Question about two foods

onecom's profile photo   11/19/2011 7:25 p.m.

Hello, I am new in this and how things are discovered because I have tried two foods that make this get better.

Specifically, they are rye bread and comprehensive spelled flour can you eat these kinds of things passing or do you have to have moderation?.

I say it because I was a crazy white bread and now by obligation I go to Centeno's and with the comprehensive spelled flour I found Croisants, Napolitanas, many kinds of sweets but without light sugar this and also found a base of pizzas.

I am of type 2 and I have half a daily pills for now.

Any comments helps.

Greetings; OneCom

onecom's profile photo
onecom
11/19/2011 7:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very basically:
Everything that runs, nothing or flies are proteins, that is, fish or meats.
Everything that is born from Earth + milk is carbohydrates.

Carbohydrates are assimilated by the body and become glucose, which makes the muscles work.
Excessive protein consumption leads the body to store proteins in the form of glucose.In themselves they do not raise blood glucose.

The ideal is to consume both types of foods in the amounts that agree to each one.

To your question, rye and any flour will raise blood glucose ... against more we will raise blood glucose.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 2:49 a.m.

You also have to be careful with foods labeled as "sugar without diabetic", many of them are rich in fat and potingues that make flavor enhance ...
As for carbohydrates, better of slow absorption than quickly and as Owash says, in the appropriate amounts ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2011 6:14 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello thanks for the answers I am clear that it is best to look at the nutritional info that is not worth guiding by the large sign that says for diabetics.Take out of a doubt that I have to look more at the nutritional info to know if I imagine that the product should not contain sugar and something more perhaps?

On the other hand, the definition made by the partner of what is born from the earth or what runs or flies.I have stayed thinking and say that vegetables are very good for us and I never saw a lettuce fly or much less run: mrgreen :: mrgreen: seriously this is the excepection right?

About meat I think the duck does not come good to me and I like it a lot and I do not talk about the fish better because I don't like any except squid but rebozados.The octopus and the samon but when I am smoked I think I can tell you goodbye.

onecom's profile photo
onecom
11/20/2011 2:11 p.m.

Well, vegetables are no exception but the rule.

There are foods with more carbohydrates and others with less.
The vegetables are the ones that have the least ...
Here you have a fairly extensive table: Link ... /05_02.htm </a

15 gr of carbohydrates are equivalent to an increase, more or less, 50 mg/dl of blood glucose.

In the case of non -insulin -dependent type 2, it is best to take slow absorption hydrates so as not to overload a touched pancreas.
In the case of insulin -dependent, you have to adjust ultrarapid insulin to the amount of hydrates

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 2:53 p.m.

Factors that make absorption more quickly: Link ... ion/02.htm

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 2:55 p.m.

Hello, in this, I no longer dare to answer, because every thing I put van and they do me against.And sodbre all the other day they put me "you have to eat hydrates because yes"
And I give an opinion that is neither worse nor better than another.But contradicting contradiction I see him badly.
Well I answer you to see how long it takes for me to do.
In bread when it is integral, it is better because fiber slows the absorption of hydrates.But white can also eat.
Regarding vegetables are free, that is to say until you are.Such as spinach, chard, cucumber, carrot, leeks, tomatoes, onion, garlic, lettuce, that nothing more and less than 300grams equals a ration of 10 grams of sugars.
Regarding the tables, the first to look at them and learn them and then say that there are two types, one that put the hydrates of each food per 100 grams and others that indicate "the glycemic load" that is to say the time it takes to move on to theBlood the food ingested.
Well, from the proteins I don't put anything because there are people who are too much against me.Eye without giving any argument.
My opinion is that at night they are very advisable in type two.
Aver 150 chicken breast, accompanied by a salad, which contribute almost nothing of hydrates, they see it badly.
Well, a very healthy dinner.
They tell me about Atkins and Duncan diets, that has enough to do with what I say about dinner.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
11/20/2011 3:40 p.m.

