{'en': 'Different results when testing in 2 machines.', 'es': 'Resultados diferentes al hacer la prueba en 2 maquinas.'} Image

Different results when testing in 2 machines.

Quim's profile photo   10/01/2010 9:30 a.m.

Hello colleagues :-)

Yesterday a very strange thing happened to me.

It turns out that my Social Security nurse has left me a new machine to do the glycemia and if I like to stay and give it my opinion.

When I get the time to do the test before dinner to know how much insulin I need the glucometer I set up 66.
My wife's face was amazing and mine of terror.- But how can this result be if with the anterior machine with values ​​of 75 I am already trembling and with palpitations - if I do not have any symptoms.

I immediately tested with the other old machine and I got 97. Still more expensive of surprise (this is normal that I have at night)

I repeated the test with the new machine left 89.

I repeated with the old one and came out 101 (similar to the previous result)

(Clearing table)

-1st test.- 2 Test
New Machine 66 89
Ancient Machine 97 101

What mess ... can I understand what the tests can vary 3 points but 30?Also now I am doing the test with the two machines to check and there are always about 30 points of differences.

Does this mean that with the one that marks me more, I am always low or that with which I am less always high?

Aaaaaaaaaahhh !!What a mess I carry is a burden.The truth is that until now my hemo is very good.But the most main doubt that arises is ...

Is it normal that with 79 - 80 I already have a little hippic symptoms?

Forgive for the mess that amount to you but the subject worries me.Thank you very much for taking care of the most newbates.

Hugs!

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/01/2010 9:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Go ahead that I am also a rookie.
So far I have only seen such disparities, (+30), between capillary and venous blood, not between glucometers.
I ask you, don't you think it is possible that you don't fill the new glucometer strip with enough drop of blood?(I say it in case they are another type of strips, with which you are not yet familiar).When this occurs, the little blood in the strip, the results that the glucometer gives, are usually infrastimated.Ah, I assume that, at the time, you calibrated it.
I say all this, especially, by the 1st result of the new glucometer, even more if you say you had no symptoms.

The 2nd result of the new, has with respect to the results of the old one a more credible margin of error.I don't see it crazy.From what they say, (this is not an exact science and nobody knows how to specify a lot in the subject with success), the glucometers can have a margin of error of 15% with respect to the marked value.I want to say with this, that if you measure yourself with one and give you 89, and then you measure again and you get 100, it cannot be deduced that it is an exaggerated difference.I reiterate, it looks like a credible margin.

The fact that you have hypo with 79-80 symptoms, you would have to see, if the symptoms the notes before or after knowing those values.Think that it can be autosugestion.I noticed at the beginning that I was always thirsty, then I measured myMy blood sugar level, (something I did not stop doing during the 24 hours that the day has, I didn't even sleep in conditions).As soon as I internalized the possible cause, it happened to me.

As a contribution I tell you, that Valeriana helped me a lot in this.

Keep measuring you with both of you, continues to observe, but you calm.Let's see, that a rare result cannot make you look good, automatically, you have to start finding bad.At no time can you let a machine tell you, how you should feel.It is an indicator, which, incidentally, may be right or badly calibrated.

They have told you to try it, and that is what you are doing.Talk again who gave you the glucometer and tell the experience.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 10:38 a.m.

Hello!It will come out better hemoglobin with the old machine, but you risk that you are not detecting hypoglycemia.For the symptoms you comment, those of the new machine seem more real.
To get out of doubt, when you have an analytical widen at the same time that they get blood.Then compare.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/01/2010 11:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

This topic is a classic.

All glucometers measure well, unless scandalous error ... You don't have to make such comparisons between glycemia because they do not lead anywhere.

The important thing about the glucometer is not the machine, but the strip.The conditions of conservation and use of reactive strips are those that determine significant differences in the same glucometer model.

In the Spanish market there are 5 trademarks: Abbott, Lifescan, Roche, Bayer and Menarini
Each has at least 2 different glucometers.
There are different ways of "reading" blood glucose by glucometers, not everyone measures exactly the same. For example, Roche and Abbott are based on glucose-dishydrogenase-pirrolquinolinone enzyme, while lifescan is based on oxidase glucose.
A news of not long ago:

Forget to make those comparisons, choose the glucometer that convenient you most and trust it 100%

DiabetesForo
10/01/2010 1:37 p.m.

But in that news he says that glucose reading can be altered by some molecules if those medications are taken.That is, in that case, the problem would be in the glucometer or in its way of "extracting" the measurement of glucose.

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/02/2010 4:56 a.m.

That's why I put the news, glucometers do not measure exactly the same ... That is why comparing it is not a good idea.

Let's say they measure apples and with that we all stay, but the reality is that some measured Golden apples, other apples reineta ... Other apples Golden delicius, other Golden Star apples, other red or yellow apples reineta ... etc.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2010 5:25 a.m.

