{'en': 'Diabetes is an additional problem to do sports (study)', 'es': 'La diabetes es un problema adicional para hacer deporte (estudio)'} Image

Diabetes is an additional problem to do sports (study)

fer's profile photo   09/16/2024 9:35 a.m.

Hello everyone!

Type 1 diabetes makes it significantly playing sports, and I have to say that I have lived it in the first person, not only you have to make additional preparations to be able to exercise, if not, that during the exercise you cannot stop thinking about how it will be affectingat glucose level ...

Will you be going down a lot?

Will I have to stop and take something with glucose?

A recent study has revealed that the fear of suffering a blood sugar downturn deteries many people with type 1 diabetes to exercise, despite the numerous benefits that it can contribute to our health.

According to the main researcher of the study, Catriona Farrell, Senior Clinical Professor of Diabetes at the University of Duende, it is necessary.

Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disorder that forces us to constantly control our blood sugar levels and take insulin daily.However, regular exercise can help us reach our glucose goals, improve our body composition and physical condition, and reduce the risk of heart attacks and stroke, which are higher in people with type 1 diabetes.

The study survey 463 people with type 1 diabetes and found that the fear of hypoglycemia is one of the main reasons why we avoid exercise.

But there is good news: understand how to adjust the insulin dose and carbohydrate intake before and after exercise can prevent these sugar dowers.In addition, talking about exercise with our health professionals can make us feel safer and more motivated to keep us active.

I hope this information is useful and I encourage you to discuss with your doctors how you can incorporate the exercise in your routine safely.

A for a healthier life!

A hug,

fer's profile photo
fer
09/16/2024 9:35 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I totally agree with the content of the article: I have lived it and I still live it in the first person.Only walking with moderation does it with some peace of mind.

All the best.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
09/16/2024 12:51 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

I was given a young man to do sports because I completely uncontrolled.Of course there were no sensors.

I also remember that in the gim/pool, I ended up with all the fingers punctured to make me so many controls and nausea of ​​so many drinks that I took for the descents.

And even, like that, I ended up moving or even fainting.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
09/16/2024 3:04 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

BUUUUUF ... that sounds very hard @sherpa41 I am taking up physical activity now, and I have already beenWith the sensor and the pump.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/16/2024 6:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have noticed a great improvement with the use of the sensor.Previously, I did not know glycogenesis and without being aware, I was overloaded with hydrates.I currently train 6 days a week (Cardio and Cobino 3 of them with weights) and glycemic control is very grateful.

This weekend I ran a half marathon and with the head, knowing how to manage it can be done, enjoy it and if you propose to make it a good time.

I encourage everyone to get to know each other, do evidence and mistakes and in the end you will get that confidence in yourself.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/17/2024 6:05 p.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

I am lucky, I do little sport and when I do my glucose it remains, it does not go down excessively, about 60. And when I stop, I get on 20 or 30.
It is as if not body level.In fact I have some hypo of 30 and I do not find out, I am normal, with energy and without tiredness.
These days I walk with the bike, what I like most is not to see the stable glucose or use less insulin, it is to see on the clock that I have spent 1000kcal .... hahaha .. see if I lose weight.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/17/2024 9:43 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Do not bother to argue with the doctor how to do sports, you will not draw any conclusion, the same until you prohibit it: S
Serafín Murillo is an expert in diabetes and sport and, in addition, has diabetes 1. I leave a link to a website where he deals with the subject.
Link
You can also find you on YouTube, Instragram ... It seems very useful to me the content that you publish

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
09/18/2024 9:47 a.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

Josemibi said:
I have noticed a great improvement with the use of the sensor.Previously, I did not know glycogenesis and without being aware, I was overloaded with hydrates.I currently train 6 days a week (Cardio and Cobino 3 of them with weights) and glycemic control is very grateful.

This weekend I ran a half marathon and with the head, knowing how to manage it can be done, enjoy it and if you propose to make it a good time.

I encourage everyone to get to know each other, to do tests and errors and in the end you will get that confidence in yourself.

Hello, what did you take in the marathon?before and after, out of curiosity

I wanted to run an average this year but the diabetes was put in the middle ... for the moment I only run on tape and with a juice next to it ..

And in line with this, how much is the minimum value that can be reached in hypoglycemia?I was very afraid to get off 70 but many times I don't know until I am in 50 ... for hurrying in the gym, but without becoming bad, although they didn't tell me why I couldn't get off 70,Only the same could lose knowledge.

Name's profile photo
Name
09/18/2024 4:16 p.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

@Name then depends on each person.
I can reach 39 and I'm fine, and other times I find Regu with 56.
Normoglycemia in people without diabetes goes from 60 to 110. To us, with being conservative, they tell us 70-130.
But each one is doing in one way.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/18/2024 7:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

After much try and much., I do aerobic, Step, body fight (what I like most), and weights, I once also yoga, I am varying.
When I can't go for work, inte.
I am going to walk or do something at home, a circuit.
I try to do the exercise more or less at the same time, of similar intensity and similar duration, sometimes I give me some posterior hyper when it is more anaerobic (no more than 150 or like this) but I wait half an hour because I know that I am doingGoing down later ... I get less fast at dinner (I usually do it in the afternoon).
If I ever make a very long walk, the way of Santiago or something, then I will consult but of Mto.Mi.Dia to the day it is so and I achieve a certain stability (obviously there are times that you do not know why and something strange happens butThey are the least)
Of course since I have the sensor, it is wonderful, before it was all more overwhelming.
And of course it happens to me as to Ruthbia, I can be 40 and so normal, if it were not for the sensor and checking, as if such a thing.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/18/2024 10:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

name said:
Josemibi said:

I encourage everyone to get to know each other, to do tests and errors and in the end you will get that confidence in yourself.

