Glucometer

Beauty's profile photo   01/17/2011 3:36 p.m.

Today I have been thinking about changing glucometer.I have the Abbott's Opium Xceed and I think it is from Pleistocene, although they gave it to me in Social Security recently.The fact is that I am comfortable with him, but maybe there are more modern, comfortable machines and with more interesting details.

In addition, I wanted to get a cable to pass the glucometer data to the PC, to prepare my graphics and do my controls of the controls to improve my figures.

What glucometer do you have you?Any recommendation?I would appreciate it, because tomorrow I have a visit to the endocrine and I could comment.

Thank you so much!

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/17/2011 3:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is the only glucometer that you can measure glycemia and ketones.
The absorption of blood through the strip is better than in lifescan or roche

In my view it is the most ergonomic and simple to take.

It has easy to read numbers and does not have great complications for management.

In everything else, it is very similar (software, programs, cable ...).

His only but not being able to be connected to a pump.

I use ultraeasy from lifescan ... however lazy to change, more than anything.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 4:08 p.m.

Ah, I didn't even know about the ketones ... And where do I get the cable for the PC?Because it gives me something to my doctor, if I still make the history of paper on paper.

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/17/2011 4:30 p.m.

I have this and the one you say Beauty.But I use this.
I guess it will depend on your health center that they give you a new machine.But you can tell the endocrine.

It is a bit big, (Breeze 2 from Bayer) but it seems very fast.The strips leave the album that is inside and I have used it without anyone noticing and even walking.That's why I like it.The strips leave inside and are very small strips.

dani's profile photo
dani
01/17/2011 4:47 p.m.

Dani, I don't know if it's the photo, but your glucometer looks like a spacecraft hehe I had a bayer years ago with that wheel mechanism you say, but I never used it.

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/17/2011 5:03 p.m.

hahahahaha the truth is something big, but as I tell you.As a tobacco box it is.But I don't have a cover where to put it.I put it in the hunter's bag and that's.No comparison in size with the one you have (which I also have as I say) but well I don't have to walk the strips and others.I don't know.The device that brings the machine to puncture is four fingers and quite small.

dani's profile photo
dani
01/17/2011 5:08 p.m.

The Option Xceed is a buén glucometer apart from being the few that serves in addition to looking at blood glucose to look at blood ketone bodies (if the corresponding strips are placed).

There is no possibility of having the glucometer that one wants, you have to use a glucometer that uses the strips that give in your health center unless you are you who buy the clear strips (if you want to pay everything on your own you canhave whatever you want ...).

If you want to get the cable and the software, what you have to do is call Abbott on the phone and crying a little can send you both free, another way to get it is to pay for it.

With respect to your endocrine doctor, nothing changes or do not have the cable that connects the glucometer to the PC apart that he may tell you about calling the manufacturer on the phone to see what they tell you.

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 5:42 p.m.

Beauty The first thing you have to do is inform yourself what reactive strips they provide in your health area and then decide which meter is doing better and ask the laboratory directly.
I used the ultrasmart of Lifescan and I was very happy, now I am with Bayer's contour link because the data passes to the bomb and I am delighted, it is tiny, very manageable .....

DiabetesForo
01/17/2011 5:53 p.m.

Beauty, we are from Oviedo and in the health center they give us the glucocard of Menarini, which is going very well because it does not need coding strip, it is very fast (5 seconds) and the blood sample is very small (0,6 microliters), that is also important because the puncture is very soft.
Ask in the Health Center if they have strips you like the most, because they usually have several.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/17/2011 6 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The Pleistocene Opium Xceed ????
My mother !!!
If you want, I upload a couple of photillos of the elevation that I have at my mother's house (for emergencies) that takes 30 seconds to give you a value ........
The only bad thing that I see to the optium is the bad absorption of blood that sometimes has but for the rest ... the best of all I have tried.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
01/18/2011 5:24 a.m.

I also touched the optium, and without option to choose from.

They gave it to me with the computer for the computer, the software lowers the page without problems.

And with a simple call they sent me a reserve meter to leave the car fixed (one day I already went on a trip without it).

At the moment, no problem with him, no weird behavior.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/18/2011 9:53 a.m.

Today I was in the endo and effectively told me to call Abbott hehe when they gave me this, they gave me a narrower and more elongated one, I don't remember which one, I think it was from the Johnson & AMP brand;Johnson, but I tried a few days and I wasn't comfortable.

I will tell you if I get something!

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/18/2011 3:32 p.m.

By the way, I have had a hem of 6.5

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/18/2011 3:55 p.m.

The absorption of blood through the strip is better than in lifescan or roche

Agree in everything you have said except in the aforementioned text.The absorption of the strips of the optium is between bad and lousy.It is by far the worse strip absorb (at least among the brands offered in Osakidetza, that is Bayer, Menarini, Abbott and Roche).

Even with that problem (which is not little), it is a good pot for the theme of ketones, which we sometimes need to know that value.Although of course, for that you have to have hand strips, and they do not usually give them to us in public health (I have had to buy them many times).

And addressing the author of the thread (Beauty), the Opium does have a cable like the others.Ask him in the Tel.ABBOTT customer service.What I don't know is whether they will give it to you or will charge you (something that is starting to happen).

