{'en': '[Help] Hyperglycemia after session weights', 'es': '[AYUDA] Hiperglucemia tras sesión pesas'} Image

[Help] Hyperglycemia after session weights

draper's profile photo   05/31/2011 5:06 p.m.

Good night partners,

Well, I will take about two weeks or so, that after my bodybuilding session at 8pm and after having worked from 16 to 19 I have 330mg/dl and I don't understand why.

Logically I will tell the endo that I have an appointment on June twelve.

But today for example, at two hours of eating I had 132mg, I ate a simple turkey sandwich and went to train, now I measure me and 313mg.

Can anyone tell me something?

All the best!

draper's profile photo
draper
05/31/2011 5:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Anaerobic exercise usually triggers glucose. On all if you make series with few repetitions

chema's profile photo
chema
05/31/2011 5:30 p.m.

But this has not happened to me before, and I have not stopped doing weights, in addition to the summer, not low from 11 reps and I make superseries, that is to say a greater volume of training.

draper's profile photo
draper
05/31/2011 5:40 p.m.

I spent that with the weights before.
Now I make a FullBody "Light" routine to tone and then between 45-60 min.de aerobic exercise (elliptics and static bike) and I do very well.

chema's profile photo
chema
05/31/2011 6:05 p.m.

As the summer is approaching, and I want to have more free time, I will make a 3 -day routine somewhat softer, and the cardio in the pool, I suppose that the blood glucose will come down.
We will see in October again
Thanks Chema

draper's profile photo
draper
06/01/2011 11:13 a.m.

Certainly, weights is one of the exercises that usually cause these highs, as happens in other types of activities, such as spinning (in this case because of its anaerobic character).

I have no advice to solve this problem, because it is difficult to solve.But I know there are ways to do weights, and some of them have better glycemic consequences.But of course, maybe you don't want to do them in this way.For example, if you do weights as an aerobic exercise, you will consume glucose and you will not have rebounds.I mean, try to do the exercises moderately continued, with controlled effort, maintaining pulsations in aerobic zone at all times.That "cheats" to the body and causes controlled glucose consumption, which does not happen with intense weights, where there are moments of explosion of strength, very very sudden elevations of the momentary ta, segregation of hormones, and therefore, and therefore,glycemic uncontrol.Although the weights produce a rapid increase in basal metabolism that raises glucose consumption and therefore allows eating more or putting less insulin (although not in all cases).

I personally am nothing in favor of weights intensely, not so much becauseIn a diabetic already they do not have the same consistency and resistance.And of course, they are absolutely discouraged if the person already has some eye damage (retinopathy) or renal, because in both cases the possibilities of spills are high.

However, I believe that the combination weights (soft) with aerobic is positive, because while the aerobic produces the multiple benefits that we have already said many times, the weights complement those benefits with a slight increase in basal metabolism, consuming more fat, agreater need for glycogen contribution in later hours, and therefore, greater insulin sensitivity.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
06/02/2011 5:05 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thank you very much for your response Gondrullo, I have true that when I debut quickly I realized that my type of weightpower was going to change if or if, being limited with carbohydrate intake, and so it was, I went from regret 86kgTo 74kg that I am now, yes, the physical form that I have now I have not had in my life !!!
I no longer train with loads, but if quite intense, and another problem is that I have taken some panic to aerobics because I don't want to lose more weight ...
However, if I see that blood glucose is still altered, I will modify my training of course.
Greetings

draper's profile photo
draper
06/02/2011 6:56 a.m.

Hello good

I know that the post is about another topic and at the risk of spaming some I would like to make a consultation Sergio (read that you control the subject).

I have recently left a bad drink with the theme of diabetes, I entered with a weight of 59 kg (measure 1.72) and with a very demacred body condition, I was really very squalid.

The fact is that since I went out of high I have been winning a couple of kg (5 ~ 6 kg) and took a routine to run, make flexions, abdominals, etc. which I am fulfilling daily and greatly desire: D (nowIf I have energy for everything).I have the very little developed muscles, especially legs and arms, and I am thinking of buying a play of dumbbells (1st I will ask for my endo's opinion) to develop arm and pectorals.
Question -& GT;
How are you a 10 kg dumbbell (4 albums, 2 large 2 small) € 11.95?To start well or should another game choose with more weight option, 14kg (6 albums, 2 large, 2 medium, 2 small) € 40?This kit brings 2 dumbbells.

