First dog in Spain trained to detect hypoglycemia

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/28/2011 3:12 p.m.

A while ago we commented this possibility and Alea told us the case of her daughter.

Today this news has come to me:
life guardians for people with diabetes and autism

In the link there is a video where they explain how training and what trained dogs do.

I do not know if this really useful but at least works on something new.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/28/2011 3:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I want one now !!

Surely it is cheaper than the stab Guardian or the Dexcom.And consumables I think they are also cheaper (sensors in front of Dog Chow packages).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/29/2011 4:46 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Dogchow ???If you want the animal to be in good health, you cannot eat "GUARRO" of the supermarket, it has to eat I think of quality (more than € 60 the 15kg sack).The dog must be addressed to exercise, continuous training to maintain its skills, have certain inconveniences, a Golden Retriever is a long-haired dog, you can buy a good vacuum cleaner (between € 400-600) and prepare forPass it every day, pay canine residence if you planNot being that dogs be in love (and you had a dog) I would not advise it.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/29/2011 8:58 a.m.

Dogchow ???If you want the animal to be in good health, you cannot eat "GUARRO" of the supermarket, it has to eat I think of quality (more than € 60 the 15kg sack).The dog must be addressed to exercise, continuous training to maintain its skills, have certain inconveniences, a Golden Retriever is a long-haired dog, you can buy a good vacuum cleaner (between € 400-600) and prepare forPass it every day, pay canine residence if you planNot being that dogs are incento (and you had a dog) I would not advise it.

touch.You have burst me the gracieta, but you are right :)) :)) :))
I do not put a dog of those in my house with what they smell ... And besides, I am super scrupulous ... so I will continue with my studied plan that I have been putting into practice for some time to finance a continuous sensor: take away from theAlcohol and robopilinguis, play in my spare time the dulzaina in the subway, and continue to put their finger in all the street vending machines, that there is always someone who leaves a few centimitos ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
07/29/2011 9:28 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

ha ha ha!The smell is the least, if you wash it, brushes and clean daily to your house, it does not smell.I had a dog of those dimensions, and I know what it is, although when I died I spent a full -fledged emotional mourning, the walks at sunset have never been the same again without it, getting up just over 6 in the morning was a bassBut I have never felt that energy that gave me the cold in the morning.Hop we still ask for a dog of those ...: Mrgreen:

mornita's profile photo
mornita
07/29/2011 10:07 a.m.

That is, the dog gives more slaughter than the dexcom: mrgreen :: mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
07/29/2011 12:34 p.m.

No, no, noooooo.

To begin with, there are many kinds.I agree that the supermarket are shit, but the expensive ones (that there are good and bad) do not have to be the exclusive food of a dog.
Drake I give acana, which is the best thing there is, but it lasts a lot, because it also eats house things: rice cooked with the current parts of the meat (bones, small, etc.).He loves macaroni, which are cheap, and other similar leftovers.And also enjoy hard bread and fruit.

Regarding the hair, there are short -haired dogs (like Drake) that do not dirty anything.

As for races, in principle almost anyone is worth.In our case it is a boxer.I have heard cases of Cocker Spaniel and other breeds, although I remain convinced that the smartest and most helpful dog is the legitimate chucho, to be possible adopted from kennel.

Of course, a dog is not a toy and requires attention, care and affection.All this returns it, but I do not advise a dog to those who are not a lover of animals.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/01/2011 2:21 p.m.

PATHETIC.PATHETIC.PATHETIC.
I just read in the press that are already "available", prices, minimum, 10,000 euros.And that some diabetic foundations will finance 60%.

Link ... 42063.html >

Of course, but for my dexcom you do not give me a hard, or 3000 euros.The dog is better, you are shitting the house, you can take it to work, on the plane, to the bathroom, sleep with you ...
The dexcom does not "shit", does not eat or consume (the dog is not going to live from the air (consumables)), yes, of course ... but you make a normal life, and not only warns you of hypoglycemia, like the dog, ifNot that also, he warns you of hyperglycemia, etc.And it warns you before, even, that the dog, how do you will have hypoglycemia.

