Glucometer

Beauty's profile photo   01/17/2011 3:36 p.m.

I explain myself regarding absorption ...

The strips of lifescan have a chordíiiiiiiisimo defect ... they start the countdown, as soon as absorbed a small sample of blood, sometimes it happens that there is little blood or not right to have their finger still (hypos), 5 seconds pass and do notIt has "filled" the strip and the little machine gives error ...
Of the memories I have of the debut, one of them is this .... the strips that discarded because the strip did not absorb enough blood: twisted :: x anger that took :))

But I remember badly, Abbott's glucometers do not start the analysis until the strip is not "full" with the sufficient amount of blood ...

That is why I say that Abbott's absorption is better, although perhaps I should have explained it better referring to the system, not the strip: idea:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 12:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I explain myself in terms of absorption ...

The strips of lifescan have a chordíiiiiiiisimo defect ... they start the countdown, as soon as absorbed a small sample of blood, sometimes it happens that there is little blood or not right to have their finger still (hypos), 5 seconds pass and do notIt has "filled" the strip and the little machine gives error ...

hahahaha, it's true !!!It happens to me when I punctuFill before the 5 seconds are completed, so that it does not give me error, that it gives me a lot of courage !!:)) :))

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/20/2011 12:53 p.m.

In my health center I see that only Abbott and Lifescan strips arrive and precisely for issues such as this one does not pillo a lifescan machine (apart from that with Abbott machines I can look at ketones in blood).

The absorption of Abbott's strips is much safer, many problems we have that the strips ration us as well as to lose strips for defects like this (nothing more "wet" the strip already begins without waiting for enough blood).

DiabetesForo
01/20/2011 1:46 p.m.

Hello everyone:

Certainly the absorption of Abbott strips is worse than that of other glucometers.However, there is a trick to facilitate absorption, it consists of sweeping the drop with the strip.Imagine that the drop is a stain and a spatula pulls it, move the spatula (strip) trying to remove the spot (blood).

He has also announced the launch of more precision strips:

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/20/2011 3:19 p.m.

tica , hallucinated you leave me with your glucometer from yesteryear, little else and need a briefcase: -oo

I started in 2000 with this and I remember that my first device took 20 seconds, some time that has been won, really.5 seconds do not make me lose my nerves XD

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/20/2011 6:16 p.m.

Hehe Tica, you had the reflolux 2. When I started in the first five years of the 80s we were still with the reflolux 1 that brought it to me from the USA.I remember my first camp that there were children who had not seen a speech of these in their lives and measured glucose by eye with the color of the strips comparing with the boat.When I saw the reflolux 2 I asked the kings because I was smaller and brought a prick that hurt less ... it has not rained since then ... :)

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
01/20/2011 6:42 p.m.

I also use the reflolux that brought it to me from nose where, big, heavy and slow ...... what times those ... hehe

david29's profile photo
david29
01/24/2011 7:41 p.m.

Lantús 0-22-0 Novorapid 3-7-0
Hemo 7

Today my gluco cable has reached me to connect with the PC:-D

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/28/2011 7:35 p.m.

To my TB I have been sent the cable but it does not work for me if it will be a computer issue, that if to say that a kind girl attended and even send me a reserve glucometer like this makes a pleasure

mariape's profile photo
mariape
01/29/2011 9:58 a.m.

mariape said:
to my TB I have sent my cable but it does not work for me if it will be a computer issue, that if to say that a girl of the friendliest attended me and she will even send me areserve glucometer thus gives pleasure

You do not say that glucometer you use, if it is Bayer the driver that comes with the cable is obsolete and gives connection errors you must download the last of the Diabetes Care ascence website.

Free1965's profile photo
Free1965
02/23/2016 8:28 p.m.

Hello!And what do you think of Acu-Check Aviva Expert by Roche?
It is that today I have gone to the endocrine and has given me this to do the corrections, it was that I was letting me a little on the bad way.Until now I used the Glucocard MX de Menarini
I still have a hemo of 6.3 !!!
Thank you!

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
02/24/2016 6:35 p.m.

30 años - DM1 - Debut Marzo 2014 - Lantus 7 - Novorapid 0 - 5 - 10

Today I have released the freestyle optium neo and making comparisons with the measurements of the old Opium Xceed and those that I do with the capillary glucometer of the free freestyle (use the same strips) the neo in all the tests gives me all the results very down,An average of 25-30 mg/dl, much more if I compare with the free sensor.I do not know if anyone uses this glucometer but it is leaving me enough doubts, so far everything has been in normal values, I have not yet tried low values ​​that is what most procupes ...

Someone who uses it and tells me how it goes ..?Because if I do not return to the Opium Xceed Viejo and cascarla ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/29/2016 8 p.m.

@Rociola that glucometer bolus calculator is the same as used with the insulin pump.Well programmed is a great tool for diabetes control since you care for bowling and corrections and remnant insulin, sport, disease etc., etc.But of course this needs an effort at the beginning to program all these things.

DiabetesForo
03/02/2016 11:50 p.m.

Thank you @Carlos71 In Theory, the nurse has been scheduled, but I think I have to return because the insulin of the night is not calculating it well.
On the other hand, it has put two types of exercise, if I swim, it takes away 10% - 45 min approx - and if I dance - 1 hour and a half - 20%, I was not correcting this before because when I exercise like something before, then now I have some mess, I don't know if you take away or if you click the same ...
In addition, this glucometer measures between 20/30 less than the one who used before.Perhaps this is what worries me the most, since it is not the same to be in 70 than to be in 90, the nurse tells me that I am fiery only but I do not know ... it is quite a difference.
What a roll I tell you!
All the best!

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
03/03/2016 12:02 a.m.

@Rociola, Menarini gave you problems ????I ask you why my daughter uses the Glucocard MX.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/12/2016 2:51 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I was given the bgstar in the social sec.They have them in pharmacies.
On the one hand they make me make basal and p.pandrial controls and on the other they guide me 3 strips a day !!!Damn cuts !!!!Good luck I have my nurse that when I am very hurried, I get some box without guiding.

boucles's profile photo
boucles
04/12/2016 2:55 p.m.

diagnostico final: sindrome metabolico.
HG: 5.8 OBJETIVO ALCANZADO Y SIN INSULINA !!!!!!!!!! ahora a intentar mantenerse en estos niveles !!!!!!

@Rociollinares because the truth is that I was delighted with him, but when they changed it to me and for taking advantage of some strips I made the controls with both of them.Error, I know .... Always measure yourself with only one .... but I am a header to measure myself with the two!
What I noticed is in low values ​​almost always marked the same thing, sometimes the new one put me 70 and that of Menarini 90 or 100 and do I do how or leave it or be?The worst was when you were somewhat high, with the new equal 150 and with that of Menarini 200 or 210 and did not know whether to correct or not.
I would recommend that you ask the nurse to leave you another to check and see if there is a solution of these of verification for Menarini.
One of Bayer left me and I saw that the QME was wrong was that of Menarini.
Anyway, at the end of the month I will ask for some analysis, it will not be that I am trusting the new device and it does not go as well as I think.
By the way, I have some strips packages without starting, if you are interested, send me a private and I send them to you that I am not going to use them and I planned to take them to the outpatient.

RocioLA's profile photo
RocioLA
04/12/2016 10:05 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.