I want a bomb

mpgp's profile photo   05/02/2012 2:29 p.m.

Pabloj2000, I'm glad that the MCG has managed to improve the control of your diabetes and have won in life.
I have little experience with the MCG.For my point of view the profile is something different from pump patients.With what you expose, you seem like a good candidate for insulin bomb, especially for inadvertent hypoglycemia;Usually with infusor it is greatly reduced glycemic variability and reduce hypoglycemia (with this it does in many cases that you notice them again, so that continuous monitoring is not so necessary; in fact I have a patient who did not notice hypoglycemia andHe had a lot of sensitivity to insulin, with the pump the variability was reduced and he had less hypoglycemia, noticing them).The insulin pump usually goes well for people with irregular schedules, since you can modify your basal profiles, make temporal basals if you exercise or in a disease situation, different types of bowling (normal, square, dual, extended, in your case they couldcome well);It has also been shown that HBA1C low point compared to multiple injections.
The continuous monitor associated with the pump gives another aid: the so -called "Low Glucose suspend", which stops the pump when the glycemia drops above a certain level (it would be indicated in patients with inadvertent hypoglycemia despite carrying the pump).This is a candidate patient profile.Others could be pediatric patients;For a few days in a patient, when the reason for insufficient diabetes control is not clarified, ...
Continuous glucose monitor problems: The patient should know how to interpret the data and make appropriate decisions based on them, if it is not of little use.The MCG must be calibrated with hair glycemia (so the punctures of the finger are not eliminated) and when there are many high/low the blood glucose that reflects the MCG can vary to the capillary.It continues to take a pot 24 h a day.For me, MCG today is for very specific patients and I do not see clear universal financing for public health.
In the coming months, there will be news in glucose measurement systems that promise to be quite interesting.
Greetings.

manromz's profile photo
manromz
08/02/2014 2:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I hope @Manromz that your opinion is not majority among medical professionals.

For a type 1 diabetic and for their relatives - especially in the case of minors - knowing at all times the glucose level gives you life.Thus, directly, without nuances.Beside him, the rest is secondary.
You have to be diabetic (type 1 or type 3) to understand what we are talking about;Living up close and daily with diabetes to know what your sugar level means knowing at all times ... and what it represents not knowing it.

Knowing how to interpret the data (neither are so many level and trend) and make decisions (eating, not eating, putting insulin) is available to everyone with sufficient training.Training that is your work, professionals.

I do not understand that you criticize the MCG and Augurs benefits of the new systems to leave that, in this forum, we already know thanks especially to Óscar (@hansolo).The new systems, next to a continuous MCG with warning alarms, are a real joke.Cheap, but a joke.
And you say that the pump improves half a point the HBA1C.In countries with more experience in MCG there are already studies that also certify the improvement of HBA1C with MCG.

What current MCG systems are not yet reliable?Well, let's improve them.Of course, if professionals do not help, it will be more complicated that the funds for development and research go in that line.And that is, together with the cure, the line to follow.Definitely.Everything happens, even the improvement of the pumps, due to the improvement of MCG systems.

In any case, thanks for your interventions.They are very welcome.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
08/03/2014 7 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Ok I've been with diabetes for 16 years, but I can tell me that it is the MCG Hracias

otti's profile photo
otti
08/03/2014 7:55 a.m.

@otti Continuous glucose meter;)

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
08/03/2014 1:02 p.m.

I join the opinion of Paul and Aandres and for me it is what gives me a little quality of life and of course it improves hemoglobin, 8.4 on December 13, when I start using it and as of today 5.5, if thisIt is not significantly improving .....

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/03/2014 6:38 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hi Manromz.
Thank you very much for your opinion and the information you have given us.
I debuted in 2010 with 39 years something late for a type 1, until my diagnosis I spent them Canut, because I was fatal with different symptoms but I did not debut until 2010.
At 2 and a half, my header recommended me to change the endocrine because not only my diabetes with great hyposLittle because I practically did not ate hydrates.An absolute lack of control ...
Since then and with the change of doctor we match the doses and carry a bolus counter apart from diabetes education (I control rations perfectly, etc ...).
I have asked the endocrine a thousand times a bomb because I think I can improve my levels quite a lot and of course my quality of life, I am commercial and I am all day on the road, I have hypos that I do not notice them and I also get up in 200 almost always,As soon as I upload the slow night drops.
My doctor tells me that the bomb is not a solution and there is no way that I do not tell me why, the truth is that in the consultations of the day hospital he has come to be confused as a patient up to three times, the thing has parsley.
I do not know what I can do because as the Rocío Day Hospital see me, there are all the endocrine, ask for a new change and go worse because I don't know ...
My GP, even call to colleagues who knows to see if they can put the bomb in another hospital in Seville, but currently only put it in the Virgen del Rocío.
I need advice, I appreciate it
THANK YOU

anicordoba's profile photo
anicordoba
08/04/2014 5:27 a.m.

