Hello everyone, I'm already one more with diabetes.

JAVI TOPILLO's profile photo   06/21/2011 8:24 a.m.

Hello everyone, I present myself, my name is Javier and today, seeing my analytics, the one that I do every year for these dates, my head doctor has diagnosed me diabetes, does not know if type1 or 2 since in the analyticsIt was not asked to analyze 1C hemoglobin.The fact is that I have 356 of basal glycemia.Derived to endocrinology for the month of August as "preferential" I have to wait overwhelmed to see with hardly any information of all this and looking at pages and pages.At the moment they have prescribed metformin and crest and a nose diet.In fine ... that I am here now waiting on August 1 to tell me something, they send me new analysis to see how I go etc.As is August because I imagine how the service will be.I have thought about contrasting the analysis by paying me and including 1C hemoglobin, but I get out of almost 100 euros.

Well, as you see here I am pissed off, half confused and a half, I suppose it will be the novelty of all this.

A hug to all and any advice or palmadita on the virtual back will be very welcome.

JAVI TOPILLO's profile photo
JAVI TOPILLO
06/21/2011 8:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

how old are you?Where are you from?With that glycemia in aid I would go to the Emergencies and almost certainly enter you.It can give you a coma.Diabetic ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/21/2011 9:20 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I totally agree with Tica.I think 356 is a figure too high to be waiting for a month and a half.It is almost not even waiting for more than two days.
The consequences of waiting for so long can be quite bad, you can even end up admitted to the ICU if debuts in type I diabetes. Go by emergencies, it will be the best and you will be quieter.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 11:19 a.m.

Let's see, my head doctor has seen me these levels this morning, which are from an analyticalEmergencies were right in front.What has told me is that I take the medication (metformin) one in the morning and another at night or average as I tolerate to lower my sugar and the crest that is rosuvastatin to lower triglycerides, plus a list of food from foodI can and I can't eat.In any case I am going to repeat the analytics, only blood glucose, triglycerides and hemoglobin 1c to see what comes out.There will be 10 days between them, we will see if there is any difference and I will see them as you see them.

I am 43 years old.I do not smoke, I do not drink and I usually exercise regularly, mountain bike, hiking, etc., but a knee fracture has had almost 7 months without being able to move and that is when I have given myself more to eat and obviously because of the circumstances, to the circumstances, to thesedentary lifestyle

I remember that weeks before this analytics I caught my vice with Coca Cola and it was Coca Cola all day, until I got a day when I started drinking water up to almost 5 liters in 24 hours, (something that is not an exaggeration either) and constantly urinated (obviously also because I did more than drink), so I was about three or four days, after this, the analytics came, and after making it and during these days, I drink normally and go to the normal bath without thatDry mouth feeling, so that's why I want to repeat the analysis, to see if it is something punctual, a rush of sugar or it is something that is decreasing by itself without doing anything more and they are putting my nerves when only what I needIt is having a diet to lower weight and exercise again.

If we see that the repeater is maintained in 15 days after taking the metformin and we will know where the problem comes from.Although as my doctor told me, "Javier, he doesn't give him more importance than he has"

JAVI TOPILLO
06/21/2011 11:51 a.m.

Hi Javier, Welcome ...

They have not given you a glucometer so that you are controlling at home the glycemia?, I would wait a while to make me another analytical to see if the medication and diet take their effect, if you have overweight as soon as you lose weight the glucose is stabilized, but be itType 1 or Type 2 Diabetes is forever, you better get the idea.
If you are type 2 and practice again and keep a good diet you can control it with little or even no medication at the beginning and if you are type 1 you will need insulin.You are already telling us but if you have read the forum you have been able to see that we all lead a very normal life ...: d so spirit.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 12:04 p.m.

Javier, precisely, those days before the analytics, you had all the symptoms of a debut in Diabetes Mellitus type I.
Much thirst (polydipsia), constantly urinating (polyuria), and they are also symptoms, hunger (polyphia), feeling of fatigue, blurred view ... etc.I did not drink Cocacola, it gave me for the orange juice, and in the end I ended up as I finished.