I try all, and today I like Bayer's usb contour.It is very small, it does not need batteries and either soft installed on the PC.It feeds on connecting it to a computer and at the same time, it allows you to see the data without having to previously installed any software, so you can access the data on any computer.Their strips are very small, and absorb very well, with a very small sample.In addition, the device allows to illuminate the entrance mouth of the strip, ideal in dark areas.

As for the absorption of the sample in other devices, these strips of the USB contour (also usable in the Link model) are going well, but they also correctly absorb both those of Roche and Menarini's, but their devices are more failed and traditionally worsein hardware (in the case of Roche), in addition to outdated (in the case of Menarini).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/20/2011 6:37 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I agree with Gondrullo, the absorption of blood in the strips of the optium for my taste is very bad, I only use the strips of ketones but it needs a lot of blood and goes as very slow, I have had to throw more than one strip because it does not reach itWell the blood :(
And if I compare it with Bayer's contour link that is now used by Ufffff ..... These do absorb well and little blood need, infinitely better than those of the optium and even lifescan.

Today I am left with Bayer's contour link.

DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 7:11 a.m.

Well, I agree with Owash, the absorption of Abbott's strips is better than for example those of Lifescan (at least at the time when I tried a lifescan machine).

The perception of whether absorbs better or worse will depend on factors such as that (the time you tried the strips) PQ after many years with ABBOTT machines, what I can say that there have been times in which the absorption perhaps was notVery there (few seasons yes).

Leaving aside that theme of absorption (which is not so bad or with the strips of Abbott or those of Lifescan) people I think it confuses bad absorption of the drop of blood with the waiting times to see the result, theABBOTT machines support at least three types of strips (two types for blood glucose measurement: bluish wrapping = 5 seconds, golden wrapper = 3 seconds and a type for cetonemia measurement: pink wrapping) and I have seen it not only in this threadIf not in others it is that people I think it confuses bad absorption with waiting times even becoming the case of seeing people "complaining" PQ "takes 5 seconds" and that apparently is "a long time" ...

It was time to tell a battalite of veteran diabetics: I started in this in the mid -nineties, the machines that occurred at that time (at least those that passed through my hands) took 20 seconds and were not as precise as the machines now andDuring the countdown of those 20 seconds it was very easy for them to release a " er " on the screen, very prone to have er ores.But the thing does not end there ... I remember that in my debut during the "Cursillo" on diabets received while I was admitted we were put by videos (VHS) where the machines that came out in those videos took 60 seconds.
I do not know ... when people say that 5 seconds is "a long time" or similar to me that people complain about vice, we complain about vice.

But returning to the theme of the thread ... I think you have to separate at least two things:

• 1) Is it the best glucometer?that as a debate it is very beautiful and is very well and you can tell Battalls and Blablabla.

2) What glucéter will I use?that the matter is not that it is expensive is that it is very expensive (not because of the glucometer but for the consumables) and in the end why there are excellent glucometers what most people are going to use is the machine they canget the strips in the cheapest way (the strips that give in the health center or the site where they go for the material).Sometimes reading some it seems that money is left over ...

• DiabetesForo's profile photo
    DiabetesForo
    01/20/2011 7:31 a.m.

TNT, when I debut at the end of the 80s the machine took two minutes.And not only that, that at the minute the machine was whipped and had to clean the blood of the strip (it was a strip like urine, but with blood a huge drop was needed) so the strip had reacted with the blood and the machine whatTowards it was to measure the intensity of the color ... I still have for there it is a machine.For my communion, my aunt who is a doctor, brought me the first machine that already worked like those now, but it took 1 minutes

tica's profile photo
    tica
    01/20/2011 7:57 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
    DM1 desde 1988
    Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
    Bomba + Dexcom

I have found a photo on the Internet of my first glucometer: Link "style =" max-width: 300px;
    haha less bad that you don't need to wear a backpack to wear the apparatus
    I remember that my parents had to buy it because then the SS did not give it and cost them 25,000 pesetas in 1988. The strips if they subsidize them, but we had to go to the recipes will seal us

tica's profile photo
    tica
    01/20/2011 8:07 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
    DM1 desde 1988
    Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
    Bomba + Dexcom

No tnt, we do not confuse the time that the meter takes to give the result with the absorption of the strip: shock: .... we are talking about different things.
    My first meter at the end of Menarini took 30 seconds hehehe, now it seems to me an eternity .....
    I can only compare the optium with the strips of ketones and the difference with the contour is abysmal in terms of the need for blood and the absorption of it, I do not know how the glucose strips are now because I only used them and just outto the market the glucometer.

DiabetesForo
    01/20/2011 10:21 a.m.

Diosssss, Tica, that was also my first glucometer !!!!Hahahaha, but and how good k could lie in the figures ???If you put a little less blood, I got down, ummmmm, with 8 years I had and several years I had it, if I gave me any tribute :)) :))
    I, particularly, like Lifescan, I like the 100 strips in 4 boats: D and the Xceed only for Cetona.

DiabetesForo
    01/20/2011 10:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.