SED AUTANALISIS RECOMMENDATIONS

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/17/2010 1:52 p.m.

Spanish Society Diabetes has made public its consensus document on glycemic self -analysis.

As expected, a nonsense ... not a single nurse educator in diabetes, all stupids :?Some better could have been sleeping on the couch.

Here you can see it: Link

Bolus-Basal Therapy and Good Control: 3-4 DAY ANALYSIS+ A profile of 7 analysis 1 time
Basal Bolus Therapy and Bad Control: 4-7 Analysis a day
: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

That said, a nonsense.

Alea, do you know Teresa Tartón?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/17/2010 1:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Of course, Owash, Teresa Tartón is teté.You will tell me why you ask.

The thirst, to piss and not drop.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/17/2010 3:39 p.m.

LEÑE, it's true.
I rectify then, there is 1 educator in that work and is author because it indicates it as contact for correspondence.

DiabetesForo
09/17/2010 4:13 p.m.

Well, it's what there is.
I refrain from commenting "open", in case the flies.

Health

DiabetesForo
09/17/2010 7:46 p.m.

Oh!how much mystery ...
I have not understood the report very well, which means that with what is measured 3 or 4 times a day is enough?Only before breakfast, food and dinner?And you can't snack?Jo!What a more austere lifestyle ... and then fed up saying that diabetics can make "normal life."

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/18/2010 4:02 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaa,
Speaking of measurements, when I went to the stup-end, hahaha, the floor is funny, I stayed: shock: of the medicons that made me (6 in total), he told me that now that I am on a honeymoon, I made me 3or 4, more than anything for my fingers and that it began to make normal life, not to be so aware of the glucometer, the other day in a post read that a person on the forum mediates in the palms of the hand, I will ask the educatorFrom other places, at stup-endo, fear gives me, hahahaha
All the best

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 4:37 a.m.

My endocrine told me to stop measuring me two hours after meals because I was going well, but if I didn't look after meals I don't know how I will do to know how I react with new foods, etc.In addition, I do not know what it does with the quick insulin recipes but they never come out in the electronic recipe when I go to the pharmacy, I have three slow boxes and the last one that comes out is slow again, and the last fast box I had toGo to ask the educator because I ran out, and that the endocrine told me that I had put me for a year ... :?

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
09/18/2010 5:05 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaa,
I measure myself as soon as I get up, after eating and after dinner, it is not, I am not calm, especially when I go to sleep, to leave without knowing the value, ufff of the anguish gives me a hiccup, sure
I believe that the more values ​​the best control of diabetes, but hey, there will be time after being measured more often when the honeymoon ends
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 5:10 a.m.

For me, the important thing about this is to verify (once again:?) What are away from the reality that our endocrine are ... It is a feeling of being anchored in the past ... it is Martian that patients (of the verb suffer)Have to explain to the "experts" why self -analysis.

A type 1 with basal bolus, as very minimal are 4 daily measurements: breakfast, food, dinner and before sleeping.
But it is that if we have lunch or deck (5 recommended daily meals) how you put the insulin ... by eye according to them.
In 99% of the days you need to do 2 more postpondrial glycems as little more (physical exercise, diseases, bad sensations ...)

Those of the bombs will already explain what you do with 4 measurements a day.:-/

I no longer speak of children/adolescents ...

It is shown that less self -controlled glycosylated hemoglobin (up to 8 daily controls is significant, more of that figure there are no relevant changes) ... even surely some study in this regard is signed by one of those appear in the thirst document.

Anyway, I am very pissed off.

DiabetesForo
09/18/2010 5:34 a.m.

Owash, I don't measure me in the snack, I don't have to put insulin to snack, now I'm going well, we'll see later, I base on the post after the food
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 5:42 a.m.

Logical Anabeg, self -analysis and self -control has to be individualized ... In your case for the theme of the honeymoon, when you finish every time you eat you will have to put insulin.

DiabetesForo
09/18/2010 5:51 a.m.

Owash, what do you mean, that if 5 times, will I have to put insulin?: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 6:05 a.m.

If Anabeg, whenever you eat a hydrate ....

Well, I will continue to measure myself at least 6 times a day, I do so and I will continue to do it say what the "experts" say, there is no other way to get a good hemo. I cannot make decisions about what I can eat or about theInsulin that I have to put on if I don't know what glucose I have, I'm not fortune teller: shock: ......
I already did before having the bomb ... and the good thing is that my endo always supported me, he never told me to do less controls ......

DiabetesForo
09/18/2010 7:14 a.m.

Prado, is that that you touch a stup-end, hahahaha, my mother, if you see the face that put when seeing the notebook full of numbers, hahahaha, it almost eats me, thankfully it is a substitute, when I touch in JanuaryIn the end, I hope this is the usual
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
09/18/2010 8:15 a.m.