Thanks in advance :)

Host's profile photo
Host
06/09/2011 9:35 a.m.

What I can tell you is that your own glucagon saved your life several times.To do such an intense exercise you are specifying something else before going to the gym.It has already happened to me several times that I am going to exercise with one hundred and some glycemia and I return with more than 200. What happens is that you make hypoglycemia and your own body releases the glucagon that degrades the reserve glucogen in the liver and putsavailable to blood the glucose it has stored.It is like a rebound that your body makes for defense.After this, a glucagon injection to get you out of hypoglycemia would not have any effect since your glucagon reserves have been spent (have a Coca Cola at hand).It is highly recommended that you calculate how many calories burn in the gym to be able to ingest a similar amount before exercising.
Luck.

nicoinme's profile photo
nicoinme
06/27/2011 10:22 p.m.

Boys, Stop Pls, don't complicate yourself so much!I have been doing weights all my life (and with weight I mean so much strength training, hypertrophy and resistance) and personally I have no problem controlling the posterior rise.
It is simple, as Nicoinme indicates training with external loads causes a very high demand for glycogen to skeletal muscle, therefore, it is also normal for the same training to generate glycogen liberation and creation processes (a system similar to the one that happens during hypoglycemia).Personally I train heavy and I have no problem, that yes, always an impeccable technique with the recommended material, and a lot of head when planning too.In my case, what works for me best is to eat light and click shortThe 3 hours that will go down a lot.That is why one thing that I usually do is to leave in two rations that touches me later, instead of very heavy dinner I make two meals with about 3h separation to keep glucose more stable.

In the end, the ideal is to combine as everything, a good joint strength training with a good cardiovascular work and flexibility is the key.

By the way, for host I would say that to start, better to sign up for a gym where a good professional can help you acquire a good technique, which is the first and most important, but then the injuries and weights come are horrible you already understand me!

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
04/28/2017 11:23 p.m.

Question, a year ago, it was leaving with weights after having abandoned them, and I noticed when I started that I did not feel pain in the body, at that time I had the blood sugar in that time, due to changes of VI ds a and in the city I left the exercise again, I wentTo the doctor and had the terrible sugar, I debuted, with insulin, and I started the exercise again, this time I noticed the common pains when you start, I speak that it must be the production of lactic acid, or something like that, this effect is good or bad, thank you.

cesarion69's profile photo
cesarion69
04/03/2020 8:13 a.m.

@Cesarion69

Hello when you use a muscle that you have not exercised for a long time is normal a day or two to have muscle pains.They are for muscle microfiber breaks.They are not important.

If muscle pain is strong, it is best to exercise that muscle gently the next time and gradually return to the routine.After more regular sessions, muscle aches will disappear.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
04/03/2020 5:45 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

They gave me some bestial hyperglycemia a long time ago, with spinning, and the body figh on everything and is PQ have enough anaerobic, in addition I usually exercise in the afternoon around 7 when there is no longer quick insulin in the organism.I did not spend so much cdo towards Aerobic or Step but I also climbed me.I talked to the endocrine and told me that half an hour before exercise I put one or two units of fast insulin and eat something, even if it was a yogurt and a cookie, little thing, and thus doing exercise, that insulin was putting glucosePq If not, having a long time from beautiful lunch, at that time there is no insulin and when doing eg, and more if it is anaerobic, the stress of the exercise does that it goes up, glucose is needed for the muscle and there is no insulin thatTransportation.From which I do that, it doesn't happen to me, yes, then you have to be careful because the delayed effect of the ex can do you after dinner, I usually remove the units that I get.I already tell you that it does not happen to me, neither with an aerobic or anaerobic.I hope my experience helps you.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/07/2020 12:25 a.m.

I also do anaerobic sports and always when insulin has already lost its effect !!The opposite can be dangerous

What I do is gradually liquid isostar to replenish carbohydrates.With the sensor I am graduating.

The sport / movement although anaerobic multiplies the action of insulin

They recommended me a lot at the hospital to do sports only at 3 hours after insulin and they told me a lot about the risks of doing sports with still active insulin.

In fact I have proven it and the most serious hypoglycemia that I have had have been precisely because of that, exercise after putting insulin.

jldiazdel
04/09/2020 6:52 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Jldiazdel, exercise without any insulin, makes you a bouncing effect of hyperglycemia, that is proven, only then you lower you.I have gone to 90 and if not and I put one or two units, when I return I have become up to 350, a barbarity, and that is why, that is why,

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/10/2020 11:07 p.m.

