{'en': 'Different results when testing in 2 machines.', 'es': 'Resultados diferentes al hacer la prueba en 2 maquinas.'} Image

Different results when testing in 2 machines.

Quim's profile photo   10/01/2010 9:30 a.m.

Regina, how often do glycosylated laboratories do there?Here in Puerto Rico I have to wait every three months.Because the medical plan does not cover them.
Having two machines (of the same brand) helps me maintain a better average because I can compare readings daily if necessary.But an abnormal reading, which goes above, in a significant way, can induce me to inject insulin of more and cause a hypo.I say, that is my thinking, having 2 readings gives me more security.Another thing I forgot to comment, all the machines must be calibrated from time to time.And believe me you would be surprised to see that this calibration is necessary.
There is never others to have two opinions.In this case two readings.They no longer give me hypos for injecting insulin, but before that I had three and two of them were due to wrong readings.It doesn't happen to me anymore.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
02/16/2020 10:36 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Regarding what you comment that being 70-80 and you are already wrong, it is absolutely normal, your controls are good and your sensitivity TB.
There will be other times that you are 50 and do not notice it.
Stay with a single glucometer.

vanessa30's profile photo
vanessa30
02/17/2020 10:12 p.m.

vanessa30 said:
regarding what you comment that being 70-80 and you are already wrong, it is absolutely normal, your controls are good and your sensitivity tb.
There will be other times that you are 50 and do not notice it.
Stay with a single glucometer.

How many calibration tests do you make the glucometer?

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
03/08/2020 12:55 p.m.

My endocrine told me that until the HB that they do every three months is just an "indicator."For example, I have gone from 5.7 to 5.9 and she told me that for her it means that I remain under control and that there is no difference.

I have two meters to control the glucose when the sensor tells me something that does not fit me or I want to calibrate it from the same brand but one at work and another at home, and if I do not fit the first result of the control of finger change.There is usually some difference from +/- 15 between the two measurements

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/08/2020 1:11 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Fully normal to give different glycemias ... It has always been so, in a matter of feeling hiccup symptoms in 70 ... I can be 140 and have symptoms but because it is going to stop me and have 70 in 10 minutes .... And sometimes he is going down so slowly that you feel anything 🤷🏼‍♀️, the body is like that!

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/08/2020 7:55 p.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

I am a 70 -year -old person and I have a Onetouch Mini glucometer, two hours after dinner I check my glucose and I got 202, I was scared to check it again and gave me 154, again and gave me 130, (in different fingers veryhand) Another day in fasting left hand gave me 112, I immediately check myself on the right hand and gave me 154, this has worried me extremely, someone can explicate me, I already changed the pile to the apartment and it remains the same

Domingo Martinez Casas's profile photo
Domingo Martinez Casas
09/06/2020 1:50 a.m.

I just measured the sugar and the first time came 275 second time 191 and third time 120 fourth time 111 is something strange because this year I went to the doctor and did not detect prediabetes or diabetes

amerlyn19's profile photo
amerlyn19
11/03/2022 2:48 a.m.

Domingo Martinez Casas said:
I am a 70 -year -He gave 154, again and gave me 130, (in different fingers) another day on the left hand he gave me 112, immediately check myself on the right hand and gave me 154, this has worried me extremely, someone can explicate me,I already changed the pile to the apartment and it remains the same

I am a 70 -year -He gave 154, again and gave me 130, (in different fingers) another day on the left hand he gave me 112, immediately check myself on the right hand and gave me 154, this has worried me extremely, someone can explicate me,I already changed the pile to the apartment and it remains the same

I am a 70 -year -He gave 154, again and gave me 130, (in different fingers) another day on the left hand gave me 112, I immediately check myself on the right hand and gave me 154, this has worried me extremely, someone can expose me,I already changed the pile to the apartment and it remains the same

Get a laboratory test

amerlyn19's profile photo
amerlyn19
11/03/2022 2:49 a.m.

Some glucometers can deviate up to 15%, if you are more you can talk to the company that manufactures them, which usually send you another without problem.
In any case, the most reliable is analytics and glycosylated hemoglobin, which must be less than 7, which corresponds to an average glucose of 140. Better if it is lower.
Try to send you another glucometer or change it in the health center, because the one you have seems to deviate more than allowed.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/03/2022 3:22 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

20 mg/dl is a normal discrepancy between capillary glucose, which is due to the uncertainty of the method.My experience is that the entire issue of procedure errors has almost no effect.For example, tires of all current glucometers work by capillarity and the instrument itself detects when there is enough blood.

Different thing is the continuous sensors that measure in interstitial fluid, which is a delay with respect to capillary blood when blood glucose is varying.In addition, those used to control pumps are self -regulated and self -corrected, which I think can lead to major differences with the glucometer.

Cristóbal Cortés's profile photo
Cristóbal Cortés
11/06/2022 5:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.