Medtronic insulin bomb

laya's profile photo   07/15/2010 5:03 a.m.

Good morning!!!

Yesterday they called me from the hospital to tell me that my bomb has already arrived, and that I have to go, that they have to explain everything again.

I have been told that the Medtronic have asked me.How many models are there?Is it the one that carries the glucose?

Forgive, but I'm a bit lost.

Thank you very much in advance.

laya's profile photo
laya
07/15/2010 5:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Laya, surely I see you that it is the latest version.Measure is optional, it is a continuous meter that is actually related to Medtronic bombs, but they are different devices.

Ask what you want, although you see it seems that there are many people on vacation.
By the way, congratulations !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/20/2010 7:36 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Welcome to the group, Laya.
A server has been hanging over for more than eight years.That's why I'm veteran.At the moment I have the same one that, probably, they will place you, I see it from Medtronic.This is the second of mine.The first was the 507, also of Medtronic.
Courage and trust the device.You will get used to her very soon and, above all, you will notice an improvement in the day -to -day life of your diabetes.However, at some bad time you will want to give a pull to the catheter.In those moments, squeeze the teeth, breathe deep and think that you are (we are) of the group of privileges who have a doctor, insulin, glucose meter and, now, even a continuous infusion bomb ... I do not want you to take me for a fatherPreacher, but there are still a few million people like you and like me who have none of the above.
Well, to what we are going.The continuous meter is very good but it is not a matter of carrying it permanently.Afternoon in the afternoon, for a more precise and detailed studies it is fine to put it for three or four days.But nothing more.In addition, like everything in Medtronic is expensive.
We don't know what area you are from.It is not the best time of the year to start the bomb.The heat and sweat of the time do not get along with the adhesives in the skin.If you escape a little through the specific forum of the bomb you will see some comments that can be interesting.
And you are not in a hurry or distress for anything.Little by little.
By private message I send you my email.Do not hesitate to contact me for any questions or clarification.It will be a pleasure.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/21/2010 11:20 a.m.

Thank you very much Velia and Joaquin, for your answers and your spirits.
Tomorrow they give me the bomb to familiarize me with her (let's see K Tal).
I will tell you a greeting Ana: D

laya's profile photo
laya
07/26/2010 7 p.m.

Hi Laya:

I have been I see her from Medtronic for almost 3 months ..... I am delighted with her and despite a couple of problems at first now I am great.At first I was a bit reluctant, in fact when the endo told me it cost me a disgust and a cry.Now I think that as I could be so silly, I regret I have not listened before and I would not change my bomb for anything in the world ...!!And the forum has helped me a lot ...... So any questions you have already know .......... Here we are for what you need.

virginia's profile photo
virginia
07/27/2010 3:28 a.m.

Wave someone who practices underwater fishing carries the bomb would like to know how it does and how is it thanks

Mourad's profile photo
Mourad
05/07/2016 9:43 p.m.

Hello, I have a tremendous problem, every time I change the reservoir in the Medtronic Minimed Pump: the first bolus is interrupted and I get an "interrupted infusion, review reservoir, etc. my son has been carrying it recently and it happened to me eachOnce I made the change, I do everything to be thoroughly checking each step, and nothing today at 6 u.The first, the following are not interrupted except once it happened to me with two bolics in a row, to see if someone can guide me

pco's profile photo
pco
06/28/2016 11:57 p.m.

Hello, I am 17 years old and one day I went to a meeting on diabetes where there was an older man who had a bomb and you say it was the best, but the others of the meeting said that the bomb is not exact and fails sometimes.That's true?And another question when you want to shower or go to the beach you do?At my age do you recommend me to wear insulin bomb?

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
06/29/2016 6:37 a.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

