New type I diabetic at 30

yjmccs's profile photo   12/27/2010 4:14 p.m.

Hello,

I was diagnosed with a casual way in the annual work review in which the glucose was altered.I was done by the relevant tests and it was confirmed that I am type I diabetic. The point is that I am in a very initial state and I started by clicking 3 UD.From Lantus 1 time, according to my endocrine something insignificant, but that helps delay the debut of diabetes with all of the law.At 6 months I had lost 8 kg.And the trend of my glycemia was more downward than upwards, I had many descents to 60 and very rarely up 115, with which the endocrine decided to get the diet a little and remove the insulin.He says I have reactive hypoglycemia.Has anyone found in the same case?

Greetings

yjmccs's profile photo
yjmccs
12/27/2010 4:14 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Yjmccs, I have debuted with 25 years a couple of months ago, I spent a weekly.
In July they made me a work analytics, which I have not received until recently, I was waiting for them, I planned to catch a monumental anger with the mutual, but the analytics gave me 86 of fasting glucose ...
I think that if it had happened to you, I would have had luck and perhaps I could have delayed the debut.I have read that small doses of insulin make the function of the pancreas more time.
But if you have drops, it will be that insulin affects you too much.The only thing I can tell you, is that you continue to control yourself from time to time, and that as soon as you notice something, go to the doctor.And advise you that you report a lot in case you become a diabetic, that it caught you prepared, I would have liked to know "what I know now" when I started, I would have saved all the uncertainty that I passed, because doctors are not that it is not thatThey inform you a lot.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/28/2010 2:59 a.m.

Welcome to the 30th club I also debut with 32, we are very youthful!
Cheer up!

DiabetesForo
12/28/2010 3:56 a.m.

Before, it was said that type 1 diabetes was youthful infant diabetes and type 2 diabetes was the diabetes of the major
Nowadays those concepts are overcome ... It is necessary for some matasanos to become aware: mrgreen: but there is not much left.

Yjmccs, welcome
It is relatively normal what you comment ... it is likely that they have taken the beginning of diabetes and the autoimmune process, with minimal doses of insulin, the pancreas lightens their work and produces insulin ... still, things change quickly, ifYou are type 1 it is likely that in a matter of months the insulin reserves (honeymoon we call it) are exhausted and have to put the insulin.
But in the meantime, he takes the opportunity to take care of you and not overexploit the pancreas

DiabetesForo
12/30/2010 2:13 p.m.

In my opinion the "honeymoon" is rather bitter as the hiel than sweet.In my case during that period, the endocrine began to reduce my insulin dose every time I was going to consult.I knew that healing is something very difficult but I always had the hope that I had touched me.Why not?What innocent!And when the honeymoon ended the moon of Hiel ... and the units began to climb and climb ...

Completely agree on the "youth" of the DM1.Today there are no ages for any disease.No one frees a quinceañero from a heart attack or a person of 50 of a DM1 ...

Greetings.

Ilipa's profile photo
Ilipa
12/30/2010 2:47 p.m.

What tells me out unfortunately, I have been with hypos for 1 year, and for the moment the only treatment I have is a sugar diet and 5 meals per day because my endocrine is not very clear in addition to that the last consultation I had inJuly and until February I don't have again, so imagine the desire that I have to tell me about once.

What I don't understand is how you can diagnose a diabetes with 86 sugar on an empty stomach ???They seem perfect levels, can you tell me how it was, please?

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 2:52 p.m.

He has not said that DM1 be diagnosed for that value of 86 mg/dl on an empThrough his work he gave an fasting 86 mg/dl (I mean in July he was also).

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 3:51 p.m.

Exact TNT, in July they detected anything and the work analysis did well, in October it was my debut.
I think that Yoisolda mixed my post with that of YJMCCS, which if they detected diabetes or the beginning of this in the analysis of the work.Yjmccs is the one on the honeymoon with many hypos, I have skipped that stage, (or it has lasted a week going ...)

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 4:50 p.m.

Yes, forgive boys, the posts were crossed ... although I still do not understand as for a few months to others almost suddenly, you can be diabetics, I believed that the values ​​were growing little by little.

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 11:27 a.m.

In type 2 diabetes the values ​​are growing slowly (that's why there are people with unrelated diabetes, the matter is slowly firing and do not feel pain or anything) but in type 1 diabetes once it begins within a period of amonth or month and a half you are entering the emergency door of a hospital.

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 11:47 a.m.

Remember that glycemia measurement is affected by approximately 26583 variables: D ...
So it is not uncommon to find strange values ​​in strange situations ... if we will know:-/

Not detecting a type 1 diabetes is complicated, although it can happen ... especially in the case of children it is very fast and very evident ... My perception is that as the most slow age is the autoimmune process, but I do not rely onNothing, well, only in my particular case: recapitulating, from the first symptoms to the diagnosis many months passed, almost 9 (a pregnancy :))).

