And the doctor went to the point: you are diabetic, without any doubt

juanga's profile photo   05/13/2010 7:12 p.m.

Hello everyone,

My name is Juan, I am 31 years old and less than a month and a half ago that I debuted with type I diabetes.

I just registered after a couple of days enjoyed reading the experiences and presentations of others and their diabetes.You feel "wrapped" seeing more people that have gone through the same, the debut, the adaptation little by little to diabetes, etc.although each case is different by that thing of metabolism.Congratulations to those who set up the forum, I find the meeting place that you have raised.

So I have to tell the anecdotes of my debut and how I carry it.I'm going to roll up because I think I must laugh at myself and the matter, not only because I think it is the best way to take it, but in case it serves or entertains someone.

I had been drinking a lot of approximately one month, my wife asked me what happened to drink so much.Well nothing, I'm thirsty, I said.That seemed to me, until the last week I not only needed to drink 2 glasses followed by water every 30 minutes, but I started to see blurry from afar.That happens to me when I do not wear my glasses, but oysters, having them on was already suspicious and having done new new ones, I started worrying.But, he agreed that there were rumors of a job regulation file at work for a couple of weeks, so I told myself: this of drinking a lot will be the body that asks for it, and that of seeing blurred with the new glasses will be stress will be.Of course, champion ...

My holy wife began to get heavy with "you see the doctor" ... and also with the nursing of going to the bathroom.Drinking so much after the day, the reproaches of the "to see if we aim better when you go to piss" became daily, with the addition that mysteriously the thing was "sticky" -that happens, friends, when your wife gets tired ofGo behind you cleaning splashes.Nor did I give importance to him for very careful he was, he dirty more than ever with a sticky thing.Then you discover in the Wikipedia that a guy has occurred to prove the urine of a diabetic and knew honey, hence the name "Mellitus" diabetes.Anyway, there are Catan wines.

Total, I am one of those who call his mother rather than to pay attention to my wife, whom I greet from here -to my wife -and with good judgment he told me: to make a sugar test in the pharmacy.That was a Sunday and the symptoms had added the thing to get up even at night to urinate - and drink more, of course - for a couple of days.

Well, the next day I got up as if I had spent a train over two or three times, which cost me a "I told you that you were the doctor" of my saint, and I promised to do it but not without my coffee with milk first,and passing before - as authentic zombie to a pharmacy to do that thing of "the sugar test".

- Good morning, do you do sugar tests?
- Yes, but are you fasting?
- No, but they take the test equally, please.Hurts?
- What's going, it's a little pin.

I don't even notice.A beep.

- Oh, you have it very high even so as not to be fasting, huh?You see the doctor.
- Yes, yes, thanks, it's what I'm going to do.
- It's 7 euros.

I go with a pharmacy card that puts my "brand" of 326 at 9:26 in the morning.Well, I have high sugar.Go to know, and on top of 7 euros less.

On the way to the health center I get hungry, and I plug in a tenderloin with cheese.

- Good morning.
- What's wrong with you.
- Look, a week ago that I have started drinking huge amounts of water, and as I drink it I go to the bathroom.

The doctor opens my eyes a lot and tells me that this can be a symptom of having "the level of sugar very high", and that I get off right now to make me a sugar test.I tell him that I just made one and taught it.

- Already.Well now is 1 in the afternoon, and another will be doneSugar test, go.

The nurse looks at a partner and says:

- 392, but it has eaten a tenderloin peep with cheese between this test and the previous one.

Without saying anything, I look at them with a "fuck, what I was going to know, what happens to everyone with the roll of whether I have eaten something?"I see that they speak on the phone.When hanging they ask me to rise my arm and click me with a kind of blue pen that seems giant.I thought that time I was going to hurt, but what is going.Again, I don't notice the puncture.

I go back to see the doctor.

- Well, you are diabetic, without any doubt.
- Ajá.
- I feel so direct but with these sugar levels there is no possibility of making mistakes.I tell you ...

Let's go forward;)

- ... Tomorrow blood analysis, and then you will see your nurse, who will give you a review and give you everything you need.Are you hypertensive?
- Not that I know.
- Well I'm going to take the tension and so tomorrow will have a reference.

He takes the tension.

- Well, this is not worth.You have the very high tension but I think it is because it should have taken it before telling you that you are diabetic.
- He he.

And this is what gives me the most anger: I have read several experiences here that with their debuts they ended up admitted.They sent me home and so happy.That I did not complain, I was fine, but a few days in bed what bad would have done me, with what I need a vacation ...

