{'en': 'Stay at home alone?', 'es': '¿Quedarse sólo en casa?'} Image

Stay at home alone?

tica's profile photo   11/03/2010 12:30 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Next week I have to stay alone at home.When I lived with my parents many times, but my brothers and my parents called to control: P and one day I left home very soon and my brothers came home to see if I was fine.

Now I am going to stay alone at home and my parents have forgotten a little of what the diabetes entails and I don't feel like worrying, but I have been with strong hypoglycemia at night (in the range of 40) and although I alwaysI wake up a little stoked and the last time I told my boyfriend that I was dizzy but that nothing happened to sleep (without taking anything) and I had to force me to take a juice and I was 30 and beak ...

What would you do?

Do I tell my parents the fear I have or accept it and point?

Ayyy, every day this waits for me more ... Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Greetings,

tica's profile photo
tica
11/03/2010 12:30 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Holassss

Regardless of whether or not you live, you must solve the hypos ...

You will know your parents better, if you can take care of an hiccup or ...

I have only told my father that if he finds me without knowledge, I call the emergency room ... I already hold the rest ... but each one we are a world.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/03/2010 1:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Tica !!! ... as a mother I do not want to think about the day that my daughter has to become independent: oops :, but I recognize that it is something that one has to live and it will not always be accompanied ...As Owash tells you, the most important thing is to try to avoid nocturnal hypoglycemia and not just because you are or not.
You have a few days to try to modify the guidelines, rations, especially so you can feel calm ... and I would put the alarm clock at 2 or 3 to see how I am going.

Cheer up!!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/04/2010 5:50 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I always have a fruit juice on the bedside table and a glass of water to rinse later in addition to the meter and insulin;So I don't have to get up and there is less risk, although I don't have a night hypoglycemia.Now, after six years of diabetes when I have a hypoglycemia it is because I have confused and after clicking instead of eating I have entertained anything, although this has rarely happened to me and I usually notice quickly so much when it lowers me as when I get onIn excess the glucose level.If I get up I feel heat and headache and if I get nervousness, uneasiness and pain in my neck, this before it becomes pale, with sweats and without force as it once happened to me at the beginning or even now if I distract me.I am sure to have dextrose and juices throughout the house, pockets, bags and in the car.

maravisa's profile photo
maravisa
11/04/2010 1:30 p.m.

Hello!I would try to adjust a little less the levels of at night, in my view it is better to get up in 120-130 than to take a night hypoglycemia, although in case it is worth taking a juice or cookies to theside table.As for fear of staying only at night, I think that is a bit of trust, try to overcome and solve hypoglycemia for yourself even if you are accompanied and so when you are alone you will know that you can do with them.You can also tell someone to call you in the morning and if you take it well and if you start worrying.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/04/2010 5:48 p.m.

Hello!
I believe that you must control and remedy those nocturnal hypoglycemia, clicking less to dinner, or having dinner more ... as you prefer.
I think it is better that you are clear that diabetes will always be your responsibility and you will not always live with your parents worrying about you ... right?It is better that you are calm and confess that you can remedy yourself perfectly about hypoglycemia.
Or are you afraid because you ever lost knowledge?In that case, if you are not sure you can try to be a little higher than normal.But what has been said before, diabetes will always be your responsibility, not others.

All the best!!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/07/2010 8:11 a.m.

Hi Tica ... This is the week you were left alone?What option did you choose? ... surely you will do well ... if you feel like it.

A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/08/2010 5:56 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

From the beginning it is the fear I have, that I give me a hicc
I take the right of 2 yogurts with my Maria cookies, I already have 75 or 150 before bed, hahaha, so far it is going very well, and I get up with values ​​between 75 and 100
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/08/2010 9:32 p.m.

Hello!!
In the end I have been alone, well with my two dogs: P that make me "too much" company

When I wrote the message it was because I hit a good scare with the fact that I do not react to hypoglycemia, from a very young age I have been the one that I have solved the problem ... when I was about seven years old, I had the habit of calling my motherAt night if I was dizzy and one day my father made me the anger because it was already "older" and I had to solve it alone (my father's position can be questioned, ... but well it is what there is ...).

María2542006, I am very surprised by your answer, I have very clear that diabetes is mine and I am also clear that if one day something happens to me that will pay it I will be ... since I am 21 years old I do not live at the house of myParents, so I think I'm quite independent despite my diabetes.From the age of 9 I have left the summers, to camps of "children without diabetes", courses in the stranger, ... but I think we need "a little help" of help or attention or call it as you want, because we haveA disease that, in counted ocaasiones, can go out of hand and it will not be bad to have someone close (even if you do not ask for help) but you have the peace of mind that if you faint or fall asleep (For a ketosis, that if it happened to me) you will not be one day lying in your house alone.