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 1:37 p.m.

Based on this data, I would have to discard a future type1 diabetes in me since the first hypo was a year ago, and there have been no differences in levels since then ... and type 2 diabetes, difficult to weighing 50 kg and without family history... The truth is that the more information I have of diabetes, insulin, glucose etc., I understand what happens to me.

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 2:27 p.m.

It is what type 1 and type 2 are 2 completely different diseases ... especially in its diagnosis.

Not much reactive hypoglycemia with type 1 diabetes, obviously ...
Normally reactive hypoglycems take place 2-3 hours after an abundant meal of carbohydrates, there is an insulin overproduction that the body manages it at the wrong time.
You would have to look at the C and make a glucose curve ....

Yoisolda, if you have diabetes, it is likely to be type 2 ... even if you have no direct history or obesity, it is also possible to have type 2 diabetes or altered glucose mechanism.

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 3:09 p.m.

Hello:

I do not agree that with a type I debut a month and a half you are entering the door of a hospital.I debuted two months before meeting 31 for an analysis that I did before I started looking for my baby and I have not stepped on a hospital to be admitted by diabetes at any time.They caught me with 315 and a glyc of 8.2.In three months my glycemia were established and went down to a hem less than 7 with what they gave me permission for pregnancy and all with diet !!Without a puncture!They started dealing with mixed insulins to the third month of pregnancy and, after childbirth, they treated me only with metformin, little by little they put me lantus and pills to help my pancreas and my "honeymoon" has lasted 3 and a half years.After that time I already took my pills because my pancreas no longer responded to them, I returned to the mixed insulins and now, today, after five years of my debut (December 2005) I carry Lantus (27 0 0) andNovorapid (7 4 4).

They made me in April peptide analysis (0.6) and diabetes antibodies.It turns out that I have a very slow guy and that is why, in the first three years they could treat me as a type II, in fact they were believed at the beginning that it was of that type.So I think that diseases are affected differently and such generalized statements cannot be made.Each one has our guidelines, our insulins and our personalized treatments and we will be more or less sensitive to the reaction of our body against the HC.

nella's profile photo
nella
02/03/2011 11:17 a.m.

Maybe my post has misunderstood, I wanted to say it in him is that the debut of a type 1 is much faster than that of a type 2.

Thing in which in a way you give me the reason when in your post you say:

slow ?If your debut is the most common case, why do you emphasize the very slow ?Maybe it will turn out that your case is not so common and the subconscious has betrayed you ...

The first thing to do is read the post within the context of the entire thread and with respect to:

(...) cannot make such generalized statements (...)
>
You could read your own post first and apply the story.

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 11:37 a.m.

Now there is also other types of diabetes called Lada, it is a type 1 but of slow progression, the debut is not as scandalous as type 1. Nella may have this type of diabetes.
Here you have a link

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 12:31 p.m.

You could read your own post first and apply the story.

TNT, first of all, I have not wanted to offend anyone, I have simply exposed a summary of mi debut and how my "honeymoon" has gone, seeing that some people have also exposed their experiences.I have also debuted at 30 with a type I, I have felt identified in this post and I have told my experience without pretending that it was models for everyone else.
So, if I quoted you it is because it caught my attention that you would say that the month and a half we were entering through the door of a hospital, it seemed to me that you affirmed it very flatly and that's why it caught my attention.If you have bothered you to cite your phrase, very humbly I apologize.

On the other hand, if I say that my type I is very slow, it is because that is how my endocrine , not because the "coletilla" behind type I seems beautiful. But well, I can sayAlso that my honeymoon has lasted three and a half years and I still have pancreatic reserve according to the peptic test C. With this it does not mean that I feel more fortunate or less fortunate than the others, it is simply my case and point.

And thanks Prado, I know that guy and it may be that I have, I don't know, I'm not a doctor.I only say that, after the last analysis my endocrine told me that I had a very slow guy and I have specified it.

Greetings to all

nella's profile photo
nella
02/04/2011 3:21 a.m.

Hello welcome, I hope you feel comfortable among us when I debuted in 2003 I was stillI would continue with diet and exercise so I stopped clicking insulin and I was with a diet and controlling me, I was 3 months until I finalYou are delayed as much as possible that debut but go doing to the idea that if you are type 1 there is nothing to do with insulin so good luck

DiabetesForo
02/06/2011 4:52 a.m.

Hello, I'm glad to find you, I have had a debut with 39, and for what they have told me it is not very common at this age.Now it's time to change many habits, it's all very new, rations, punctures.This has been my beginning of the year.
Greetings :)

Triz's profile photo
Triz
02/20/2011 2:44 p.m.

Hi Triz, Welcome: D
Although it is not very common I also debuted with many years, 37 ......
Tell us what treatment you carry and what you want .... :)

DiabetesForo
02/20/2011 3:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.