sugarsol or thermor resistant sweetener

patri21's profile photo   04/04/2011 6:44 p.m.

Wave people.I wanted to make a cake with sweetener but as you have to go to the oven you have to be thermor resistant, I have heard of several brands but I do not meet where to buy them.If you can tell me where I can acquire these thermor resistant sweeteners.thank you :?:

patri21's profile photo
patri21
04/04/2011 6:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

I use three:

sugarsol or bodylin.You can acquire it by sending them an email.You can find the information on your website: Link .I buy it in the Association of Diabètics de Catalunya at the Barcelona branch.I don't know if in the rest of the associations they also have.

And then I also use the tagatosa .You can acquire it by online order on the web Link .Although they nail a peak of shipping costs if you do not reach 50 euros.Also on this website have a lot of very rich things.

On the other hand, I also use sirope of agave .It does not produce hyperglycemia, but it has the inconvenience in which it must be taken into account in the carbohydrate count.The advantage that is the most natural of all.I normally buy it in the dietary store of the English Court, but there are in other places.

The three give good results in the cooking in the oven and are phenomenal for repopstice.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
05/01/2011 4:40 p.m.

The nurse told me that the agave syrup was not good for diabetics since sugar goes up .....

Elna87's profile photo
Elna87
06/29/2011 4:15 p.m.

To give you that answer it is better that I would not have told you anything.

An sweetener is a sugar substitute, something that sweetens but has fewer calories and/or less carbohydrates than sugar.
In general, all sweeteners have some calories and/or carbohydrates for few who are with which everyone has the ability to "rise sugar" (although of course it depends on the amounts that are ingested on the chosen sweetener, with some sweeteners there would bethan eating huge amounts to notice).

If you have type 1 diabetes, my advice is that you use normal and current sugar, calculate the insulin that you will need for the amount of common sugar that you are going to ingest and outside (the calculation will have to do the same if you do not use common sugarSince some carbohydrates will have the sweetener you choose, you will also have to calculate the carbohydrates by ration that you are going to ingest).
Also using common sugar, you forget problems such as: find the chosen sweetener (the common sugar is easy to find, the sweetener ... namely), the price of the sweetener (in general the sweetener will be more expensive than the common sugar than the common sugar), If the thermor resistant (the sugar is, the sweetener ... some are not others) or the taste of the sweetener (which will know slightly worse than sugar).

If you have type 2 diabetes, it is another song because the range of treatments for type 2 is quite wide and in most of those treatments for type 2 there is no quick insulin or immediate action and there if you are interested in using a sweetener (if you canof course) but being type 1 and having "gasoline" or immediate action I do not see business to complicate life with a sweetener.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/29/2011 4:50 p.m.

To me the nurse told me that the agave syrup was not good for diabetics since sugar goes up ...

I use the agave syrup.The difference with another sweetener, is that you have to count the carbohydrates it has, but it is not hyperglycemic like normal sugar.I have taken it on many occasions and I have not had any hyper.It is also great to take it with yogurt or kill or ricotta ... :)

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
06/30/2011 5:05 a.m.

I have already talked about sugarsol in other threads, but since you reflot this, because I say it again.I seem to me the best sweetener that I have tried so far, not only because of the taste they have, the texture similar to sugar, their possibility of baking, their low glycemic index ... Anyway, they seem like a good solution to meAs an alternative to sugar for whoever it is, who does not consume sugar and prefers to eat very little sweet, and when I do it, that it is a product of lower glycemic index than that made with sucrose/glucose (what do you want, I am from the old school, I was banned from sugar back in 1986 and since then, I continue in that policy :)) :))).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/30/2011 6:17 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

We from now on also sell the sugarsol, both in our physical store in Sabadell and online.

It was difficult for us to find this product (we have cases of diabetes in our family) and we think that since we have a kitchen utensil business we could contribute our part of aid facilitating others who are looking for a new distribution point.We also intend to do pastry courses for diabetics.

In case it can be helpful, this is the address:

Link
The physical store is in the center of Sabadell.

casarex's profile photo
casarex
05/06/2012 7:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.