Hirrol glucose in fasting?

prz's profile photo   08/10/2011 5:03 a.m.

Good morning, I have a big doubt that introduces you to see if you can throw a cable because I have been head for 2 weeks.

I am an insulin -dependent, the insulin I use is a novorapid for breakfast/food/dinner and Lantus solo for bedtime about 23:30 am.

My doses are usually breakfast: 15 / food: 18 / dinner: 18/19 / Lantus: 17

Glucose analyzes do them before each food intake, whether breakfast, food or dinner are usually between 100-140 but these two weeks ago something happens to me, I don't know what it is to be but it leads me up.

I get fasting between 230-250mg in blood, and I go to bed at night with 120-130mg, I think the problem is the lantus solostar that acts before meals, to control the sugar before the food, but they passTwo things.

I can think that I am clicking too many units (Lantus solostar 17u) so, it has a bouncing effect at night, it gives me a loss of sugar while I am sleeping and the lantus acts so as not to enter in hypoglycemic coma, it is worth there I have almost certainThat can be that.
I get the Lantus, from 17u to 15-16u 2 or 3 days .. I find that in the morning I get up with 140mg on an empty stomach, I say perfect!But another problem jumps ..
When I arrive at the time of food or dinner, I have the sugar at 180-200 before starting dinner .. I mean that the lantus falls short ..

I am going crazy because I have no way to control it, and this sensation of stomach uncertainIf you can help me, I would appreciate it in a thousand ways.

Thank you all.

prz's profile photo
prz
08/10/2011 5:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

I would try one thing, nor be a couple of days or three.If you say that when you have lowered the Lantus units before bedtime, you get up more or less well, then try up a unit or two at breakfast or at food (if you say you find this before dinner)To see if then you also get well at food or dinner time.

I don't know, I can only think of this ...

Greetings and welcome!(I am also new, although I have been diabetic and I am 25 years old).

Anna4's profile photo
Anna4
08/10/2011 6:35 a.m.

Do you measure glucose at night about 3 or 4 in the morning?It will help you to know if it is a rebound or that you lack insulin.
In my opinion and it is only an opinion, you have a very decompensated guideline, very little Lantus and a lot of novorapid.
The theory says that we need 50% basal and another 50% fast, but that is the theory because we all know that the treatment must be adapted to each one.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/10/2011 6:59 a.m.

I don't think it's a compensation issue.It will be compensated over time.If I compared what I put to the third year of diabetes, with what I wear now ...

From Lantus I put 14-15 units when I wake up.

Anna4's profile photo
Anna4
08/10/2011 7:14 a.m.

I think it is the problem of the rebound effect, the truth is that I am not sure but I will finish trying this week, tonight I will inject my 15u of Lantus to have the result when waking up and before the meals, I think, if I am not mistaken that theEffect is rebound, because if I have come to click at 3 and 4 in the morning and have a sugar, 80-90-120, I mean that it peudes to be a descent and Lantus acting so as not to enter hiccups.

What do you think?Greetings.Thanks for the answers.

prz's profile photo
prz
08/10/2011 7:27 a.m.

Yes, these values ​​when they are sure that are due to the rebound effect, but I referred to the values ​​that you have later, before meals after the dose of Lantus has decreased.

If you get less Lantus units, you have less to distribute during the day, therefore, it is normal for you to then have higher values.That is, I believe that the solution would be to reduce the dose of Lantus, but increase those of Novorapid, since there you do not have so much lantus that it acts.

Anna4's profile photo
Anna4
08/10/2011 8:34 a.m.

Hello partner.
Well, I am not very experienced but I have more or less like your diabetes time and also use the same treatment.

As the dose distribution seems very rare, it seems very fast and little of the slow comparison.
I use fast - Breakfast 3-4 und.4-5und food.Dinner 5-6und and slow 18.und.
Why don't you tell your endocrine?

The heats affects, I get less now in summer and I suppose that each body is different but well as Prado says I understood that it was 50% of each.

I hope you clarify the mystery.

Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/10/2011 8:47 a.m.

I agree that the slow-rapid proportion is very rare.Normally Lantus doses are greater in relation to the rapid.
In addition, fasting blood glucose depends on basal insulin, Lantus in this case.I doubt the rebound.Rather, I think you fall short.Anyway, you would get out of doubt if you did control at dawn for several days.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/10/2011 2:13 p.m.

The truth is that I wish I click 5-6u for dinner, more than anything because I ceno and I do not go out, and eat a salad, with a piece of grilled atun, I have to click 15u, because if not 2hThen I have more than 200. If I also understood and I have, that it has to be 50% of total fast and the other 50% total of Lantus solostar, but I do not understand why I have to click so much fast, in principleIf, since I have been unemployed for 1 year here, breakfast and I don't move, how and I don't move, and I don't move, I am a result?Well, we all know it .. I will try to lower the Lantus to 15U and see the result these days until Sunday, and I will tell you, but I think the problem is the rebound effect, anyway, I will check the glucose at 4 ofThe morning, to see how the result, but many things come together, meals and not move .. summer to lie late ... I am eating ... although we weigh the ideal for my height 1.85 -80kg .. but I have always eatenEnough, but this has to change, I will tell you little by little as I am moving forward if I can solve it.

prz's profile photo
prz
08/10/2011 5:02 p.m.

I also believe that in that proportion there is little lantus and too much novorapid.

For example, I put 18 from Lantus at night, like you, but at meals I usually put between 8 and 10 novorapid.And right now I am getting up many days in 100-110, so I am considering the Lantus again, which I had in 22.

It must also be said that you have not specified your weight or if you are type I or II (I am Type I and what I wear I do not know if it will use to guide a type II).

But I believe above all that you lack Lantus because if you were exceeding the lantus notaries hypoglycemia in the morning and you have not mentioned any of that.

The one to get up a few days with something more or less glycemia can be a coincidence or be related to what you had the day before.In any case, for me 140 on an empty stomach is still too much, therefore Lantus is missing where you look at it.

Greetings.

I edit, I see that you have put your weight.Weighs about 10 kilos more than me, so the logical thing would be that you put on a little more of Lantus, no less.

Carlos1979's profile photo
Carlos1979
08/10/2011 5:09 p.m.

And with a salad and grilled tuna do you put 15 novorapid units ?????: Shock: ... where are carbohydrates ?????Because you already know that what the glucose rises is fundamentally hydrates.What glycemia do you have at two hours of eating?I keep saying that it is a rare pattern and I think you are missing Lantus.

DiabetesForo
08/10/2011 5:22 p.m.

Yes, 18u I click on one night, salad with canonigos, 'cherry' tomatoes (which rich x'd) picostestes, a little cheese and yogurt sauce (if the yogurt sauce, I know that contains sugars ^^) and aPiece of fish 'atun' a slice.I punctuated mythorapid, 2h after I had 171.

I do not understand, I do not know what it can be, because there are people who simply eat what they want to exceed a little, and click 4-6u, I thought that it was only at the beginning of being diabetic, while playing with the moon ofHoney, and the pancreas still worked a little, you could stay with those units for a while, but I knew it was not forever.

But who was going to tell me, that 2 years later, I am clicking almost 60u between Lantus and Daily Novorapid, I think that is not good, and the best of all is that, I do not think it is anything good at all .. thisI have a little disappointed the truth, at night I have an uncertaintyTake this headache.

Last night I click 15u from Lantus, today I have risen with 167, it remains high, but these days behind me clicking me 18 and Ameanecia with 240, at night I do not sleep anything, I think that from 8 hours I can sleep 4h-3h, maybe theSleeping is also unbalancing glucose, yet I'm still thinking that I puncture too much.

This may be due to several things, as I said above, before had breakfast and I was going to work, comia and I was going to work, and dinner, I have always dinner and sat on the sofa, but when I went to breakfast, eat etc.I also punctured mythorapid 13-14u .. I bare that everything is a bit decompensated and that is what leads me crazy from my head.