Now I have been measured by glycemia 6 times a day, I take Lantus at night and get fast according to glycemia ranges at breakfast, food and dinner.I started only with Lantus at night, but that was a roller coaster.I have adapted to the meals, and to the first review they prescribed the rapid if I went from 300. Another week and another show, so when the endocrine saw me told me that basically that "that was shit" and that I was goingto click quickly if I went from 80. I did not believe that they would give me hypoglycemia and not worry.

Yes, he gave me a hypoglycemia as soon as I plugged the first recommended dose.Mild, but go scare.So from the first moment I had to start doing experiments and walking.To the second week I got that I would not go from 300. The next week the thing remained below 200 in all measurements, and except some strange peak, I have been able to maintain it.I have had other hypoglycemia, approximately one every week, the strongest of 37, but also slight (I could react).Next Monday they make me the "Adjusting Payment Treatment", and to see what they tell me.

The truth is that you go a little crazy and it is sometimes frustrating that you eat the same and does not measure blood glucose, or with the same insulin, or even more or less ... but it is experimenting and drawing conclusions, sometimesYou have been caught and others caught.But the matter is to be able to control most of the time, or so I hope!I encourage you to be a bit bewildered because it seems that each body is different and you just have to be patient and being very heavy with control and punctures seems that the thing is balancing on its own ... I was very scared ofPrinciple and now I don't believe the record I have with the matter, although surely I have a lot to learn.I've been very little!

I keep telling you what nurses tell me on Monday, and forgive for the post ...

Juan

juanga's profile photo
juanga
05/13/2010 7:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, saving the personal drama that supposes you tell you that you have an ad perpetuam disease, and that it is incurable, and all those little things that Diabetes carries ... I liked your story a lot.It is very literary :-)

cheer up.And you will see that not everything is as serious as it seems, and that it really, (and so) a person with diabetes can do what he wants, and can eat practically what he wants.What is asked?That you are rigorous with your treatment, that you are faithful (to treatment), that you are methodical and that you learn the necessary and self -sufficient knowledge.As these premises are fulfilling, you will discover that everything is much less dramatic than it seemed the day they told you ... "Well, you are diabetic, without any doubt."

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/14/2010 5:48 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello Juan,
I have debuted month ago and little, I had the same symptoms, I drink every two by three, and urinated a barbarity, the blurred tb view, I work in a traffic control center and the monitors saw them worse every day,Comment to my co -worker and go to the doctor, call the oculist and everything, but cancel the appointment because you notice a slight improvement, but not for those, the most curious thing was when I went to the mall, my husband works in security, and wasIn the parking lot and did not recognize him, I had to ask my daughter if she was her father, my husband stayed: shock: hahahaha, let's go there and the next day I left for emergencies, where I arrived with 683 blood glucoseThey already left me in 5 days, I was like a queen the truth, hahahaha, like a vacation, all done, we are not so well.Coincidence that the same one that my husband entered me went to Madrid, and Caundo arrived he calls me to tell me, that I already arrived, and I super direct, I say: I am admitted, my mother, I would have liked to see my face, hahahaha.I have the same treatment as you, and I have the values ​​more or less well, we are on the honeymoon, you see, hahahaha because I want to be honeymoon for a long time, hahahahaha.
On Monday I have an educator, to see what he tells me, he will explain to me about the hydrates, the quantities, now I continue with fixed dose, I am afraid to touch the dose, it will not be that I give me a fright, I have had aHypoglycemia, which I had 54 and quickly put a snack of ham, which knew me glory, hahahaha
Welcome to the forum,
Agurrrrrrrr

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/14/2010 6:36 a.m.

Thanks for the answers, I get a question and some comments:

I don't understand the "honeymoon."I have not heard the term to any of the nurses or doctors, and here it seems that everyone refers to the "honeymoon."The doubt is, does it mean that at first everything is going very well and then worsens the thing?Haha, I have no idea what to think.Does it simply refer to the first months of diabetes?, And especially when does that period end and what happens in general later?

About seeing blurry, saying that the first week happened to me, but just in case they gathered the ophthalmologist from day one.By the time I had already happened to me, the doctor saw nothing strange, but I told him that although I no longer saw blurry, what I noticed is that "I lost the focus" if I kept his eyes fixed.He had to look at a couple of sites and return to the starting point to focus again.The ophthalmologist told me that when the sugar was more regulated, it would happen to me and so, after just over another week.

