Insulflon

dsrodri's profile photo   05/09/2012 2:09 p.m.

Hi, tell us that last week we were in the endocrine and as always, he does not want to hear about the bomb, his reasons are that my child is very well controlled and does not need it, come on, a resounding.The educator nurse presented the IISulflon, which is an injection port for rapid insulin, which is inserted into the brracito or the belly, and which is changed every three days, and with which we could save about 90 punctures a month.I would like to know if someone has used or knows anything else that gave me information, if worth it, etc.Thank you so much

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
05/09/2012 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, I had heard something, but I have gooked online and I didn't just like it.

It is a subcutaneous catheter, which is "fixed" and there you put the needle of the pen or the syringe to introduce insulin.

It is true that you reduce punctures, logically, because it changes every 3 days.
And you can use the syringe that is always much more accurate than feathers.

On the other hand, the child's independence is reduced ... He can not put the catheter in any way ... Besides that it should not be simple, I do not know if there is a system like the bombs where it is much easier.
I imagine that if the patient is thin, the danger of not getting the subcutaneous area is large.

A video of the YouTube on how it is inserted:

And a link to the commercial brand:

I doubt that in Spain it will be marketed and is funded by Social Security.

I find the mania incredible health professionals to relate good control to the exclusion of the pump ... What will have to do?
They continue to penalize those who are well controlled in an unfair way.

My opinion is that to put the insuffion you put the bomb, they are the same punctures and with the best capacity of future control.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/09/2012 4:21 p.m.

uf .... what cosíta gave me how that was, it cost me a lot to get used to the punctures to that I would cost me more.
Owash forgive my ignorance but this man had a notable about weight and had a place to put it on, a thin person could also put it on?

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/09/2012 6:09 p.m.

Owash, thank you very much for the information, and Quim, the truth is that it impresses a bit to see how it puts it on.My child is very thin, he barely has any fat, he is very athlete, every muscle, I do not know if that would influence when it comes to the subcutaneous area
Our hospital is the clinic of Granada, and told us the nurse who has already put two children, and who are happy.The change of catheter every three days costs about 3 euros, and we would have to talk to the usual pharmacy to provide us with

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
05/10/2012 1:32 p.m.

My opinion is that to put the insuffion you put the bomb, they are the same punctures and with better future control capacity.

I think it's the most correct.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
05/12/2012 1:05 p.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

I have some more information.

Insuffon has been authorized since January of this year in Spain, and for the moment it is not funded by Social Security.

DiabetesForo
05/14/2012 3:16 p.m.

Hello everyone, I had not written for a long time but I always remember you and I read you, I tell you about insufflon, since I thought it was somewhat more widespread and I see that it is not so.

We are using it since April, the change at the beginning we did every 3 days, now we leave it 4 and even there are those who have been put on 5. In the book of "Type 1 Diabetes in young adults, adolescents and children" there is a very chapterExtensive dedicated to him and it was precisely where I saw that one or two more days could be carried out without problem (although the manufacturer recommends that they are 3) we talked to the endocrine and it seemed correct that we leave it 4.
The child is 3 years old and his hemoglobin was 7 with NPH and Humalog, even so the endo sugarío that with a change to Lantus and the use of insuffins the comfort and control could be even better.So we decided to try it even though it is not covered by the SS and the price in pharmacies for a box of 10 (1 per month) ranges from 32/38 euros.
The child is very thin and the area in which you have to place it is the upper part of the culete, since we put it until we remove the comfort is absolute, the catheter endures without moving and the dressing without detachment even with beach and pool.The main problem is when it comes to putting it, which is not left and we have to force him, it is nothing more than a few seconds, but the poor passes it fatal, it is inserted at an angle of 45º and once placed, with the first use you have toAdd 0.5 more unit to complete the first dose, in the successive ones you have to inject the established dose.
At night it is very good because it allows us to add 0.5 more if it is above 250 and when you are asleep or find out.
They are already negotiating to be included by the SS.

