What slows you down to want to try?I believe that ignorance ...
When I had 16 years, when I debuted, I had the same doubts-stakes as you, but it was a few years ago when I read online, listened to opinions of people who carry it, and stopped creating fears and knowing a little more.
If they put it to try to improve your diabetes ... would not be sufficient reason to love it or at least try ???You can try a time ... and if you see you do not do, you can always return to the bolis, but for trying it you do not lose anything. I am uncomfortable ... you end up doing, like everything. I still don't have it, and you don't knowThe desire I have to be able to have one.cons. I prefer to be an uncomfortable "pelin", but have the peace of mind that I will be more controlled.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
09/17/2010 11:50 a.m.

The bomb is undoubtedly the best option to control glycemia and live with greater freedom.
I answer your questions:
1st/ Yes, you can take it off when you need it.
2nd/My daughter, who is the one who carries her, says she doesn't bother her at all to sleep.
3rd/ You can't take a shower with the pump, but simply disconnect it.You have the cannula in the body, to which you put a cap, and show you.Then you connect again and that's it.The same is done to bathe in swimming pools, in the sea, etc.
4th/ The results begin to be noticed as soon as the endo and you give with the appropriate pattern, both basal and bowling.All this teach you to handle it in the previous course.

In short, I recommend that at least try.Here there are many people with a bomb that can help you at the beginning with advice, tricks and others, but I think there is not one that wants to return to conventional treatment and remove the bomb.

Health and forward.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/17/2010 12:51 p.m.

Hi Elena:

I 6 months ago was equally exception as you or more ........ and that I have put it to regulate diabetes and lower glycosilada to try to be a mother ........ That is,I wouldn't have to have cost me the disgust that cost me.As I became the idea, a lot of doubts arose that I resolved, some in this forum that is a raw diamond and others with my educator and the psychologist of the association that TB has a set.I started trying to control my diabetes with a 7.8 hemo and some important rise and descent graphics.After 1 year of pattern and insulin changes, I managed to lower it to 7.5.On April 30 they put the bomb and today I have one we have 6.
Now I laugh at all my doubts, I am a young girl, quite presumed and I am not uncomfortable for anything.I sleep with her loose on the bed because although I thought no ..... for me it is more comfortable way to sleep, even if I screw myself around ... ha ha ha.In the morning there is still ... in place and well placed.
I have passed my first summer, I have swam, I have gone to the beach I have even gone on a trip and everything perfect.
Summarizing ...... that the option of the bolis will always have it and that for trying you do not lose anything.In my case, I regret not having put it before and if now they tell me that they take it away from me ....... I take the disgust of the century, because as the other says ........for my bomb ..... ma .... to !!!!!!

virginia's profile photo
virginia
09/17/2010 1:30 p.m.

I am from the same opinion as Elena Maa..to!.It happened to me the same and on top of that I was in treatment with pills for anxiety, I left 8.4 of Hemo, they put it in January, now I have 7.4, and as Elena I am looking for baby and I am very presumed ... Je, Heh.I just have to overcome the fear of the beach, especially that I aisled insulin with heat.How did you do Elena?Besooosss :)) :))

paula's profile photo
paula
09/18/2010 5:14 p.m.

Sorry I realized that you are Elena who have doubts and it is Virginia who coincides with me, uuuuppps!Sorry has been a lapse ...: Oops :: oops :: oops :: oops: but I am very happy.: D

paula's profile photo
paula
09/18/2010 5:17 p.m.

Hi Elena, by the way I also name me Elena hehehe .....

Little to add to what Paula, Virginia and Alea have told, I have taken the bomb for 5 years and I do not return to the bolis or joke, I also encourage you to try, do not lose anything and you are always on timeTo return to the bowling, but I am sure that you are not going to take it away, you get used to you very fast and bother much less than it seems, I did not take a day ......
It is logical that you are afraid and doubts about the unknown so ask what you want and raise all the doubts you can think of.

A kiss

DiabetesForo
09/19/2010 6:13 a.m.

Hi Elena, my 12 -year -old daughter has been bomb for 5 years and peak (almost like Prado);).Nothing to add, just tell you that you do not miss the opportunity they offer you because if it does not work (something I doubt), you would have nothing but return to where you are now ... it is logical that you are afraid, we all feel fear of whatWe do not know, but you are lucky to have many experiences already, today many people are already a bomb carrier ... encouragement and keep telling.

Paula, I have not had problems with the pump and heat and that we are from Cáceres and temperatures in summer are around 40: Shock :.When you go to the beach or the removal pool and put it wrapped in the towel or inside the bag you carry and try not to give it the direct sun, it is no more ... I am more worried about the sand, of Acts with the previousCatheters last year we had problems of mechanism obstruction, this year we have the oblique we have taken great.

Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/19/2010 6:26 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Paula .....
The truth is that not to lie to you ... I only had a small problem with the dressing ...... But nothing, I connected the pump again, I went where the lifeguards put me a dressing that covered everything and that I was a little longer on the beach but with the connected pump.When I get home, I changed the whole team and fixed.
I have 3 options ..... if I go to the beach and take the food with the corresponding fridge ... when I disconnect it inside the refrigerator of the beach that has a bag and thus this iced of bothheat.Other times I take an imni-denverite that have only a bottle of water and a piece of fruit enter (I do not usually go to the beach without that ... even for a couple of hours) it has a bag size and the pump enters withoutproblems and how I have a pool in the Urba ........ when I don't want to take so much mess ...It is very small, it does not occupy space and has a small bag so that the bag's gel does not moisten the pump and does not spoil ....... once disconnected I get the basal for 1 hour stripes and I controlled aLittle more .... Subject arranged.
But once you do it the first time and take off your fear, experiment and you will take the trick then you will know your needs little by little ......

virginia's profile photo
virginia
09/19/2010 7:34 a.m.