You may be well, you may be on the honeymoon of a DMI (which does not last a lifetime and less if they do not put any insulin) or may be a DMII.
But what is safe, is that the doctor who has attended to you and sent you home with 365 sugar in the very competent analytics and metmorphine is not.
If you have made a debut in DMI, which is what the whole pint has, the metmorphine will not serve you for anything, we go, how to try to hit the air with superglú ...
This morning in another post, I have said that since my debut in DMI I have learned many things, but what I have learned most, is that there is a lot of incompetent in medicine and many urban legends about diabetes, and it is something very serious and thatIt may be dangerous.

In your case, I would not only do a glucose and HBA1C analytics, an ICA's and peptide C antibodies analytics would also be necessary to see the pancreas response capacity.It is what will tell you if you have DMI or DMII, and with what they will be sure if the metmorphine will serve you for something, or not at all.
The only way that it is something passenger that is going to happen to you, is that you have a serious problem of obesity and a DMII due to that, in which case, yes, with metmorphine and diet it should be enough until you lose weight.

Your decision is, but think about it, because you are likely to trust your health to a person who does not deserve that trust.In this forum, we have almost all gone through that phase, and believe me that it is not easy, but it is very important that they control you well and that you avoid unhealthy scares.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 12:23 p.m.

Hello, I feel if I have exceeded the emergency department.I was on the bus and it's a roll to write with the mobile ...
I think 356 on an empty stomach is a lot, ... I do not understand anything about type 2 diabetes but glycemia seems very high ... the drinking a lot of water and urinating a lot are clear symptoms of diabetes.Do you feel very tired?It is the symptom that I remember most about my debut and that I was only 3 years old ...
About what the header tells you ... Many know virtually nothing about diabetes.Of course let yourself be advised, but as soon as you can go to an endocrine.Of course, you have to give it importance is its fair measure, and its fair measure is that you have to give importance, diabetes is not a small anemia, it is a very serious issue.Of course, if you carry it correctly you can lead it a totally normal life and it does not have to have consequences for your health.
Wait if you want a few days, but if you keep finding yourself badly, go to the hospital and will attend you immediately ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/21/2011 12:35 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Uy Neihs we have crossed.I totally agree with your explanation;) In my debut, my mother tells me, that with a blood glucose of almost 400 they wanted to make a sugar curve ...

tica's profile photo
tica
06/21/2011 12:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you very much for all the comments.Tomorrow with that analytics I will go through the emergency room if it remains the same or more.My doctor retires next month and is the one who has treated me for 10 years, I say that something will know of diabetes after taking 40 years of profession and knew the ins and outs of this, his patient.There will be doctors who do not find much about diabetes, as well as everywhere, but I sincerely believe that this is not the case. In others it has seen me worse and if I have sent me for an emergency service with a quick paper andLight with a biliary colic years ago.Anyway as I say tomorrow I will do that analytical and on Friday the results will give me and with them if the levels are the same or higher, I will go as I have told Emergency.

I do not find myself tired, much less, I see perfectly, I do not tire if I upload the six floors of my block walking or anything, this afternoon I will take the bicycle to start moving my knee, already comment that I throw me several monthsWithout moving and of course I have taken weight, but from much more, and although I am a northern chicarron type or Canadian lumberjack, I am 1.77 and weight 106, and everything goes to the belly, and that if I worry about everything I have read at riskCardiovascular, diabetes and things like that related to this topic.

Surely you are right in what you comment, but for now, I cannot do much more, except that, if the values ​​are repeated or have climbed, pass me with the analytics by emergency and to see that they tell me.I can't think of anything else, well yes, make an appointment from an endocrine but going through box and teach him all the material, I don't know how the consultation will bepreferential.How much I removed my gallbladder for laparoscopy, I was also "urgent" and it took a month to operate, this is how this works.I hope not to die from here to August 1, you id sending messages in case the flies, if I do not answer you already know, I will have to put a message like the epitio of the Marx Groucho, but instead of "apologize that I do not get up" it will be "Excuse me not to answer ";)

I can't think of anything else, does anyone know how much are private consultations of endocrinology?