I can't believe what I am reading.I don't know much about thirst because to tell the truth, I knew about its existence ... 2 weeks?But it seems incredible to me.

<Blockquote Owash "" = "" Rel = ""

And so much that it is demonstrated.I am not very friendly with measurement, the truth (I have a hard time measuring those 3 times minimal a day because I have completely lost my habit ...) but even I am aware of the importance of doing it without anyone telling me.I have to put the batteries, and more if I'm going to put the bomb.The truth is that it seems incredible that your endocrines encourage you to lower the number of controls.Luckily, I have always had a team that stressed the importance of doing minimum 5, except now, that my new endo considers, as thirst, that with bolus + basal with 3 or 4 daily and a weekly full profile is sufficient.And yet, I know that it is not, because if everything in this disease were 2+2 it would be wonderful, but it is not the case ... I can measure myself 3 times a day and be perfect, that I will still know what the hell hasHalf a half, and it is not exactly unimportant ...

And the fact is that ... What else gives the type of treatment that is being followed?Isn't it important to control it well, regardless of whether it is played only with basal or basal+bolo?

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
09/21/2010 5:42 p.m.

I feel much calmer and safely when I can measure myself if I notice any strange feeling that makes me doubt how I will have glucose, or if I have to do some extraordinary physical effort or I face some new situation.Sometimes it happened to me that in between I have measured myself and because I was low I have had to take glucose to continue.I feel calmer and do better sport if I measure me before and after doing so.Before bed, I prefer to measure myself, also when I get up before breakfast, before lunch and dinner.The ideal is to be able to measure when necessary to act accordingly and thus have control of the disease.
The continuous glucose meter would help a lot not to have to be with so many punctures on the fingers and know if blood glucose is going down or up.I have read that in Cádiz, at the Puerta del Mar Hospital, the S.S.He installs it.I understand that it is expensive just like monthly maintenance;So are reactive strips, but by avoiding complications of diabetes in the long run the expense compensates because hospitalizations, operations, transplants therapies, etc. cause greater expense.

It is clear that if the same is always eaten and the same is done, the values ​​are controlled without the need to measure themselves so much, but that is not life.Living is to face new situations, assume risks, challenges.It is essential to feel in control and I think that the only way, by not working the pancreas, is to imitate it and for this you have to know the value of blood glucose and thus decide if you have to drink water, dance, eat, inject, etc.For me to measure yourself is to live more fully.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
09/22/2010 10:58 a.m.

This topic that looks so much fits me so much, I even write it in capital letters.

And I am not going to explain why I pooked on me and why that number of daily measurements is ridiculous, because you know as well as me that it is.And that you can't live looking only at meals.That our life is much more complex and full of moments that require a check, a dose adjustment, an unplanned exercise (or foreseen, no matter), and a thousand more things.Not to mention hypos, which always demand one or more measurements (to verify that it goes up).In the end.
So I would tell these thirst doctors ...

go to shit !!!!
Hopefully you have all diabetes tomorrow (of type I, the chunga) and then you manage with 4 daggers shit strips.

Cost savings should be made, yes.But I think this chapter is unnegotible, because it is not vice, but our health.

Skinny favor are doing us these endocrine, which curiously, should be the ones that best understand us because they know what diabetes is about and what it demands.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/22/2010 12:14 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

To me, what mosques me most, in addition to how outdated read according to what things according to what "ejpertos", is to imagine trying to convince any of these of the usefulness of a continuous meter ... but accept as normal to make me 5-6 daily controls, I don't see how they will accept a continuous meter (I prefer this to the bomb: D ... do not hit me much).

In any case, do not deceive you ... in serious studies on the cost of diabetes (made with scientific method and that include the hospital scope) the cost of reactive strips+needles is always the last concept in percentage of expense.
Of every 100 euros that are spent due to diabetes, between 5 and 10 are caused by reactive strips+needles.
By order of spending from highest to lowest:
- Hospital cost: revenue in hospitals
- Drugs (non -diabetes or oral antidiabetics) related to complications
- Oral insulins and antidiabetics
- Primary Care Consultations
- External consultations+dialisis
- Reactive strips+needles

I upload a study on diabetes related to health costs.

DiabetesForo
09/22/2010 12:30 p.m.

If there were a cheap continuous meter, all endos would advise it.And the total cost of treatments would decrease greatly.
Hopefully it will come soon :://

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/22/2010 3:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

… but accept as normal to get 5-6 daily controls, I do not see how they will accept a continuous meter (I prefer this to the bomb: D ... do not hit me much).

I am with you.I think the same.I've always thought like that.I am not very pro-pumps (except when necessary).Give me one of those continuous meters and I don't need bombs or anything like it.:)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/23/2010 12:06 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.