@alvarozuma I am diabetic already 30.5 years.I was thinking about the bomb for about 4 years and I have been since July last year.Hopefully!!I would have put it before.
As the whole bomb is an electronic product and I can ever give you some failure, it has not happened to me.
It may happen that you get bubbles, to whom we carry animas do not usually sign, well to my particularly I have never left them or not detected.
Well, when you show it, let's take it away, we go because I go in minor cloths, I don't disconnect on the beach, there are water pumps that nothing happens if you are connected.
I don't care if they see me on the beach with her.
With the bomb you can play a lot with the basal increasing or decreasing them, so it can help you a lot.
There is some thread about the pumps, to see if I find it later and send it to you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2016 10:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Alvarozuma My case is similar to yours and even more that of Jconegar.I had seen older people with a bomb saying it was the best, but I saw it a lot of thus as well as the majority.After ten years of insistence on the part of the endocrine a year ago I put it on it and the truth that for me has been a change to better, allows me to adapt as I make the basal doses and avoid ups or doses thanks to the fact that I also use a meter that meIndicate trends.
Problems in my case with the bubbles I have had, and although it is already solved you can sometimes fail the catheter or the machine, but it is still specific things.This I think is one of the reasons why before putting bomb many doctors ask you to have enough information and ability to be able to act in these cases, but we are going as easy as learning to use a mobile. For possible failures notDescartes.
For your age I would recommend it, but I think that more what age I would think about your rhythm of life and that pump can be adapted more to you, or if you really do not want to put it on.Check it with your endocrine and tell you options before telling you about a if you want to put it on and then ask what you need here that we will help you.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/29/2016 3:31 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Pco, call Medtronic right now if you haven't done it yet.It seems an internal failure of the bomb and I say it from experience, my daughter carries Medtronic 640 g and even though it seems incredible it already goes for the third, she has had two defective pumps in a row.Call and describe the whole problem.At least telephone attention is good and the new bomb comes soon, at least in our case.It is quite overwhelming that these things happen, I understand perfectly.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
06/30/2016 1:21 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Hello first, I extend my most cordial greetings to all, I am a patient who is receiving the training to use insulin bomb and I have some concerns with respect to the bomb and its inputs, I live in Venezuela and in case it is extremely difficult to supportThis country and much more maintain an insulin bomb, now that I will start using one I would like to know if it is possible to prolong a little more than the manufacturer says the use of reservoirs and even catheter, since the acquisition of inputsHere in Venezuela it is extremely difficult, barely manages to buy treatment for three months and I don't know when there will be an availability of supplies again, so it would be great if you can prolong a little more the use of these inputs ...

wihad's profile photo
wihad
12/07/2016 3:12 a.m.

I am very worried because my son has a very high glucose and I put 3 more units because he still had an active insulin and I do not lower him, how can I make sure that the insulin happens, this has already happened to us once again, but I don't knowHow to do because if I put a bolus with the disconnected catheter, he tells how insulin active, if someone reads me and could clarify, thanks

pco's profile photo
pco
12/18/2016 2:09 a.m.

Disconnecting the body of the body, you can put one or more filled with cannula and it does not tell this to remove the air bubbles that are in the catheter. You can also rewind and re -fill the catheter as if you were changing the infusion equipment.
The only thing that if the problem is in the cannula that you carry the body do not see it.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
12/18/2016 10:09 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Thank you very much, I did it rewinding and now it goes well, another problem we have is with the differences between the measurement of the sensor and the capillary, sometimes it suspends it and it is not really in limit low, I do not know how I could solve this.Right now it marked 53 and it really was in 108. The sensor is new, put tonight, I calibrated it again and now marks 71, I don't know if they will be real.

pco's profile photo
pco
12/19/2016 3:13 a.m.

Hello everyone, I'm from Argentina.I am using a Medtronic Paradigm 754 bomb since May of this year. The truth is that I am a little disappointed I thought I was going to change my life radically and it was not so.The sensor is usually barefoot with which I must make myself capillarily and also fail to control the ups and downs.Has anyone happened to someone?I appreciate you can tell me something to help me understand if I'm using it badly.Greetings

Eva Rico's profile photo
Eva Rico
01/07/2017 9:20 p.m.

Hi @Eva Rico.If the sensor does not work well you maybe you can try another brand to see how.If the sensor goes well, with an activated alarm, you should avoid hypoglycemia.
On the bomb, it is very patiently to refine the basal pattern and the ratios.When you see that a rise or decrease is repeated at an hour when there are neither bowling or active carbohydrates, as you increase/decreasing the basal between 1-2 hours before the moment that goes up or down.And you check the next day that the change works.
And for the ratios, because at 2 hours of eating you see the levels to retouch the breakfast/food and dinner ratio.
The bomb is not the panacea, but with effort it allows you to be better and have a lot of flexibility.If you have the pattern well done, you could even skip a meal and you should not get off.In fact to test that the basal when it comes to a meal is fine, that is done.
Unfortunately this work never ends.You will have a basal that works well for days and suddenly to make modifications.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
01/08/2017 12:55 a.m.

Hello everyone, I am new in the forum.
I have a problem with the infusor and I am trying to get in touch with Medtronic in a unsuccessful way of 3 hours ago.I don't know what to do the infusor does not pass my insulin since I have been mistake A33 and I have found that it is a serious mistake.Have you found that you don't take the phone ???

esther anoia's profile photo
esther anoia
08/20/2017 7:14 p.m.

@"Esther Ania" lately Medtronic's customer service in Spain leaves much to be desired.You can throw yourself calling hours and hours in a row, but with a lot of patience and insisting they end up taking the phone

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/22/2017 9:12 p.m.

The average of my calls are at least 20 minutes until the phone is caught.If you call Spain (I do not know if it is from 9 to 5 in the afternoon) better because if it is at the time that those in there, they already die of penalty.They should hire more technicians for telephone service so there were not so many waiting.On the other hand, if you can talk to Teresa of the Technical Technical Service, for me the best !!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
08/24/2017 10:06 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.