First dog in Spain trained to detect hypoglycemia

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/28/2011 3:12 p.m.

Hello friends, I show you the work of one of our dog -detector dogs in training, I hope it seems interesting and any questions you can contact me.Greetings.
Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/03/2014 9:08 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Owash said:
We commented on this possibility for a while and Alea told us the case of her daughter.

Today this news has come to me:
life guardians for people with diabetes and autism

In the link there is a video where they explain how training and what trained dogs do.

I don't know if this really useful but at least works in something new.

DiabetesForo
04/07/2014 3:11 p.m.

Hello,
Curious man is, but from what I see I don't think it's the best solution.

A cordial greeting

DiabetesForo
04/07/2014 3:12 p.m.

A dog is a dog .. the same detects you hypoglycemia but gets nervous and eats your face to bites, as it happened to that woman who had to make a face transplant ... and I like them?They are machines.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/07/2014 9:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It seems to me nonsense.Not because the dog can or not detect them, but how much does it cost to train the dog for that (animal, caretaker, food, ...)?That they subsidize continuous meters and stop bullshit.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
12/03/2015 11:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Davidt1 said:
seems to me nonsense.Not because the dog can or not detect them, but how much does it cost to train the dog for that (animal, caretaker, food, ...)?That they subsidize continuous meters and stop bullshit.

Do you want to explain that a meter has to do with the subsidy continued with the possibility of accessing a medical assistance dog?, these dogs are not subsidized if you want it pay for training and point, it is a particular expense that does not fall on the coffers of anyone nothing more than pays.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
12/03/2015 2:21 p.m.

fjf said:
Davidt1 said:
seems to me nonsense.Not because the dog can or not detect them, but how much does it cost to train the dog for that (animal, caretaker, food, ...)?That they subsidize continuous meters and stop bullshit.

Do you want to explain that a meter has to do with the subsidy continued with the possibility of accessing a medical assistance dog?, these dogs are not subsidized if you want it pay for training and point, it is a particular expense that does not fall on the coffers of anyone nothing more than pays.

Well here, as other users have already commented: Link whereIndicates that public hospitals are interested in the project.As far as I know, public hospitals are paid with citizens' taxes.So I prefer that a public hospital be interested in facilitating MCG than for this.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
12/03/2015 2:57 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Davidt1 said:
fjf said:
Davidt1 said:
Davidt1 said:
I think it's a nonsense.Not because the dog can or not detect them, but how much does it cost to train the dog for that (animal, caretaker, food, ...)?That they subsidize continuous meters and stop bullshit.

Well here, as other users have already commented: Link whereIndicates that public hospitals are interested in the project.As far as I know, public hospitals are paid with citizens' taxes.So I prefer that a public hospital be interested in facilitating MCG than for this.

I repeat you again that medical assistance dogs are not financed or subsidized by anyone today, nor will they be unfortunately in the near future, cataloging it as bullshit are offending the work of many people, do Lazarillo dogs also seem to you?, Because they are trained by the same people, and by the way that information that links is incorrect are trained dogs in Spain for diabetes for more than two years have already been working, the Canem Foundation of Zaragoza trains them, the truth does not know if they were theFirst but they may already have a twenty delivered.By the way I would also like that they will subsidize continuous glucometers that dogs, in that we agree.
All the best.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
12/03/2015 4:04 p.m.

Please do not put words that I have not said in my mouth.Have I said that they are currently subsidized?No, have I said something of the Lazarillos dogs?No (of course they do a great job, in case you have any questions of my opinion) have I criticized the work of the people who trains them?No. Critical The fact that news like this comes out, that hospitals are interested and it seems that MCG does not exist for public health, something that is reliable, accompanies you 24 hours and tested by many people for many years.If the media were more talked about than McG's are not financed, then we would get something in this regard.Instead I always see a lot of news like this, the tattoo, etc., which in the end do not reach anything.