I have been with her for 28 days ... as time passes XD and the truth that I have had low and climb but in general I have greatly improved sugar, in addition to the punctures you save has greatly improved the lipodistropia and that is that isthanking.You can also return to the bolis since the insulin Novorapid is used and making calculations that your educator shows you you can disconnect if you need it, and even in summer you can use the lantud or less and be a time without a time without a bomb.The bomb that is incredible is that of Omnipod is wireless and nobody realizes whether you carry it or if not ... I hope it comes to Spain and the Canary Islands soon (which we are always the last) XD in short, with respect to the dressingsI use Nobecutam and I am phenomenal, the catheter leaves me super stuck and when I see that I take off a little of Nobecutam and immediately stick again =) Incredible I advise it!A huge kiss ^^

DiabetesForo
09/19/2010 1:17 p.m.

[Hello again to everyone, I'm Elena
Thanks for your mood. The truth is that I am quiet algomas,
especially because at no time has my family's support lacked, my
husband and my friends, and it is most important for me.
I have been reading many of your opinions and I have decided to try it.
Within 4 days I go to endo, so I hope everything goes well.
I will tell you and I hope to have your experiences if they emerge again
Any questions.
All the best.

elena's profile photo
elena
09/20/2010 4:29 a.m.

A silly question, the Nobecuta on or under the catheter?I have never seen it, although I read online that it was a spray adhesive, that's why the question.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/20/2010 1:30 p.m.

Hi Mornita

The Nobecuta is put above the catheter, when the catheter is already placed and before connecting it to the pump you put the spray and stay a movie and "supposes" that the dressing sets.It doesn't convince me much but I hope it works for you.
By the way Congratulations: D (I read it in parents), and I will tell you because we are going to try Nico the sensor in the arm.

Elena do not be afraid, you will see how your control improves with the bomb and your handling is not as difficult as you imagine.Good luck and encouragement.

mani05's profile photo
mani05
09/20/2010 2:15 p.m.

Hi Elena.Welcome to the Fire Club.

I perfectly understand your concern before such a decisive step.Because putting the insulin pump is, without a doubt.Over time you will verify that it is a successful decision because your quality of life, from now on, will change for better.Who tells you is a veteran, eight years with the hooked pot, who is fully convinced that without it it would not be the same.I have already a few years (enough more than you, surely) and I have been insulin in large quantities (more than 100 units daily).With the bolis there was no way to control or lower the glycosilada.I came to click up to four different insulins at the same time, I think there is no humalog that I have not tried.And since eight years ago I put on the bomb, the situation is another.A couple of years ago I took advantage of a summer to “rest”, I took the bomb for a couple of months and returned to the punctures.Ha! There was no way to endure the guy.I have a lordship body that says that without a bomb is not well ...

It is not your case, sure.But don't forget that ours is a long race.We work, today, to get in better conditions within a few years.

I am only a veteran who, by force, has become an expert in the "pot".By force and based on trying I have discovered tricks to prevent the catheter from taking off.To endure the inconveniences of summer, beach, sweat, etc.To discover the possibilities of the Nobecuta, to control the pulls when the pump falls ... come on, that I am something like a "macgyver" of the bombs.For the most theoretical (basal, bowling, rations, etc.) issues, you have authentic experts in this forum who will know how to indicate at all times what is the most appropriate step.Alea, Velia, Prado, Paula and others know about these things "More than Coloraos mice ..." As they say for my land.Do not hesitate to consult anything by absurdity that seems to you.Here we are at your disposal.This forum is an authentic Bombero University.

Welcome and encouragement.

DiabetesForo
09/22/2010 4:27 a.m.

Well, the Nobecutam is very good, I am anti pegues and thanks to the Nobecuta I exercise, I take as many times as I want, and I do not take off ... it is phenomenal, I cover myself with a lid of a bottle the catheter connector and thenI only give Nobecutam to the dressing and not everything, especially the edges and I get stuck great, and that I am very difficult for my skin on my skin ^^ a kiss

DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 4:25 p.m.

What I told you, Elena.In a short time, expert bomber.

There you have Super Ingrid, the Canary.It has been with the bomb for three weeks, two who discovered the Nobecuta and has already learned the trick of the bottle plug when applying it.Those tricks are only available to ready and veterans.And you, sure, you will not need much time to learn them.

Greetings to all.

DiabetesForo
09/23/2010 6 p.m.

Well, it is a good idea, Super_ingrid ... Let's see if Marcita reads it and is doing well to his little one who has big problems with the adhesives of the catheters.Thank you so much!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/24/2010 5:35 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

SUPER INGRID HIGHWhat a header you have is that neither McGiver hahaha.:)) :)) :))

I have requested yesterday some wipes that have an adhesive, they are supposed to arrive this afternoon.Let's see how, I hope so much that I don't know

DiabetesForo
09/24/2010 7:34 a.m.

Well yesterday the wipes arrived, today we have tried them and you do not see how they stick you to your fingers, we have the test of fire, try their resistance to water.I will keep counting
A hug

DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 7:17 a.m.

Lena, what wipes are those?Won't they be like the omnifix, a somewhat elastic tape and that endures water very well?

DiabetesForo
09/25/2010 3:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.