I was going to tell my mother to call me in the middle tomorrow, but the poor person is admitted (nothing serious) and it was not a matter of worrying her anymore.Sunpongo that if I don't give signs of life in one day someone will worry if I'm fine: P

tica's profile photo
tica
11/10/2010 10:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Ah a doubt, you with what figures are you going to bed?
I try to have dinner three hours before I go to bed (sometimes at eight o'clock I am having dinner) and if before sleep I am more than 120 I correct myself to throw myself into bed with 80-90.And I usually get up, unless I give me hypoglycemia or not done the digestion, at the same figure.I say it, because I am surprised that with 150 you eat something before going to bed, is it because of the type of insulin you use?

tica's profile photo
tica
11/10/2010 10:39 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica, does the DEXCOM not have an alarm for when there are low figures?Wouldn't that alarm be enough to wake up if you go down too much?
If so, I think that should give you enough security.
And yes, you don't give me the impression of insecurity.Rather, I consider you quite independent and safe.
I don't know, you tell me the issue of alarms.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 11:48 a.m.

Alea, the Dexcom alarms I think they wake up halfway every time he starts to whistle.
The problem we have bought house, next year we are going to get married: D and each spare parts box costs an egg !!!I think about € 300 !!As soon as they spend these months I will not give up carrying the measure whenever I can.In addition, each box lasts more than two months ... so if you think good smoking it comes out more expensive: P (almost)
I don't know if hemoglobin would improve or not much (the endocrine told me that he only lowered about two decimas on average, that is why social security did not cover it) but it gives me a lot of security, it also forces to take the diabetes better, becauseSee a 200 and peak in the screw not cool !!Now I macho an analysis before/after meals and every time I remember.I do many more controls than before carrying the pot

tica's profile photo
tica
11/10/2010 3 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Without.Smoking comes out more expensive, sure :))

Health

DiabetesForo
11/10/2010 3:08 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Tica, I do not usually go high before bed, with 80-90 I take my two yogurts and 2 cookies, with those values ​​I am not going to sleep without doing right, and when I have between 100-150 that they are rarely,TB reindeer, not for anything, I am a rookie, the educator told me that with those figures I would not recover, but I am safer recourying, in case the flies
Greetingsssssssss,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/10/2010 6:04 p.m.

Tica, we use the meter in a non -continuous way .... We use it in periods of greater lack of control, or in stable periods for a season, 15 days or so and then we rest, with those 15 days we become a clear idea of ​​how to actor whether they are more or less stable periods.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2010 4:41 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I do have less than 150 always as something before going to bed.The ideal for me is to go with 180-220, and I wake up with 80-90.If I go to bed with 150, surely at 4 or 5 in the morning I wake up with hypoglycemia.Even sometimes I go to bed with 180 and I have 60 breakfast. I don't know why, because I put it before breakfast and almost never skew the apidra at dinner, only if as a pizza or something.

Tica, I didn't want to offend you with my answer, I was about that concern about staying alone at home, nothing more, I didn't mean you weren't independent!Diabetes does not take away independence at all ... I don't think we need help if we are controlled, simply that the people around us know how to put a glucagon ... but before reaching that extreme you have symptoms, just like in a ketoacidosis, and we can remedy ourselves.I live on a shared floor this year, I have not explained how the glucagon puts on my partner yet, we have not had time, but it does not worry me since we both studied nursing .... hehe :)

Greetings

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
11/14/2010 7:45 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I follow your forum that is of great help and encouragement sometimes, I am not diabetics but my mother who died last year was type 2 and my brother is the type1.
My brother is 40 years old and always lived with my parents, but as with my father they are missing, and with me as I live with my partner he does not want to come to live.
So he is looking for an apartment to live alone, since he was looking for a person who had his same or similar circumstances and did not find him.
And I am dying, because some night they have given him very strong hypoglycemia that hits his face, etc. and we have put glacamon and called to the ICU, and then he does not remember.
I am welcomed.

noelia2004's profile photo
noelia2004
11/24/2010 5:19 p.m.

Noelia, tell your brother to pass through the forum.It may be useful.

As for living alone, it will not be the first, nor the only one.What you should do is try to be well controlled to avoid those early morning hypoglycemia.My daughter has been avoided quite a lot since she has insulin bomb.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/25/2010 8:31 a.m.

You are not going to believe what happened last night because I still don't think so, I think one of the worst nightmares of my life.
My father is on vacation, and my brother stays alone at home I was a lost call when he got up, and we talked at night every day.
Yesterday we talked at ten o'clock, everything was fine, at two in the morning I call me that it runs that has a great low, I like the car designed if it calls me it does not go well, and when crossing the corner of the street I found two cars with two carsPolice, an ambulance and firefighters lowering the staircase of the window of my house we live in a fifth.I do not know that it happened to my head that everything was burned, that I would never see it or would be serious.
When I got up, I saw him together with the Samur and the Police. What happens to him is that he made lentils, while having dinner, I just had dinner and he only remembered to hear voices that wanted to enter and have called me.
The police have told me that the neighbor saw smoke coming out the window, and it seemed to see my brother on the floor shocking.That is why they called the firefighters and that there would be the door and came out, they broke the window.
I don't know anything else because the neighbors tell me that they did not call, when they arrive they were all in the landing, and I don't understand anything.
My brother is full of bruises, he does not know if it was to fall, when he was taken to bed, or he made them the same.

noelia2004's profile photo
noelia2004
04/12/2011 5:57 p.m.

Jolin, what experience ... Anyway, I hope your brother is better, and it has only been in a bad memory.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
04/13/2011 6:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.