My diabetes;Personal experience.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/28/2012 2:21 p.m.

I already said that it is weird but I do not know why ... the coffee goes up, I already explain it to the nurse and he told me that as he has caffeine he can
That I climb myself, that I got nervous, (although I do not notice) but we already know that in the diabetes the files x and this will be one in my case, and on the Pepsi or coca uf uf also the caffeine also affects us byWhat I hear from her, but there are things that we can no longer do something ... we will have to take.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/24/2012 12:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Owash, I have a type 2 diabetic friend who is only controlled with food or, rather, if she, because she is very thin.
He does not take any alcohol, even at friends of friends.I have told him that distilled drinks (a whiskey or gin pacifier) ​​not only do not rise but that they lower glycemia, (I have always read that alcohol produces hypos in type 1, but now they are entering doubts about whether this isSo also when insulin is not used ..)
I don't know why they prohibit occasional alcohol to type2, it seems that they want to make their lives even more difficult ..
This friend is diabetic for a car accident in which he lost part of the pancreas.
And another thing .. In these cases where there is no selfimmune cause, couldn't there be any regeneration of the pancreas?
Well, they are doubts ..., to see if I can relax a little, that he is very distressed.
Greetings: d

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2012 8:01 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I imagine that they are mainly prohibited by the issue of calories.
Distilled drinks have a huge amount of calories, if they are mixed with sugary soft drinks (as is usually done) the calorie pump is huge.
Also shoot triglycerides.
In type 2 the weight is key not to generate more insulin resistance

Link ... cohol.html

Mainly the problem is always hypoglycemia, alcohol passes very fast to the blood (5 minutes) but the liver takes a long time to metabolize it (almost 3 hours) so that it cannot generate glucagon.

In my opinion, 1 glass of wine daily is healthy, as long as all values ​​(weight, tension, triglycerides, cholesterol ...) are maintained at ralla ...)
1 beer a week I don't think anything happens either.
If it is abused, it is where the problems come.

Unlike the liver, the pancreas is very yours and does not regenerate anything ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/05/2012 2:09 p.m.

Thanks, Owash, what would we do without you!: D In the next meal, I already tell you about the vinito to take it calm.
I think that type 2 does not give the right information .. This boy can eat a dish of rice so calm and not try a cookie ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/05/2012 5:21 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good to everyone, I write again in this thread about my experience about diabetes but, on this occasion, I don't know, I get the impression that something is failing me;For two weeks I have been observing that glucose levels are rising me, not significantly, but in a sustained way.I have returned from about 90 in the morning to 117, and at night I was always around 78/80 I have it in 95/100 and, I have even had a descent, the first in all the time, at 57. NoI know if I have relaxed with carbohydrates, I think not, or with the fruit that I have increased consumption as a means to satisfy hunger.Lately I was taking for dessert or three slices of natural pineapple (by fiber) or three cuts of melon.Tonight I have totally suppressed bread and fruit I have left it reduced to 100 grams.Tomorrow we will see .......
But, in addition, I also notice intense itching and a sensation between burning and cold in the calf, which I had never happened to me.
I don't know, but I'm on a downturn.I see that everything was not as round as I thought.
Greetings to everyone

DiabetesForo
12/02/2012 3:23 p.m.

Gara, keep in mind that glycemias does not only affect the food, exercise or drugs we take.
The nerves, the temperature, the hormones, the diseases are things that we cannot control and can hump us a little the control of diabetes.

When you make changes, try to make them 1 in 1, if you make 2 changes at the same time you will not know which of the 2 has had an effect ... I comment on the issue of removing bread and fruit.

Regarding the fruit, you can eat the one you like best ... You should only know that some classes will upload more and others less, or in another way you can eat more quantity and others less.

20 gr of carbohydrates, which are the 2 portions that are recommended in each meal are:

300 g melon, watermelon, strawberries, grapefish
200 g apricot, orange, pear, tangerine, plums, pineapple, kiwi, apple
100 g banana, grapes, cherries, fig

Also keep in mind that the second Food Block (200 gr) and strawberries rise more glycemia ... The first group and the last rise much faster blood glucose.
This is what we talk about the glycemic index

DiabetesForo
12/03/2012 12:48 p.m.

@aurora2 The coffee that you comment if you look at the Super there are 2 types the mixture that is roosted, that is, toasted with 50/50 sugars (with which if it has 50% sugar if it should be noticed) and the naturalThat is only coffee.In the cafeteria I do not know which one will use, I imagine that the first one for the best flavor (sweeter).And anyway TB must have the account that it is not the same one or cut as a coffee with milk.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
08/01/2016 8:35 a.m.

Avoid carbohydrate and fruit at dinner time ... a lotWithout taking any medication ... I just the right meals, long walks at a fast pace and exercises ... For now it goes well ... I hope it lasts !! .. the wine is better than the beer ... I drink only water andEnough, and rarely the wine.Go to your doctor and explain to the symptoms you feel on your legs, a neurological visit would be the indicated ... From the harm to the nerves it is one of the Achilles heels of this disease ... quiet, anyway you are going well,Diabetes is not pure mathematics depends on so many things and everything influences glycemic values. The important thing that your glucosylated hemoglobin continues to be as close as a healthy person would have ... greetings;)

nury's profile photo
nury
08/05/2016 4:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.