{'en': 'Caffeine and diabetes, can it be taken or not?', 'es': 'Cafeína y diabetes, ¿se puede tomar o no?'} Image

Caffeine and diabetes, can it be taken or not?

geminis247's profile photo   01/16/2012 9:57 a.m.

Geminis, best advice than Banhop has given you, they will not give it to you in life.Pay attention ;-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/17/2014 9:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello ... I am new here and I'm glad I registered ... greeting to everyone.

chaca's profile photo
chaca
08/25/2017 10:17 a.m.

Coffee only affects me when going to sleep ... in glycemia, which I know, has never affected me.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/05/2022 5:43 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

mei said:
but for the love of God, do you eat green bananas?Is there still a belief that because a fruit knows to the sweeter taste has more sugar?This is archaic by God, look today we have tables that represent carbohydrates of absolutely all foods and with a moderately good diabetological education you can eat everything that is to make normal life.

Link
Link
Link

I disagree with your comment,

marine's profile photo
marine
09/05/2022 11:14 p.m.

marine's profile photo
marine
09/05/2022 11:17 p.m.

Coffee only on an empty stomach rises glycemia, some affects more than others.

In my case, diabetic, I try to accompany him from breakfast or walk a little :).

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/06/2022 10:58 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

marine said:
mei said:
but for the love of God, do you eat the green bananas?Is there still a belief that because a fruit knows to the sweeter taste has more sugar?This is archaic by God, look today we have tables that represent carbohydrates of absolutely all foods and with a moderately good diabetological education you can eat everything that is to make normal life.

Link
Link
Link

I disagree with your comment,

Josemibi's profile photo
Josemibi
09/06/2022 11:01 a.m.

Db1 desde Diciembre 2007.
Fiasp y Tresiba.
FreeStyle Libre 2

The coffee does not raise glycemia, and I take many with or without accompaniment.

The fruit matures a lot and if it is more pursuit almost the same.I have not noticed differences but in my case I have taken it for dessert with what is added the rest of the food.
But I agree that ripe fruit contains more carbohydrates, therefore it will rise more than the same fruit without ripening.When I debuted I took an apple in the middle of the morning and climbed a lot, stopped taking it because I needed 2 uds of insulin.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/06/2022 12:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I drink coffee in the morning and in the snack and the truth, I do not notice that it affects me in anything, in fact, to snack I do not need to inject anything.The banana is true that it rises the more mature.The watermelon rises a lot, the reserve for the night that does not affect me.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/06/2022 1:01 p.m.

geminis247 said:
hello how such sweets,

My question today is, why can't diabetics have common coffee?

I know why the caffeine is not doing well ... but I would try to know why?

What causes caffeine in the body so as not to be able to ingest it because it is diabetic?... and soda like Pepsi, it has a percentage of caffeine and I do not notice any discomfort ... just like cafiaspirin, why can we berries and not cafiaspirin?

Thank you!

I have taken coffee for trucent ....

cacharro's profile photo
cacharro
09/11/2022 11:33 a.m.

I take 3-4 cafes a day, no problem

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
09/11/2022 11:52 a.m.

I've been, a few months, I have always taken cut with condensed milk, now I still drink coffee alone, at least two newspapers and I have had no problem.

tollo's profile photo
tollo
09/11/2022 2:19 p.m.

DM1 Debut: Mayo 2022
FreeStyle Libre 2
Novorapid: 3ud desayuno + 3ud comida + 3ud cena.
Toujeo: 20 ud noche.
HbA1: Mayo22 11.6% Julio22 7.5% Sept22 6.5% Agost23 6.2%

I drink a lot of coffee does not rise sugar and you hardly have no calories with how good a cut with ice in summer.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
09/11/2022 3:02 p.m.

mei said:
but for the love of God, do you eat green bananas?Is there still a belief that because a fruit knows to the sweeter taste has more sugar?This is archaic by God, look today we have tables that represent carbohydrates of absolutely all foods and with a moderately good diabetological education you can eat everything that is to make normal life.

Yes, the fruit has the sugar it has, that is clear, but as it matures they are decomposing the complex shares in simple sugars, so that the glycemic index rises.
The glymatical load is the same but the glycemic index rises, something similar to what happens with normal or integral bread.
One will rise more suddenly the sugar, with the other the climb will be more linear.
I just wanted to explain it well, so that people do not lead.

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/11/2022 5:50 p.m.

Hello everyone:
A few days ago I asked for a coffee and a person who was with me said very assertively that I could not drink coffee.What was very dangerous for diabetics.I asked him why and he couldn't clarify anything.Soon another of the people who was commented on a heart problem he has and, how a ray, the same one that talked about the dangers of coffee already began to diagnose the cardiopath.
I realized that it was one of that legion of squeaky knows that you enjoy presuming what you know about medicine.
There are many ignorant and daring UNSABLOOTODO that they do a lot of damage to the sick.

CarlosT's profile photo
CarlosT
09/12/2022 3:21 a.m.

First news ... and last, because I will continue with my rhythm of 3 or 4 cafes daily, as a house every day of the last 20 years.

You read everything ...

12mas37's profile photo
12mas37
09/12/2022 4:26 p.m.

Hello.The coffee is not true.I take 2 to 3 coffee or cut daily.I have an express machine and I enjoy them, sometimes I accompany with nuts as a collation.I have insulin pump and sensor so I would realize your affects something.Sometimes there are people without information and without empathy for diabetics.To continue enjoying coffee

marcela's profile photo
marcela
09/19/2022 1:36 p.m.

marcela said:
hello.The coffee is not true.I take 2 to 3 coffee or cut daily.I have an express machine and I enjoy them, sometimes I accompany with nuts as a collation.I have insulin pump and sensor so I would realize your affects something.Sometimes there are people without information and without empathy for diabetics.To continue enjoying coffee

Totally, empathy is a value that shines for its absence ...

isabelbota's profile photo
isabelbota
09/19/2022 2:26 p.m.

DM 2 con páncreas agotado desde diciembre 2020. 51 años entonces.
HG diciembre 2020: 15.9. Última HG: julio 2024 5.8
Abasaglar 9 unidades. Metformina, 1000/0/1000. Humalog junior: 2 unid en desayuno y luego en función de lo que coma.

I also drink coffee daily and I have never noticed anything.I will also continue to enjoy them :)

Carussa's profile photo
Carussa
09/19/2022 2:48 p.m.

DM1 desde octubre de 2019 | Toujeo + Fiasp | FreeStyle | febrero 2023: HbA1c 5,7

It must be taken that the caffeine induces the production of adrenaline and cortisol, hormones that cause glucose production, just as there are people that a coffee makes them snowy ones there are others that have to be taken 3, with which as always each bodyIt is a world and cannot be generalized, specifically to me that I always take decaffeinated, if I take a coffee with caffeine, glycemia increases me.

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/19/2022 3:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.