{'en': 'Caffeine and diabetes, can it be taken or not?', 'es': 'Cafeína y diabetes, ¿se puede tomar o no?'} Image

Caffeine and diabetes, can it be taken or not?

geminis247's profile photo   01/16/2012 9:57 a.m.

Hello, how about sweets,

My question today is, why can't diabetics have common coffee?

I know why the caffeine is not doing well ... but I would try to know why?

What causes caffeine in the body so as not to be able to ingest it because it is diabetic?... and soda like Pepsi, it has a percentage of caffeine and I do not notice any discomfort ... just like cafiaspirin, why can we berries and not cafiaspirin?

Thank you!

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
01/16/2012 9:57 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Now I find out that we can't drink coffee: shock: ... who said that ?????????Unless you are hypertensive, I can't find any reason to not be able to take it ..... I take a couple of coffees daily and I don't have a problem for now ...;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/16/2012 10:12 a.m.

Oh .... I maintain an average of 4-5 daily coffees since debuting ..... and I have not yet noticed anything weird.I am a mortgage, so I have taken them for years by medical prescription.I forgive the cup (which also recommended it) but the coffee is not.My endocrine did not put any problem to the subject as soon as I told.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/16/2012 11:29 a.m.

Where did that rule come from?I drink coffee daily and I am also a student and when I spend the night in candle before an exam I can drink perfectly between 6 and 8 cups that same night ...

I think that coffee for a diabetics without other problems is equally harmful as for a normal person ... I don't know where that statement comes ... surely it will come from the same place as "diabetics cannot eat bananas because they are very sweet".

Greetings.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
01/16/2012 9:29 p.m.

I don't know the truth one of my 2 endocrinologas q m lets everything and the other almost nothing m makes it take decaffeinated coffee, I think that you encourage you to go down the sugar, according to her, and bananas leaves me but good green

geminis247
01/17/2012 1:13 p.m.

But for the love of God, do you eat green bananas?Is there still a belief that because a fruit knows to the sweeter taste has more sugar?This is archaic by God, look today we have tables that represent carbohydrates of absolutely all foods and with a moderately good diabetological education you can eat everything that is to make normal life.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
01/18/2012 3:32 a.m.

Hello good!
hahaha I just read these comments from when I started, and yes, they made me eat the green fruit and the pasta to the dente (durnas) fuchi !!!
The theme of coffee more than for the cafeian I think is because the normal coffee is torrado = sugar, but after 3 years and several doctors who differ a lot in the diets they give I encourage me to drink coffee with milk and what happened?Nothing if you know how to read nutritional tables and count hydrates!
I learned that you can eat everything with adequate control!
And the most important thing about diabetes is the knowledge of diabetes and oneself
Ignorance and bad teaching generate conflicts and lead to a bad result

I still have the doubt ... because we can take berries and non -cafiastrina
??
Greetings to all and thanks :)

geminis247
02/11/2014 4 p.m.

I do not know where I read that the coffee being diuretic makes us dehydrate a little and to the diabetics that does not do well.

Even so, my coffee with milk in the morning does not take it away from me or God.As my grandfather said with 80 and peak years, the day I can no longer have a normal coffee is no longer worth living.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/11/2014 9:03 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Well, I drink about 6 cafes a day and, today, I don't notice anything;Not even the tension rises.

DiabetesForo
02/12/2014 2:52 a.m.

I also drink coffee without problems, you have to read everything .... in short ...;)

DiabetesForo
02/12/2014 4:37 a.m.

jiji, if it is true ... what you have to read ...
I am addicted to caffeine, coffee and tail and to what diabetes refer, my levels do not flinch ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
02/13/2014 11:57 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Good the coffee that they have with sugar is what they call torrefacto and the one that they have without sugar is the natural one, in the coffee bars the normal the normal thing they put is that it is a mixture of both, in the stores you can find 100% natural coffee (whenYou make a coffee is very clear) and the mixture (the more torrefacto quantity has the more threat) and this happens in the caffeine and in the decaffeinated.I arose the same doubt as if the sugar used in the turse influence and asked a dietitian and told me that not that the amount was insignificant so insignificant that the coffee has no calories.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
02/18/2014 5:39 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

What a fright !!!!!!!!!!
It is one of the few drinks that I like that I have not left.

mgp's profile photo
mgp
02/19/2014 6:25 p.m.

DM desde 18/11/13
Apidra 2-2-2 (base de cálculo)
Lantus a la noche 20

And about te?I take a giant bowl of breakfast and another after eating.Normally green te .. and I have not noticed anything strange ... it also contains te in but I love it .. I say it .. for what I have read about dehydration.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
02/26/2014 1:28 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Pochola, they say that drinking water is good, but you don't have to pass, if you drink many salts and run out of ions... nothing, take the tea quietly.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2014 11:54 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Pochola about the you know has nothing related to diabetes, but I know from experience that if you take a lot in the day, especially after meals you sweep iron, so be careful with that
I think everything in excess is bad at some point

Pochola said:
and on the te?I take a giant bowl of breakfast and another after eating.Normally green te .. and I have not noticed anything strange ... it also contains te in but I love it .. I say it .. for what I have read about dehydration.

geminis247
03/05/2014 9:40 a.m.

Well, I take coffee, Coca Cola Light .... Platanos, Black Chocolate ... I even gominate ... always looking at the carbohydrates to know what pinxar me :-)

vandorta's profile photo
vandorta
03/05/2014 11:29 a.m.

Llevo 24 años de matrimonio con Mi diabetes :-)

💜Dexcom g6 Diciembre 2020
💓Tandem Xslim Enero 2021

~ Hemoglobinas ~
Febrero - 10,8%
Julio - 6,5%
Septiembre - 6,3%

As if not that the caffeine is exciting and sometimes if we are more nervous, the values ​​rise ... if that is not that I do not understand.I drink coffee every day, and enough days, no doctor has never told me that I can't drink them for being diabetic.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
09/15/2014 12:32 p.m.

According to Lei, I don't remember where ...
The caffeine is good for DB1 since it makes us notice the hypos before.
The theory is that with caffeine in the body we are more alert and that is what makes you notice the changes of your body that warn you and not for being more awake up the sugar goes up
The Educator of the General Hospital of Valencia also confirmed it, so I still dock and tail light:)>- :))

ernesto's profile photo
ernesto
09/15/2014 4:14 p.m.

DM1 Lada debut 22/12/2013 con 55 años

Geminis247, I don't know coffee, because I never liked it, but I'm going to tell you something they told me a few years ago, "don't be a slave to your diabetes."

You eat whatever you want and that's it, if the fruit is green, red or yellow does not matter, while you know what the glucose uploads with each food, you know how to correct it with insulin and be in normal values, perfect.

The first years lived with my mother and I thought every food to gram, I had to take x hydrates at breakfast, x in food ... now I make a normal life, as, I punctuate what touches and period.If one day there is any celebration and there is a cake, then calculate what can upload me and like my cake (it is not plan to abuse and every day eat cake).In short, live.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
09/16/2014 4:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.