We take off the catheter

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/18/2012 4:49 a.m.

Hello, since the heat has started and now even more with the pool, the cateters endure us, in 1 day or 2 maximum they take off, and as we do not realize that it has been taken off ascent that we take.

As you do, Alejandro sweats a lot and immediately begins to take off at the edges, I have tried 2 types of aposty and nothing.Do you have any trick to last at least 3 days?

Thank you.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/18/2012 4:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, we use Nobecuta, it is a aerosol that is pulverized on the cannula and fixes it, we always put it before getting into the pool and we are doing well, I hope it serves you.All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
06/18/2012 7:50 a.m.

I do not understand very well that you mean to spray the canula, before inserting it you mean? And with the apartment taken off or without taking off? Forgive my ignorance but I had never heard about any spray.

Thank you.

DiabetesForo
06/19/2012 4:44 a.m.

Link ... 83_16584@2 >
I take an eye on this page.
It is a spray that is pulverized on the dressing of the cannula already placed, you let it dry a few minutes and create a transparent movie and you can bathe a time without problems, at least my daughter is what best goes in summer with so muchpool.He always uses it before each bathroom in pool, if the cannula dressing is detached a little by the edges we also use it even if it is not going to bathe, if it is very taken off we change the cannula because I no longer did that it works.
I bought it at the pharmacy.
All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
06/19/2012 6:15 a.m.

Well, this afternoon I bought the Nobecuta and for now it works well.
I am also to sweat well and now in summer even more.
He had the edges of the dressing a little detached, especially on one side was very precarious.

I have sprayed by covering the catheter with a gauze, because I feared that later I could not connect the cannula ... for now it seems that it has perfectly paste the dressing, nothing shows, it does not leave mark on the skin ...

DiabetesForo
06/19/2012 12:42 p.m.

I is the first summer that happened with the bomb ... on the beach !!In the pool I have not had problems, but on the beach, with the theme of the sand and everything ... I don't know what to do ....
I disconnect the bomb, I put the tapancillo that comes (Medtronic, Paradigm I see) so that nothing between anything in the catheter, but still, the same is sneaks in a particulilla that prevents that then can open the plug ..... (I don't know if I expressed myself well, for you to understand me ...).
I think there were a kind of transparent apostites for these cases, but I don't know a name, or prices, or if they take off with water ... or if there is a better alternative!

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
06/20/2012 8:39 a.m.

After 1 day with the Nobecuta, he tries surpassed in half ... This afternoon, after showering myThat is ready again.

By the way, Nobecuta costs 17 euros.

DiabetesForo
06/20/2012 3:12 p.m.

I have commissioned it in the pharmacy, today I will pick it up and see how it is going.

By the way, as you do on the beach? Why Alejandro is put in the catheter and then there is no way to connect the pump.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2012 5:59 a.m.

The beares to cover the cannula are called Tagaderm Film, there are several sizes, it is transparent and takes some glue at the edges, but my daughter does not give good results, in a short time they end up floating in the water, they leave much moreexpensive that the Nobecuta and the only ones that I have found in the pharmacy are of large size 10 apostites are worth € 11, (in the hospital they gave us a box of the size of the 6cm cannula).
And the Nobecuta is what he has, when the cannula is already a little taken away, you have to be made of time to time to hit it, especially before the bathroom and exercise.
On the beach you can use both to protect the cannula.
All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
06/21/2012 9:30 a.m.

Man, the tagaderm I imagine that they will be lazy to not take us by throwing or take off the catheter, right?uuuffff ... is that if it is not that option ... there will be no more, right?What a grassland that we are going to leave in summer!hahaha

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
06/21/2012 9:43 a.m.

Good afternoon ... I understand that you put the Nobecutam on the catheter so that it does not take off.
I have the doubt of how the Nobecutam is removed once you use it, I think it is difficult to remove the protective movie that stays in the skin and there is no way to remove it, if you can tell me how you clean the area to remove the Nobecutam.
Thank you so much....
The truth is that the summer for those who have young children ... scare.We have dropped it twice to the pool and problems with the catheter, the cateters have taken off at least twice,

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
06/21/2012 12:09 p.m.

The remains of the Nobecuta that they are on the skin (not those of the cannula) take it with rose oil impregnated in a gauze and then passing another clean gauze to remove the oil remains, but very carefully not to give the dressingFrom the cannula because it takes off with the oil, in short, that this summer is a total roll and sometimes for many precautions that we take, they end up taking off.
All the best.

anabel's profile photo
anabel
06/21/2012 12:45 p.m.

