Do you have to be controlled?

sweety's profile photo   02/08/2010 7:13 a.m.

Hello good,

I've been in the forum for only a few days.I've been reading things about the bombs ... I've been trying to ask for a long time.In Andalusia I was on the waiting list and never touched me.And now that I am in Madrid, I told my endo and has entered him by one ear and out of another ... He has not told me anything again ... He is still obfuscated that he gets good levels, so my question is... Is it necessary to be controlled to give me a bomb?

Tomorrow I have endo, so I will remember it again, to see what he tells me.

Thank you!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/08/2010 7:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Click that link, Sweety.
To give you a bomb, you have to meet several requirements, but you also have to have an endocrine that is favorable to put bombs and live in an autonomy that also facilitates it.

In general, you have to meet several of the following:

Take at least one year with multiple injections therapy without achieving good control.
Make a minimum of 4 glycemia a day.
Have repeated hypoglycemia.
Having suffered hospital income as a result of diabetes.
Have a good diabetological education.
Be informed of what a pump is and how it is used.
Manage the diet by portions.

It is not essential to meet all the parameters, but several of them.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/08/2010 9:34 a.m.

Thank you very much,

Well, I fulfill almost all.The diet due to rations is the only thing that I do not control much, but I am in it and of course, it is the fish that bites the tail, because I do not know if what I do not do well is to follow the diet or calculate the insulin.I believe that the diet by portions I understand and I do it well (although it costs me a good time to prepare my meals) ...

Tomorrow I will tell you again.Thanks again Alea.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/08/2010 9:46 a.m.

Hi Sweety, Welcome !!!!

I believe that the fundamental requirement is to find an endo that is a supporter of the bombs;) because if they do not put a thousand fights.If you think it is the best option for you, keep fighting for it and don't stop asking for your endo.

DiabetesForo
02/08/2010 10:06 a.m.

I agree with Prado, I think it depends more on the endo than anything else.What hospital are you?I am from Madrid, although now I do not live there.I know that my ex -ondo of Madrid is ... well, conservative in terms of bombs.

lola's profile photo
lola
02/08/2010 10:49 a.m.

Basically, I would say that one of the fundamental conditions for pumping is to fail your multidosis with feathers.If that doesn't work, you are very candidate.And if you have inadvertent hypos, which is one of the most effective arguments in order to get a pump in the fast track.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/08/2010 11:11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Thanks for the advice and I will keep trying.
I am not from Madrid and in fact I will be here only half a year.I am taking modest of the source.The endocrine they see me are very nice.They cite me almost every week to see how I go.But what I commented before ... I think the guidelines that are putting me are not enough.But well, let's see that they tell me tomorrow.I will continue to insist with the bomb.The hypoglycemia is true, I wouldn't have to lie either.It gives me some nocturnal for no apparent reason (some nights if and others not) and sometimes mid -morning (sometimes yes and sometimes not) and breakfast the same every day and I do exactly the same routine ... Anyway what I wantIt is getting so much puncture.Before I did not have to put insulin in mid -morning or mid -afternoon if I wanted to snack (either a chuleton with potatoes, I take a piece of fruit or a glass of milk) but I have to put 2 or 3 units.And if the lantus does not do well and divide it into two or change me to a mixture of two doses ... I would already be in 7 insulin punctures a day instead of six ...

And I say ... if the pump usually goes well ... why don't they put it on all diabetics?Anyway, Mias Paranoia.

Greetings and thanks again.Let's see if tomorrow I bring good news ... that they would not go wrong to take away the bad body I have with Wednesday's laser.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/08/2010 2:30 p.m.

It seems like I get it !!!!They have put me in a course on the 22nd to explain everything about the pump and review the diet for portions and then surely put it to me !!!!I hope so...!!!

Now he added a new insulin, a mix70, apart from the Novorapid and the Lantus ... What a mess that I have ... And to me the mixtures do not convince me much ... Let's see what happens.

