Diabetes interview for World Day 2011

HanSolo's profile photo   11/11/2011 6:19 a.m.

It is not that this is Stricto sensu a news about diabetes, but hey, the "news" is that I talk about diabetes in one of the typical interviews that make you when World Day comes, moment of the year when it seems that everyone youThey pay attention and you are mediatically relevant.Situation that you must take to release the important important messages;that if prevention, that if you demand the health system, that if it alerts the population for the growing prevalence of the disease ...

I feel you don't understand anything.But well, I don't understand a pepper either, because I don't know, and they have logically translated it to me, because the Berria newspaper is in Basque.

I'm on page 5

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2011 6:19 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thanks Grondullo, I will take a look, I am Basque
Greetingsssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/11/2011 6:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You have a face to have diabetes :));) it's a joke

Will you not have it in PDF or similar ???Sangoogle has a nice translator ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2011 11:38 a.m.

Today they have talked about diabetes on the news, relating it to poor diet, even in children.Without clarifying at all that type 1 is autoimmune.
I put very bad with this topic: Evil:

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/14/2011 4:42 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have published it on Facebook.Even the very ovaries I am already.Stereotypes, misinformation and guilt to the patient.System shit.

DiabetesForo
11/14/2011 6:38 p.m.

Well, in the newspaper they speak of diabetes (without specifying) and say that it is a consequence of the bad life habits I do not see it so crazy.They simply omit that 5% of diabetics have a variant that is not related to lifestyle and that is not preventable as type 2. And if you want to mention them, you have to waste time explaining the variants of diabetes, and not alwaysThere is that time.In addition, the proportion is overwhelming in favor of the II.I understand that they talk only to them.It is what is growing alarmingly and the population must be alerted about it.

For example, yesterday in the apparitions in the media, I have focused almost exclusively on type 2, which is the one that is constituting a growing problem and you have to brake.Type 1 is always there, in that proportion, "without making noise."

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/15/2011 3:11 a.m.

Yes, when there is a news in the media, you have to be as precise as possible and think about who is in the other part ... without going any further, I had to justify at Angela each of the news that they haveGiven during these days on TV ... do not imagine with what face it was staying when I heard that in many cases the disease had wreaked havoc in the body and when certain organs were already diagnosed, and as a consequence thekidneys, the lower members, in many cases having to be amputated ... or what you have to take care of the food ... Yes, we are a minority, but we are ... and less bad that I was by his sideTo tell him, do not overwhelm, that they speak of type 2, that you already know that it is a very different diabetes ... come now ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/15/2011 3:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Waste time?Do you think about a waste of time talking about type 1?
If so, then do not say that it is the day of diabetes, but of diabetes 2. Not any time is lost in that.

My daughter is more than tired of hearing questions like why are you diabetic?Comes many sweets?I have heard that it is not moving and that you are going to be blind.

Those are the messages that reach people.

It was more worth that day, so they have some voice, to claim more means, both economic (more control strips, less fights to put bombs, prescribe the best insulins and not obsolete ...) and education as of educationDiabetologicalMany doctors pass from type 2, and they don't even explain what hydrates are.

Diabetes day?No, stereotype day ..

And, if there is no time to explain, you better not celebrate that day, total for what it serves ...

DiabetesForo
11/15/2011 6:34 a.m.

To me, what makes me nerves, is to listen continuously that diabetes is due to obesity and poor diet.It is what we lacked parents, that we look like the culprits of our children's disease.
In addition, people think that with feeding well and avoiding obesity are already free of having diabetes, and perhaps there are so many cases without diagnosing.They always forget to cite the trigger autoimmune, with which lately type 2 is also being related.
If it was reported that diabetes also appears in thin people, surely the diagnoses would be more early.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/15/2011 11:42 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Lose time?Do you think about a waste of time talking about type 1?
If so, then do not say that it is the day of diabetes, but of diabetes 2. Not any time is lost in that.

My daughter is more than tired of hearing questions like why are you diabetic?Comes many sweets?I have heard that it is not moving and that you are going to be blind.

Those are the messages that reach people.

It was more worth that day, so they have some voice, to claim more means, both economic (more control strips, less fights to put bombs, prescribe the best insulins and not obsolete ...) and education as of educationDiabetologicalMany doctors pass from type 2, and they don't even explain what hydrates are.

