Question about two foods

onecom's profile photo   11/19/2011 7:25 p.m.

I also think like you, Velia.One of the worst things that can happen to a child with diabetes is that it gets depressed because the strict diet produces a lot of frustration.With the treatments that are now, you can eat what I would eat if I did not have diabetes, (provided it has a balanced diet), and that advantage must be taken advantage of, because the acceptance of diabetes and its adhesion to treatment will be much greater.
I say it from experience.In routine analysis, cholesterol is already monitored and controlled.
Kisses: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/22/2012 10:22 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

At last my question has been understood, I began to think that all the potatoes and breasts were on the weekend or did not have a computer by hand: d.My question is (it is still :)) about how to manage insulin, with snack -type foods or cookies: types of bowling (square, dual, normal), temporal basal ...
I intend to eat snacks to snack, not to eat, or for dinner and cookies occasionally at the time of the patio.I don't want to feed it based on sandwiches and cookies.
Thank you very much to all the opinions are worth me.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/22/2012 4:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had not seen this post.

First of all, I think the concept of a child should be prevail as being in an environment and with circumstances.In that sense, the one that the girl can do the same as the other children, at least occasionally, is essential, especially for her emotional health.

Try that a child "understand" that he must follow a balanced, exact, rigid meal regime ... will not lead him more than frustration and, as has happened to Celia, rebellion and disorder, if notto chaos.And that battle, which I suppose is not only due to the rigid feeding of the beginning, we are still pouring it, as you know.

Diabetic children have the need to know that, from time to time, you can eat a sweet, or ice cream, or jelly beans.What needs to be done is to try that this is an extra and that they know how to administer with insulin.

But I think that was not the question, but how it should be handled with insulin when it started snacks, for example, of chocolate to snack, or Maria cookies.

The answer will not like you, because it is: it depends.

It depends on whether you are going to exercise or sit in class after eating those things.It depends on previous blood glucose.It depends on the type of bread, chocolate, the fats it carries, etc.You will have to test and correct until you find the most appropriate.In general, if there are fats, it is better to bow down a dual or square bolus, to counteract the slowdown in the abortion of hydrates.

He is at a great age to learn to handle and to learn that he can eat everything whenever he adopts precautions.

Of course, abusing is not good, it is diabetic or not.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/24/2012 3:12 p.m.

Thank you very much,

I will try to understand that he can eat everything, but with a substance.And let's see if we take experience soon with these foods so as not to take scares.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
01/24/2012 4:50 p.m.

Thanks for answering me,

I do not understand the explanation of this paragraph, does it mean that I must put the insulin for a while before I am going to eat this type of food: cookies, snacks?And if so, how long before?

Sorry to explain quite bad XD, in short, what I mean that in the case of type food, chocolate, pastries, etc ... the problem is not given by the total food of the food, but by its curve ofaction.
I give you an example: if the girl takes half a chocolate table in a sandwich, they are saying 10-12 rations of carbohydrates, for example, and the girl is injected at that time the 10-12 relevant units (depending onYour sensitivity index), first will give you a decrease dueInitial dose of 7 or 8 units and the rest extended to about 2.3 or even more hours, which is complicated at least, but not impossible.

Another annotation: bowling to be and always depending on preprandial blood glucose should always put them before ingesting food to avoid punctual increases.The action of insulin say perceptible is at 10-15 minutes so if you take a food with a quick action curve you can find a high blood glucose immediately after eating.

It all depends on metabolism, this may seem to you at the beginning but calm that you will already dominate it, your daughter can and should eat everything as long as it takes due control and that is only learned based on an error test.

Finally, there are foods that have few hydrates, and they rise to the bread, for example, fried worms and this kind of chucheías, which are in my opinion preferable to chocolate and less complicated to control.

Sorry again for the entire roll and greetings.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
01/24/2012 5:41 p.m.

I am going to tell you about my experience, that I do not say that it is ideal.My son is 6 years old, three years ago, he always debuted, but he has always eaten "normal", in fact to the little one to debut we realized that the child foods with sweeteners felt fatal, so habitual consumption foods likeyogurts and cookies are with sugar.If you go to a birthday, you eat what you want, at home we usually have some extra, if when you buy it you are low, you eat some sweets, go like any child.For the school always carries a snack, fruit and cookies, cheeses and bread sticks, sometimes Nocilla sandwich, rice pancakes with chocolate, what is supposed to have to snack a child in the school?.I can't tell you how long you have to wait or how much insulin you have to put, that will have to do it.An example, the girl has 100 glycemia, feed four rations of chocolate cookies, puts on the corresponding and immediately eat bolus, surely touches 200 in a Plis, insulin takes about 15 minutes to start taking effect, toThat must be added that the previous glycemia was 100, that without being high it is not the same as from 70. For meals with much of everything (proteins, sugars, fats) the dual bolus and squares are great.We for something as punctual as the Cole's snack do not use square bolus, but at home for the main meals yes.My son also carries the paradigm I see with the continuous meter, and well, it is easier for us, I think that for those who do not have a meter.
As for the concept of "normal" eating, we must say that we are talking about a healthy and balanced diet, in my house they do not enter precooked, everything is homemade, which does not mean that we only eat grilled breast with salad, I callEat normal, to the lentils, macaroni, cooked, ricecles etc, we go the whole life.In the case of my son I try to compensate, if he eats battered fish or croquettes, he was accompanied by salad, I have noticed that the fried are easier to control.It's a matter of testing.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/25/2012 1:33 p.m.

Thank you very much for the tips,

We have started eating snacks to snack and the occasional cookie in the patio, we do not use square or dual bolus since with this feed rhythm it is eating every three hours.We have not yet tried hooks but they are bought for this weekend, celebration of Dad's birthday.

A hug

Martina's profile photo
Martina
02/01/2012 3:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.