I am new !!= D

Lury's profile photo   10/26/2010 3:46 p.m.

Hi!!
My name is Laura, I am 23 years old and in May I detected the diabetes thanks to an analytics that gave me to make me hehe.I had more than 1 year with problems that my doctor later realized that everything about the same ... diabetes.My treatment for now is Lantus at noon and also taken metformin, half a pill in each meal.
I have registered in this forum to meet people and exchange doubts, since I am still a rookie on this subject hehe.:)

Lury's profile photo
Lury
10/26/2010 3:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Laura

Welcome to the forum

Lantus+metformin?: Shock:

You are type 1, right?I suppose it for your age ... Metformin is of no use to type 1 (except for obesity issues).
With 23 years it is not usual to see people with type 2 diabetes ...
So unless you are lada (and the metformin would not serve you)
Your treatment is strange.

I am sorry to answer you skeptically, but your treatment leaves me overwhelmed.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/26/2010 4:22 p.m.

Hello :)
Well, tell you, I don't understand your treatment either.

jonar200's profile photo
jonar200
10/26/2010 5:20 p.m.

Hello, Lury, welcome.

Has that treatment been put by your GP?If so, ask for an appointment with an endocrine.You need to know what type of diabetes you have and that they put the proper treatment.
I am also surprised that, with 23 years they already treat you as type 2, when the frequent thing is to be type 1.

You tell us.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/26/2010 6:03 p.m.

Hi Lury !!!I have 24 and dco since May! Pro if it is a type 1 and I am alone with insulin !!Anything you need here we are !!!
Tell us about your tto and that !!

Bylma's profile photo
Bylma
10/26/2010 6:42 p.m.

Debut 2010,Tipo I.Apidra+Lantus. Glico 7,3% :(

Welcome Lury !!!
Let's see if you can clarify what guy you are.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2010 5:03 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Lury, Welcome!
I do not even understand much, but I had never heard that treatment, that the endocrine see you and that I put the proper treatment
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/27/2010 7:42 a.m.

Very good !!!Tell you that I am of type 1 ... I don't understand much about the subject either, but I know several people with diabetes and I haven't heard anything similar hehehe either.There are people who commented that metformin is for obese people, yes, but it also has other effects such as improving the sensitivity of the organism to blood glucose, I do not take those pills because it is fat, much less, weighed 72 kilos andright now weight 63 kilos, measuring 1.80 ... so ...
I put you a little on a situation ... according to my endocrine, I have insulin reserves in my pancreas, if I had not released the symptoms that I had, I could be calm until after 2 years goes?I would have given a diabetic coma like many others and then I would have learned what was happening.
What is true that when my doctor gave me the results of my analytical that was a disaster and I had nowhere to take it, he sent me the pills and then my endo -awareness decided to put the insulin.
That is my situation, I do not know if the diagnosis is correct or not, I am not a doctor, but my endocrine and my head doctor match ... so I do not know, I do not agree very much, I do not know if withThe pills alone and the diet the same could have stabilized it ... I am looking for another endocrine to contrast and have what happens.

Lury's profile photo
Lury
10/27/2010 9:18 a.m.

In spite of this I would look at another medical opinion because the truth had never heard anything similar.They are doctors and are the ones who know, but it would not be worth commenting with another professional and if it also agrees to stay calm.Welcome.

david29's profile photo
david29
10/27/2010 10:26 a.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Lury, as you say metformin is used to reduce insulinist ... You are in Normopese, even below what would correspond to you, so the discarded overweight pathway.
In type 1, it is only used to treat insulinators.

Insulin reserves are not going to be preserved by taking metformin:-/ The best tool is insulin
Metformin regulates the liver liberation of glucose ... does not act on insulin production, it does not squeeze the pancreas to produce more (something that sulfoniruleas do, such as prandin)

DiabetesForo
10/27/2010 1:50 p.m.

As I said, I am not a doctor, hehehe I have my endocrine but I am looking for an endocrine to contrast, since I am not very satisfied: P

Lury's profile photo
Lury
10/27/2010 5:25 p.m.

Of course, Lury is the best you can do.You tell us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/28/2010 5:20 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.