It happened to him ...

Nana's profile photo   04/20/2011 9:03 a.m.

To some of you.

Today I confused the apidra with the Lantus and I have put 36 of Apidra :( I realized when I went to keep it and that I have them separated and even the apidra I have it in a plastic container, nothing I took away both to put the lantus toseven in the morning and zas!May the endo call me;I do not dare with them either to be monitoring, taking sugar and eating carbes.You have happened to you.: (((

Hugs to everyone.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/20/2011 9:03 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

The Apidra lasts between 3 and 4 hours (with such a high dose that is approaching more at 4 hours than at 3 hours).

Eat enough carbohydrates, calculate how many Apidra units you need for breakfast for ration of carbohydrates.
Example: If you have breakfast 5 rations of carbohydrates and normally injected 10 units of apidra at breakfast make a rule of three in plan:

5 Rations of HC ---------- 10 U.I.of Apidra
X Rations of HC ---------- 36 U.I.of Apidra

X = (36 * 5) / 10 = 18

In this example you would need to eat 18 HC rations for 36 U.I.of Apidra that you have put yourself.

If you are afraid to put the Lantus now wait a bit and put the lantus when they have spent about 3 hours (it is what I would).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/20/2011 9:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

TNT, you are one of my guardians.The endo sent me an email and he told me not to put me Lantus :?, check every hour and 36 grms of carbo every 1 hour, you have given me a more complete explanation, when I normalize I will send an email to see if I wear the lantus, I think the same as you who should not stopPut, should I put the 36 or less quantity?

Thank you, has that happened to you to confuse the insulins and grab what it is not?

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/20/2011 9:53 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

I would put the same dose of Lantus, although the peak of the Lantus will move the same as the delay in the puncture that you will have your basal insulin needs I do not think they will change ... and if you are going to delay theToday's puncture of the Lantus about 3 hours I would delay the normal schedule of the Lantus a bit (something like an hour) to avoid overwhelming more than the account, the second day I would return to normal schedule.

With this treatment (Lantus + Apidra) I have been (about 6 months) for a short time and it has not happened to confuse insulins but with previous treatments if it ever happened to me.

DiabetesForo
04/20/2011 10:02 a.m.

I'm going to wait 4 hours to put the lantus, I already have it in 83. Ufff!I still have scare.

Thank you again.;) :)

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/20/2011 11:15 a.m.

It is one of my ancestral fears ... to confuse insulin and put the dose of slow with the fast ... ufff ... and I always think ... if sometimes in the food I am wrong and I put two more and then and thenI have low ... what would happen if I get those doses?I think there would be not enough food in my kitchen.Apart from that liquids only use me, because solids rise to me very slowly.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/20/2011 11:22 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Gondurulo, that's why he panic.Before I put the apidra and if I didn't feel like eating the calculated, zas!Safe downturn, now I make the TNT recommendation, I put it after the food and solved matter.Today I have prepared orange juice with sugar and that is what I am taking, I cannot eat every hour;And what you say is true the solid rises slower.

Greetings.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/20/2011 11:53 a.m.

Hello companions.
Well, this happened to me 3 weeks after debuting and instead of a novorapid I put me 16 that I scare.And the worst part is that what I remembered most was a book they gave me and in a section I put - more frequent questions - and one of those questions was - what happens if one day I get confused and I put more than the account?- Well, no idea because I had not read the answer hahahaha

Well, I spent the second day at work and when I realized the rookie I was thinking that I would pass out at the moment.They took me running to the hospital since I was white from the scare.The solution they gave me was to eat a large snack like a bread bar and a cola coil with sugar, hey, rich hahahaha.Then I monitor me for 3 hours where he gave me a small downturn but unimportant because it was time to eat.Of the slow insulin that day I put on half.

I suppose that sooner or later it happens to us and things like these will happen to us, it is another adventurilla of diabetes.
Many hugs to everything.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
04/20/2011 12:46 p.m.

Quim, I have laughed with your writing.Blessed that you can eat so much bread of a sitting and with Coca-Cola :)) :)) And I think I was white in the scare.I already put half of the Lantus, the end of the same as you.Hopefully and that never happens to us.

Good luck to everyone.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/20/2011 5:04 p.m.

The thing to confuse me has not happened to me yet, nor do I think it happens because the lantus, which is white, always punctures it in the back, and the rapid one who is a novorapid, is blue and I always puncture it in the arms or belly.In addition, the mechanism of the Lantus (at least the optiset) is different from that of the novorapid and the soloostar, you do not have to turn to adjust the dose, but the dose is fixed from one day to another and you only have to throw, loadAnd click.For example I have it fixed in 18.

What happened to me once is that I click the fast twice, on top of a dinner (which is when more units skewed) and quite copious.In total I would have punctured about 22 units, but nothing, I was whiter than the scare than something else, I got to drink my liquid yogurt with preferred sugar and problem solved.: Mrgreen:

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
04/24/2011 4:40 p.m.

