{'en': 'How much can an orange upload?', 'es': '¿Cuanto puede subir una naranja?'} Image

How much can an orange upload?

VICTORGR's profile photo   01/23/2011 3 p.m.

Hello,

Here I continue with my doubts, I almost control the thing, but come on I have been freaked out this afternoon.

Today two hours after eating it, I had 140, that would be around 4:30Surprise I do it now before dinner and I have it at 376, is it possible for an orange to do that climb?

This morning I played a football game and I have been very controlled all day, will I have something to do? Jo, is that everything was superb and I have been fried when I have seen the result. What do you think?

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/23/2011 3 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Victorgr,
I spend something weird yesterday, at 6 in the morning I went to breakfast, I was curing, I put on 1 novorapid unit, and breakfast as almost always, coffee with 2 toasts and butter, and a tangerine, click on theThigh, at hour and a half I see 250, I gave myI put on, and I have it well, but yesterday I don't know what could happen, no idea, to see if someone tells us
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
01/23/2011 3:44 p.m.

Hello,

Oranges also give me hyper.An orange weighs more or less 150 gr and is equivalent to little more than a ration of CH, what happens is that it is fast absorption, come on, the little glycemia you do not see :)) and if you no longer had remainsof insulin ....In addition, the reaction depends on whether you take it with something else (for example, at the time of food) or a dry stick, as in your case.

If you were already 140, such an orange so alone, then, in my case a hyper would be normal.It also depends on whether or not you were exercised later or you were tranquis at home.

I see that the morning football game influence dinner control, but come on, there are people around here that controls those issues (glycemia and exercise), to see if they give us more information.

On the other hand, 140 I put insulin even for coffee with milk: D

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
01/23/2011 3:54 p.m.

Well, if a simple orange is murdered, go cloth, because we will change to apple to see how such, because they go up without waiting for me, of course you learn from failures.The exercise was this morning, which usually when I play football in the morning I have glymia very controlled during the day, that's why he caught me today because in that aspect I was calm.But at least it reassures me that the fault has been of the orange and not something else.I thank you for your opinions.And the ultrarapide thing is that I have only this week with Apidra and I still do not control it very well, and of course I see 140 that comparing it with the values ​​that I have had in the last months because I do not see it so high and I have not punctured withThe orange for that. But that you learn from mistakes.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/23/2011 4:15 p.m.

@Victorgr: An orange is approximately 10 g of HC per 100 g of orange and if the orange is more or less large, it can quietly weigh between 200 and 230 g (although then you have to remove the monda and the weight of the monda it does not count) You may eat quietly 20 g of HC (2 rations of HC) but the most important thing is that you ate that at a time that was working only a basal insulin (lantus or less light) and in general when you are going to eat something that has something that has something that hasMany carbohydrates will need ultra-opted insulin (Apidra or Novorapid or Humalog).

It could also be added to that (that you did not put something from Apidra to snack) something like you put the lantus at night, which makes in the afternoon what you have is the end of the lantus and that the lantus acts asHis (as for example that sometimes he does not last those 24 hours that he puts in the prospect and left you sold at 10 or 23 hours which made the last or the last two hours without insulin causing glucose levels inblood rise).

The first is solved by putting some ultra-opted insulin to snack.

@anabeg: You haven't said that glycemia you had on an empty stomach, you've only given the value after breakfast, you may simply get up.

The puncture area can influence something (belly and arms are fast areas, thighs and ass are slow areas) but I don't think so much.Anyway, I already tell you that for breakfast the best site is the belly, at breakfast with very few HC rations you hit you, do whatever you do.

A coffee (we do not know if it is with milk or without milk, with sugar or without sugar) + 2 toasted (we do not know the weight) + a tangerine seem too many HC for a single ultra-opted insulin unit (novorapid). Are you inThat initial period called "honeymoon" where does it still have its own insulin?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/23/2011 4:21 p.m.

Helloaaaaa,
TNT, has not been recentBreakfast did not look at me, it would be that I was tall and with a unit it is little, anyway 250 seems a lot to me.I am still on a honeymoon, that's why I don't get quickly at breakfast or snack
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
01/23/2011 4:33 p.m.

Anabeg because I don't know how long you have been "honeymoon" but maybe it's starting to finish and you need to start raising doses.

DiabetesForo
01/23/2011 5:15 p.m.

TNT, because it may need more insulin dose, because the honeymoon is over, which I don't know, if the honeymoon is finishing little by little, or suddenly
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
01/23/2011 5:45 p.m.

I am from the honeymoon still (and it goes for two years ...) and I still have no lantus, and with novorapid at each meal, 1ui for every two HC.