I suppose that with the children it is a roll, because they want to go to the pool every day, but for the beach for the sand (and to a lesser extent for the pool) I have chosen to take off my dressing, after several scares it does not compensate for meAvoid some puncture for that.I take the Humalog ball and every hour or two hours puncture and solved.
The first time I went to the beach, I had a bad time, I got sand in the cannula, the insulin did not have a good time, I was very reddened with the area ...
For the continuous sensor I use the skin tac wipe wipes and works wonderfully and if I see that it is released a little by the edges I give my wipe and like new

tica's profile photo
tica
06/21/2012 1:17 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Beach+Child+Pump seems impossible to me ... it ends up in sand in the child, the bomb and parents ...

The remains of the Nobecuta have removed them with water and sponge, without problems.

I have had the inconvenience this morning because when I got up and dressing I could not unscrew the catheter cannula, I think I put a little of Nobecuta where the cannula was screwed and today I could not turn it.
Luckily today I had a catheter change and at noon I have changed everything.
Once everything I have forced a little and I have been able to unscrew the catheter.

DiabetesForo
06/21/2012 1:58 p.m.

Ufff, the sand, small chestnut!We chose to measure before leaving home, correct if necessary and disconnect the pump and put the cap before going down to the beach ... then between the movement and the residual breakfast insulin endures perfectly until the time of picking us.If it is necessary to put insulin, we rinse the area with the shower or with water from the bottle, connect the pump, put the necessary bolus and disconnect again, trying that the area does not have cntact with the sand ... so it is doing well, theTruth, and Angela is buried, it makes boats, come on, everything.It is also true that since it has oblique catheters the problems have been minimized because the connection is totally different, it does not go to thread, but as a machihembrado.
Juan Luis, however, has not had problems except for 1 time ...
Come, good luck and enjoy summer.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/22/2012 5:32 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well it seems that the Nobecuta works us, we have lowered the pool and the catheter continues in place, I cross the fingers because it is the solution, at least to the theme sweat and pool in summer, the beach as they say is anothersing.

Velia, we also do like you, when we go down to the beach we take pump and go with the cap, but the problem is that as it reboys (literally) in sand, then if you have to correct or when it comes to getting home and connect thePump the plug does not turn us to remove it, it gets sandy and there is no way to remove it.

DiabetesForo
06/28/2012 4:37 a.m.

The following works:

We have the IV 3000 dressings, we buy them from Medtronic, I don't know if they can be achieved by another way.
We make a hole in the middle, a little larger than the catheter plug and as you can imagine, I hit it leaving the cap in the hole.

The catheter does not take off, the cannula is firmer.
Once in the dressing we slipped a little sand from the beach, we took it off, the cannula did not move and put another one.

Luck.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
07/16/2012 1:35 p.m.

Hello friends, after a century without going here for several reasons, I want to catch up.
To us the novecutan does not work with Noe, nor the tegaderm or omnifix dressings, the only thing that results in 100% with some adhesive wipes, the Skin Tac Wipe.It is passed through the catheter insertion zone, it is allowed to dry for a few seconds and put on the catheter and that endures cars and carts ... yes, then to take off it a little alcohol is needed.
I buy them by calling 902117362 from Novalab.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
08/15/2012 6:38 a.m.

Mornita, how much do the wipes cost you?

The nobecutan solution went to punch: Evil :: Evil :: x: x: x
Before getting into the pool, I threw it for all the edges ... He endured hardly, of course I spent a short time inside the water and almost did not move ...

The second test was already disastrous ... I did the same, but at 2 minutes inside the water had already taken off completely, little by little I made a couple of lengths the dressing went to dutters.

And with the third test the same happened: ((: (((((
The worst thing is that then you have to dry very well and not sweat in the attempt, because if you are wet or sweat it is another disaster and failure: oops :: oops:

The Nobecutan works well for me when I sweat, helps to fix the adhesive again and endures me perfect 1 or 2 days ...

I have been looking at other wipes, conven prep .... Does anyone know them?

They are usually used to improve the support of osteomy bags.

DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 3:54 a.m.

Good morning, Owash, because I don't remember it very well but I think it was about 15 euros or with the porte included, 50 wipes come and Noe, which also has a very strong sweat the va phenomenal, endures the water, the attractions of waterOf the thematic parks, the inflatable castles .... let's let them throw ...

DiabetesForo
08/16/2012 6:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.