{'en': 'Glucosport, how many pills are necessary for hypoglycemic?', 'es': 'GlucoSport, ¿cuantas pastillas son necesarias para una hipoglucémia?'} Image

Glucosport, how many pills are necessary for hypoglycemic?

chema's profile photo   10/23/2010 1 p.m.

Hello everyone!

Today I have gone to the pharmacy and bought a glycosport box in pills.

My question is the following ... how many pills are necessary to overcome a hypo?

chema's profile photo
chema
10/23/2010 1 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, your body, according to how much is the hypo, according to whether you are walking down the street or sitting in the sofa ... normally, for example, if the hicc is not very strong, with one it is worth it, but I amwalking or is a hiccup of 60-50 me like 2 tablets.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
10/23/2010 2:55 p.m.

Yes, it depends on many things, among other things that drugs use ... Of course, if hypoglycemia is caused by an oral antidiabetic (except metformin) it is highly recommended to go to emergencies.If it causes it insulin and responds very well, it may not be necessary.

All the best

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/24/2010 9:02 a.m.

I am a bomb user. These tablets are 2.5. For example, if I had a 50 measurement, with how many tablets would, for example, to 90-100? To summarize: with a rise tablet: x x
That is my question, thanks: Mrgreen:

chema's profile photo
chema
10/24/2010 11:29 a.m.

It is very difficult to know an exact amount, since it depends on many factors such as your weight or the cause of hypoglycemia.If you want a general response to get that climb I think that with 1-2 tablets it is sufficient.However, I insist that an exact calculation is not possible ... Sorry

pedro jiménez's profile photo
pedro jiménez
10/24/2010 12:18 p.m.

Thank you very much. I will try

chema's profile photo
chema
10/24/2010 1:02 p.m.

Chema you will not have a choice to try, that is, to measure yourself when taking one or two tablets and so you will know how much you get on you because as each one has told you, we are different, we have different treatments, we make a different life ... etc... let's go, what is worth it as sure is that it does not work ...;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/24/2010 1:05 p.m.

If with 2 Glucosport you do not go back a hypo in 5 minutes better open the fridge and start drinking/eat the first hydrates you pile.
If you catch you on the street get into a bar (blessed Spain and its bars: mrgreen :) and bébete a normal cocacola.

Keep in mind that the glucosport is pure glucose and the blood glucose will rise immediately but you will need some cookie or bread to fix that blood celldo.

In my opinion, Glucosport serves an urgency, but it should not be the usual method to trace the hypos.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2010 4:22 p.m.

Now 2 Glucosport tablets are like 1 of the rectangular before (1Rac. HC, S), Angela takes much longer to trace with Glucosport than with juice: shock:.
Owahs, I do not understand what you mean with an emergency case .... a hypo is a hypo, no?, In order to treat urgently:-/ ... you take the fast absorption sugars (glucosport ,, juice, sugar)You expect a few minutes that the organism absorbs it and then you take a cookie or some slow HC to fix the blood glucose ... at least it is what I do and what they have taught us from the beginning.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/25/2010 5:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

As they have said, now the tablets have changed (worse, and I already let it know. The redesign has been shit both in its container that breaks and reducing the grammage of the pill).Before they were 10 g.And now 5, with which I doubt that a "standard" hiccups can be traced with less than two pills, you are probably needed.I usually eat the Glucosport as the first measure, I eat two, three or four, and then as something with flour to endure) if the next meal is far), such as cookies or bread.

As for the "trace" speed, in theory and on paper, it is usually faster by tracing the liquid than the solid.And when you are in a hurry, I pass by reading all the juices that have in the bar that between (because now many juices do not carry glucose, only fructose), so I ask for Coca Cola that is hypersupermegar pone up.A bottle of those of a lifetime (20 CL) is about 22-23 g.of HC, more than enough to get you out of any bump.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/25/2010 7:48 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Velia, for urgency I was referring to the fact that I have nothing else to overcome or catch you on the street and there is no bar nearby (that in Spain: shock :)
As Gondullo says to overcome the liquid to the solid is preferable ... it is better absorbed and faster, at least in my case.

I am from those of the Cocacola if I catches myself on the street and juice at home ... but I always usually wear glucosport in my bag.

DiabetesForo
10/25/2010 2:10 p.m.