This table has made me happy because it includes the Mac Donald's and I have it far to give the leg: Mrgreen :: Mrgreen:

You say that 15 gr of carbohydrates are about 50.m.170mg/dl?

I have not yet adopted insulin I am in type 2 but I am also what is said of a good year and work sitting all day that logically does not help even if I do not complain at least at least work as this is.

I expose this to study the table thoroughly because it is very helpful.

Greetings to all of the club that we never sign to enter

onecom's profile photo
onecom
11/20/2011 3:47 p.m.

No one is against you.
This is a forum where opinions are issued ... some in favor and others against.
Nothing else.

No one says you have to eat hydrates because yes.
The mixture of carbohydrates+proteins is, nutritionally, the healthiest.
All diets recommended by endocrine include carbohydrates in breakfast, food and dinner ... as well as proteins.
And this is because metabolizing food is what costs the most effort to the organs of the body, including the pancreas.
For example. Do you think about this?:-/

When we talked about eating only proteins, we referred to the proteins consumed in excess become")
Do you think this link is enough or do you need more information?

Then, with his life and customs, each one does what he wants, but reality and theory is what it is.

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 4:09 p.m.

You say that 15 gr of carbohydrates are about 50.m.170mg/dl?

I have not yet adopted insulin I am in type 2 but I am also what is said of a good year and work sitting all day that logically does not help even if I do not complain at least at least work as this is.

It is essential that you try to find hole to exercise and lose some weight.Better every day a little, even if they are 20 minutes, but that is every day.
Exercise improves insulin sensitivity and gaining weight will also improve insulin resistance.

Regarding what you ask ... this does not work in type 2.
Your pancreas still produces its own insulin, but either produces small quantity or there are difficulties to reach the different organs of the body or the 2 things at the same time
When you eat, the endocrine system is responsible for sending signal to the pancreas to produce the necessary insulin for the food you have eaten.
Insulin will collect the food and take it inside the muscles and organs of the body.
So if you eat 10-15 gr of carbohydrates glycemia, after 1 or 2 hours you can upload a little less than 50, but it will rise to you.
If you had no diabetes, it would rise to you to 140-150 figures but would immediately fall to 90-110 normality at the time and something after having eaten.

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 4:19 p.m.

Let's see, Juanqui:

Here we are too busy helping to dedicate ourselves to going against anyone because.

It was I who said that it was not advisable to suppress the hydrates, and I did not say yes, but because it is recommended according to experts, and because the lack of hydrates can generate ketones.

As for the Atkins and Dukan diets, I have put them as an example of diets that advocate the elimination of hydrates, and their consequences, but I have not done it because yes, but to, precisely, give arguments (those that you say that we do not give) That they support my exhibition.

I do not know you, nor do I have anything against you, so it seems very pretentious that you think that I take care of me or that we take care of you, simply because yes.

We do not think the same, and each one gives their opinion, based on their knowledge, their experience, etc.If every time someone gives a different opinion you take it as a personal attack, I think you have a problem.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/20/2011 4:50 p.m.

Does anyone know a website that has dishes recipes for diabetics, and that is good?, or any website with recipes for the Thermomix?

Thank you
Inma

DiabetesForo
01/15/2012 7:39 a.m.

There are no recipes or food for people with diabetes.
Everything is a matter of proportions and frequencies, in addition to the type of diabetes.

If you refer to recipes with nutritional information or elaborated based on sweeteners, I link a blog of a foreras: Link
Few places you will find with better recipes and better explained.

DiabetesForo
01/15/2012 8:37 a.m.

Good night,

I'm going to put this question here, since I think I link ... as seen in my firm I have a 10 -year -old girl, a new bomb user, since he has been pump(patio time) Princess cookies and snack a chocolate sandwich and for discounted breakfast with Maria cookies (this is what has long had breakfast).

With these aliemes of high glycemic index, good control can be carried out, can glycemia curves be achieved without large spikes, can a good glycosylated hemoglobin be achieved?

Thanks in advance.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/17/2012 7:19 p.m.

