Hello everyone, I would like to inform myself .....

CAMAS's profile photo   11/24/2010 6:03 p.m.

Hello good I have been with type 1 diabetes since January, I use the atlantus and the ultra fast, I am 28 years old from Barcelona and I would like Saver .. If you skip the atlantus on weekends if it has any consequence eske leave I is not compatibleWith the beers I know it is not good but ..... I know that many diabetics come out and take cubatas and the truth I do not know personally, and I think about asking you to see K think thank you very much, and greetings!We keep talking!

CAMAS's profile photo
CAMAS
11/24/2010 6:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I imagine you will refer to Lantus insulin.

You as type 1 diabetic you can run out of insulin.

The lantus covers the basal and the ultra-opted covers the bowling of the meals, so you can suppress the ultra-opted if you are going to jump any food (such as if you do not have breakfast ...) but no You can completely suppress the Lantus, as much could you lower the dose of Lantus on weekends if that helps you not affect you so much but that (assuming it works ...) can be miscalcious for the rest of the days of days of daysduring the week.

What you should control if you are going to drink alcohol is that the sodre of the cubata/pot/combined is a normal soda, that has sugar since alcohol is only hypoglycemic and so that it does not give you a downturn it is necessary to take something and ifThat something is the sugar of the soda because ahead ... but the matter is not as simple as "alcohol throws pabajo and the sodco pulls parriba with which nothing happens and I am going to tajar every weekend" the subjectIt is not so simple ... drink in moderation.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/24/2010 6:48 p.m.

Hello beds,

First welcome to the forum.

For your condition of type 1 diabetic you cannot do without insulin, nor of the lantus nor of the ultra -grape whatever you use.In the event that insulin and beer were incompatible (which are not) without a doubt you would have to sacrifice beers.

Beer, like cubatas can be taken with insulin, as long as they don't abuse them (alcohol never should be abused, whether or not diabetic, but with more reasons if you are).All you have to do is know the effects it produces on your glycemia.

Beer with alcohol and without him is a drink that has carbohydrates, therefore you have to take into account in hydrates counts.100 g of alcohol beer have approximately 5 g of HC and 3 g the beer with alcohol ( Link food.aspx )>)

In the case of distilled drinks you have to keep in mind that they produce a double effect on glycemia, on the one hand they tend to raise it and on the other they prevent the response of the liver in the case of hypoglycemia.When there is hypoglycemia, the liver launches a series of mechanisms to raise glycemia.Alcohol prevents these mechanisms from being carried out, so our body is not able to recover from hypoglycemia and in case of severe hypoglycemia with loss of consciousness would not be able to respond with injected glucagon.To this we must add that the symptoms/signs of hypoglycemia can be masked with the effects of alcohol and hypoglycemia goes unnoticed both for us and for the people who are with you that they will think that you are a bit happy or directly drunk.

Therefore when one drinks glasses, we must control blood glucose levels and work accordingly.There are people who recommend drinking drinks with sugary drinks, others recommend alternating a glass with a light sugary drink.I personally do what I usually do before and if I am in normal values ​​I drink the first cup with sugar and the second with light, if I am high directly I drink it with light and at two hours I control to see if I need insulin or if I amin acceptable values.You based on trying to see which method keeps you better values ​​without risk of hypoglycemia.

In the case of alcoholic beverages you also have to take into account that they are what are called "empty calories" this means that they do not provide any nutrient and yet they are providing you calories (approximately 7 calories/1 gr of alcohol).

I hope it serves you and above all keep in mind that insulin can never do without it.Diabetes does not understand vacation or weekends.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/24/2010 7:13 p.m.

thank you so much !!!I usually take five bolldams and a star and asin I carry like 3 winsSeriously, Joooder Aora I don't know to drink !!!!I To go testing Vastor Ralla the truth because K is not but you play it .. I still with the k ago I play it I even play it I do not notice a difference in the week !!I don't know !!

CAMAS's profile photo
CAMAS
11/24/2010 7:34 p.m.

If you do not have much diabetic, you may still be on honeymoon and your pancreas is still able to make some insulin so you don't notice much if you do not put it on occasion.Over time (sometimes more and sometimes less) this situation will disappear and you will need more insulin until you stabilize at levels.
And trying, of course you play it but you learn, by success and error trying to have more successes than errors but wrong occasionally.And not only evidence with alcohol, also tests with sport, with meals, with all the activities of the day, and it is the only way to know you, know your reactions and be able to lead a totally normal life.

