Lost dreams

josealmeri's profile photo   01/27/2011 5:28 p.m.

Well, that before the climb that officially made me diabetic, I prepared for the police and army, but still presents me since I strive, but the day arrived and I present everything and when I have to fill in the medical form ifI tell you the truth I have to lie to my mind, but I could not and put that it was of type 2, last there the time they took to read it, they only need to seal myself on the forehead the unable, the world came to me bythat when that seemed as if he had something contagious and almost threw me badly.

But well everything goes little by little.

josealmeri's profile photo
josealmeri
01/27/2011 5:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If they limit us for certain works ........... We should have recognized disability, even if it was minimal and without benefit.

At least we could park in the reserved places: Mrgreen:

But well, it is what there is ...... And that is what we have to live.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/28/2011 6:48 a.m.

Josealmeri, if it serves you as comfort, no one who measures less than 1.70 m can be a policeman, and that is even more absurd.
Nor can you be a pilot if you wear glasses.
You cannot be many things, not only because it is diabetic, but for many more things that are not even a disease.And we cannot think of a disability for all.

As for being a policeman, the first thing they do to you is the medical examination, so you could not happen anything else.

Anyway, you know that the intelligent is to take advantage of the circumstances.Look Julio Ivis, who went to footballer and an injury separated him from his vocation.Well, the lesioncita did not come well :))

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 7:50 a.m.

If I understand it, I have no choice but the police do not arrive, the first thing went to the army and there was where they threw me back, the medical recognition, the only thing for analysis was urine, sight and the physical state, inThe form is where they ask you, I know some who lied, I couldn't.
But what they said is how some treated me, as if I were going to hit something.

josealmeri
01/28/2011 8:01 a.m.

Hi Josealmeri, on the Internet I have put "private employment and diabetes" and the option I will be lucky, there they explain how this law is.At the end this says:
• Order 9/1997, of January 15, of the Ministry of Health and Social Services of the Community of Madrid that establishes the list of compulsory declaration diseases in the Community of Madrid (in the territory of each of the autonomous communities they mayDifferent in some more aspect, in no case diabetes is one of the mandatory declaration diseases).
As I understand the mandatory declaration diseases, they should usually be the contagious.In this forum there are people who know a lot, have if we leave doubts and talk about this issue.If we take care of ourselves and we have no complications, why are we going to say anything to anyone?, To discriminate and look at us with pity.When I told someone of trusted, they say! Oooo that pity that is bad! And I answered him, and you know!I am like a rose, and I carry it great!: Twisted: :)) Greetings

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/28/2011 2:10 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Sorry, Consu, but there are certain professions in which there is a list of "exclusive" diseases.In the case of bodies and security forces, diabetes is one of them, and not declaring it would be an automatic expulsion from the body and a nullity of the opposition.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 3:41 p.m.

You are right Alea, I have looked at Interner and I have found an article, but I do not put the www.And I have copied this:
Entities and doctors demand a review of the list of “exclusive” diseases to work on the FSE , you can put it and the article comes out, it is interesting.:-/
By the ALEA, in the forum rules, is it true that if you write in capital letters it is as if you shout?It's not a joke, they have told me and I don't know if it's true.Good night.

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/28/2011 4:11 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Yes, Consu, it's true.But more than a forum standard is a "norm" of the Internet.In both forums and chats or emails, writing complete words or phrases in capital letters is as if it were shouted :)

Health

DiabetesForo
01/28/2011 6:02 p.m.

In this other post: We talked a little about this topic

DiabetesForo
01/29/2011 6:38 a.m.

I find out about diabetes a few months before the tests, talking with people even asking my doctor told me to try that my type of diabetes is different, does not need insulin or others. And I did so, what the mostI fuck me was the treatment that he had for some undesirable, as if he didn't have enough to swallow the comments. A celiac girl more than the same, but I know that some have lied and entered. But well I just hope things change things and notSee diabetes as an emferme that does not allow you to do many things. We find closed doors because they do not let us or demonstrate what we can do. It is my opinion.

P.S.Right now I spend that forum link and thanks for the comments.

josealmeri
01/30/2011 12:03 p.m.

The link that Owah wrote is worth all.As always, I print it, and I have already read it twice.Personally I do not feel sick simply because when the sweetness I feel tremors, and this is removed after 5 minutes of having taken some sugar.And the people who have headaches, the pain can last hours, and when it hurts their headto "healthy" people.In disability, nothing at all, and as long as we take care of ourselves, I don't see this discrimination fair.Disability would be the consequences, not being well oriented on this dysfunction.We must fight for more information, and above all that there is optimism, this is the most important thing for any anomaly.! Joy Pal Body :))

Consu's profile photo
Consu
01/30/2011 12:32 p.m.

UF what the most debatible topic.I will see if I give a very short opinion so that you do not run to caps, and from the beginning I want to clarify something: what I say is not my firm posture, it is something that I have sometimes reflected throughout my life.And it is very debatible, and I say everything in a way with interrogations.

When I took the driving license last year I almost put the cry in the sky because they force me to renew it every 2 years but an alcoholic or a depressive one.It did not seem fair, and I read pages and pages of legislation in this regard.However, I had to recognize that I am not any person.Just as I can measure 1.90 and not enter through some doors, I can't drive without normal care.We should all drive more carefully, but it is clear (at least for me) than I as a diabetics I have some obligations than others.Ex: I have self -proven driving below 80.

The height in the police is probably a nonsense of the fat.But being a police officer and being immersed in risk processes, driving almost constantly or other variables that I do not know, they can make more care to be according to what diseases, exactly the same as an astronaut does not let him be if not if notIt has proper blood pressure.