I only congratulate those who will sell these dogs, because they have done the business of the year (I suppose that "envelopes" in between).And those who finance it, also (more envelopes in between).

I do not explain that in current times, with Dexcom and similar devices, they want to sell a dog (animal better than many people) to improve our quality of life.At cost 0, a small training to a dog you have, etc?Yes, but above these prices and subsidize it?

Anyway ... Luckily the dogs that sell cook, make the purchase, wash the dishes ... because if not, I would not understand the "scam", and what organisms, SS, alert what it is (products "miraculous ")

Greetings of an indignant who pays 100% of his dexcom, and that is very cheaper and more effective than any dog ​​(I can go to work with him, and quote)

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/22/2012 7:24 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Jo, 10,000 Leuros An antihypoglycemia dog: o: Twisted:
Indeed, a Dexcom comes out much cheaper.

I understand that this subsidy does not come from public money, but that it is the investment that has been made in the dog's admission ... and that the 4000 euros is the purchase of the dog.

There are the same people who do well:-/ who do not like to wear a pot stuck to the body all day but prefer a dog.

It is anticipated 20 minutes a hypoglycemia, they are serious?: Shock:
I find it difficult to imagine that they are able to distinguish a situation of mild hypoglycemia (40 and many, 50 and little ...) of another more or less normal physical situation.
Yes, I think they can alert a serious hypo ...

DiabetesForo
04/22/2012 4:05 p.m.

Pabloj2000, I don't know what kind of dogs you know.Mine certainly do not shine the house.It is a matter of teaching them, anyone can.

Take it to work, depending on what you work on.By plane of course you can take it (although I don't like it, because they go apart).In the bathroom without problem, in fact, mine loves drinking at the Bidet.And sleep with me, because also, each one in his bed, of course.

As for the price, nothing have cost me because they have given them to me.And those of the kennel are free.I have not needed to train Drake to detect hypos, he does it by intuition.

Maintenance is relatively cheap (surely more cheaper than Dexcom), and serve more things, not only for glycemia.But I will not specify them because, if you like dogs, you would know them and, if you don't like them, it's not worth it.

Health

DiabetesForo
04/22/2012 8:04 p.m.

Well, Alea, I have always had dogs, specifically German shepherds.The one I have currently lives in the garden of my house, has a lot of place inside the closure.And I leave the kkitas through the field ahead, well done on the other hand that also pays.I do not live inside my house, nor have I ever had such a dog (it will depend on the life of each one).
And take it to work, I can tell you hundreds of jobs that I do not imagine an employee/worker with a dog next to: dependent on any shopping center, official, administrative, programmer or engineer in a consultant, doctor, surgeon, nurse, mason, mechanic, traveler ... I see very unlikely to enjoy the company of a dog in your work (which I also say, many dogs are better than people).
I know they can go by plane, and go to the bathroom, and sleep with their owners.Even go by motorcycle (yes, yes, anyone dares).But my message did not go as a criticism of the "dogs", and if you have understood it, or expressed myself badly or you have confused yourself.Dogs, like children, only do what they teach them.The problem I have seen is that today, they dare to finance "the Lazarillo dog of a diabetic", but do not do so with a Dexcom, when its excellent functioning is demonstrated and that brings much more to diabetes than a dogAble to detect hypoglycemia.
It simply seems a delay, and almost embarrassing.I would look good that they finance the Dexcom, and the one who does not want it, because a dog, ok, there each one.That we are talking about diabetes, not many other qualities that a dog can have (which, by the way, I like them, but ... And the diabetics who do not like dogs?).And we have asked the neighbors -who lives in a floor -, which does not care if we are diabetic -it is our problem -if it bothers or offends that our "can" start to bark when we have or go tohave hypoglycemia, at 2 or 3 in the morning?
That is, if I can't use it in my life newspaper (and I think most people could not), it is not "discreet", it is intrusive ... when there are devices that integrate into your life without problems,Why do they "put them"?or more serious, how do you dare to finance them?

As for maintenance, yes, it is cheaper (the purchase seen what has been seen, nooooooooooooo) and serves more things, but none related to diabetes which is what we deal with, right?

