Doubts with the bomb

elena's profile photo   09/17/2010 11:36 a.m.

Veteran Mira are called Skin Tac Wipe and have an adhesive, I called Thursday morning by phone and they told me that they even carry a little alcohol, I spoke with Nobalac are distributors of Ánimas, they recommend these wipes precisely for catheters.First you give the wipe on the skin, according to instructions you have to let the skin dry get sticky and then insert the catheter (all this TB tells you on the phone).

I put the link where I found them, on the last page come the wipes and at the end of the page the phone to ask for them.For now everything is going well, they do not see, today we will give the little one a more or less long bath to prove their water resistance (which have told me that it is unbeatable) we will see ... for me it is the test of fire.

Ahhh cost 10 euros, but almost 20 euros have been more expensive (50 in individual containers) for shipping costs.I keep looking in case I can find them cheaper.

A hug

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/26/2010 3:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My veteran mother that is clueless, I am if I have not put the bufffff link;););

DiabetesForo
09/26/2010 3:34 a.m.

We also used it as well.The problem we have had is that it has "touched" a defective lot and the catheter that fell was no way to hold it, not Nobecután or Omnifix or Na de Ná and the one who stayed, did not need more tricks, lasted we did what we did whatLet's do.
At the moment, this box does not go wrong, on Saturday we have to start another, we will pray.
Lena, again, thanks for the wipes.

DiabetesForo
09/26/2010 2:06 p.m.

: S then, see if they put a little more about their part and stop sending defective lots, which are playing with our health .....

DiabetesForo
09/28/2010 8:25 p.m.

Hello!!!
I take this post, and so I do not open another commenting the same, and well, more than anything, as we all get to know and morally help me a lot, because I wanted to comment on a series of doubts that I have in my head.
Many already know of other posts, which I have been in the insulin pump, and my endo, which is not pro-pump, if I do not contrario, because it makes me a lot of obstacles and does not want to put it on.He said that it fights for her, everyone recommends it, and more with the problems I have had to lower my hem. When I had 9, my endo told me no, that it was a very high value and I was not a candidate.I went down to 7.5, and he told me that total, as I was going better with the bolis, than even with them ... and nothing, my last hemo, after a lot of effort ... I just managed to lower it one tenth, to 7.4 and it isThat it is almost impossible for me to lower it more!
Total, there is a nurse, of 2 that there is, that is helping me a lot, I am encouraged to learn things that I didn't know, to improve my diabetes ... Total, I also comment on the bomb ... and first I got into "Fear "or that sensation gave me: I taught me the needle to see that thick it was, he told me that the bomb is inconvenient (because like everything, like the bolis) that I was not going to notice improvement in my glycemia, that I was going to come outAlso lipodystrophy, that if you fix, all day with a pot attached 24h, even to shower, sleep .... good, if I loved her for comfort when you go out to dinner, do not click with the bolis and such... Well, try. It is that 5 punctures that I give up to day, I would go to 1 every 3 days ... that is, 150 punctures a month, it would go to 30 !!! But it says that the bomb is notFor everyone, only for people who do not manage to control well ....? ¿? ¿? ¿?
Joe, I don't know if they intend to discourage me, take off the idea of ​​my head, or if he dropped me, what health has trimmed the budget and have less bombs to distribute .... what do you think ????It is not even on the waiting list ... directly as always, a not by response .... I have controlled the subject rations ... in short, and the head made a mess ... :?:?:?

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/06/2010 8:06 a.m.

1st undress, nothing!
2nd I goat, I can't remedy it.Flack in Endo!Where were you from?What he says does not make any sense, first that you are not a candidate for having a bad hem and when you improve that you have not improved either.But where has this been seen?What sounds to me is that they have no dagger idea and clear, it costs.And they care about an opponent that you are having a fatal, that your future can be affected by not having good control or that you cannot get pregnant for not having a good hemo ... AGGGG .... do not abandon, it really is that it isridiculous stay there.From here I encourage you to call Medtronic, now I put the phone.Ask to put you with the delegate of your area, explicit your case, I assure you that they are very friendly and surely they will provide you with information about which endocrine or which centers put bombs near Tuu residence.And then you know.You really have to try.Courage and count on me for whatever you need.

A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/06/2010 8:27 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Sorry, daughter, who with "emotion" forgot my phone

Iberica Medtronic
CALENDULA STREET (DE LA), 93
The Moralej
28109 Alcobendas Madrid
Telephone: 916 25 03 22
Fax: 916 50 74 10

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/06/2010 8:33 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Totally agree with Velia, it changes from endo, it is clear that you have no idea what a bomb is, or its benefits and that is why they are giving you long, it is incredible.
Do not stop fighting, which is your health ...: Evil:

DiabetesForo
10/06/2010 11:11 a.m.