I do not say that you cannot: I say that I understand that the cases are valued.I understand that you have to show that you are taking care of yourself.That you have to be more care that other people, because your work is not normal either.That for a pilot, having a poor view if you are subject to greater atmospheric pressure, it can be a problem.That a Daltonic, no matter how horrible, needs to distinguish military colored codes.This will not be said that they should be closed the position and the possibility, or that it should not be tried to use a system that does not limit anyone.I just want to say that it is mandatory to declare your illness, because it seems to me that it is part of our responsibility as citizens.I could also have lied when I made the driving license.After all, I am young, I have a pretty good control and I'm not crazy, right?Why would I have to submit a medical report that ensures all that?

I do not like limitations and I am a person who fights a lot against them.I find it unjust for someone who can do the job well, they cannot do it because they do not leave him, but I understand that we are subjected to more hard controls, that we are careful and that we have conditions, just like the pilots, or that the astronauts,or that doctors.I'm sorry in my soul because it happened to me: I became interested in medicine.A lot.I would have loved to study it (for things from the series the note in Madrid was an insurmountable crime hahaha ... I raised it too late) and having done it, I would have been a surgeon.I have it very clear in my mind: cardiovascular or traumatologist surgeon, or I would have specialized in pediatric surgery.

Would they have let me into an operating room?I can enter, I can take care of myself, I can have perfect control and measure the sugar every half hour, but when I raised it, it was confusing.If I really did, I could be holding a scalpel and falling round.Or have a bad day.What happens if I have a silly day of blood glucose and there is no one to control me?I cancel the operation?I reiterate that I do not say that I cannot.There is a Basque, I think it was, that it will be the first diabetic to go to the moon.And I love that story, and it seems incredible.And I will always fight because society opens the doors to the most qualified, but at the same time ... yes we have more severe obligations than others.And it seems like receipt.Now ... for that there is a lot of fight.And hopefully one day there are no barriers, but in the meantime ... we can't have a double speech eitherPro-out the limits and pro-mini-value.It's not about getting us out because they leave us out.It's about being so good that they can't tell us no.And be extremely consistent with our disease.Because I don't feel sick either, but I am a chronic sick.That has competed in athletics competitions when at first they had reluctance to get into the team ... I am a diabetic.And that does not mean anything beyond what it is.Just as I am mine, and Morena, and a woman.But we can't deny it.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
01/30/2011 3:55 p.m.

Run to cap?On the contrary: it can be said higher, but not clearer.

Health

DiabetesForo
01/31/2011 10:10 a.m.

Thank you very much Montrial, I do not think they give you cap or anything, you said nothing wrong and that is not true. You have much reason, but you have to continue giving them cane and that they see us as normal people. That for some things if we are andFor others not.

josealmeri
02/01/2011 3 a.m.

Montrial, I'm with you.I do not consider my diabetes as a major problem than wearing glasses.A little more complicated, but little more.

The disability said it, I did not consider disabled in any aspect for my diabetes.

As Freud said, healthy is someone capable of loving and working.And I am able to both normally.

I agree that there are professions that involve a risk and be careful in them, we, and any other person.

I was an amateur diver before debuting ..... and I'm still later.But in this Pandereta country, that is prohibited by a great law of 73 in which exclusive diseases are cited for the practice of diving (put in the same bag a professional diver and a recreational one).The international community has established patterns for recreational diving in diabetics, and world diabetics dive.Well, in Spain too, even outside the law: Mrgreen:

Undoubtedly, it is a danger situation, in a "hostile" environment towards the human being, and where a small problem can be a big problem ... That is why I take care of me, and I fulfill the relevant recommendations to be able to dive.I have no intention of giving up that activity, at least while my control allows me to do it without assuming more risks.

Hopefully over time they will change laws and norms that do not close so many doors.Meanwhile .... Let's look for those slits that leave all legislation, and live as well as possible.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/01/2011 4:07 a.m.

You have all reason you have to fight to change many things and I have a doubt

A police or a bonbero or someone from the armed forces, doctors etc. If they debut with diabts (because no one is safe from that) they throw them relegate them from their position?That is, if before entering they did not have diabetes and at the time they debut that they do, continue or cannot?
It's just a curiosity greeting everyone

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 8:34 a.m.

I know a case of a civil guard, he entered the body being healthThey throw

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 8:51 a.m.

No, they don't throw them out, because they are officials by opposition.
What they do, as TNT comments, is that they change them to a bureaucratic destination, where they have no risk if they suffer hypoglycemia.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/03/2011 10:57 a.m.

As the one who is lucky, they change it, then they can discharge them or send them to the reservation.

josealmeri
02/03/2011 12:51 p.m.

Hello good:
I have been reading the post and I found it very interesting for all the contributions.
I have only entered to make an subsection that I have read and it is not correct.
It is totally false that a pilot cannot wear glasses.Moreover, you can be operated from Laser view, with the rules of the O.A.C.I to date.A few years ago you could not, now they ask you to have spent at least one year since the date of the operation.You can have myopia, astigmatism, in short, yes, they ask you for some requisites with a corrected view is not less than x percent of visual acuity.There are several types of medical certificates according to the class of aircraft with different requirements between class I or Class II.Come on, even permissive with type II diabetes you can get class II, that is, private pilots.
They also turned off my dream that was to fly, the first thing I did when I got home (the next day) after hospital disc, and the truth is that it was one of the saddest days of my life.The sacrifice of time, money and effort I made to get my pilot's career, joy and personal pride drained in a few minutes.

I have the hope that my future child shares my passion and not my illness.

Greetings to the forum and good night

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
02/04/2011 6:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.