The truth is that today is of those days, that you do not know what to do, if you take and go.. but not as sugar anything more than when I have hiccups, and not like what I want, I do not wear a diet but I take care of at least at meals, why have to prick those units .. if notThe tremendous?Why dawn in fasting mornings with 170mg of glucose if I slept last night with 130 ... pfff, we will see how I get to food and dinner today and find out what Peude Esat fails.

I don't know my body if all this does not accept, but I, like a empanadilla and a juice of those without sugar, and I have to click 15u from Novorapid, for 2h after having the sugar at 145 ... I do not see theI mean all this and I'm starting to tire.

Greetings and forgive all the paragraph that I have released.

prz's profile photo
prz
08/11/2011 4:05 a.m.

Do not be discouraged, but it does not seem normal what is happening to you, you should talk to your endocrine because that guideline I still say that it is very decompensated and in my opinion Lantus and climb up novorapid is not the solution, but it is only my opinion.
How many rations of hydrates do you take a day?Do you know how many novorapid units do you need for ration?
I would start by adjusting well, I would go up to get up with good blood glucose and while many controls, but my advice is that you consult with your endocrine and educator.

Ahhh .... the fundamental exercise ....

DiabetesForo
08/11/2011 4:22 a.m.

We will see how the day behaves, before food and dinner as I have glucose, if I find it high more than 200, I have lowered the lantus and I know that I do not have to lower it that I should upload it at leastAt 22. Throughout the week I tell you how it went, greetings.

prz's profile photo
prz
08/11/2011 4:53 a.m.

Hello again partner.

Do you know what happens?And with all the love I do not want to feel bad ... with the last thing you said I realize that maybe you lack nutritional and diabetes training ....

What is it that you eat a empanadilla and a juice?
Juice, the fruits liquefied, even if it says it is low in sugar has a lot, think that the juices is fruit in a liquid state and the fruit has a lot of sugar.Being in liquid format your absorption and super fast.Think that a juice is ideal for raising hypoglycemia.He commits a fruit of about 100gr (always permitted) or 200gr of melon or watermelon that by containing fiber its absorption is slower.

Do you really do a diet controlling carbohydrates?Do you know the issue of insulin doses?Don't you have carbohydrates at night?Being well formed is 50% of diabetes treatment.

I also imagine that not moving shows.I have a sedentary work but the fact of leaving alone makes you spend.On weekends that I move less than a Teletubi in a Velcro bed I always wear a dose more at every fast meal.

I would almost tell you that all this will comment with your endocrine and if it does not solve the problem change.

I hope I have not bothered you in my comments and if I did I apologize early.

Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/11/2011 5:19 a.m.

The rebound effect, I don't think it's.
If you have a hiccup during the night, you most likely wake up.

I subscribe the entire message of Quim.
Everything that tells you is very important, especially finding out if the food-insulin relationship is done well ... is that it is the most basic
What you describe of food and ultra -granted insulin units is a bit strange ... if you eat 36 Maria type cookies, you should put 18 ultra -upd insulin units.

The issue of injection zones is also very important ... If you always put insulin in the same place you end up saturating the area and not letting insulin take effect ...

Changes in insulin doses should let them rest a little more time, especially with the lantus, 2-3 days is a slightly short margin (thousands of things that alter glycemia can happen and do not let you see clearly if the changeIt has been good or not).

I think you demand too much, as it happens to almost all (but seeing it from the outside is always easier););
145 In a blood glucose after a meal is a very good result ... Until 180 it could be considered acceptable;In addition, he thinks that if you were less than 100 after eating you may have a hypo in the middle or mid -morning ...

I think that in your presentation you comment that your glycosilada is 6.2 or 6.5 that is very good ... perhaps the only thing that lacks you is getting some more stability in glycemia and a certain feeling that you control and handle diabetes (sometimes weIt happens that we lose control and it seems to us that we do everything wrong).

DiabetesForo
08/11/2011 1:27 p.m.