Thanks once again ... I'm going to keep reading if I keep learning things that come to me very well !!!

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/09/2010 7:08 a.m.

I'm glad they will give you the bomb.I think it will make your life a little easier.You will tell us how.
greetings

lola's profile photo
lola
02/09/2010 7:22 a.m.

Hi Sweety, I am also very happy that they are going to put the bomb, I have been put from January 26 of this year and I go to end every week to continue adjusting the basal (today touches me).The truth is that you have been reason for 23 years and I still have a mogollón about the portions.At the moment the hem does not bass her (8,3) so I hope that with the bomb I will return to those wonderful years of 6.6.Well, I'm glad I met you.You will tell your experience.: D

paula's profile photo
paula
02/09/2010 9:51 a.m.

: D: D: D.

It still remains ... but at least I see some hope !!Thank you!

Paula How about the bomb?Do you manage better every day?The other day I read a message of yours and you were quite stressed ...

And the others with a bomb?How is adaptation ???

Oh, almost better for you it would be not to put it on me, because I am capable of frying to questions ... Sorry.: Oops:

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/09/2010 9:57 a.m.

:)) :)) :)) Sweety for that we are to learn and help what we can, so calm, ask what you want.
The adaptation to the pump, in my case, was fast and without problems, the first day I did not know what to do, I missed the feathers: Mrgreen: And now I am so used to not even founding me .... The insulin adjustment was also enoughFast, I was very well controlled with feathers and I still stay it now, but the quality of life, to prick 6 times insulin I have gone to a puncture every 3 or 4 days ...... yes, I keep looking at the glucose6 or 7 times a day.

DiabetesForo
02/09/2010 10:08 a.m.

Thanks Prado, that encourages me !!!And having a place where there are more people like me (or with children ... family ...) Well, if I say that I would also sound a little bad, but hey, I think I understand me.
I am doing many controls and I will continue to do them, but if they take away the six or seven insulin punctures, better than better.And from what I have read, control and time flexibility for meals is better.(That with the little one that would be appreciated).
Thank you for sharing your experience with the bomb ... I'll keep reading.

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/09/2010 11:33 a.m.

Congratulations, Sweety, surely you now get it.
And do not be afraid to ask, what we all do.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/09/2010 12:35 p.m.

Sweety ... I hope you get the bomb, I have been with it since I became pregnant and I was not in favor of putting it on, I planned to take it away after giving birth, but no ... I stayed !!!Before the bomb I was with Levemir/Novorapid and very well ... and with the bomb the great pregnancy, now after having my regular girl, I was with hyperthyroidism for more than a year and my glutemias have been very rebellious, my last lastHemo was 7.5 :(, in April I will know if I have dropped from 7 ... what earns !!!!
I earn above all quality of life ... and also less punctures, but that if I control I do many too.
Hopefully your endo does not put you, mine (and Prado's) is pro-pumps, I didn't want and he comes to insist until I decided to try.
Good luck in the course, I only made one of 2 intensive horites and the next day with the pump on and a house.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
02/21/2010 5:51 p.m.

Well, nothing, in the course nothing has told me about the bomb.It has been food.It has been Productvo to remember some thing and that, but I have asked the educator and he told me that the bomb decides the endo.Tomorrow I'm going to consult ... I'm very discouraged today ... I don't know if I tell the endo again.Last week he told me to go to the course, but the course is on Mondays, every week they deal with one thing.The next Monday is alcohol and exercise ... I know ... I do not say that they are not interesting, really no.But I expected something specific and that I would tell me if I am a good candidate or not to carry a ... I know.And there were two girls with a pump with a serum, to get used to it before putting it with insulin.And another that has already been offered by twice that has gone to endo.It must be that although I have touched a good endo, he and the bombs do not have to get along very well ... Anyway, to see what I tell him tomorrow.If I repeat it again, he sends me to take fresh wind.I tell him every week and for what I see, people are the endors who propose it to patients and not vice versa.
Pufff, Toy Plof.
Thanks for your interest, really.
The course has also served me to see people like me live and live.It has even encouraged me to be able to solve doubts (I solve doubts:?)

sweety's profile photo
sweety
02/22/2010 10:15 a.m.