JAVI TOPILLO
06/21/2011 12:53 p.m.

Javier, just point to whether the values ​​are repaired or higher.365 is a very high value, in a normal person, should never exceed 140mg/dl, and it is normal to be around 100mg/dl.So leaving a margin up to 300mg/dl is a lot of room.Above 180mg/dl, I would look at it well.

Good luck with the analytics!

DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 1:12 p.m.

Thank you Prado, no, they have not given me any glucometer so this afternoon I will go to the pharmacy to buy me one and so I stop giving the mess at home.Any brand or advice in particular? ... to bring spears and samples and all that I suppose.
As it seems, diabetes is something that can affect you a lot or I know like a kind of sleeping enemy that can be with you all your life and not give yourself the fuck if you take care of the food, weight and exercise, I hope to be one of theseLast, but come on, right now at 8 hours after the news and getting watersThat if I do not do the analytics, I would have followed my life so normal because I did not notice or notice absolutely nothing out of the ordinary, apart from the dream of these hours with 38 degrees in the street.

In any case, I have already started the diet today, because 106 kilos, there are many kilos even more when all or almost all are in the gut.

From what they also comment, I take it for granted that we say ... Once that glycemia barrier is overcome, as is my case of 356 you are already diabetic for a lifetime without back, right?even if glycemia turns to normal values.

JAVI TOPILLO
06/21/2011 1:18 p.m.

The glucometer should give it to you in the ambulatory, ask your head doctor, do not buy it, because also the strips have to give them there and you should know what strips they dispense in your ambulatory.
It is logical that you are scared and dizzy of so much information, wait for you to give you a clear diagnosis, it is the doctor who has to give it to you and while continuing at the letter what has sent you, here we can only guide you and tell ourexperiences but we cannot substitute the doctor.
And yes, even if you have normal glycemias, which you will return: D, you will continue to be diabetic because from now on you will have to medicate and take care of you for life.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 1:31 p.m.

Welcome to the Javi forum

In my opinion, you should go to the emergency department of your health center (at any time).You explain what has happened to you and that they do a glycemia and a urine test to see if you have ketosis (the 2 tests are snapshots)

If blood glucose is greater than 250 and the urine strip for positive ketosis you should demand an emergency wheel of the hospital.
Right now it is the most dangerous ... very high glycemias maintained over time derive in a diabetic coma.
Right now it is likely that your body does not take advantage of the energy (glucose) that you eat and need to pull accumulated reserves, but that process of use is very toxic if it is maintained over time.

The following, once the high blood glucose is controlled, is to determine if you suffer diabetes, and if it is of type 1 or 2.
If it is of type 2 you are likely to have close family history ...
Type 1 and type 2, although similar are 2 different diseases.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2011 1:52 p.m.

Be careful with sport right now.Moreover, avoid doing it (walk if) until you look at you an endocrine, especially if you are debutant, don't be to take some scare.

moñiño's profile photo
moñiño
06/21/2011 3:30 p.m.

Pay attention to Owash, to make you a cetosis test, that does not happen to you as AMI, that I was mistakenly diagnosed a type 2 diabetes being a type 1. I would ask for a steering wheel to your doctor to see you an endocrine and thatYou make tests.

Host's profile photo
Host
06/22/2011 7:36 a.m.

Hello,

How are you going?Have you done analysis again?

tica's profile photo
tica
06/23/2011 2:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Javi:
Bufff, they gave me some analysis with 381 blood glucose and from that moment I started diet and walk a lot to lower it, it is an excessive level.Take care of yourself very much even knowing if you are diabetic.It depends on your age and weight can be type 2 ... if so it will be a little more bearable than 1.

Especially take care of yourself !!!

DiabetesForo
06/27/2011 4:25 a.m.

