Diabetic plates

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/02/2009 8:27 a.m.

Do you think it would be convenient for all diabetics to have to carry an identifying plaque as a diabetic?
It is what I told my doctor and he told me that if something happened to me in the hospital, the first thing they do is an analysis and they will see that it happens to you. I found the answer somewhat strange because if you carry an identification it is alwaysBetter, right?
If I do not carry anything that proves that I am diabetics if I have a hypoglycemia.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/02/2009 8:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Many diabetics carry identification.
Some simply carry a kind of card or card in the wallet.Others carry a little plate around the neck, and some opt for a bracelet.
I see it useful, because when there is an emergency, the first thing they look at is if there is any identification of blood group and possible diseases.
I bought my daughter a silver pimp in a jewelry, with her name recorded on the one hand and the word "diabetic" in the other.Now, with 15 years he does not want to put it on, but he also changes his mind.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/02/2009 8:38 a.m.

I see the identification chapita as a matter of personal security, I mean, that carrying it gives you more security when making normal life (or not so normal).
I took it some stories months after debuting and then I kept it in a drawer ...

Yes, it is true that they open the bag and see the glucometer and insulin ... it is not necessary to be very talled to deduce that I have diabetes.:-/

DiabetesForo
11/02/2009 12:51 p.m.

If you are right, it is not necessary to be very waspao but, of course, then it is supposed to have the control notebook wherever?because I only have to control myself three times a week and keep it at home (I talk about control with the ACCU-Chek the glucose meter)
Gácias

DiabetesForo
11/02/2009 2:39 p.m.

I have it whenever I leave home.Because?Because if I go running I do not carry another documentation, neither the meter, nor the insulin ...

Let's put in the worst case, you go down the street alone, without any acquaintance, you have a hiccambulance .... The toilets quickly check dolls and neck.At that time they already know what happens to you (or that it is more likely to spend) inject you glucagon, and the hospital.

You have saved time, they have not had to look for the portfolio (if you have not lifted the first one that tried to revive you) when you see the meter in your pocket, they do not have to assume that if, that it is yours, and that you do not take it to repairAnd that is really your father.They have not had to take you to the hospital and make an analysis (minimum 20 minutes ...)

In short, it does not bother, it does not hurt, it is not expensive ... and it can help you at a given time.Let's not forget Murphy's laws ......

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/03/2009 4:10 a.m.

Well, what you say has foundation and it is consistent because of course you are not always accompanied ..., in that I had not thought, and see that I have already had several hypoglycemia but I always carry something with sugar and when I notice my symptoms I am alreadyTaking and resting somewhere until it happens to me.
Are the diabetic bracelets special or are the name and that you are diabetic?
Thanks colleagues.

DiabetesForo
11/03/2009 8:20 a.m.

I do not remember now the name of a policy, I think it was Francisca Sauquillo, who lost a son not long ago, fainted in the street because of hypoglycemia and did not attend him because they thought he was a drunk :( ..... Iroot of that news I set out to make a little plate especially because I often go to run alone and I never ended it: oops: now I carry the bomb and I think that is enough but it does not hurt to take an identification to facilitate things ifsomething happens ....: |

DiabetesForo
11/03/2009 10:50 a.m.

True, Prado, was the son of Paca Sauquillo.
Sad and piercing.

DiabetesForo
11/03/2009 2:40 p.m.

Well, I carry the little plaque hanging around the neck since I debute, and I am always calmer because of what can happen, I carry my initials in front and diabetics and the allergies that I have and the blood group, I have been for 19 years and it is always better

barry's profile photo
barry
11/04/2009 6:45 a.m.

I carry my personal anagram (two seahorses intertwined by the tail) the name, the blood group, and that I am diabetic.

That is enough.

It never is more.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/04/2009 10:07 a.m.

Well, I think it will be convenient to make a little plate to hang it that does not hurt.
Many grace by your advice
GRACIAS TO ALL

DiabetesForo
11/04/2009 11:25 a.m.

You are right, I think it is essential that in case of urgency a person with diabetes is identified as such rapidly, but ..... before an emergency, a demand, etc.Does anyone see a plaque that is carried on the neck?I think that the ideal would be to use, a badge that was known throughout the world, that is, a universal badge, a symbol or something similar that someone else to see it knows it, although for that the Federation of Diabétiocos associations of Spain would have toPutting to work is very important.

DiabetesForo
11/22/2009 8:52 p.m.

The toilets that come to emergencies have an action protocol, which includes neck and wrist review (plates and bracelets) and the documentation of the wounded-accidental.Keep in mind that it is not just diabetes, that there are many people with drug allergies.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/23/2009 3:39 a.m.

He did not know that the health personnel had that protocol of action, but if so, we will have to worry about having that little plate around the neck, it will be the best

DiabetesForo
11/24/2009 7:04 p.m.

Well, I also seemed interesting to me, so I made Juan a silver plate, like the one that says Alea, with a black cord and his name ahead and behind the diabetic word, but as he trains basis almost every day andHe plays matches on weekends, they prohibit him from carrying anything metallic, so the plate will be in the anchon of his backpack:-/.If it is !!!

DiabetesForo
11/25/2009 1:01 p.m.

I already wore my plaque with my allergies around the neck before starting diabetes, then I just had to add it ... I always carry it, although now I do not know where I have it, I take it off a few times, I have to look for it and come backTo put it on me.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
12/10/2009 7:27 a.m.

I carry an identifying card in the wallet and a plaque in the neck

Marsi's profile photo
Marsi
01/12/2010 12:09 p.m.

And in all these plaquitas I suppose that in most I will say "diabetic" or "diabetic" or that they also call themselves "person with diabetes"

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
01/12/2010 12:29 p.m.

Anapp

I have always taken the spit hanging from my chain around my neck.Although at first, when I was young, I spent like Alea's daughter, who did not want to put her because I "identified" me as sick, and it was something I didn't stand.But after that stage, I put it on it and I have always taken it, with the word "diabetic" and my blood group.
I think that in a situation of maximum emergency, presupposing things that will do those who attend us is a lot to presuppose.Time and reflection in these situations are scarce, so you have to make it very easy.The more, the better.
And if it is not La Chapita, a card in the portfolio is the best solution, because it goes to it when you want to find data from that injured person.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/13/2010 3:25 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello everyone, I wouldn't get me to have it, but the first thing they look at is blood glucose.:))

DiabetesForo
01/14/2010 1:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.