To carry the pump it is essential to perfectly control the issue of carbohydrates ... and demonstrate it to the educator.
Changing insulin pump treatment requires "reprogramming" everything we know about diabetes and adjust it to new measures.

Endos are forced to fill in a broad report with the causes and justifications for which they guide the pump, so they must be sure of what they put.

Patience and tranquility, if you have entered the course of the course they are likely to offer you the bomb ... and if you are always in your right to request it.

DiabetesForo
02/22/2010 3:32 p.m.

Well, the fact is that if they are the endors who propose it, but anyway if you think you need it, should not deny it.

And I say, that there will always be the possibility of changing in end, right?

DiabetesForo
02/23/2010 4:42 a.m.

The problem is that they are too expensive ... and social security subsequent them as I say on account drops ... if it cannot be ... and if the endos do not put on their part ...
Cheer up!!Do not decay in this fight !!!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
02/23/2010 5:01 a.m.

Well, in the course they have not told me anything about the bomb.It has been food.It has been Productvo to remember some thing and that, but I have asked the educator and he told me that the bomb decides the endo.Tomorrow I'm going to consult ... I'm very discouraged today ... I don't know if I tell the endo again.Last week he told me to go to the course, but the course is on Mondays, every week they deal with one thing.The next Monday is alcohol and exercise ... I know ... I do not say that they are not interesting, really no.But I expected something specific and that I would tell me if I am a good candidate or not to carry a ... I know.And there were two girls with a pump with a serum, to get used to it before putting it with insulin.And another that has already been offered by twice that has gone to endo.It must be that although I have touched a good endo, he and the bombs do not have to get along very well ... Anyway, to see what I tell him tomorrow.If I repeat it again, he sends me to take fresh wind.I tell him every week and for what I see, people are the endors who propose it to patients and not vice versa.
Pufff, Toy Plof.
Thanks for your interest, really.
The course has also served me to see people like me live and live.It has even encouraged me to be able to solve doubts (I solve doubts:?)

Sweety, I'm new, and I was reading you, and seeing your comments, it was like a reflection of what happens to me!I felt very identified with you.You see, I tell you my story.Obviously I was at the turkey's age, a rebel era, and renegade my illness, I refused to admit it, much less to wear a device in the body and that the kids looked at me strangely, but when it was an era of partying, meet people ....
Anyway, the years pass, and the head stabilizes, like everything.9.5 ... and he told me that he would have to stabilize it before.Well, get to work, and in November of last year, I dropped to 7.5 ... 2 points in less than a year !!Well, in the consultation, did I insist again, and do you know what he told me?Thus literal: now if you are suitable, but if you go well with the bowling alley, I do not see the need to put on a bomb, so continue with the bowling alley.
God, I get home and inflate me to cry. For many care, illusion, information collected online. For few dreams they went to me ...
Thank God, I have a great nurse, who encourages me to keep insisting.Control with the bomb. I stress me that theme a lot, since the day I get pregnant, I want my son to be healthy, and for that I have to have perfect controls, which with him the bolis is very difficult for me.... Anyway, I encourage that in the next query I have (in April), I tell my endocrine, but it already gives me a cut ... I will try for the last time, because I look like a tired, aHeavy and he will send me to fry milks, but that is that ... I have all the requirements to opt for the bomb ... but the endo resists, I don't know why ... if in this nextI get, or ask for a sheet in patient's care, or I change the endo, which makes me hurt, because he is a good doctor, and soempre has taken me well.ppffff ... I don't know what to do

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
02/28/2010 6:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.