I do not say that the work of who trains the dogs is bad, but "luckily" to detect hypoglycemia, 24 hours, anywhere and situation, there is something better that is the MCG and that is why I say that I do not seem good to enhance theUse of a dog for this, having a better solution that already exists and also seems cheaper.Nor do I think it is a scalable treatment. How many million diabetics are there between T1 and T2? Is it scalable to train million dogs?If there is massive production, the cost of manufacturing machines is reduced, but training dogs I don't have it so clear, beyond buying wholesale food.If a machine could partially return the view to a person, do you think you would prefer the machine or the dog?Well, here I see it in a similar way, although I see that you think like me.

Apart point.The news refers to the fact that it can be good for night hypoglycemia, can the dog perform that job while sleeping, for example?

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
12/03/2015 4:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Well let's leave the controversy behind and answer you from the point and apart, the issue of night hypoglycemia, both coaches and users, say it is one of their great advantages, the detection of nocturnal hypoglycemia, I personally do not know.Anyway, both for good and for bad we are talking about an animal, so I think it is not comparable with a continuous meter even if they are both oriented towards the same.

fjf's profile photo
fjf
12/04/2015 noon

Uyuyuy in late to this thread.In TVE 1 not long one of these dogs came out as if it were a pass.The diabetic girl explained it as if it were the best of the best.The fact is that the dog after a while he became nervous and she confirmed that it was because he had a hiccup, they did an analytical and I think he had 120, he is better not to have performed the analytics.
We are going for him to bark at night, and he doesn't get street, because they don't shut up until you're fine, that is, you have to take a donuts to change your breath and put on 250 if you want to sleep hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/04/2015 4:39 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@joconegar, well it was not exactly like that @ but the thing was very scandalous
He does not detect hypoglycemia if not glucose changes, it is supposed to start barking when you are not in hypoglycemia but it has already started to go down and does not shut up until it is nomal again

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/04/2015 4:50 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is said that it is because of the breath that gives off

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/04/2015 6:11 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

The truth is that I don't know exactly what it smells, if body smell breath ...
What you do not like dogs better not to buy it, the detection is an addition to which you want a dog but not because of what you want to have the dog.
I have explained, right?:)) :))

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/04/2015 6:38 p.m.

Jolín Well we have already lined her hahaha.And those of us who are showering on Sundays?:)) :)) All week barking hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/04/2015 6:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

:)) :)) :))

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/04/2015 10:25 p.m.

Good, I'm going to have a German pastor from about two years that I will give me a great help when controlling my hypoglycemia.
They have been training it with samples of sweat, breath and saliva of my hypoglycemia (they are about 450 samples).It will not be the panacea but she will let me know when my glucose levels are less than 70 hg.
I am costing about € 7000 and the Bocalan Association is trained, it is a paste but I do not find out about hypoglycemia.I think the different pump media, meters etc .. In the end a pasture is worth.You also have to be clear that the animal can fail (like the different means) and that you have to take care of it.But I love dogs and I don't care smells, get it to piss-cagar, food, veterinarian care and how not to quarrel with people to let him be with me.They are already like Lazarillos dogs with their rights and duties.
The way of paying it is screwed since there are no subsidies, so to ask for pasta and put it.
I have read silly comments (forgiveness) but with this issue or you like dogs and their great smell or you don't like it.I do not like to bring devices connected to my body and I don't say that it is shit.Each one has to choose as and what media chooses to be able to live with this partner and that makes him happy.
I choose the dog, my insulins, my glucometer, my ovolactea diet, my hours running through the mountain, my endocrine and nurse and live happily with my family. Everything 'because I am like that and my family supports me.
Finally, I hope that I give Kas and helps me to know when I am in hypoglycemia and be able to live quietly. And see her how the fucking enjoyed while the reward for doing her job.
Thank you

DiabetesForo
12/05/2015 9:55 p.m.

@Gindillo when you have it please do not stop counting the experiences with him.The way to adapt to each other and others.
Was yours when they started teaching it or they facilitate the animal?
Thank you so much

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/05/2015 10:20 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
@gindillo when you have it please do not stop telling the experiences with him.The way to adapt to each other and others.
It was yours when they started e

DiabetesForo
12/06/2015 4:35 p.m.

jconegar said:
@gindillo when you have it please do not stop telling the experiences with him.The way to adapt to each other and others.
Was yours when they started teaching it or they facilitate the animal?
Thank you very much

DiabetesForo
12/06/2015 4:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.