@mimbek thanks haha

otti's profile photo
otti
08/04/2014 12:40 p.m.

Ani, while you get the pump, you can try to use insulin lantus. It is once a day, and if you put it in the morning, you avoid the nocturnal hypos.In the meals the quick is needed, according to rations, of course.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/04/2014 10:11 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Regina, I already put Levemir 32 unds distributed 2 times a day is a slow action insulin and fast -acting humalog in correction bolos.
A year ago I have a glucometer Bowl calculator and much better (of course) that I am always pending and correcting myself, but honestly that is not life, always pending the machine.The food, the feathers and looking for a place to prick (I am out of home all day) and with the fear in the body that does not call me down.
Yesterday at 6 in the morning I had a hiccup that left me all day in bed, I was very very weak, there is hypo that I recover without problems and others that leave me fatal, I do not know if the same will happen to you.

anicordoba
08/05/2014 5:11 a.m.

@anicordoba, I tell you my little experience with the bomb to get an idea.I've been a diábetica for 22 years, but in March they put my bomb to stabilize a pregnancy (in my case they recommended it to me, I was not very for the work, the truth).It is true that my levels have stabilized a lot, but the hypos do not avoid them equally.I have had many serious hypos and I know what you mean, I have had periods in which I panicked because I didn't know if I was going to wake up.Now I have a 5.4 hemo and I am very controlled, I do about 10 daily controls, but I still have unexpected hypos.I think, in your place, that the MCG would give you greater peace of mind.And of course I would continue looking for who puts the bomb because in the day to day you will have greater normality, as they have said previously.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
08/05/2014 9:05 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

Thanks Aryi
The issue according to my opinion is not carefree about the disease, it is about improving profiles and especially winning in tranquility.I think there are many tools to make our lives easier and we do not have the same opurtunity, it depends on the doctor's decision and for what I see the criterion of choice does not according to the treatment itself, but it is pure medical/economic objectivesThat is what is not fair.
The MCG if it is true that it would give me a lot of peace of mind but the SS does not happen.
The problem:
All day on the road
Hypos that I notice them too late
Night hypos
Very high glucose in the morning
Throughout the day I am more controlled, but very insecure ...
In addition to continuous exhaustion that despairs me, I suppose they are from the hypos.

anicordoba
08/05/2014 10:12 a.m.

Well, in your case I would try an MCG for the hypos and especially if you are always with the car, it would give you a lot of peace of mind, I put myself for that, at least for a while until you see how your patterns are and do theconvenient adjustments to avoid those hypos and those 200 in the morning, which are the same bounces of a nocturnal hypo

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/05/2014 4:34 p.m.

Hello Gala, yes, I agree with you, I also believe that I get up high because I have inadvertent hypos at night (I also wake up dust).
What steps have you taken for the MCG?What model is it?
THANK YOU

anicordoba
08/06/2014 7:31 a.m.

Manromz said:
Pabloj2000, I'm glad that the MCG has improved the control of your diabetes and won as life.
I have little experience with the MCG.For my point of view the profile is something different from pump patients.With what you expose, you seem like a good candidate for insulin bomb, especially for inadvertent hypoglycemia;Usually with infusor it is greatly reduced glycemic variability and reduce hypoglycemia (with this it does in many cases that you notice them again, so that continuous monitoring is not so necessary; in fact I have a patient who did not notice hypoglycemia andHe had a lot of sensitivity to insulin, with the pump the variability was reduced and he had less hypoglycemia, noticing them).The insulin pump usually goes well for people with irregular schedules, since you can modify your basal profiles, make temporal basals if you exercise or in a disease situation, different types of bowling (normal, square, dual, extended, in your case they couldcome well);It has also been shown that HBA1C low point compared to multiple injections.
The continuous monitor associated with the pump gives another aid: the so -called "Low Glucose suspend", which stops the pump when the glycemia drops above a certain level (it would be indicated in patients with inadvertent hypoglycemia despite carrying the pump).This is a candidate patient profile.Others could be pediatric patients;For a few days in a patient, when the reason for insufficient diabetes control is not clarified, ...
Continuous glucose monitor problems: The patient should know how to interpret the data and make appropriate decisions based on them, if it is not of little use.The MCG must be calibrated with hair glycemia (so the punctures of the finger are not eliminated) and when there are many high/low the blood glucose that reflects the MCG can vary to the capillary.It continues to take a pot 24 h a day.For me, MCG today is for very specific patients and I do not see clear universal financing for public health.
In the coming months, there will be news in glucose measurement systems that promise to be quite interesting.
Greetings.