Hello Pedro.
I take Dianben (food and dinner) and Prandin (breakfast, food and dinner) and I had several hypos since I take Prandin.
Do you mean that I must go to the emergency room for these hypos?

esoja22's profile photo
esoja22
10/26/2010 3:51 p.m.

Your hypos must be a consequence of prandin
Prandin increases the release of insulin after meals (metiglingine), it is a "species" of insulin ... let's say squeeze the pancreas to produce more insulin

Dianben (metformin) has to do with the production of glucose of the liver and that is why it does not usually cause hypoglycemia, thereby much less glycemia.

You should always eat carbohydrates in all meals, otherwise if you arrive from glycemia to dinner and do not ingest carbohydrates you have many possibilities of having hypoglycemia.

In my opinion, if you skip a meal you should not take the prandin, but Dianben you have to always take it.
Check with the doctor what I tell you.

DiabetesForo
10/26/2010 4:38 p.m.

Thanks for responding and forgive the delay.
I am a man, although the nick is difficult to know and I am not surprised that you could be wrong :)): D

esoja22's profile photo
esoja22
11/11/2010 9:46 a.m.

Today I have gone to the pharmacy to buy Glucosport and have offered me on pills or in drinkable ampoules.I have seemed interesting these last because being liquid I suppose that it will be faster, I also think it carries for each ampoule more HC k the pills and the container is more resistant.Of course, if you split in a pocket the priongocheo that lias is boy hahaha.What do I deecis?

superman1's profile photo
superman1
11/11/2010 11:36 a.m.

Today I have gone to the pharmacy to buy Glucosport and have offered me in pills or in drinkable ampoules.I have seemed interesting these last because being liquid I suppose that it will be faster, I also think it carries for each ampoule more HC k the pills and the container is more resistant.Of course, if you split in a pocket the priongocheo that lias is boy hahaha.What do I deecis?

Well, the pills are obviously more discrete, because it seems that you are eating a caramel, or at most (if someone saw the container), some analgesic pills of those hibitane or angileptol type, to soften the throat.

The ampoule (this word has always sounded fatal) is designed for sports in which you can not even afford to chew, either because of the stress of the competition or by the nature of the sport in question (for example, surf).But come on, if you make you drink that in the middle of the street ... It is that it reminds me of what a superhero takes before becoming idem, or Popeye before becoming superfort and that the brazacos swell ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2010 11:55 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I use them when I go to run, they are more comfortable to carry and especially recovery is almost immediate ..

DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 12:01 p.m.

Put to open a blister with 40 glycemia: mrgreen :: mrgreen:
I prefer pills

DiabetesForo
11/11/2010 12:26 p.m.

Hahaha ... yes, as I don't see myself opening ampoules of anything in the middle of the tremor ... I prefer the pills!

I have Glucosport and I have taken two followed by a glass of milk in the while;It has worked well ... But, I think it is true what the classmates say, a juice really is better because being liquid is absorbed faster.Of course, do not forget the slow absorption hydrates.

Maria J.'s profile photo
Maria J.
11/24/2010 7:41 a.m.

Well, last week, I went through 4 pharmacies looking for the Glucosport, but I was looking for the 5gr every pill, because I only found it 2.5gr.And in none of them they had it, in the last pharmacy, to which I always go, they tried to ask for it, but the only thing that had a little more were the blisters, and still were 6 gr believe ...
So thinking about the rule my educator has given me: 10-10-10, that is, 10gr of HC, wait 10 minutes and if I am not better 10gr, throw accounts is easy 4 glycosport pills or 2 ampoules, and thatOnly if at 10 minutes I'm not better ...
In the end, I have found some candy candy, the typical ones that are soft with sugar above, which comes in the well -specified package that 4 candies have 19.9 gr of carbohydrates.So I know that if you don't have anything else, I can take 2 of them.I know that candies have more calories, and that they can gain weight, but I am quite thin and it is only for when you have a house and work fura hypo.At home, I drink a glass of milk or juice, and at work, or some cookies that I have in the drawer, or I take a sugar envelope in water and already ...
In addition, the candy I see them perfect to carry in the car, since I take it very often.The Glucosport, I have not seemed very good solution, despite being what the educator recommended.

DiabetesForo
12/01/2010 7:33 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.