None really think that we will ever happen to confuse insulins until it happens ... (similar to what happens with car accidents, nobody thinks it will happen until it happens ...).

I don't know what presentation will use Nana de Lantus and Apidra (Solostar, Optiset, Opticlik) what I can say is that the solo presentation is very well different (Lantus solostar -& gt; almost white gray; Apidra Solostar -& GT;dark blue gray) but between the pen Lantus optiset and the apidra optiset pen I think both feathers have the same color (they are white) and physically they are the same, which makes this presentBut well ... how can other presentations (alone, opticlik) or other insulin combinations (Lantus+Novorapid, Lantus+Humalog) be used without problem.

The problem that I see to the Optiset presentation (although it has nothing to do with confusing insulins) is that the precision of these feathers is 2 units, you have to always move from 2 in 2 in a mandatory way, nothing happensBut they would have not cost them anything to have a unit's accuracy, patients very sensitive to insulin (for example children) I would appreciate it.

Link

DiabetesForo
04/24/2011 5:16 p.m.

Huyyy!What I had written disappeared.

Last week I went to the endo had the hemo in 6. The insulin that I use is in the Apidra botmy case that sometimes lift myself half asleep to prick 7: am;Now I have them separated in the refrigerator.

The insurance that I have covers the feathers only to children under 18, when I was last time they gave me an apidra pen in the endo office and they are super, starting that the click I do not feel it but they only gave me two packages of needles of needles ofFive, yesterday they gave me three packages, I have the pen reserved for when I go out for the comfort of its use.The syringes that give me are Chinese, although the needle is small it seems that they drill your skin and there are no made in use that are the ones that I like and the better quality.

Yesterday was the interview with the representative of the ACCU-Chek Spirit bomb, then I go to the pump forum to see if some of here use it.Now to wait for them to call me and check with the insurance again.I have a CD that gave me and I will see it today.

Carlos, how good you use the feathers!:)

I will continue reading the forum, as always my greetings and my welcome to the new ones.;)

Nana's profile photo
Nana
04/27/2011 10:41 a.m.

... In addition, the mechanism of the Lantus (at least the optiset) is different from that of the novorapid and the soloostar, you do not have to turn to adjust the dose, but the doseIt is fixed overnight and you just have to throw, load and prick.For example I have it fixed in 18 ...

ein ?????That of stopping the dose passed with the optiset?I no longer remember because I thought we all used the solostar.But is the optiset still sells ???I had it since it went on the market (in fact, I was a participant in one of the clinical trials that were made in Spain previously to its commercialization) and when the Solostar came out, I thought that the optiset disappeared precisely because of the problems it had to know ifYou had put the total dose.In fact, the great dissatisfaction of patients with that pen is what prompted healthy to launch the Solostar, with a more conventional mechanism and, therefore, with a sensation of greater control during insulin inoculation.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/28/2011 10:58 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Yes, the optiset is still sold, it is the one I use.It has a part of the cylinder that revolves in one direction and is always fixed where you have left it last (it is independent of the button with which you click).When you open the pen for the first time, you adjust the dose putting the number you want, you canstHe stays where you last it, unless you change it.

The Solostar is better because you can adjust the unit dose in unit (the optiset goes two by two).But with the optiset it is more difficult to make mistakes with the dose or confuse it with the rapid precisely because of the mechanism, and if you do not remember what you click or you are not sure, you go to the fridge and look at it.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
05/02/2011 3:45 a.m.

Hello everyone!It is my first time here, and I begin by saying that in my opinion the mistake of insulin is quite common.I have commented with diabetic friends and it has happened to all.The problem is not to realize and notice the effects too late.One of the most media diabetics happened recently and almost does not count it:
Link
I use Lantus and Apidra, but although they are well for color and I keep them in different bathrooms, the hurry has made me wrong a couple of times in my 6 years of diabetic.:(
What system do you use so as not to confuse pen?
Greetings

Cocomix's profile photo
Cocomix
03/14/2014 9:29 a.m.

Well, my daughter clicks the lantus with syringe and humalog with the ball.The syringe leaves her loaded last night and puts her in a glass on the nightstand to put on the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2014 2:25 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I am quite clueless and confuse me of insulin, but I do click twice and realize for the lowness of after ... but come on juice and bread and this one! :)

Llanos's profile photo
Llanos
03/14/2014 5:21 p.m.

You could have taken advantage and eat an entire hahaha cake.The truth is that this confusion has always given me panic.Since I have a quick bolis I am much calmer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/14/2014 7:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Regina said:
Well my daughter clicks the lantus with syringe and humalog with the ball.The syringe leaves her charged the night before and puts her in a glass on the night table to put on the morning.

Why still use syringe?Not to make mistakes ??

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/15/2014 8:17 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

Yes, and because more than the dose, sometimes adjusts average unit ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/15/2014 12:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.