Diabetes day?No, stereotype day ..

And, if there is no time to explain, you better not celebrate that day, total for what is useful ...

I used to bothered me before, but the truth, I have long understood that media attention focuses on the majority and overwhelming diabetes, which is becoming its own merits into a global pandemic, which is getting that it has reached that it has reachedBrutal and devastating 13% of the affected adult population.And within diabetes, type 1 are a residual group, we want or not.It is a disease that occurs a case for every XX thousand.We are just over 5% of the total diabetics.And in addition, we are people who, in their almost entirely, and due to the abrupt nature of this modality, we are perfectly trained from the day one of our disease.And for that and for many other reasons, we are not as news as type 2, and above all, because type 2 are the authentic diabetes problem.They are the group in which that 50% of the total people with diabetes are found that do not have it.They are the group that have no adherence to treatment.They are the collective that say "I have a little sugar", and then Paco passes with the reduction.Because they are the ones that generate complications, which generate the social cost of diabetes, and those that also generate the huge economic cost for the health system.

I perfectly understand that they talk about them.Because in addition, in this year 2011, as last year, motto is education.And above all, that motto, that desire to get educated patients addresses them, to type 2, which are the ones that form that 90% of diabetics who have never received diabetological education.

I have not said that you "waste time" for talking about a type 1. what I have said is that when they talk about diabetes (in general) I can understand that they say it is a consequence of bad life habits.What they do is that 5% of diabetics have a variant that is not related to lifestyle and that is not preventable as type 2. And if you want to limit that detail, you need a time that you do not have on television.
For example, I have not cited almost type 1 in my media appearances this year.The motto of education and the figures that I have commented (among other things) are clearly the preserve of type 2, which are really the problem of diabetes.

And you are right that many doctors should consider what they tell patients.I have always said it.One of the problems of the lack of adhesion to treatment by this group is its non -awareness of the disease.We could not understand that a doctor tells us "you have some mononucleosis."Well here either."A little sugar" is an unacceptable diagnosis.That person will never be aware of what he has in hands and of course, nor will he take the appropriate measures to be treated.

Regina, when it is said that diabetes is preventable and is a consequence of bad life habits,logically they refer to type 2. What is incomplete information?flatly yes.But I insist, omissions apart, the problem of diabetes has a huge 2, and we are not in that group.Which does not take away of course, so that we are attended as it is due, and we are provided with the coverage and benefits to which we are entitled.And sometimes being the minority group in diabetes has harmed us in certain benefits.I think that both worlds should be separated very well, because the truth, they have nothing to do (or at least not in their initial stages; when a type 2 is already insulinized, it is another issue).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/15/2011 12:03 p.m.

Well, I still do not agree.

I do not believe that reiterating again and again the same stereotype has the slightest utility.That is not diabetological education, or attention call, nor does it serve absolutely at all.Even if type 1 is omitted, it is of little use to type 2 that supposed awareness, if later the doctor will tell him that "nothing to be measured at home, that a control one week in the ambulatory and ready"

No, that day, if they serve something "of something" is to claim, to stop showing that the patients of type 1 diabetes lack the advisable means and that type 2 lack that and education.

Using that day to, instead of claiming, repeating stereotypes is to waste that time that you say you don't have.

And the message that should be very clearly in society (and, above all, in the health authorities) you had pointed it yourself: "Every euro invested in prevention saves 20 euros to the system in complications.

The rest are pamplins.

DiabetesForo
11/15/2011 12:43 p.m.

I already comment on Laura's thread (the girl who had sent her home with a meter and that in a few days we will put insulin ...)