The insulin bomb improves regarding the freedom to eat and when to eat it but it is not the Holy Grail, and this must make it understand the little one.You must first keep in mind that although the insulin pump injects insulin continuously and by bowling it can correct the glycemia the main thing is to try that the glycemia are not high so that they have to be corrected.

In the food you intend to take, the problem of sugar has but the type of sugar they contain is not soPunctual hyperglycemia, since once it goes up it is more difficult to go down.

It all depends on its metabolism and how your glycemia behaves in terms of these foods, if for example before breakfast a milk and cookies base, a bolus is made of for example 10 units for 10 carbohydrates 5 minutes before you eat itAnd in the postprandial it has a blood glucose of 220 is not so much the problem that little insulin has been introduced but when it has been introduced.

I do not know if I am explaining well what I mean, the problem of foods that contain refined sugar is not so much sugar but at what speed that sugar in the blood is metabolized.Of course, taking some care and controlling the amounts and their reaction to them the girl can eat these foods and learn to handle with this kind of food.

Sorry for the roll and I hope I have thrown some light into your doubt.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
01/18/2012 3:46 a.m.

Yes Martina, you can, another thing is that it is due.Of course we can and must eat everything but I were or not diabetic to my son would not give him every day to snack or cookies, or chocolate, no sweet, or pastries.
Anyway, I see that you have a continuous sensor, so it will be easier to see how glycemias behaves after eating what you mention.

DiabetesForo
01/18/2012 5:32 a.m.

... Everything depends on its metabolism and how your blood glucose behaves in terms of these foods, if for example before breakfast a base of milk and cookies, aBolus for example 10 units for 10 carbohydrates 5 minutes before eating it and in the postprandial it has a blood glucose of 220 is not so much the problem that little insulin has been introduced but when it has been introduced ....

Thanks for answering me,

I do not understand the explanation of this paragraph, does it mean that I must put the insulin for a while before I am going to eat this type of food: cookies, snacks?And if so, how long before?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/20/2012 5:24 p.m.

Yes Martina, you can, another thing is that it is due.Of course we can and must eat everything but I were or not diabetic to my son would not give him every day to snack or cookies, or chocolate, no sweet, or pastries.
Anyway I see that you have a continuous sensor, so it will be easier to see how glycemias behaves after eating what you mention.

I think I have not explained myself well,: D I do not intend to give bolleria to my girl, want and want to eat cookies and snacks and also vegetables, fruit, fish, we are varied.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/20/2012 5:40 p.m.

What Mei points out (I believe 8)) is that it does not matter so much the immediate rise of glycemia due to the possible sugars that it carries but the subsequent climb that is produced by the fats and how difficult it is for the body to process those foods.
That is why Prado points out that the glycemic sensor will give you a lot of information in this regard.

The important thing, too, is that abusing continuously of these foods leads to an excessive intake of kcal, gain of body weight and greater needs of insulin and even insulinators.
And on this side, perhaps, it is where you could "attack": D to your girl and convince him that this way of thinking is not good.

DiabetesForo
01/21/2012 6:18 a.m.

I think that a child who has no overweight, who does not have cholesterolemia, that has a balanced diet, that I know that it is the case of Martina, that puts insulin units according to their weight, can and in fact, must, must,Eat everything, even princess cookies, snacks, including some chocolate from time to time, or breakfast with Marías .... I think you are treating this post from the point of view of an adult, do not forget that one in aBoy apart from food, the social issue must be taken into account, a more important for them ... The question is to learn how the new foods that the girl wants to eat, knowing the rations of carbohydrates they contain, the rations that they contain, theglycemic index of them, in order to apply the Bolus in the proper way and avoid hyperglycemia as far as possible.Fortunately, Martina has an insulin pump and a continuous meter, which in this process will be of great help.

Already finally say that I have 2 daughters, and my non -diabetic daughter I have not fed by system with insane food, but if sometimes you had to eat a bag (chetos, doritos, potatoes), a kitkat, orA bun, he has eaten them ... and Angela too.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/22/2012 7:57 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.