Quim:
The glucometers have already clarified it for what I am reading.
As for whether it is normal for 80 to notice symptoms of hypoglycemia I can only tell you that this depends on the person and the values ​​that you are used to having.
"If you go by book" 80 it would not be hypoglycemia but if you have those symptoms then ..... have you commented with your educator?
I can be with 50 and find me fatal with tremors, sweat, the sleeping tongue ....... and have 25, like yesterday at noon, and be so campaign preparing the food.
As I tell you, I think it depends a lot on each person.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
10/02/2010 8:11 a.m.

Thank you very much for all your comments.
The truth is that at the moment I will measure myself with the machine that I already had since I am more accustomed and when I am with my educator I will tell.
I usually don't have the paranoia that I have down.When I suspect them hit at 95%.
Today just before eating and had a small descent.I measured in both for pure curiosity.In the usual machine it marked 73 and in the new 55. I think that the new machine is more accurate and in the end I will pass to it, although it is a little more feilla :-)
Hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/02/2010 11:36 a.m.

Noticing the symptoms of hypoglycemia when you are not yet on a "hypoglycemic" level "I think it is not so weird.It happens to me too.Today, for example, I noticed the symptoms slightly and it was 108 but after a while, when you notice them without any doubt, it was 50. I think it is because your blood glucose level is lowering at so much speed that you notice those symptoms.But it is a theory of mine, so it is not official either ... :)) Have you noticed if, when you say you notice the symptoms despite being 80 (more or less), the glucose level descends later?

Jorditel's profile photo
Jorditel
10/02/2010 1:11 p.m.

They have given me a Onetouch in the health center and I had a freestyle.
Yesterday I was wrong, almost feverish and when measuring myself with the Onetouch I left 56. Taking advantage of the fact that I was trying it also with the freestyle and I left 81. I repeated the operation in the two glucometers and both were faithful to themselves.
I was wrong and I was hicc up, but I am amazed at that disparity of results.

anif's profile photo
anif
02/01/2020 7:21 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

It is normal, glucometers have a margin of error.If you make three measurements and get 105, 133, and 119, what is the value to trust?

Well, because of that, it is more reliable to set free freestyle, because it continues for an algorithm and does not give you a "random" value.Free freestyle may tell you 126, and at 5 minutes, 123, while you have made the three previous measurements.And if you made a fourth measurement and get out 142, the random would increase.In that case of doubt, it is best to follow the most algorithmic that can be used, in our case, free freestyle (although it also has a margin of error, but depending on an "orderly" and understandable algorithm, without valuesrandom).

I hope this is useful for all of you.All the best

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/01/2020 11:54 p.m.

Well, I from Free (Abbott in general) I can only say that it always goes below, about 30 points on my reference meter Bayer Contour Next.I carry the patch and Miao with the XDrip app, with the calibration that is done by introducing the values ​​the contour naWith much difference (6.8 according to Free data, 7.1 Analytics) with the Abbott's lite also happened to me something similar, my acceptable hair glucose, when I did the blood test, it had become something not acceptable ...
My conclusion, from Abbot I did not trust

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/03/2020 10:16 p.m.

merchem said:
Well I from free (Abbott in general) I can only say that it always goes below, about 30 points on my reference meter Bayer Contour Next.I carry the patch and Miao with the XDrip app, with the calibration that is done by introducing the values ​​the contour naWith much difference (6.8 according to Free data, 7.1 Analytics) with the Abbott's lite also happened to me something similar, my acceptable hair glucose, when I did the blood test, it had become something not acceptable ...
My conclusion, from Abbot I do not fio

I don't think you can really say "always."Sometimes it will be super exact, other times its value will be above the capillary and sometimes, as you say, it will be below.And my answer to your comment is: And if you make two capillary measurements and find a difference ≥ 30, do you also say that your capillary meter is not reliable?

DavidAG2000's profile photo
DavidAG2000
02/04/2020 12:13 a.m.

merchem said:
Well I from free (Abbott in general) I can only say that it always goes below, about 30 points on my reference meter Bayer Contour Next.I carry the patch and Miao with the XDrip app, with the calibration that is done by introducing the values ​​the contour naWith much difference (6.8 according to Free data, 7.1 Analytics) with the Abbott's lite also happened to me something similar, my acceptable hair glucose, when I did the blood test, it had become something not acceptable ...

After several real statistics made, with a very wide sampling, I can affirm what you say that this meter is not the best or there near is true.

Bayer's Countour Next was the one who stayed first and with abysmal differences to the rest due to reliability, accuracy with blood in vein, equality in followed analytics.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/04/2020 8:23 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

davidag2000 said:
merchem said:
because I from free (abbott in general) can only say that it always goes below, about 30 points on my meterreference Bayer Contour Next.I carry the patch and Miao with the XDrip app, with the calibration that is done by introducing the values ​​the contour naWith much difference (6.8 according to Free data, 7.1 Analytics) with the Abbott's lite also happened to me something similar, my acceptable hair glucose, when I did the blood test, it had become something not acceptable ...