As soon as the doses, it happens to me as anabeg, I am afraid to touch them although I have ever done it (because soon I had a party-compromise and it was super good to alternate cups and juices, I already heard that the cocktails that the cocktailsIt is the best thing that the alcohol and fruit they carry compensates, only that I did it to the pedestrian hehehe).My wife is the one who insists the most with "Test 3 instead of 4 units", but in general I wanted to do everything as they told me, more than anything because although they didn't tell me anything at all, you are youmaking "the curve".(It seems fatal to me that a lot of information have to get it out of there instead of being in the consultations).

Let's see how this Monday ...

Juan

juanga's profile photo
juanga
05/14/2010 1:13 p.m.

Hi, Juan, welcome.

The "honeymoon" is an inaccurate term defined by the period from the debut (horrible word) to the end of insulin stocks in the pancreas.
The duration varies from one people to others, from practically zero, as was the case with my daughter, until some year.
Personally, it seems to me a rather damn period, because the lack of practice with the random "insulin bombings" by a pancreas that has been upset are joined.
When that period ends, they usually increase insulin needs, but there is also more stability in glycemia, as a rule.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/14/2010 1:38 p.m.

Helloaaaa,
Alea, because I thought that the honeymoon period is quite the opposite, that the glycemia are stable, so what I comment, to remain on a honeymoon for a long time, hahahaha
Juan, what is that of the "curves"?No idea, that for curves I already have mine, hahahaha
Just in case, I do not test 3 to 4, nor a pussy, we are going to have a panic, but it is now, I imagine that then I will dominate it, and I will be an expert
Greetings,

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/14/2010 2:28 p.m.

Hello Juan, I love you take it like this, you have a lot of cattle. I will interest the next chapter hehehehe

cabronias's profile photo
cabronias
05/14/2010 4:20 p.m.

From my point of view, when there is an income when diagnosing diabetes (usually with the presence of ketoacidosis, hemoglobins above 11-12 and glycemia above 500 mg/dl) should be used and cause controlled hypoglycemia and teach to trace it inA controlled environment and with medical staff.

It is usually one of the things that usually worries us when debuting ... and it is not the same as explaining it to us with booklets to live it in person.

My first hypo was 150 ... Of course I had 500 8 figures)

DiabetesForo
05/16/2010 7:53 a.m.

The phrase of the emergency doctor (the scare had already been advanced by Dr. Google the previous afternoon) was more categorical, it was not limited to a simple "you are diabetic";He told me: There are few things in medicine so easy to diagnose, and with those symptoms, there is no doubt, you are diabetic.And there are few things in medicine that are "forever" and this is one of those: you are diabetic forever.

They entered me, the blood glucose was not exaggerated: 372 or so, the hemo was in 15, and the acetone by the clouds ...... The holiday week was quite well, there I was in the bed of the hospital,Tiring the Internet in the mobile and reading, first the wikipedia, and then this forum ........ That night I already had a lot of information ...... The initial lack of control only lasted those days in the hospital.With what I had read, I knew that I had to eat everything they gave me (I supposed they calculated it well, and that the insulin dose was based on my diet) and I am very obedient.The problem is that they gave me a piece of fruit to snack (beaming before dinner) and that they gave me a zumito for the re-zena (ahead in the morning).Until the fourth day (in the mobile it reads very slowly) I did not reach that part of the information, I told the doctor, who made pests from the kitchen ... and from that moment, control much better.

According to my endo, I still in "honeymoon" we have gradually lower 15 7.5 5.8 6.1 5.8 ...... But I bet on control rather than for the honeymoon: eat healthy, almost always the same amount ofHydrates, exercise regularly ... and, above all, keep mood through the clouds.As you do, with that, you have half a battle won.

I encourage and continue like this.This is not worse than wearing glasses, it's just a matter of getting used.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/21/2010 5:19 a.m.

Hello Juan!Welcome and I don't roll up, so young I recommend the bomb now!It is the best for now that we have and now that you are still young, I recommend it.
All the best

Carmentxu's profile photo
Carmentxu
06/21/2010 7:08 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am also debutant, two months ago, almost with the same age 31, and the truth is that everything to touch the doses and others have learned by forums, how sad ....

The truth schenses in the hospital between which you are crowded with everything they tell you and others do not find out much and do not explain it to you either .....

Since debuting the endo has seen me twice, and until September I do not see me again ... and I say that I would do without you == ????

The ambulatory nurse that gives me the strips has no idea, she tells me that the glycemia before eating are due to the effect of the fast, so imagine the idea that you have of this ..... and the worst thing is that you go outWith total site, and you feel the most misunderstood of the planet.