Hello, what did you take in the marathon?before and after, out of curiosity

I wanted to run an average this year but the diabetes was put in the middle ... for the moment I only run on tape and with a juice next to it ..

And in line with this, how much is the minimum value that can be reached in hypoglycemia?I was very afraid to get off 70 but many times I don't know until I am in 50 ... for hurrying in the gym, but without becoming bad, although they didn't tell me why I couldn't get off 70,Only the same could lose knowledge.

My recommendation is that little by little you test what is good for you and analyze what you need.

For example, if you run on the 30 'tape and need 10gr of HC, because when you run 60' you will need two 10gr shots.And so on.

In my particular case, being an almost anaerobic effort I have to inject insulin before competing since the liver generates me glucose by stress and effort.In training I always analyze whether it is going to be aerobic (without insulin and perhaps one of HC (in my case 10gr of HC every 30 ') or anaerobic where I need insulin.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/19/2024 5:06 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

ruthbia said:
@name it depends on each person.
Normoglycemia in people without diabetes goes from 60 to 110. To us, with being conservative, they tell us 70-130.

Ok, and it could be that being in 40 or 50, even if you not notice, it is bad for any organ or similar?I don't understand then why they scare so much to get out of 70 ..
Thank you

Name's profile photo
Name
09/19/2024 9:09 p.m.

DM1 mayo 2024 (31 años)
Toujeo 5uds

name said:
ruthbia said:
@name it depends on each person.

Ok, and it could be that being in 40 or 50, even if you not notice, it is bad for any organ or similar?I don't understand then why they scare so much to get out of 70 ..
Thanks

Yes, it is dangerous.I try not to go down from 70.

I strongly recommend that you follow Serafin Murillo.On Instagram you have a lot of information.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/20/2024 12:13 a.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

@Name with rapid ups and downs, the organs suffer a lot.As I read a long time, the walls and structures of the cells are damaged.
I already tell you that it depends on each person, the important thing is not to keep it in time.

I don't see videos, they get bored and all Instagrammers, Ticktockers, etc.The most experts in the world are believed.As much as they talk about your experience, each person and body do not have the pattern of another person.
For example, Serafin is a man (I imagine, although he no longer knows what one feels ...), he does not know the beastly resistance to the insulin that produces ovulation and menstruation, and how it affects the sport.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/20/2024 11:50 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@name with rapid ups and down, the organs suffer a lot.As I read a long time, the walls and structures of the cells are damaged.
I already tell you that it depends on each person, the important thing is not to keep it in time.

I don't see videos, they get bored and all Instagrammers, Ticktockers, etc.The most experts in the world are believed.As much as they talk about your experience, each person and body do not have the pattern of another person.
For example, Serafin is a man (I imagine, although he no longer knows what one feels ...), he does not know the beastly resistance to insulin that produces ovulation and menstruation, and how it affects sport.

I do not consider Serafin.He is a Doctor of Nutrition, a professor at the University of Barcelona and Diabetic.On Instagram he shares infographics and I consider that he is one of the people who gives the most in diabetes/sport issues.

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/20/2024 12:39 p.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

I just saw Serafín Murillo talking about exercise and diabetes.Explain the hyperglycemia that causes intense exercise for the discharge of glucose of the liver.And it is summarized that each one knows how to manage it.
It is not easy for athletes, but knowing well is what helps.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/21/2024 6:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
I just saw Serafín Murillo talking about exercise and diabetes.Explain the hyperglycemia that causes intense exercise for the discharge of glucose of the liver.And it is summarized that each one knows how to manage it.
It is not easy for athletes, but knowing well is what helps.

Elite diabetic athletes have their endocrine, nutritionists, coaches etc., apart from control and knowledge I imagine that exhaustive of how they respond to the type and duration of sport they do.We are not athletes by profession, but that it is another leg of our control, because although it is necessary and sometimes it costs you to adjust insulin, food so that it does not give you hiccups or hyper etc, I think it is easier for thetime and type of exercise as we see as well as the time to do it.It is not an excuse for not exercising.I notice that in periods in which I have done little or nothing (just walking normal), I have brutal insulin resistance, and I get more constant, my insulin sensitivity grows to beast.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/21/2024 11:32 p.m.

@Josemibi is a more instagramer, however eminence.
The important thing is diabetological education in the debut.I had 15 intensive days and then every 2 months visit the nurse.

The "technical" explanations to the endocrine, which is the doctor who knows.Nutritionists are not doctors.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/22/2024 1:06 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

ruthbia said:
@Josemibi is a more instagramer, however eminence it may be.
The important thing is diabetological education in the debut.I had 15 intensive days and then every 2 months visit the nurse.

The "technical" explanations to the endocrine, which is the doctor who knows.Nutritionists are not doctors.

Until the recent appearance of sensors, knowledge of hydrates/insulin management in sport was quite limited.

I simply try to contribute something that someone who starts in sport with diabetes can help you.

The next guide the truth that gave me a lot.

Link

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/22/2024 11:16 a.m.

Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

Josemibi said:
ruthbia said:
@Josemibi is a instagramer more, however eminence it may be.

Until the recent appearance of sensors, knowledge of hydrates/insulin management in sport was quite limited.

I simply try to contribute something that someone who starts in sport with diabetes can help you.

The next guide the truth that gave me a lot.

Link

I don't know if I go there, puts for teenagers and young adults.
With 52 years we enter young adults or not?, hahaha.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
09/22/2024 12:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.