I don't think you can really say "always."Sometimes it will be super exact, other times its value will be above the capillary and sometimes, as you say, it will be below.And my answer to your comment is: And if you make two capillary measurements and find a difference ≥ 30, do you also say that your capillary meter is not reliable?

You are right, it is not always, that is in Normaglycemia (measured with another glucometer) between approximately 90 and 160, in values ​​below 80 the difference is 40, the graphs of free freestyle are hypoglycemia, from 150 of everything you canpass.
Eye, it's my experience, that's why I don't trust, but here we all know that every day is a world.

I base my blood analysis and the comparison of the results between my two glucometers.

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/04/2020 8:43 a.m.

My glyuometers are from Abbott the two and if I make two capillaries in a row they give variations of +/- 10.
With free there is everything.Seasons that go above, others below and others nail it to blood analysis.

Medicine is not the science of exact precision such as pure sciences or engineering;Trends and nominal data are analyzed rather in itself.So with very broad margins, a +/- 40 is not a problem unless it is in hypoglycemia.
I have learned to settle for the lines of trend and some values ​​approximate to reality, because the correct reality is blood analytics and there are still external factors such as the laboratory, the centrifugated machine, the interpretation of the optional, ....

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/04/2020 11:27 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I notice that I am low long before the symptoms are manifested, let's say we should distinguish between "downturn" and "be low."Ideally, I think, it would be to stay under picaning something (trying to be between 70/100 the most time. With respect to the "different results" you have to have a lot of care, 1st wash your hands well and dry them well, if the drop is contaminated will giveAnything, I have taken three different readings of three different fingers (up to 50 difference) that is a clear pollution,

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
02/09/2020 12:50 p.m.

quim said:
hello partners :-)

It turns out that my Social Security nurse has left me a new machine to do the glycemia and if I like to stay and give it my opinion.

When I get the time to do the test before dinner to know how much insulin I need the glucometer I set up 66.
My wife's face was amazing and mine of terror.- But how can this result be if with the anterior machine with values ​​of 75 I am already trembling and with palpitations - if I do not have any symptoms.

I immediately tested with the other old machine and I got 97. Still more expensive of surprise (this is normal that I have at night)

(Clearing table)

-1st test.- 2 Test
New Machine 66 89
Ancient Machine 97 101

What mess ... can I understand what the tests can vary 3 points but 30?Also now I am doing the test with the two machines to check and there are always about 30 points of differences.

Does this mean that with the one that marks me more, I am always low or that with which I am less always high?

Aaaaaaaaaahhh !!What a mess I carry is a burden.The truth is that until now my hemo is very good.But the most main doubt that arises is ...

Forgive for the mess that amount to you but the subject worries me.Thank you very much for taking care of the most newbates.

Hugs!

Hello quim,

My nutritionist once told me that to assess whether a glucometer is good or you should not measure your glycemia in each finger of one hand and if among all the values ​​there are less than 15 units of difference, the glucometer is good.Otherwise it is not very reliable.

There are glucometers that show somewhat lower and other higher values.You must take into account how you feel to assess whether what the glucometer shows you is reliable or not.

All the best!!!

Víctor Gómez's profile photo
Víctor Gómez
02/09/2020 3:21 p.m.

quim said:
hello partners :-)

(Clearing table)

-1st test.- 2 Test
New Machine 66 89
Ancient Machine 97 101

Hugs!

Greetings.

Some time ago I had commented on this.It is not the first time that happens.

My recommendation and so far it worked for me.

1. That both machines are of the same brand.
2. If you are not sure, and you feel strange, it has happened to me, and you think you have it low, and when you do the test it comes out normal, eat something, it is better that you go up to you to give you a downturn.
3. Use as a lower reading, if one marks 80 and the other 100 Let yourself be carried away by 80. Apply point two.

It has happened to me with readings so separated from each other that sometimes scares one.For example I had a 160 reading in the morning in a fast.😳 And knowing me, that's wrong, it can't be, when I verified it for the second time, 116.
If at that time I was injected with insulin, which I no longer use, I would have lowered the sugar below 60.

Now I always verify and make a double check.Sometimes I do up to 3 and 4 tests to rule out and reach a rather average reading +\- 10 difference.And it has worked for me.But ideally it is with two machines of the same brand you use the same strips.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
02/10/2020 1:25 p.m.

Stay with one, the one that best suits your symptoms.
When you do an analytical, do control and compare results.
And look to see if the average tells you the glycosilada well.
Stay with one, because with more it is crazy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/10/2020 6:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.