In 1HC lunch, and in the 2HC snack, I do not punctuate me, yes, I do not put fruit that is faster, lunch and melting slow hydrates: bread, roasted, cookies ...

Exercise lowers glucose during it, and even several hours later.For me it is something fundamental to control us well.And there is no need gym, or go for an hour, etc ... with a walk of one hour a day, we stay in shape and better control glucose, we are more sensitive to insulin, etc ... etc ... etc..

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/24/2011 3:54 a.m.

Victor:
Any fruit is rapid absorption and what goes up after eating it will depend on what weigh each piece you eat.
So be care also although instead of oranges eaters apples.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
01/24/2011 5 a.m.

Victor little to add to what they have told you, do not forget that with any hydrate you eat you have to always put insulin, always, unless you are going to burn it exercising .....
I have stuck at the refrigerator door a lifescan food composition table that is very good to consult, that together with the scale is my best ally .....;)
It is important that you become familiar with the diet for portions, it will help you a lot in the control.

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 5:05 a.m.

Thank you very much to everyone, really.The same was looking for a good table of the hydrates to guide me, go cloth, every day I learn more of you.I believed that the fruit was more harmless, what cloth.Man knew that the banana for example and the grapes have a lot of sugar but as in each news or on each page it tells you a different thing that in the end lies.And that of the orange because I did not expect it.Today I got up with 131, and that reassures me.I will not stop taking advice are the best.Millions of thanks.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/24/2011 6:06 a.m.

You should learn one of the diabetes axioms;Between hours, it goes up to the smell of cake.:)) :)) :)) :)) :))
And as a consequence of the above, you should also know this: it will never have the same response in your body (or in your blood glucose, rather) a food eaten between hours or within one of the meals of the day.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/24/2011 6:41 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Sorry for the "offtopic":
Gondrullo, how are you doing with the contour USB?

Damn oranges: !:: !:: !:!
Everything is summarized in what Gondurulo has commented, that and that each one is a world.

DiabetesForo
01/24/2011 12:41 p.m.

Anyway, an orange is half juice and should not climb more than 30 ... Would you have orange stained hands when you measured?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/24/2011 1:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello!On the fruit I say what my educator has told me, the smaller the better, and never on an empty stomach, I mean than to snack better milk or yogurt and if you can, a cookie.I only take the fruit before eating, when I am very low and I put the insulin after eating.Normalmete like frutita after eating and dinner.Good night.:)

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/24/2011 5:55 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Well, having orange in my hands I doubt it because it has been a couple of a couple of hours I always wash my hands before the tests.And about what Consu says, you have an educator.I do not have an educator too much I am controlling, the social security of Andalusia is that shabby, I give me 3 rods per day, to see who has eggs and forgive the word, to be able to control if I can only do 3 daily tests, it isThat is very strong.Well and thanks to the last endocrine that I went by Poruqe he put me 3 because my header doctor was only put in visa 1 per day, so imagine, on top of that I went the other day with the endocrine visa and put me a bad face.He told me that as I am going to click 3 times a day that I am going to put my finger like a strainer, how do you keep my face, when they tell you that?Do you believe that we like to give ourselves punctures in blesses because I do not see anything fun .... because that, between I have no educator, I can only afford to spend 3 rods a day ...Let's see how do you control?It is very strong, and I tell him that I am type 1 according to the endocrine and that he was treated as type 2 and puts a face that he does not believe me.And the apidra sent me protesting because it is very expensive.We are going very strong.Luckily I have you who are my educators, thank you very much.

VICTORGR's profile photo
VICTORGR
01/25/2011 5:20 a.m.

Forgiveness for the "offtopic":
Gondrullo, how are you doing with the contour USB?

Damn oranges: !:: !:: !:!
Everything is summarized in what Gondurulo commented, that and that each one is a world.

I think Lohe commented on another thread: I'm happy.It has advantages that I like;Without batteries, you don't need to install soft on the computer, you can read the data on any computer just by clicking the USB, it has an illuminated strip mouth, color screen, simple to use, excellent capillarity in the strips, tiny strips ... I don't know.I like it.I would recommend it, but of course, each looks for something concrete in their meter.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/25/2011 12:22 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

UPSS had not read you ... how did not know anyone who used it, I wanted to know the opinion of a user ...
The only thing that I did not like when they offered me was the amount of information you could put with it (that's why I left the Ultrasmart), the only thing I do is see blood glucose ...

DiabetesForo
01/25/2011 2:25 p.m.

Well, you are well in Andalusia.
As you have already told you, this is a world ... the purple onion raises me quite a lot (in fact, I already avoid it), and yet the Canarian banana (and good size and at its point) for breakfast barely me anyGo up.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
01/26/2011 2:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.