Hello everyone.I reiterate my thanks again for each of the emails that you have sent me.I tell you a little what happened these days since my last post.
The same Tuesday and seen what I was reading at the fall of the night and once the heats of this era that there is no one to go to the street passed me through a nearby emergency service, explaining my situation a little, myConfusion for the amount of information received in 24 hours and my need to know how sugar had.
A nurse of 061 with the emergency doctor present me did the test by 315. The previousAnalytical results) I have lowered about 50 points.
I tell you that if that was serious if they had to give me any medication of shock, insulin etc.When they saw it, they did not frighten or commented on any insulin or buying a glucometer or began to obsess my glucose every day.They told me that being a high level what I could do best was to reassure me and follow my treatment com metformin, diet and daily exercise, aerobic, not to kill me because it was not necessary, a horita walking every day or what I couldTo start and wait for my appointment with endocrinology on August 4.Meanwhile, I got in touch with the nursing service of my health center that is the one who owes me and can monitor, orientation and solve all my doubts.Thing that my GP's doctor should have told me, although I suspect the reasons that led him not to tell me any of that and I think they are summarized in one.In my health center when commenting on this, it was as if they told them about blue tomatoes, as if it were not very common, a bit weird when diabetes is a thing apparently quite common in quotes.
Well, this is going to do now a week, on Monday I have an appointment with my nursing service and tomorrow I will take glucose in a pharmacy and the triglycerides to see how I go.
I have begun to make a good diet, I follow strictly all the advice and treatment that have prescribed me, I have found enough information in this forum about food lists, glucose indices, rations etc. etc.Information that I am gradually assimilating and the truth is that I feel much better.

Problems encountered so far:
At the moment the one that bothers me the most is that in the morning I can not, let's say far away with the bicycle since I do not know, and allow me this license, when I will give me the (squeeze) and have to go to a bathroom immediately, but come on, in any case it is a clock.I suppose it will be the effect of metformin, as it comes in the prospect, starting with half a pill in the morning and a half at night.Could someone tell me if these symptoms last a lot?I already suppose that will depend on each organism and that each of them will be a world but, more or less.

Another silly problem ... if I go to a bar ... what do I ask to drink?It is curious but last week I had to go into one and I didn't know what to ask ... for what I could see, you can drink everything but in moderation.As I do not drink alcohol a problem that I take away, but .... Beers without alcohol?, Do you have?, By the way, the white soda also puts it as it can be taken.

Well, as you see I discover things from this world of healthy life.My first impressions are more reassuring.As I read in I do not remember which site (there have been so many) there are no diabetes, there are diabetics.Although it seems and sounds weird, this problem is also a kind of red light of your body that tells you, well boy, if you do not take care of you, I will have to impose the rules because I am not going to let you finish with me.So I thinkFrom a problem, we can get positive things, in the background is to lead the life that anyone should carry.This is a personal reflection in my current situation.I guess there will be people with this most aggravated problem and will think otherwise.

Ah, in the afternoon an image comes to mind, a toast of butter with a coffee bowl with milk hahaha, I do not want to tell you how I get my nerves and the hunger that gives me.

Well I'm going for my apple or mid -morning yogurt.On Wednesday I will tell you where my glucose is a week after having started treatment, diet and physical exercise.

JAVI TOPILLO
06/27/2011 7:11 a.m.

I have forgot.In the emergency room, given the question that if they should at my health center, prescribe a glucometer, as I have commented before, they almost laugh.No glucometers are prescribed in the Andalusian Health Service except in severe cases of DM and that need control by the daily patient.There is lack of "resources."Literal.But that in any case, for me it was not necessary, that at the moment with carrying a control in my health center it was enough.

JAVI TOPILLO
06/27/2011 7:20 a.m.

Well Javi within a week if you follow the diet, you exercise regular and take the medication you surely have the glucose much lower.
As for drinks, you can drink anyone without carbohydrates: cocacola light or zero, slope soda that already has all the marks, infusions, water ... be careful with the beer that has enough hydrates ..... stop bySome hypermarket and you will see that there is a lot of variety of sugarless drinks .....;)
As for the glucometer: shock: ... hallucinated I stay .... Finally ..... Any laboratory sends it to you without any cost .... What are very expensive are reactive strips

DiabetesForo
06/27/2011 7:24 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.