I think that of sensitizing the corporate does not end.Attention to the second comment of 20minutos.es (I do not put the first because it is still sad1218576/0/Diabetes/Habitos/Food/"> Link ... Mentacion/ )

It is a penalty and not only because of the medical issue, but also becauseI explain ... there are many people who do not like needles, we all know that, so when they see a person injecting the insulin into the belly, that I have seen it, because the same does a bit of repelús through the needleSmall that is yes, but after all, and then the shame that many diabetics feel that people know that they have that disease and have to go to the bathroom to be injected, and this can be a handicap for the social...
Of course this is the big problem of the diabetic: what the neighbor of my needles will think:-/:-/

Maybe I should change the focus of that day: sensitize doctors.That those of header had totally forbidden to treat a diabetic with insulin.That in the emergency room they knew what a diabetic is and what treatment can be given (real history, .. it happened to me. I reached the emergency room, they took my bomb and asked me how many units you put up to date I told him that 30 and I find myselfconnected to a 4 -hour dropper that put 30 U.I.
That heaviness with repeating the same news again and again, will anyone stop going to McDonals so as not to be diabetic?The answer is no.More would be worth denouncing these negligence and stopping self -ability to suffer from a disease.Send a newspaper to talk about this and I still hope to answer.Yesterday's news was bad to food and diabetes.

tica's profile photo
tica
11/15/2011 1:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well I still do not agree.

I do not believe that reiterating again and again the same stereotype has the slightest utility.That is not diabetological education, or attention call, nor does it serve absolutely at all.Even if type 1 is omitted, it is of little use to type 2 that supposed awareness, if later the doctor will tell him that "nothing to be measured at home, that a control one week in the ambulatory and ready"

No, that day, if they serve something "of something" is to claim, to stop showing that the patients of type 1 diabetes lack the advisable means and that type 2 lack that and education.

Using that day to, instead of claiming, repeating stereotypes is to waste that time that you say you don't have.

And the message that should be very clearly in society (and, above all, in the health authorities) you had pointed it yourself: "Every euro invested in prevention saves 20 euros to the system in complications.

The rest are pamplinas.

There are so many messages that we could give that day ... The problem is that we only have one day of glory and the rest of the year we have no capacity to reach the rest of the world.And in those 30 seconds of newspaper in which we talk about World Day, you have to try to say the most essential.I believe that honestly, today, the problem of type 2 is much greater than that of the ration of type 1 material, or anything else.If we do not alert about the situation of type 2, in a few years the health system collapses and then forget that they give you even a boat boat, Alea.That is the problem.Egoistically, we must focus on type 2. And in prevention, not only of type 2, but on an improvement in life habits, which also affects our children, because it is unacceptable that there is 25% childhood obesity, and that more and more cases of type 2 diabetes in children.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/16/2011 4:34 a.m.

I agree with Gondullo and Alea, at the same time: Mrgreen:

The figures of complications and mortality grease it by greater percentage type 2.
Half of type 2 patients, at the time of diagnosis, already suffer from a complication directly related to diabetes.
40% are without diagnosing, and more than 75% have glying above 7.5%.
Eye, kidney, heart and feet reviews shine by their absence in most cases.
I have already counted many times that the average gyrus per patient in 2009 was less than 1, in the Valencian Community.
Diabetological education is non -existent in primary care ...

Anyway, a long list of things that we have commented many times and that make diabetes, in general, in such a catastrophic situation.
All this steps overly that the pompous world day focuses priority, that not exclusively, on them.

In the Spanish associative fabric (grondullo correct me if that ...) the associations have a wide base of type 1 patients (percentage I speak), usually quite vindictive ... and a major base (in number) of type 2 patients,On another profile, let's say "festival", less vindictive and more follower.
So we find the paradox that many associations are governed by type 1 (or type 3 failing) and claim the rights and needs of type 2, when in my opinion it should be the opposite (at least by number of affected).

World Day, it is really complicated to serve something, but directly affect you ... Think about the rest of the diseases that also have their world day ... for example, neuromuscular diseases that was yesterday 15, how many of youYou found out and how many did you read any information?

When you talk to people who suffer from other diseases, they have the same complaints that you are raising regarding the message that occurs these world days and/or in certain TV information or thematic reports.

For me, the important thing is to work to change the basic structures, how the sick are treated, to take care of their primary needs according to their medical, social and personal characteristics.
Spending so much effort, involvement of volunteer and money invested in "weeks of the diabetic", various talks, marketing controls in the market, press releases etc ... It does not make much sense but is accompanied by continuity and a job of change of change of change ofAncient and harmful structures for the patient.

And that is what is not possible to change, especially in type 2.