Thank you for the help to everyone, before yesterday night, before bed I had 140 I click 15u de Lantus solostar, yesterday morning when I got up I had 167, lower than the previous days that I had punctured me 17 of Lantus,I thought that 167 was still high but wanted to see how I would arrive before the food and before dinner, my surprise was, that before the food I arrived with 59 and before dinner with 62. He thought that Lantus kept being high than ifI click 15u something I passed at night, to get up with 167 and get well to meals and dinners .. yesterday I decided to do things as God commands, I work in a bakery with my wife, and well although we all know that we have toTaking care always stuck from here or there, and that is fatal, but yesterday I decided to change all this and do it correctly, ate a dish of green beans, who carried ham, carrot, a little potato, onion and 2nd plate 3 ribs 3 ribs 3Of lamb, I did not try the bread (because I did not have roasted without sugars of those) and without going out of the line I click me 10u (which I still think that 10u to eat that is a lot) but a little cleared of 2h to eat the had 80 to 80, I mean that I'm going well, at night my dinner was, 2 grilled squid (little oil) and a little gazpacho, with a little whole thread, I punctuThat they are good results but much insulin for how little it is eaten, I don't know if I forced myRepeal it again to click much lower insulin doses.

Last night before going to bed I got the Lantus to 13u to see how such, dawn and how I would arrive today the meals and dinners, this morning my result was 171mg.Now if I stay a little crazy, and I can think .. lower no, this is not rebound effect .. This is a matter of uploading the lantus, but ... if I upload the lantus .. how I will get to the meals??If with 15U I am already arriving with 60mg, I have to find the medication to the Lantus units to get to breakfast because we all know that 2h to eat, breakfast and dinner, it is a question of what you click and do with theFood, and that I am starting to prepare, going down doses and eating well, that is not my head breaker, since that if it is handled and accepting it, what you eat and what you click, is the fasts that IIt has a little head.

Greetings and thanks for the answers to all.

PD: Quim, and other people, at all I would never offend me or bother your comments, everything you tell me is a basis for learning, I mean that you can comment on anything.I would thank you Quim, if you can guide me a little in portions/insulin etc .. Please, if it can be private ... by here or by mail, I would appreciate it as long as it is to improve, thank you very much.

prz's profile photo
prz
08/12/2011 4:30 a.m.

Hola Prz.
Me alegro que los comentarios no te lo tomes mal y tengas la aptitud tan positiva que es aprender.

La verdad que comentar cosas en privado... pues casi que prefiero hacerlo publico y así todos podemos participar y seguro que alguno dice algo que yo no se y también aprendo jejejejje

Yo lamento decirte que no soy endocrino, dietista, educador nutricional... solo soy una persona como tu con algo en común :-) y te puedo hablar sobre mi experiencia.

Los hidratos de carbono o farináceas o azucares de absorción lenta o azucares compuestos ( es todo lo mismo ) son necesarios para el organismo y siempre hay que consumir un mínimo cada día.
Las azucares de absorción lenta o compuestos están en alimentos como el pan, patata, legumbres, trigo, arroz... es la base de la pirámide alimentaria humana.
El problema es que como nosotros estos azucares no lo podemos absorber necesitamos la insulina para hacerlo.

El truco este en encontrar la cantidad de este alimento consumido diariamente según tu edad, sexo, complexión. y ponerte la insulina justa.

Yo te pondré el ejemplo de mi alimentación un día cualquiera.

09.30h - desayuno ( 4 raciones de carbohidratos)
60gr de cereales con un café con leche.
Bocadillo de 80gramos con café con leche.

Media mañana. ( No como carbohidratos )
Un cafe con leche ( poca leche )
Dos Yogures naturales o uno de frutas.
Una fruta pequeña ( intento que sea bajas en azúcar)

Medio día ( 5 raciones de carbohidratos )
40gr de pan ( 2 raciones)
150 gramos de pasa cocida ( 3 raciones)
Una ensalada
100 gramos de carne o 150 de pescado.