I see these inconveniences
- You can only administer a type of insulin, the Lantus has to put it apart.Still save 16 punctures.
- The needle is too big
- It is not covered by the SS., You have to buy it in the pharmacy, although we now buy it in the association and the box costs 25 euros.

helora's profile photo
helora
07/09/2012 7:58 a.m.

I think that would go well if you have lipodystrophic problems due to insulin punctures, if not, I don't see any utility at that time.

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/23/2012 1:59 p.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

The utility is that you save 4 punctures a day, 28 a week, 120 per month or already further, 1460 a year ... that is said soon.

helora's profile photo
helora
11/07/2012 4:41 a.m.

Hi, I am from Chile between the forum recently and greet you.
Well I use the insufflon about 2 years, I am 34 years old and I must say that my insufflon I have arrived
To use up to 7 days without complications apart from redness and nothing else.
My life is another thanks to this wonder, if the Ultim while incursing it, I do it standing
And that should not be done, I never do it again, broken hair glasses and a bruise was
In my abdomen, always place it sitting if it is in the abdomen.
For the rest that is my experience with the insufflon, I am 21 years with Diabetes Like
Any questions they have do not hesitate to do it, I am paramedic and work in Pediatria.
THANK YOU !!: D

catgina's profile photo
catgina
01/15/2013 8:44 p.m.

Good afternoon, I am new to this and I wanted to ask Helora a little thing, where are you from?It is difficult for me to find the insufflon I am from Fuenlabrada (Madrid) my child is four years old and they have put it a month ago.And I am very happy unless I can't find it and in pharmacies they don't know how to ask for it. Thank you

chuchi_28970's profile photo
chuchi_28970
08/20/2013 1:40 p.m.

Try calling the company that markets it:
Link us.html

I imagine that they will have a reference number and with that it should not be complicated for your pharmacy to get it.

DiabetesForo
08/20/2013 3:53 p.m.

Hello everyone, I have never heard about the insuffion but in regard to the bomb if I have to say that the endocrine has rejected me several times even a question of whether I would be worth for me.The most that I got to get was that it is the last resort when the control is very bad and that at the moment to my nothing.
I have never arrived has a glycosylated or 6.5 even, so Jo ... and endure with the feathers and 4 "flags" daily.
The only "break" that I had was when they took out the inhaled insulin with which I was only 4 months before they loaded it.
I do not know other people but I am arto to prick;And if that were not enough, I have to help to prick my brother a medicine called betaferon because he has m mltiple sclerosis;This for a year now, which happens that I have already caught me tired with mine, but there we continue, what are we going to do ..

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/23/2013 7:43 a.m.

AJD, what results did you have with the inhaled?
Many encouragement with your brother ... As for ours, for the moment it is for life, so we better take it as well as possible ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/23/2013 12:27 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

The inhaled, I understand that I retired because it caused cancer ...

fer's profile photo
fer
08/23/2013 1:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Ups ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/23/2013 1:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Here I leave you a thread about inhaled insulin and its withdrawal ...

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
08/23/2013 2:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

My results were not bad with the inhaled although I almost did not have time to get used to it although it is true that the injections are better but I was willing to have a little worse control to continue by clicking so much.
I did not know how concrete they withdrew it but I heard it was for sales that did not reach what those of the pharmaceutical industry wanted.

ajd's profile photo
ajd
08/26/2013 7:20 a.m.

fer said:
The inhaled, I understand that it was retired because it caused cancer ...
>

I know a person who worked in the investigation and development of inhaled insulin and I doetc .. They were an invention, but some injected insulin laboratories (he did not tell me which one) they bought everything and took it out of the middle, we did not want competition.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
08/26/2013 8:18 a.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Thanks Fer for the article;)
I think that in everything that wraps diabetes, there is an impressive business ... :(

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/27/2013 6:37 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.