{'en': '[Help] Hyperglycemia after session weights', 'es': '[AYUDA] Hiperglucemia tras sesión pesas'} Image

[Help] Hyperglycemia after session weights

draper's profile photo   05/31/2011 5:06 p.m.

fran_alcantara said:
good @meginer, doubts about food can be solved as a patient not as a professional since I am not a nutritionist.You talk to me about the exercise but at any time of the type of exercise, if you can dimin it to better understand your case.
I understand that if you put insulin and eat something, you get more insulin than you eat due to the intense exercise you are going to do.In this case it can be good if your type of exercise is short and intense, but for 2 hours I miss me.By the way, if you don't train, do you insulin in the snack?

In my case, I usually train strength in the gym or now in my house, and like all, together with other factors, it depends on the intensity, above all, the fact that glycemia rises more or less.Sometimes it even lowers me.Uploads usually give me every time I do hiit x eg.And at night you go down.I have been in diabetes for 18 years and if I show you my graphs, you would be surprised that I have 7.3 of hemoglobin.The important thing is the effect of the type of exercise that causes in you, and acting as it has.You never part of someone who has the magical recipe because it does not exist in our disease.

There is no recommendation.If it works for you, do it that way, but do not live with the fear of having a hyper in the case of not eating.In diabetes the key is the error trial.You are going to have peaks yes or if, at any time, so do not be afraid of a day to try, because already the fact that you have that fear, for example one day that you cannot eat/click what would you do?not train?You cannot live with that fear, but if you have proven that it is the best for you, it continues to do it.

Anything you tell me: Smiley:

I tell you:
I am a long -age type 1 diabetic, since I was a child, 37 years ago I am, I have gone through swine insulin with syringe, the beginning of human insulin, analogues, various feathers etc, until today.I use the free and since then I know myself much better.The type of exercise that I usually do is alternating Step, Aerobic, Body Combat and sometimes cardio routines.What goes up the most is the Body Combat and the Cardio and Force routines, I imagine that because it is more anaerobic.I do not usually do two hours, that is very occasionally, the usual thing is an hour a day and hemoglobins are usually between 6 and 7, the last 6.3.I have never done the control in the middle of the exercise to see how I go, now that we are at home you have given me an idea and I will spend the free to see it, I will try not to put insulin, but I have already done it and usually give me aLarge hyperglycemia rebound.It is true that if I walked and I put some insulin, I have to be very careful after dinner and get little insulin before dinner because I am still fair, about 70 or so before sleeping.But I get toujeo that it is very flat and I usually be very stable at night when I see the curve in the morning, more, there is many times there is a peak about 5 or 6 in the morning until 180 that then goes down.
You ask me that if I do not train if I put insulin in the snack, if I know that I am not going to train, I do not tend to snack, it is more, I would not call that snack, because what I take is a yogurt and little more.You also tell me that if one day I can't eat and prick if I can't go to train then, I usually at home before going to the gym, so I can always eat before.Anyway, a long time ago since they gave me those post -example, I will try today without putting anything in and measured in the end.It also depends on the exercise that you do clearly, I already tell you, Spinning, Body Combat etc, I get a lot, especially the first, in fact I stopped doing spinning for that.Thank you.
Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 12:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Anyway, do you create the doubt that if there is no active insulin in the body, how do you think that glycemia does not have to get me up?

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 12:52 p.m.

meginer said:
anyway you create the doubt that if there is no active insulin in the body, how do you think that the blood glucose does not have to climb me?

As you say if you have an active insulin, the toujeo, and the exercise by increasing the sensitivity to that insulin, the glucose in blood decreases you.I usually go to the gym and train strength between 60-75% of my RM and usually lower me (no hypos, but for example from 180a 100, from 250 to 180).But the day I put Hiit (in your case spining) I get up.That is why I tell you that there is no pattern, that we are very different and in your case when the period is a woman, and estrogen play a role that almost always takes into account.

Answering you to the other message, when I play football, the same is the same as you in Body Combat, I get a lot as I am a combined sport.But that does not make me stop practicing it, and of course I do not put insulin before since the hypo is safe.It is more prefer to be around 180-250 to make sure the entire game without a feeling of hypos.

I have never needed insulin in the snack because towards a lot of sport, until last year I started to put on some units if I did not train or even before training for the same as you.I do not wear it for not clicking on, but there are days I do.

It's okay to try, but when everything returns to normal, try when you do Spining/Body Combat.If you see that you are doing badly, I just want you to be afraid of not clicking you pre -exercise, show you that there are other solutions.But if in your case with a yogurt (good choice) and a unit is phenomenal, why change?(By the way, yogurt is when you train or when not?) And of course it gives you a wonderful vision, so pass it during but when I return to the Gym too, I have had it for 2 months and it is a joy.

Personal opinion: With your hemoglobins I would not touch anything, but I would try for not clicking so much.You have room to make mistakes with those HB1AC: wink:

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
04/12/2020 2 p.m.

By the way, since we are promoting me a little here with my training videos during the quarantine
Link

Fran_Alcantara
04/12/2020 2:04 p.m.

To see that you are not the only one, science has shown that hyper post -training hyper training decreases by putting prior insulin.
Link

Fran_Alcantara
04/12/2020 2:15 p.m.