In summary, that my opinion is that I do not see meaning, and many problems, for a "system" that does nothing better than a simple dexcom, and that it is in accordance with the times (not the economy).

And to put some humor, there is another new ecological system based on animals to measure blood:
Link S. Tyle = "max-width: 300px;
The animal extracts 2 samples, if it is rang, the glucose level is high, if the hair is put to tip, low, and if it continues to suck, it simply is hungry.
Eye: Incompatible with hypoglycemia detector dogs.: D
Price, 15000 euros, and will finance 60%.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/22/2012 8:48 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

What do I say ... and if the dog, over the years, also has diabetes ... is its own hypoglycemia?
Would you confuse those of the owner?:-/;) 8)

Pablo, I already see Lifescan or Abbott tattooing his mark on the back of the kitten ... everything is for the business :))

DiabetesForo
04/23/2012 1:19 p.m.

I do not see the financing, that of the dog I say.I think that is a business for those who train those dogs, but I don't think we should pay others.I am convinced that any normal chucho can detect hypoglycemia and can be trained at home.Of course, it is essential that the chucho coexists inside with the diabetic.From the garden it will be difficult:-/
During the day it is little necessary, because it is awake and the hypos are usually detected.The greatest utility is night, when he falls asleep.

And I would also love to finance the Dexcom, or better the minilink and that my daughter could take one.It would be a big step.

And that I like dogs does not mean that I encourage anyone to have a dog.Not everyone is trained for it;)

Health

DiabetesForo
04/23/2012 3:44 p.m.

Hello
I see that you have opened a topic that has raised blisters.
I tell you and find out about these dogs a few years ago.In the US and I contacted these people.There the dogs are free, that is, it is an association that with the help of the commercial houses of feed and others sponsor the training and the only thing is that they make you go through a screning, because of course there is a lot of demand.The dog is never yours, they control how you take care of it, as is in the house ...
Of course this training is with the Opersona child so I had it black to obtain it
A couple of years ago an organization in England came out.Also very valid, the information received great and understood in the subject.Moreover, you can train those dogs for hypoglycemia like other ailments, what I don't remember well, Auqnue keep all emails.
The same, they did not business, everything was sponsored.
Now we arrive in Spain.And I have also been in contact with these people and although very nice, prize the 3000euros they ask for the dog that they have.In other words, as I already had prior information I saw the difference, of Made in Spain dogs or the others, there are always economic interests, opracia.
Another note, these dogs are used for the ease of training, as the blind, but in the US they train you if you had yours.
Another thing, I do not doubt how well the Dextrom must go, but I would prefer to carry my dog ​​than another plugged pot because I have no more space, the belly does not absolute because of the stretch marks, so quulus, lateral and even arm I put on the pump....
If someone inerts the contacts that ecoming, to let me know that I send them
Greetings

Van's profile photo
Van
04/23/2012 6:19 p.m.

Ale a chucho almost trained for hypos ...

DiabetesForo
10/09/2012 1:01 p.m.

haha, it's my endocrine, next week I ask him: P

tica's profile photo
tica
10/09/2012 1:11 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, I love the idea!

Yahoo MMCrawler [Bot]'s profile photo
Yahoo MMCrawler [Bot]
10/09/2012 4:19 p.m.

Let's see if instead of a continuous meter they will give us a dog ..:-/

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/09/2012 4:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have two dalmatas, and the other day in the field with them, I get the sugar ..., and take hand to a caramel, and the kids were thought
That it was the prize that I give them when they do something right, and you do not see how I had to run so that they did not take it away, that the fucks the fucks
These mine do not understand diabetes for what I saw ...

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/19/2012 7:58 a.m.

Hi van.I am interested in seeing the links that you can facilitate to train my dog ​​... I want it, I cannot avoid it (he has been with me for 4 years) and these animals are taken affection;I already knew about the detection of hypos because I had heard it for years, but I have never commented on the issue with anyone;And it happens to me as Aurora2;Mine see myself eating something and sits to give him what I take: P well, the fact is that with this or with any other I would like to know if I can teach you when I am not for Na de Na:-*

Mabarga's profile photo
Mabarga
10/13/2013 11:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.