Diabetes interview for World Day 2011

HanSolo's profile photo   11/11/2011 6:19 a.m.

Hopefully you are right, Owash, and is getting into another way.
Naturally, someone will be saved, as an individual, but the Federation, as I met her a few years ago, was exactly what you have said: a meeting of friends and little else.
I'm glad things change, or so I wait at least.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/19/2011 6:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, we burn Gondrovo then :)) :))

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 2:50 a.m.

Man, first he has the right to a fair trial, right?

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 7:16 a.m.

Owash, minute 39 and 30 sec.

Alea, you really are right in many things you say.But I think I also have it in others.

As for Fede, you could always do more, but I have been able to verify that it is very complicated, at least today.For two very simple reasons: the first, that we are only 60,000 associates in Spain despite the fact that we represent 4 and a half million !!!!!Little associative consciousness and in conscious, lower representative force, and therefore, lower strength and pressure capacity before our interlocutors.and the second, which we lack unanimity and operability.We have 17 very different health systems and that is a torpedo to the flotation line of an institution such as Fede that represents people with diabetes nationwide.Just because of this detail, we are automatically arise a lot of problems that should not exist, but they exist.Injustices, inequalities, abuses, administrative complications to deal with administration ...

I think Fede has to acquire a more effective work mechanics, and once that occurs, the wheel will work effectively and with greater ease.What I have seen these past years is that this wheel or mechanism is being constituted and consolidated.
And as for people, apart from the fact that it is true that there are always people who may have taken some pleasure to that position, I always value people who without any compensation or compensation, dedicate their free timeTry to help people with diabetes.An ungrateful job, because nobody ever appreciates anything;either at the local level in your association, or at the regional or national level.But I value that effort.And that is why it is a job that burns and wears.That is why I believe that the rotation must be high in these positions.And that's why I said for years that when I was president, I would only be a mandate in my association.And I have done so: in March I finish mandate in Bizkaia, term mandate of Euskadi, I finish my representation in Madrid and my different collaborations in other areas related to diabetes.

I agree with you, Alea, that sometimes you would like everything to be more effective and faster, but it is not easy.I believe that little by little we are improving our union, our claims have more strength, our voice is heard more by society and administration, and ultimately, we gradually acquire the force that our dimension requires;4 and a half million people are a more than considerable volume and I think that if we finish organizing well, our voice has to listen and attend.

By the way, I am smelling of burned chicken and when I look down, I see that a little smoke is coming out of my feet and on the big toe of the right foot I have a little flame.Are you burning me already?:)) :)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/20/2011 12:55 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Associations are a reflection of society.
Diabetes is not "Trendig Topic" that Twitteros say.It is not fashionable.It is not a normal debate issue.It does not go on television and there are no famous people who have it (except the Esteban).
And as it is not seen, because people are not interested and not go to associations.

When it comes out on TV and to a lesser extent in the written/radio press, more calls, visits and consultations are received.Surely in your association this has passed this week.
In the next few less people will go.

And in local associations I am pessimistic, the almost absolute lack of financing will close enough associations and many of its services will disappear or diminish.

Fede's work is double.On the one hand vindictive and representative at national/international level;but for another training, support and joint claim at the local level.
And it is this point where I believe that Fede fails historically ... or you work so that your base grows and is strong or the division between 17 that you comment is eaten the possible force that is had (both by regional political pressures and by eagerness of prominence orselfishness of autonomic representatives of Fede).

Here in Valencia we are experts in bonfires, at a time I amount to a battery and we get 8) what better for a mandate in an NGO ... you would leave in the safe press.: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 3:11 p.m.

Well, Owash, in Cáceres we also celebrate our employer, San Jorge, burning bonfires.

But no, in view of Gondurulo's explanation, I think we must pardon it.Do not burn those who are already burned alone for ungrateful work.

But I firmly believe that Fede should rethink.There are associations, such as cancer, which move a lot.There are, such as cystic fibrosis, which are announced almost in each ambulatory.There are fighting, vindictive, that they hear them ...

The problem of diabetic associations is that it seems that they do not exist.They are quiet, without stirring, and that when they get along.I know the case of Asturias, where the Diabetics Association of the Principality of Asturias is in a small town, such as Luanco, instead of in Oviedo or Gijón, so access is not easy.And that association is faced with that of university diabetics (which I do not know if it has enough members to be considered such) and in issues that you already know have been more worried to cast earth on top of each other than in solving the important issues.Result: we discharged.

I think that having brochures of the association in each consultation of family doctors, in each health center, in each endocrine consultation, would be a good way to make known and get partners.But you have to move, and much, and that is not being done.

By the way.Do you know if there is any association of type 1 diabetics?I think we have enough entity and peculiarity to have own problems and specific peculiarities and needs.I fear that adding the two types does not add strength, but annuls the most aware minority.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 4:40 p.m.

Well, I don't know any type.
Yes, there are young people, the Sweet Catalonia ... It seems that it is quite active, the same as Olguilla knows it more.
I also think there was one for Aragon of parents, right?:-/

I don't think dividing it is the best ... joining forces is usually the most profitable at all levels.
Even with other diseases.It is another of the good things that have tried to do in Fede, participate and collaborate with other associations of different pathologies, which at the time of truth have similar claims.

Having partners is of no use but there are stable structures and services ... people sign up for an association to receive something (because the concept of the pressure group does not exist in Spain, as the Anglo -Saxon countries do).
Diabetes will change at the time it is a public health issue and on the other hand, that it is on everyone's lips, that everyone knows it and that everyone knows its consequences.
That is the difference with cancer.

DiabetesForo
11/21/2011 12:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.