Merienda ( No como carbohidratos )
Un cafe con leche ( poca leche )
Dos Yogures naturales o uno de frutas.
Una fruta pequeña (intento que sea bajas en azúcar)

Cena ( 4 raciones de carbohidratos)
20 gramos de pan (1 ración)
150 gramos de garbanzos con una latita de atún y un huevo cocido/proteínas ( 3 raciones )
Ensalada pequeña.

( te aseguro que hambre no paso, como mucho mas que antes)

Esto es como te digo un pequeño ejemplo de un día normal en mi dieta. Lo más importante es que siempre respetes las raciones para que siempre tengas en el cuerpo una cantidad constante de este tipo de azúcares y no hagas ni hipos ni hipers.

Las raciones de estos alimentos en el foro esta en mil sitios y por Internet seguro que lo encuentras pero para que hagas una idea.

1 ración es

Pasta - 15g en crudo o 50g cocido.
Pan - 20gr
Arroz - 15g curdo o 50g cocido

Una recomendación que aunque sea pesada es que lo peses en una báscula y aunque pase el tiempo sigue haciéndolo ya que cuando se hace de vistazo con el tiempo se desvirtúa las cantidades.

Los alimentos mas compuestos como las croquetas o canelones se aprende la cantidad con el tiempo y la experiencia ejemplo - 2 croquetas=1ración, 3 canelones con su bechamel=5 raciones.

El mundo de la diabetes es muy grande y siempre se pueden aprender cosas.

Después de enrollarme tanto ( y puf nos podríamos enrollar 100 veces mas ) espero que te sirva y te aclare algún concepto pero por favor recuerda --- Yo no soy médico antes de hacer nada consúltalo con un especialista ---

Si tienes cualquier pregunta no dudes en hacerla que aquí somos todos muy majos y nos ayudamos entre todos.

PD: por favor si detectáis algún error hacérmelo saber para poder corregirme en mis pautas.

Abrazos y saludos. Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/12/2011 7:59 a.m.

Quim, lunch or snack that you put on I have some ration of hydrates.
The yogurt (even without sugar) has HC ... just like the small piece of fruit.
But well, it will be 1 or 2 rations of HC ... that you will burn them immediately by little to do something at home or at work, or simply the basal does its work well.
As always, glycemia send and if you reach food or dinner with correct values ​​there is no way to change anything.

DiabetesForo
08/15/2011 1:05 p.m.

Well, first of all thanks to everyone, Quim!for giving me some tips and being able to learn more about diabetes every day.
All this weekend, I have been trying to control the Lantus, today to Tuesday, after a whole weekend of attempts, I give up, I will call the endocrine, I do not know what can happen or I do not know what is happening.
Before the weekend, I have been placing 13-14 thinking that it was a thing of the rebound effect, I got up with 145-195 between those margins when I got up .. The curious thing was that before the meals and the dinners it arrived with 70-80gm "I supposed that this was my amount of daily Lantus" but why!on that peak ??If I go to bed with 120-130mg (something fails), after reading before the weekend and seeing that it could not be rebounded, I decided to change from 13 to 20u, I thought that getting up in the morning with that peak of almost200, it was already due to Lantus, (although I still did not understand why I got well to meals) because before yesterday night I slept with 20u of Lantus, I got up with 301mg, before meals and dinners, dinners,Hicm, I had to eat something, because I arrived sweating .. Last night .. I put 20u, I thought that everything could be an abysmal decompensation and that today I could improve, last night I slept with 115, I click 20u from Lntus, this morning I haveRaised with 309mg .. Now..regar will the food and dinner with almost certain hypo .. and I don't know what to do .. if I punish with 13u .. I reach the meals well and to the dinners, and the bad fasts, if I punctuate a lot of lantus in the morning I introduce me on 309mg and hypo in meals ... I am going crazy, and my educator is on vacation and to which she does not find out on average .. greetings ..

prz's profile photo
prz
08/16/2011 4:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.