My diabetes;Personal experience.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/28/2012 2:21 p.m.

As I indicated in my presentation two months ago I was diagnosed with diabetes.I am 49 years old and weighed about 108 kg.He had a glycosiada (or as he says) of 11.62;the level of sugar on diagnosis in 354;and cholesterol levels, triglycerides by clouds;He also gave me fatty liver, and I don't know how many more things.
I have to say that I have not accepted the disease and I cannot believe that it is chronic, for a lifetime.It can't be ...
I started taking Zomarit and 12 Lantus units at night, in addition to another pills for cholesterol, blood pressure, and a regime of about 1200 calories.Since the beginning of the regime I have lost 20 kilos.
When repeating the glycos, as I say) analysis I have it at 6.2 and the level of sugar, in the three daily measurements, around 100 (one day 110), 80 and 75, (the average of the last15 days in 94) for what the lantus have taken away and changed it for Lovingl.Logically, cholesterol levels, uric acid, triglycerides, etc., have been normalized ...;Of course, eating only green and some meat and fish !!!They tell me that, still, I must lose more weight, up to 75 kilos (ideal weight) is not too much to measure 1.75 ??????
-What do the morning levels are much higher?
-Isn't weight loss in two months?
-With those levels, are I really diabetic?
Forgive the billet, I need to vent me

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/28/2012 2:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Have you lost 20 kilos in 2 months?: O: O: Shock :: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

The weight is related to the body mass index (BMI), but I remember badThere is direct BMI high relationship with insulin resistance (higher glycemia) ... That is why they lose weight.

Glycemia tends to shoot in almost all people;It is something natural, the body itself does, let's say that as implementation to face the day ... there is more insulin resistance.

And yes, you have type 2 diabetes (it is a very long debate between being and having, psychological issues ...) Despite those figures, but you will take the pills the figures would shoot, especially post -complying glycemia.

If you would normalize the weight, exercise regularly and had a balanced diet, you could not take oral antidiabetics, at least for a while ... maybe you were being for years to take years you would have to take them again.
But it is a hypothesis ... It is best to regulate as soon as possible.

DiabetesForo
08/28/2012 2:45 p.m.

Jo, because the hemoglobin of having it at 11 and now 6, many of us wanted them for us, and 20 kilos less?Well ... will you find yourself great?

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/29/2012 8:31 a.m.

Thanks to both of them to answer.The truth is that I am phenomenal, now I sleep from a pull all night, the signs of fatigue have given me that part, practically I do not south despite the summer that we carry and get marches at a fast step of an hour;And what is better, do not see the amount of clothes that I have found from previous seasons that did not serve me.
On Monday I will start in a gym to control me better.
If it were not for what it is, a sickness, even would be happy, but ..........
That said, thanks to both of us and we will continue in contact.

DiabetesForo
08/29/2012 3:46 p.m.

Well, stay with the positive, diabetes will force you to lead a much healthier life, you will find yourself much better, you will learn to feed yourself well, to exercise regularly, you will live better although now you do not seem like it:D.So I know positive, you will change your life better ..... in time you will realize;) come, encourage !!!!

DiabetesForo
08/29/2012 5:05 p.m.

I agree with Prado.It may seem some paradoxical, but it is true, with this disease or health problem (I focus like this), the changes are better.

I know a lady who is 92 years old (T1), and has reached that age without complications of any kind, apart from the fact that she appears many less years.

Gara, with only two months, you are still assimilating this new situation, I would tell you that you do not think that it is something for life, medicine is advancing a lot, and the important thing is to live today.
As Prado said, you will see that changes in your life are better.
Much encouragement GAR: D

Greetings to the forum: D;)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
08/29/2012 8:16 p.m.

Well, I continue telling you.After a week it continued to verify that, without passing from normal, the glucose levels in the morning were a higher pelin than those of the rest of the day being between 100 and 110, while per day they were in the rangefrom 80 to 90.
At first I packed it into the night fruit because I took two cuts of melon but still suppressing it in the same figures;Second test, eliminate bread or donuts from dinner.Indeed, I have four days without trying the donuts at night and my levels these days, in the morning, have been 92, 99, 94 which I think is not bad.
The biweekly average in my three daily measurements has gone from 95 to 89 according to the apparatus of reactive strips.
Already, finally, tell you that I have started to go to the gym.cinta de andar, bicicleta eliptica, abdominales ¡¡¡¡cuantos años sin hacerlos!!!!!, y ejercicios de pesas para fortalecer musculos de piernas y abdomen..... todo controlado por el entrenador y fisioterapeuta del centro.For now, in small doses of 30 repetitions each exercise and, this, effectively works.
I still do not try alcohol, beer, no wine, or anything at all, the truth is that I have not stepped on a bar or cafeteria throughout the summer.
I only have one but, tobacco, although I have reduced it, I think, considerably.From something more than two packages a day I have passed to one;I hope that, over time, I can reduce something else consumption.
I leave you after this tocho.From what I see my diabetes has nothing to do with others that I read for the forum, but it is my experience.If it does not bother you much I will continue to inform you and read.: D: D: D.

DiabetesForo
09/04/2012 3:29 a.m.

Yes, keep us, for what you write .. everything remains good, the tobacco .... umm, but that I boy, I also smoke even if I know that this is bad
I don't know why you would throw it out that it is difficult to take off, because alcohol I don't try it and I don't care.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
09/04/2012 12:24 p.m.

Today I am going to ask you a question.Since I am taking the Lovingl the glucose levels are going down to 75-85 throughout the day and I continue with the diet that the doctor put me, now 1500 calories, I am every half-dizzy day and some tell me that I am greenish..... It will be excess of medicine, lack of energy, ... now I have lost 22 kilos ... the truth that the doctor says that everything is perfect but I do not see it: oops:

DiabetesForo
09/09/2012 7:36 a.m.

