Hello everyone, I'm already one more with diabetes.

JAVI TOPILLO's profile photo   06/21/2011 8:24 a.m.

I'm glad you are calmer, even as I have already told you, keep alert with the subject, and you don't trust what the first one tells you, even if it is a doctor.There is a lot of error and urban legend about the DM.
If you begin to find tired and have the symptoms of thirst and eager to urinate again and look at you the ketone bodies (to verify that there is no diabetic ketosis that is the first problem of a poorly controlled DM, I say itfor your high values).

Topillo said:

As for this you write, I think you still have a concept error.Glucose is much more volatile than you think you think.You can get up on the fast at 315, and that your kidneys make a filtering, you are going to urinate and at 2 hours you have 180. As you can have 315, eat a piece of bread and end 400. Glucose varies depending on the activity and theWhat a time of time, even every 10 minutes.Tomorrow he can give the chance that you get up with 150, but does not take away so that the other days have 300 when you get up, so require stricter control.I am sorry to take off the illusion, but that you have dropped 50 points in a week, it can have both meaning and none.
The glucometer is a whore that does not give it to you, especially because it is the best way to learn and control yourself.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/27/2011 7:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No, you don't take away any illusion, I just follow the guidelines that doctors give me, which I think are the best guidelines that can be followed.Do more exercise, eat properly as I have been told, take the medication and not obsess myself by measuring glucose every half hour.

JAVI TOPILLO's profile photo
JAVI TOPILLO
06/27/2011 8:08 a.m.

The same thing that Neihs has told you, 50 of sugar is nothing and less if the analysis is with a "domestic" glucometer when they are such high figures you cannot trust.They can have 20% error.
For the rest, be vigilate a lot ... thirst, tiredness, cramps and be careful with exercise.Check out this that I have found on a page on the diabetes theme:

What if you have hyperglycemia?

- Take many liquids to avoid dehydration.
- Continue to take medications to the letter.
- Eat normally but avoid foods rich in sugars or starches that can raise blood glucose more.
- Avoid exercising if it is very high as it can rise more.
- Measure glucose frequently, from two to four hours.
- Go to the doctor immediately if you have type 2 diabetes and the glucose is above 300 mg/dl.
- If you suffer from type 1 diabetes and the glucose is above 300 mg/dl, ketones must be measured in the urine and apply insulin according to what the doctor has indicated.

It still seems like a burrada that does not give importance to the glycemia you have.Only one thing, when I was diagnosed with diabetes (I was 3 years old) my mother got very angry with the pediatrician because she ignored her, treated her as the typical hysterical mother for her daughter's health and took a long time to send me basic analysis.My uncle is a pediatrician, and told him that it is normal to see 1 or 2 children with DM1 throughout the professional career.I guess this statistic will increase something in adult patients (although most suffer from DM2) but many doctors have never faced the diagnosis of diabetes ...

The glucometer I suppose they will give it to you when you go to the endocrine, there are no serious diabetes ... If you suffer DM1 you will need to measure you 5-8 times a day and if you have DM2 with insulin they will also give it to you

tica's profile photo
tica
06/27/2011 9:57 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Javi.
Welcome
I do not have a little over a year and a few months.I don't want to give you the alarm but they detected it in a work control after losing 10 kg in 4 months.

My fasting figure was 254 and I was luxurious.Look at 100 less than you.Well look that was 5 days of admission.I don't know if it was very exaggerated but I went out with a wonderful training of the hospital.

I do not love you, much less scare but if you have the opportunity, consult this at another medical center or at least call an association of diabetics and expose the case.

Many luck.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/29/2011 11:32 a.m.

Hello
I see that almost everyone has insulin bomb, they have never offered it to me and I have been with the disease only for 33 years, they only make insulin changes, as I have commented above, this time with the lantus, I think they have annoyed, ofAnyway on October 17, the Guardian meter placed for 72 hours, measuring the glycemia every 5 minutes, I suppose you will know it.
I hope someone answers, I would like to comment with people who suffer from it and even be able to do junt@s activities.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/07/2011 11:39 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Holassssss

No, not everyone wears a bomb ... Gondurulo and I resist: Mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum

DiabetesForo
10/07/2011 1:22 p.m.

hello
I see that almost everyone has insulin bomb, they have never offered it to me and I have been with the disease only for 33 years, they only make insulin changes, as I have commented above, this time with the lantus, I think they have annoyed, ofAnyway on October 17, the Guardian meter placed for 72 hours, measuring the glycemia every 5 minutes, I suppose you will know it.
I hope someone answers, I would like to comment with people who suffer from it and even be able to do junct activities.
Sorry, I have the subject, it is that I am hypernervious and I did not look, and now · studying "the whole forum, I go and I see ... I almost gives me something, a thousand forgives.
Owash you will think that I am ... well that I mten some rare grrr syndrome: oops:

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/10/2011 1:55 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Hello Javi I am as disoriented as you, I made periodic controls and never highed my blood glucose, I started to lose weight for no reason, I had a dry mouth and all the time I was tired, I went to the doctor forA routine control and the analyzes gave me 338 blood glucose, the doctor gave me a diet and prescribed Zomarist Met to the, I followed the diet to the letter and took the medication and at 15 days when I did another analysis.He only gave me 0.99 glucose, now I don't know if I'm already a diabetic and I have to take care of my life or not.To make matters worse, my father had diabetes and two of my brothers too.

DiabetesForo
01/12/2012 10:55 a.m.

Hi Brisa, welcome.
Diabetes is not cured.Have you told you what type of diabetes do you have?Have you consulted an endocrine?

DiabetesForo
01/12/2012 11:37 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.