It is that he told me in an endocrine, hehe, what I see is that the basal that I can have, is to have the stable glycemia but not to transport the glucose, the rapid insulin is the Q fundamentally does that and if there is no, withThe exercise occurs more glycogen that degrades in glucose because the muscle needs glucose, what passes?Muscle does not receive the glucose contribution that needs to be tired of the high sugar, all this that explained the endocrine, if the ex is little intense may not be needed, a somewhat short aerobic walk, but as a ruleThe normal thing is that the moderately intense eg gives you a bouncing effect of hyperglycemia.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 6:06 p.m.

Fran-Alcántara, in the end I am going to be right, hehe, I have made a 55-minute cardio session of moderate intensity, and to the most I have risen it has been 140, having started with 90. But of course, whatI do not know is if I start with 150, if I will put myself in 200. I have not put insulin or eaten.I will continue testing.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 8:42 p.m.

meginer said:
is that he told me in endocrine, hehe, what I see is that the basal that I can have, is to have the stable glycemies but not to transport glucose, insulinFast is the Q fundamentally does that and if there is no, with the exercise there is more glycogen that degrades in glucose PQ the muscle needs glucose, what happens ?, What is there no fast insulin that transport, blood glucose rises more and moreIn blood and there and also you notice fatigued because the muscle does not receive the contribution of glucose that needs to be tired of the high sugar, all this was what the endocrine explained to me, if the ex is little intense.It is not necessary, a somewhat short aerobic walk, but as a rule it is normal that the moderately intense eg gives you a bouncing effect of hyperglycemia.

Clear, if what you do is fine, the only thing that I miss was your fear of not clicking.I just wanted you to see that there are more strategies that make your glycemia vary so much during exercise.Maybe I express me badly at the beginning, but in our illness what works for you does not work to another and vice versa.

You are right in what you say, but in the moderate exercise it does not usually rise because the accumulation of glucose is not so abrupt, instead in the very intense if (it is very common to believe that as you have tired little the exercise has been moderate, andAt the end of you are 250 because your body has interpreted that it has been intense).

And what the doctor told you is right, but it refers to the effect of the exercise.In an unreasonable person.When you usually train, a walk does not affect you, and a moderate session can become a little intense exercise, and therefore your glycemia fluctuates different from when you started, it is called the principle of adaptation.

And I'm glad you were doing well !!But do not trust yourself either, since as you have said the exercise is moderate.I who when he returns to the gym (Spining, Bodycombat etc) would begin by doing the usual, and when he spent a time then he would try, without fear and knowing before hand that he can give you so much a tardy hyper or hip.Greetings and don't stop moving!

Fran_Alcantara
04/13/2020 10:55 a.m.

Hello, forgive that I get in the subject, I am a pregnant woman with gestational diabetes, but I intuit that it was prediabetic before.My diabetes level surely has nothing to do with yours, but I have obsessed a lot with this issue, with diabetes and exercise at my clear, soft moderate level.
It turns out that after each important food breakfast, food and dinner I put a little in the elliptics or I walk around the house, to keep my glucose values ​​in the limits imposed during pregnancy and so I have controlled them.But for the basal before meals I fail to have them at bay, less than 90. Normally, prior to food there is no problem, I even have too low between 70-80 although it is sitting with a computer, but before theDinner is impossible, after meals I stay as a little swollen, heavy and I have observed that after the 1h of the food and having done some exercise I stay between 100-115, but it no longer comes down again !!!At the time of the snack it is the same and before dinner between 95-100.I have tried to move in the afternoon between 7-8 in the afternoon, but it is as if I did nothing.Not always wading the same, it depends on the swollen that feels me and if I am hungry or not, but I always get the same to dinner !!!I do not understand why glycemia does not lower me if I exercise x the afternoon and after meals if it goes down, it is a mystery to me.I hope you help understand this if possible.Thank you

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/13/2020 11:22 p.m.

@Malenuka

If you get basal / slow insulin, it may not get to you in the afternoon / dinner.The q I put for example (Abasaglar) only lasts about 20 hours or so.I put it at 9 p.m.That means that in the afternoon it has very little effect, in addition to that I put very little slow insulin.

Anyway, I will not have told you your endocrine and since you are pregnant your reference values ​​may be more demanding, but those glycemia that accounts, even those in the afternoon in which you are anchored in 110-115 are very enviable!!!

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/14/2020 6:25 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Good Malenuka !!
As I always say, each one is different and this disease is super individual.Even so, there are studies that compare exercise in the afternoon and in the morning, having more pronounced effects in the morning.
In my case it happens to me as to you, from the 6 almost daily the glycemia rises, I directly do not usually snack almost any day, so imagine.
On the other hand, blood glucose does not depend only on exercise, do not rely on this variable, but if you can carry another person inside.By the way, I understand that your glycemia before dinner is between 95-120, it is perfect.Glycemia usually vary in non-diabetic subjects between 70-130 ... so I think you have nothing to worry about.If not, comment on it, because it is hard for me to understand your concern.

Fran_Alcantara
04/14/2020 6:33 p.m.

Thanks Frank for answering.My concern is due to the glucose levels that I have to fulfill for being pregnant.The controls by the endocrine are very strict, if you spend a little times of the objectives they put you directly insulin, the objectives are before the meals below 90 (some admit with a bad face to 95) and after 1hof food under 140. I try to control the values ​​for insulin, because if I have been insulin in my hospital in childmine if) and apart from the fact that carrying insulin seems to me that it needs greater control of what you eat so that they do not give you hypoglycemia.That is why my obsession with glucose levels tried to find explanation or remedy to be within the objectives.To this we must add that the glucometer is not accurate I can prick twice in a row and give me 98 that 86, that for me that is suitable or not.

Malenuka's profile photo
Malenuka
04/15/2020 9:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.