Hahaha, Velia, I already speak a couple of weeks ago with Medtronic, specifically with one Javier.And nothing, the poor man, I understand it, can do little .... Without a medical justification, or without my endey, so to speak, he cannot get to convince or anything, or question aCriteria/Medical decision. The only thing that can be done once they will prescribe it, because it is already telling my endo that I spoke with this Javier and that I am interested in such a Medtronic bomb, and he already there if he can do. But that untilThey do not put it at all. I know, it is that like everythingYou improve a lot .... They take you for silly and jump you that it does not believe that it is the panacea. I know it well, everything requires an effort, both bolis and bomb, but if with a bomb putting the same effort, I will getBetter Hemo, then go ahead ... that they are economic problemas of the hospital or health or whoever it is, well, that at least they put me in a waiting list ... but of course, as I am putting a superhuman effort and I am improvingSay to tell my hemo ... pse, what are they going to put me bomb?Is it very frustrating ... is it like swimming against the current .... I show me the needles to ... scare me?telling me that I have to be 24h with her stuck ... and?I also have been glued to this disease for 10 years, and thank you, nothing has happened to me .... everything is who and how I look at it, each one for its land.If one day I am not satisfied with her or I do not, I return it, I would not want it at all ... but well ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/06/2010 11:12 a.m.

Kekiya, being benevolent with your endocrine I will only laugh hahaha!I think he has not seen a bomb in his life, who says of the needle ???If what you carry "nailed" is a superpequeño and flexible tube, in any case what has taught you is the needle that guides the catheter but that you retire at the same time that you insert it, also with an inserted inserterThat is superfácil.Look my son he is four years old and he has a bomb, you would probably use the Cateter of 9, but if you saw how my son would hallucinate the little thing he is.
And you shower it, but do you not know that it is disconnected and you put on a cap that brings each catheter on purpose, and that is it also a very simple process?Oh!Girl ignore, ask us all the doubts and "curiosities" you have.
Can't you ask for a hospital or endocrine change?Where do you live?Surely someone from here can help you.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
10/06/2010 2:53 p.m.

If you doubt I do not have, I have informed myself and I have read everything about the bombs.The needle knows that it is not inside, that it is a guide, but it shows it to you by saying: You look what fat is, this hurts !!!!As if I am scared and change my mind ... and the shower ...I know how it goes .... hahahaha, but God, they paint it as if it were drugs what I was asking for !!!hahahaha, I laugh at not crying ....:-/

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/06/2010 4:04 p.m.

Good night Kekiya.
After a somewhat busy day, I feel a while to take a look at the forum and find you with a good anger.You carry more reason than a temple.And that's why all, and I also share your anger with your endo.I am not going to add much more.They have already told you almost everything.
What you should start considering is the possibility of requesting a "second opinion."Take a look at Law 14/1986, General of Health (articles 9 and 10).I seem to have read some reference to that you are from Madrid.If so, take another look at Law 12/2001, on the health management of the Community of Madrid (article 27.9).Resort to the patient's defender and tell him your case.Request the change of doctor.And ask you to answer all your consultations in writing.
It is evident that there are reasons why they do not put the bomb and not just doctors.(And tell the nurse that the fat needle is fine for the little ones, but that an aunt like you ...).The normal thing is that they do not have or do not want to spend peels on bombs.If you start looking for those reasons, it could be that you reach the Ministry, not to tell you above ...
If the thing can be "political" (which can be), go looking for some politician in health issues.Try to contact someone to "cue" in the system.From within it is easier.(Someday I will tell you the task that another company and I made a Lord Minister. But the company carries his bomb).
Whatever, but not stop, Kekiya.
It has been late.
A cordial greeting everyone.

DiabetesForo
10/06/2010 6:09 p.m.

Thank you very much.My next appointment is this month on 28 ... I will keep telling you to see that another excuse puts me this time, and that I will do in any case. A greeting, and thank you of a heart!;)

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/07/2010 6:47 a.m.

You will tell us what they tell you on 28.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/08/2010 3:36 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Kekiya, just adding to everything that my daughter debuted with 11 months of life, who has been the bomb since the 22 months, that if for her endocrine she had been she had taken her since the age of 15, that they did not decided to put thePump because it had a bad control simply because the endocrine is pro bomb and wanted the girl to benefit from her, that evidently the bomb is not the panacea that we all know it (it is one more treatment and you have to know the pros and against them), but that facilitates things a lot and gives a lot of quality of life to those who take it and by default to direct relatives.

Finally, if very young children adapt perfectly to the insertion of a catheter I do not see why an adult has not to make it.Anyway, what is a shame is that the patient is lied to, "milongas" are told that they are far from reality to persuade him and convince him that he does not request the continuous infusion pump, when really in a large percentage of casesThe only reason for not putting it is the "monetary", in short, a shame, a tease, total outrage on my part.

A hug

DiabetesForo
10/08/2010 3:59 a.m.

Well I just enter to tell you that the wipes perfectly resist water, the immaculate catheter, after much try in the bathrooms, one has not taken off, not even a ski, it is perfect, it is hard to take it off even with alcohol, we no longer put theOmnifix, we just find the wipe let it dry a little and put catheter.Great discovery Yes sir!

A hug to all

DiabetesForo
10/14/2010 4:03 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.