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/24/2010 7:42 p.m.

Hello beds, without insulina you die !!!! .... it is not that it is right or not to put on the lantus, it is that the consequences are those ... if you want to make a more or less normal life that includes taking someCañita, or some extra, what you should be to have a lot of control of the turns on the duration of the effect of insulin, from which alcohol and others upload or lower.Ahay a thread about it, I think that in the "Diabetes questions, which is called drinking on weekend and parties", in which some Forerosy explain very well what to do if you have to take something.

In any case, being diabetic is not synonymous with restriction .... If you learn to handle insulins, meals and others, I assure you that you can make a life of the most normal.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/25/2010 3:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

My advice: healthy life, especially now, at first.Cut all the vices, stabilize the glycemia, and then you can be doing some small excess ... but small, always in moderation.

I have it very clear, for nothing I play it, that life is only one, and it ends when it ends.There are few things that deserve that risk.

I diving, and I left him for a year.And it was one of my passions.I exercise, I take care of myself, and I control myself, among other things for that, to be able to do some immersion from time to time.That is, I assume risks, but always trying to be the minimums.

With alcohol I play anything.At most a cubata with a rum finger and coca-cola zero or light.And if the night is encouraged on some special occasion, two or three ... but always very separated in time, and measuring me every hour and a half.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/25/2010 4:19 a.m.

Thank you very much !!!I usually take five bolldams and a star and asin I carry like 3 winsSeriously, Joooder Aora I don't know to drink !!!!I To go testing Vastor Ralla the truth because K is not but you play it .. I still with the k ago I play it I even play it I do not notice a difference in the week !!I don't know !!

The previous Foreras have already commented very well.
You are playing Russian roulette with a stir with many bullets ... :(

Obviously you can do whatever you want ... That is what your life and your body is.

The experiments at home and with someone who can help you in case of necessity.
Would any of your friends know how to differentiate a drunkenness from hypoglycemia?
Would you know any of your friends to get glycemia if you were unconscious or simply so dizzy that you can't hold the glucometer?
Would any of your friends know what a 20 mean in the glucometer or if it comes out error?

First make sure your body works.
Second, look for information on alcohol and marijuana repercussions on people with diabetes .... internet, your endocrine, your educator ... is simple
Third, if you still consider you want to drink alcohol ... do it but in moderation ... it is stupidity as a house to end up in the UVI for taking 5 cubatas and 3 stripes ...
Fourth, make sure that if necessary someone could help you and give it the precise instructions with what he would have to do (if he/she does not go too)

DiabetesForo
11/27/2010 6:27 a.m.

He wrote beds:
I usually take five bolldams and a star and as I carry like 3 mese without clicking the lantus the savados ..... I only noticed badly when I mixed with marijuana.
--- Pedón, but are you horny?This is very serious, it seems that you take it lightly.You have, according to you, Diabetes 1, something would be small, so you don't take care of yourself as you should.Please do and don't do follies, do it first for you and then those who love you.And I want this forum to serve you for something.I have children of your age and your indifference has hurt me before this important disease.
to take care of up!

Consu's profile photo
Consu
11/29/2010 5:40 p.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Hello beds !!

Look, I tell you my experience: I do not punctuate the lantus the day after partying if I drink.
If I punctuate, I have hypoglycemia, and without clicking I have the glucose controlled throughout the day (it is usually Sunday).
On Monday, I punctuate the usual, the Lantus and the Apidra, and that's it, I don't get out of control.I have been with diabetes for almost 5 years and for the moment I am doing well, since if I click I have hypoglycemia because of alcohol.
And I don't drink cubatas, (I don't like them), but beer or calmx.It would be best not to drink, since you would not be in danger of decomposing you, but hey, each person is free and is your responsibility.I have also taken some smoked but I have not had hypoglycemia because I have always eaten something .... although I no longer smoke, it does not go.

Well I hope you do well;) Ciao!

María2542006's profile photo
María2542006
12/04/2010 3:59 p.m.

María2542006 I do not know if you have been seriously posted or you were a joke but it seems to me a bad advice to tell a type one diabetic that does not put insulin for a whole day no matter how much things are taken (alcohol) that are hypoglycemic.

That alcohol is hypoglycemic and can keep the blood glucose levels in a bay does not convert it by magic into insulin and without insulin in the body the cells cannot use the glucose that is in blood (whether little or a lot) And that makes the body (which needs energy) begin to burn fat (to obtain energy from somewhere) and begin to there ketonic bodies in blood.