I finish this tocho with an example:
How is it possible that the uselessness of monthly blood glucose control in type 2 patients be maintained?: Shock:
No one can find a rational use of this, neither primary doctors, neither endocrine nor educators not even patients understand why this ...
But it doesn't take off.

Jo, go rollazo that I have solta: oops :: |

DiabetesForo
11/16/2011 1:47 p.m.

Owash, indeed, type 1 are people who, due to the nature of our disease, we have from the beginning an awareness and an implication with it much greater than type 2. We are absolutely adherent, as health professionals say.And the result of this pectorality of type 1 is the fact that we cope with much of the associative fabric in this country.

The day this changes (and I want it), we can finally see type 2 involved. But for that they have to change many things that today do not see very feasible that they happen.It could be said that the whole problem is derived from the little consciousness of the sick that many of type 2 have:

- Much of type 2 are not aware of their illness (in fact, almost half or know).
- Of those who know it, many are not aware of what they have and therefore, they do not have or feel any need to educate or even less belong to an association (the famous problem of "I have some sugar", generated in noFew cases by the doctor who treats him, who is unacceptably yerra in the way of informing his patient from the problem).
- The high average age of type 2 makes that percentage are much less the possible candidates to enter the associations to fight for people with diabetes.

All that fish of pecualiarities make up the notorious passivity of the "block" of type 2 throughout this matter, although as Owash has said, they are the ones who mostly draw the diabetes statistics black.It is true that there are many things that the health system should improve or avoid in the treatment of type 2 diabetes, but it is no less true (and this is also part of ours) that type 2 cannot continue to be thus alien to theillness and everything that surrounds him, because if we continue like this, as he said before, the system will make catopum and then we will pay all the consequences.We must help this improve.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/17/2011 3:58 a.m.

That nobody dreams here with a cure for type 1 diabetes or some kind of substantial improvement because, if not even we fight for what affects us who will do it?

To die of disgust touches.

DiabetesForo
11/17/2011 11:07 a.m.

In the thread of that unease that we are debating in the thread about the supposed disqualification of type 1 on the overwhelming majority of type 2, I leave this interview last Monday by the ETB on the occasion of World Day.
More than one knows that he will not like it :)) :)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/18/2011 4:20 a.m.

Tell us in which minute of the video is going ... because I am not going to suck 2 hours twenty video: mrgreen :: mrgreen:

And couldn't a TV weekly program on diabetes be done?
English course but with diabetological education: D
I don't think it was so difficult to do it ... the thirst and multitude of medical organizations would surely collaborate.
Financing is the brake, I suppose ... but it is a matter of imagination and work because there is only money, you just have to look for it well.

There are thousands of documentaries, varied series and TV programs with private financing and long permanence in TV grills, even with repeated repositions.
Why couldn't a stable, formative and dissemination program be created on diabetes?

DiabetesForo
11/19/2011 2:54 a.m.

Well, I reiterate what was said:

Diabetes Day is a stupidly useless day.
It does not serve to raise awareness of primary doctors, who are the causes to a large extent of the lack of awareness of type 2.
It does not serve to raise awareness among type 2 "passages", because the messages are repetitive year after year, without providing useful initiatives.Only manid stereotypes.

As for Fede and company, I have already had the opportunity to see what foot they limp.They care more who is president, or who has a cargo, or things like that really imply in demanding from health authorities a true shock plan, with screening, with nutritional and diabetological education for all, type 1 and type 2.

The rest, pamplins and desire to go out in the photo.

DiabetesForo
11/19/2011 10:39 a.m.

Woman, that some of Fede will have to be saved, right? ...
We could even save Gondrullo from burning him at the stake ... but who will invite us to some skewers when we go through Bilbao?8) :))

If we derive the debate towards Fede, I think it is fair to say that, against my forecasts, it has entered a good path.Professionalizing daily management and carrying matters in a less fans way ... that until very recently it was little less than a meeting of friends to have drinks.
Professionalize is not to collect a salary, like some that I know ... but work with professional criteria and methods: a accounting is a person with a degree and experience to do so, not someone we pay to do that ... I don't knowIf I am understood: Shock:
Now only the charges are renewed ... that it seems that the presidential armchairs are from Sky, of what they stick.

DiabetesForo
11/19/2011 3:27 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.