Hi Manromz and thanks for the answer.Personally I do not consider myself a good candidate for the bomb, the hypos that I have I find out, go if I find out!Before the MGC, I was continuously so high 250-350, that with having it 100 for me it was already a hypo and noticed the symptoms).I really believe that the bomb can have good results - I don't speak for experience, it is for assumptions - but it does not work for everyone, and requires being strict, scheduled ... just the opposite that for my way of seeing allows the MGC,That even without "knowledge" -basic- you can live perfectly, simply looking at him.You can eat when the dexcom "invites" or when you feel like weekends you can get up whenever you want (or the dexcom "wake up"), but let's say you forget to plan anything, or walk meals, etc ...Of course, I speak in my case, and I am aware that if in addition to "orderly" you use an MGC, you can reach almost healthy levels, since just when you flirt with low values, it is when you have more risk of hypoglycemia.

On the subject of calibrating it, I do not see it a major problem ... after all, any other method needs to control blood glucose with measurements.

I insist, I appreciate your opinion, it seems reasoned to me ... although I do not share it.I do not understand that I can have a quite good freedom and quality of life, and that the SS does not want this, but want it to live subject to guidelines and conditions"Slave" and that in certain work situations, or you are a trade unionist who cannot touch you, or leftovers.

To me the dexcom is going fantastically, I can't find a but.It is necessary, reliable, and I make decisions according to what it marks, I totally trust.Of course, I have learned after many years to know what moments it is more reliable or not, and to discard it directly to the lower symptom of lack of precision (my experience tells me that stretching 2 days more fighting with him, I do not get anything, and if being"Unprotected" so that I at the first ????

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/06/2014 7:49 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Paul totally agree with you

anicordoba
08/06/2014 7:56 a.m.

By the way, it totally agrees with the comment of fellow Aaandres.As a father, if my son had the same misfortune as me, Dexcom should be mandatory ... it would be a peace of mind for him, for us ...
We live with some advances that make certain things unfair, and I believe unjustified "train" a child as 15 years ago, all acts of faith, if you do this, this happens, if you do the other, the other happens ... that also, also,It is not always so (hypos).
A continuous glucose meter throws all this "indoctrination" on the ground, or rather, puts it in a second place, I trust more than what happens and the dexcom marks me, that someone tells me "if you eatAn apple and walk 1km you will be great "when like an apple ... and at 500 meters the dexcom whistling like crazy a hiccup ...

I believe that we are in a moment with some advances that allows us to put aside those impositions.And I insist, for children ... I am convinced that they earn more quality of life than anyone, they like parents (what a anguish ...).

And it seems reasonable to me that the SS begins to finance continuous medication to children, the elders, because to wait (it is not fair, but understandable).And in the end, all.
What is said that the MCG has very specific users?Well, better, so it will be cheaper ... but it is curious ... 99%, if not 100% of continuous measurement users are delighted and their quality of life increases a lot ... and only stopsUse for ... money, nothing more.Then we know what is the problem of the MGC, the cost, and this is what our health system has to solve.

greetings

pabloj2000
08/06/2014 8:04 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Anicordoba said:
Hi Gala, yes, I agree with you, I also believe that I get up high because I have unnoticed hypos at night (I also wake up dust).
What steps have you taken for the MCG?What model is it?
Thanks

Anicordoba, the MCG will be fantastic, do not hesitate.
Steps to get it?There is a post here indicating how to contact the distributor, a doctor, the header, that signs the paper (which is not authorization, simply has no problem) and nothing more ... prepare 1500 euros, and depending on theDuration that you take to the sensors, let's put 2 weeks ... 370 euros every 2 months, plus 400 euros every 9-11 months of the transmitter, making numbers, about 230 euros of monthly conste-without counting the initial investment.It is very easy, but nothing cheap.

The MCG changes your life, and it costs nothing to get used to it.Now we all look at the mobile every 10 minutes ... Well, a speech more than looking.Alarms programs to your liking, and then you decide what you do.I have said it several times, it is manual pancreas (you have instantaneous values, manually make decisions -comid -insulin), the automatic pancreas will be when the bomb itself does this.

Greetings and luck

pabloj2000
08/06/2014 8:09 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thanks Pablo, it's a shame! I think everyone has to fight for this, the SS has to incorporate it, I am increasingly clear that this disease has a cure brake on economic interests.
Pharmaceutucas companies have a bargain with diabetics.
How sad is!
At this time I am going to my reach, impossible to buy it and maintain it

anicordoba
08/06/2014 8:23 a.m.

Tell your endocrine to leave you a couple of weeks to try, in hospitals they usually have them for that, so that we can try them.I take each sensor 3-4 weeks, which reduces the price considerably

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/06/2014 2:33 p.m.

Thanks Gala, because in September I have an appointment with the endocrine, which I do not know if now that I have a vacation to take advantage and go through the day unit to see what management I follow to ask for the pump or change of the doctor or wait for the appointment with the doctor.
I am confusing, because I know that in my appointment with the endocrine we will not solve anything, it is safer that the hemo has uploaded to me and he will tell me that the slow one comes up, and I do not find out that as soon as I upload the slowThey give me hypos.

anicordoba
08/07/2014 5:40 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.