I left the hospital with a pattern of Lantus 28, and Apidra 14-10-8, and now two months later I am with Lantus 12, and Apidra 2-2-4
I get up with values ​​of 70-95 and after eating less than 160, well once more heh, heh
Of course I have had to go down because they gave me some important whim, heh, heh, heh, heh

Well let's hope that you do not have a little debuted to the recent ones, because above here where I live there is no association, and just thinking about complications not to take care of us.

All the best

DiabetesForo
06/23/2010 1:50 p.m.

Welcome to Club Estu

DiabetesForo
06/23/2010 2:39 p.m.

Welcome, Estu.
Take your doubts and tell how you go with the controls.We will try to help you.
Also where you are from, in case we can recommend better medical attention.

Health

DiabetesForo
06/23/2010 4:39 p.m.

I am from a town near Palencia, and the controls are taking them the truth well, I don't know how long they will last ....... But hey, what I do not understand is about the portions, I do not add the portionsI take with the units that I put as you say.

Ahem.

Breakfast, a kiwi, milk and 8 cookies, I put 2 units of apidra and at two hours I am in 100-130 the same happens to the other meals, in short as long as I follow if ... well ... well ...

DiabetesForo
06/24/2010 11:48 a.m.

Hello, Estu.
I don't know if there will be someone in the forum in your area.What hospital do they take you?
The rations, at first it seems difficult, but with a scale, a rule of three and a little patience, you will see how you dominate it right away.I pass you a website that will help you a lot:

The relationship between hydrates rations and insulin doses varies in each patient.There is no universal rule and each one must find their pattern.This is what we call the "ratio"
Similarly, each one has a different "insulin sensitivity" that means how many glycemia points a dose of insulin lowers you.

To begin with, it usually starts from a 1/1 ratio, that is, a dose of insulin for each ration of hydrates, but surely you will have to adjust.You may need less, especially while the honeymoon lasts.There are also those who need more.
With sensitivity the same happens.Orientatively, it begins with an insulin dose for every 50 glycemia points that we want to lower, but only the "trial-error" method determines how much each one needs.

I expected to have clarified something.
Health

DiabetesForo
06/24/2010 12:30 p.m.

I see that the "debutants" know much more about this disease than I knew when I debuted, either why !!!!!!Well, the important thing, knowing how to read and interpret what you read and tell you, either on the street or intern, and the other patients, or the professionals, and never forget that those who have to know about your diabetes are yousame (in your including that of your little ones) ... Ah, and I do not tire of repeating it, the good thing that this disease has is that you learn every day, you start very sick, because you do not know anything, and healthy day by day,Because day by day you learn.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
06/24/2010 3:26 p.m.

No doubt the rookies like me have much to thank Internete in general, and this particular forum.

We learn a lot and quickly, but it is because there are people who explain it well.

My advice in my short experience: exercise, exercise, exercise ..... you burn glucose, you develop greater insulin sensitivity, you are in shape, you feel comfortable ... you control cholesterol, etc ... etc ....

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/25/2010 3:38 a.m.

When they diagnosed me 10 years ago it was fundamental Internet, we have no educator in diabetes, so I learned toooooodo in the forums, I still maintain a good friendship with the first foreros that I met then: d.
I subscribe what Nacho says, the exercise is very important, I have it very clear, but as long as the glucose is well controlled, if you are decompensated it aggravates everything.
What people are you from?Is that my mother was palentina and I still have a family out there: D

DiabetesForo
06/25/2010 4:23 a.m.

Well, if the truth is a lot of you learn in these forums, the sport little by little because the truth is I start to know myself, heh, he, so for the moment every day, I hope in a short time to exercise stronger.

What I wear worst are on weekends, and eat or dinner outside gives me enough respect.

I am the Saturday night I put a good dinner I usually wear 4 undiades because I said how I will have dinner more because I put on two more, and zas at two hours 50 ???And less bad that I mediated because I had not noticed anything, it should be for the two glasses of wine that I took, je, jee, I think it took enough hydrates, I still lack the dessert?Can you change the fruit for a dessert?

How do you eat out ???

Another question, when the honeymoon ends is the control of glycemia worse or is it more stable?

Greetings friends.

DiabetesForo
06/25/2010 4:53 a.m.

Hi Estud, welcome to the club!
The meals/dinners away from home, is another story .... FatMeasure more often to learn how it affects you.The dessert, of course, you will also have to learn to calculate how many extra insulin units you have to put on and ready ... You will see how little by little you are making a fairly normal life.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/26/2010 6:43 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.