On one occasion I asked my endocrine the issue of dizziness, and I replied that some diabetics become super sensitive
With the disease, I did not understand much that I wanted to tell me and I told him to explain it to me, I replied that well ... that he had to speak two groups of patients who ... with the sugar at 400 or more,They walked down the street without any symptoms and others that, they noticed any sensation related to ascent -or down, it happens to me personally, if I have the sugar after eating at 200 to give an example and at two hours or moreI notice rare I pay attention to the symptoms, like any diabetic and I know, if it goes down or uploads, however other people do not realize anything, but hey ... it is just an my opinion, if the doctor says that everything is fine.You don't have to worry.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
09/10/2012 5:52 p.m.

Well, three months have passed since the "good news."
We continue with the diet, the gym and I have already made my first trip.We still lose something, less pronounced than at the beginning but continues to go down;What goes down is the volume of my body.3 pants and 2 shirt sizes.The monitor tells me that the practice of exercise, cardio and strengthening, makes the loss not so pronounced, sometimes, even fattening, because the fat is changed by muscle that weighs more.The truth is that the Michelines of the waist are disappearing.
As I told you, I leave insulin, the levels are still maintained around 85 on average.I had a certain repair in making a trip through the lack of control of meals;Well, it also proves overcome.The most difficult thing has been desserts.In none of the restaurants there was fruit, only desserts prepared with their good portions of cream, sugars, chocolates ..... in one of them, of those chef who come out on TV, I asked if some fruit was not possible;With a disenchanted face, the waiter replied that he would consult the maitre ..... well, I got a dessert with watermelon, orange and kiwi and the best, they invited me when considering that it was a failure of the restaurant.
Now, when you take out on the table, the meter, the strips and the lancet ... how they looked at the rest of the tables!Until another waiter approached me and told me, almost to be heard, that I would not worry that he was also diabetic.
I have taken some without alcohol, I was already bored of so much water, to go tapas and I have not noticed that the glucose level rise.
So, everything under control and enjoying ...
Until my next roll.: MRGREEN :: MRGREEN :: MRGREEN:

DiabetesForo
10/02/2012 3:25 a.m.

So you tell ..., everything is good, I'm glad, and what they look at when you get the glucometer to do the test ... well yes
There are still people who call them attention,

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/02/2012 8:39 a.m.

Congratulations on progress

Take care with the brewer ... Beer has carbohydrates and therefore can glymemia upload you.
If you make moderate consumption (1 or 2 at most) you should not have excessive problems .... more less, 200 ml of beer (a glass) is equivalent to about 7 gr.Carbohydrates, less than 1 ration, so it could upload about 35 glycemia.
Beer alcohol can partially compensate for those carbohydrates ...

DiabetesForo
10/02/2012 12:42 p.m.

Congratulations on the progress

Take care with the brewer ... Beer has carbohydrates and therefore can glymemia upload you.
If you make moderate consumption (1 or 2 at most) you should not have excessive problems .... more less, 200 ml of beer (a glass) is equivalent to about 7 gr.Carbohydrates, less than 1 ration, so it could upload about 35 glycemia.
Beer alcohol can partially compensate for those carbohydrates ....

Owash, a question that arises.Can alcohol beer climb the blood glucose.I thought it only happened with normal beer.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2012 4:57 p.m.

said:

Owash, a question that arises.Can alcohol beer climb the blood glucose.I thought it only happened with normal beer.

Yes, the alcohol without carbohydrates (glucose, fructose and lactose): Link ... 4799_2.php

Look at the carbohydrate or carbohydrates section.

10 gr of carbohydrates equals about 50 glycemia (theoretically)

DiabetesForo
10/03/2012 1:45 a.m.

Well, we are ready ..... What drinks, except water, infusions and coffee, can be taken? ...

DiabetesForo
10/03/2012 5:37 a.m.

To me the coffee alone, or decaffeinated, me
The sugar goes up, and it is safe, he gave me to look at the ingredients and put toasted coffee with "sugars" maybe that's why,
There will be people who don't ..., but I get up and demonstrate. How can it be?

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/03/2012 8:27 a.m.

The sugar that carries the ground coffee I do not think the sugar can rise to you, it is imperceptible, it will be something else.

DiabetesForo
10/03/2012 11:11 a.m.

Well we are ready ..... What drinks, except water, infusions and coffee, can be taken? ...

You can have 1 beer, nothing happens.

You have to differentiate.
With type 1 diabetes, calories do not matter so much (although weight gain) must be monitored and the control of carbohydrates is prioritized.

With type 2 diabetes, it is important not to have overweight and not take food with rapid absorption carbohydrates.
If you drink beer with alcohol, empty calorie intakes that will stop directly to your weight, in addition to the carbohydrates that glycemia rise to you (something moderate by alcohol)
Alcohol without alcohol, does not have those calories (which is good) but keeps carbohydrates (therefore, something should rise glycemia)

It's a bit to play with what you eat ...
If you go from skewers, do not take more than 1-2 beers, reduce the bread you eat ... If you eat rice you don't eat bread too ... if you feel like eating more fruit you can reduce other food hydrates

Look at this video:
It is very good ... and notice that a bottle of beer comes out;)

1 beer from time to time nothing happens if you maintain an acceptable weight, exercise and your controls are going well.
The usual: not abuse anything.

DiabetesForo
10/03/2012 3:24 p.m.

Well, Coca-Cola Light, Zero ,,,, ect I want to take you to the lemon but Ligth do not have it in any bar, even in discos they have nothing ligth ... only water :?

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/23/2012 4:26 p.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.