It is clear that we are very different!

I have only been checked but the opposite.The movement enhances insulin.That is why I exercise without active insulin, that is, at about three hours.When I exercise, glycemia lowers me and I have to take every half an hour about 2-4 gr ch, depending on the exercise that does.Luckily I have the Dexcom t sensor I see the glycemia on the clock or warn my alarms.

All the best

jldiazdel
04/11/2020 2:01 p.m.

HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

My experience making weights has been different many times, at first my blood glucose rose a lot and tried to prick me a little more insulin when eating before doing the routine .. Right now my levels do not go up so much and I don't have to put that little bit of more..In the fitness it is important to always know .. we will know more how our glucose acts at that time because I already tell you that according to the body .. what you consume of food .. the exercises you do .. the intensity of the training .. control.. Control!!There is the advantage 😜😅

Jota88's profile photo
Jota88
04/12/2020 9:09 a.m.

As a diabetic and graduated in Sports Sciences, tell you that you are all right.The exercise affects each person different (but being diabetic).

The problem of exercise.Anaerobic is mainly intensity, as I said.More intensity, more glucagon than your liver releases to `` Be in danger. ''If you do that exercise.With insulin active your body consumes glucose much faster since it increases insulin sensitivity, it can give you a feeling of hypo and the loose liver much more glucose than you should, and gives you a greater rebound;And there is also the late hypo, which at 4-5h gives you a brutal descent.Even so, if you work, do it but always carefully.

In spite of this, your glycemia can vary due to the duration, intensity, frequency of training (the effect of anaerobic exercise is extended to 72h.), Type of movements (a squat is not the same as a biceps curl)), the timeof the day, insulin that you have, physical state etc.If it happened to you only 1 time I would not worry a lot, if it happens every time you train you have to modify the variables.

Greetings and I hope you have helped

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
04/12/2020 11:19 a.m.

Thanks for the answer, Fran, since we are, I will take advantage of a little of you, hehe, I tell you my case.I can't exercise in the morning, I do it in the afternoon around 7, never before because I work until 5 many days.If, for example, at a half past 2 or three, obviously at 7 there is no longer active insulin.When I exercise hair (without snackThen at dinner put less because of the delayed effect of the exercise, it is true what you say, if I joined two training sessions followed by about two hours, or the exercise was a bit more intense, I still climbed me more.I understood that, which is generated a lot of glucagon according to the intensity of the exercise and the glucose rises a lot.If I put a unit or two, no more, and as something, of course, I have proven that if I have gone with 80 I return with 120 or 130. It is more normal and okay.Then it is true that if I am going to have dinner and I will take 6 HC rations for example, because I only put 3 units to avoid a descent.
I am a little scary not to wear anything and go without more fasting and without insulin, do you do it? Do not give you ups?
What is the best recommendation then?
Thank you
Elena

meginer's profile photo
meginer
04/12/2020 11:57 a.m.

Good @meginer, I can solve doubts about food as a professional since I am not a nutritionist.You talk to me about the exercise but at any time of the type of exercise, if you can dimin it to better understand your case.
I understand that if you put insulin and eat something, you get more insulin than you eat due to the intense exercise you are going to do.In this case it can be good if your type of exercise is short and intense, but for 2 hours I miss me.By the way, if you don't train, do you insulin in the snack?

In my case, I usually train strength in the gym or now in my house, and like all, together with other factors, it depends on the intensity, above all, the fact that glycemia rises more or less.Sometimes it even lowers me.Uploads usually give me every time I do hiit x eg.And at night you go down.I have been in diabetes for 18 years and if I show you my graphs, you would be surprised that I have 7.3 of hemoglobin.The important thing is the effect of the type of exercise that causes in you, and acting as it has.You never part of someone who has the magical recipe because it does not exist in our disease.

There is no recommendation.If it works for you, do it that way, but do not live with the fear of having a hyper in the case of not eating.In diabetes the key is the error trial.You are going to have peaks yes or if, at any time, so do not be afraid of a day to try, because already the fact that you have that fear, for example one day that you cannot eat/click what would you do?not train?You cannot live with that fear, but if you have proven that it is the best for you, it continues to do it.

Anything you tell me: Smiley:

Fran_Alcantara's profile photo
Fran_Alcantara
04/12/2020 12:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.