It seems to me a bad advice ...

DiabetesForo
12/04/2010 5:08 p.m.

Here, except for a couple of foreros ... none are doctors ... So opinions are just that, opinions.
And even being doctors, diagnosing from behind a keyboard is inaccurate.

Each one does with his life and with his body what seems appropriate or what he can, or what they leave.
What María2542006 comments is not logical, but she tells what he does ... and in no case is it extrapolable to another person.

In my opinion, maintaining basal insulin is mandatory in 99% of the circumstances ... The danger of ketoacidosis is very large and that is a very serious situation, which is not on time ensures a stay in ICU and danger of coma.
Those who carry a bomb know well what happens when the catheter is obstructed and spends 4-5 hours without insulin ...

DiabetesForo
12/05/2010 5:45 a.m.

TNT, it's not advice, it's my experience, and nothing I have said is a joke.

If I sulked me insulin the next day of drinking I have severe hypoglycemia.I cannot click on the hypoglycemia, if I give me a severe hypoglycemia my liver, occupied in eliminating alcohol will not be able to produce glycogen if I punctuate the glucagon, and I do not feel like going to the hospital that I put intravenous glucose ...This is what happens to me and it is no joke, that is clear.I guess this will not always happen to me, but for now it is what happens to me.Does anyone else happen?Because I have been doing it almost 5 years as long as I leave and I have never had ketoacidosis.
It offends me that you say it is a joke, I have only given my opinion and my experience;Although the right thing would be not to drink, if Camas is going to drink, there has my experience, just like marijuana.

Greetings.

María2542006
12/05/2010 9:07 a.m.

Hello, I have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes since December I have been Saturday for a few months and take some beer and sometimes, if there is a birthday or celebration, and I assure you that I have enough, I take some cubata.What I have never stopped doing is putting the Lantus insulin, always at the same time and the dose that the doctor tells me.Although alcohol is hypoglycemic the only thing I do is take some of the cubata or put a little less insulin at dinner and be aware of my glucose levels.They have always told me that basal insulin is extremely important for us and cannot be dispensed with.

Chikitina36's profile photo
Chikitina36
12/05/2010 1:57 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
Chikitina, I do exactly like you, the educator told me that she will never stop putting me lantus, it is very important to put it, but hey, each diabetic we are different, and insulin acts differently in each other
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
12/05/2010 3:43 p.m.

Hello,

Sometimes I don't understand what people think (I hope nobody sits offended).María254200, you say it is a nurse, that you have seen cutting legs and fingers and I do not know what more things, you presume that you carry the diabetes well and Ahroa you say that you do not click you to drink the Saturdays.I do not know, you still have insulin reserve (despite taking 5 years with diabetes) but I did not prick the lantus once I went out (because I forgot) and yes hypoglycemia I did not have but an ketosis that also was alsomasked with the hangover: vomiting and sleep.I do not know, that everyone does what they want with their life, but it seems very dangerous to give advice that a person's sallud can endanger.

I tell you my experience: I have been just going out for a year (after my two years of drunkenness every weekend, and see how I was invoicing with the sugar) when I go out and drink cuabtas, I under the basal 50% or 60% and I also put the alarm clock so that every two or three hours sound to me, depending on how the sugar has.I try to go with a slightly high blood glucose (150) and with that I can control the sugar and that does not upload me too much.Even so, the utlima time I drink was the old night of last year, it really doesn't call me anything and does not compensate for how bad I feel ... when I go out of tapas, if I take several beers with the tapas, but thatIt does not cause the rebound effect (first the sugar goes up and then goes down) the sugar goes up a little, but little.

I think you have to see to what extent "have fun" a few years and then have consequences ... (I think there are my ways to spend free time without having to drink)

tica's profile photo
tica
12/07/2010 4:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I agree that slow insulin is very important.
Although it is something different, I tell you:
Yesterday I have been bad about the stomach, I got up at 6 vomiting the entire dinner of the previous day.And I tried to keep the glucose levels drinking chamomile with sugar and without clicking anything quickly.I have been in bed all day, and even so, about 3 or so, although I had 129 sugar, I looked at the centony out of curiosity and I have already had 0.1 mmol/L
It can be a practically insignificant value, but I think it marks a trend ...

For what I believe, that either I have the slow something low, or that not only the slow is essential, but also necessary "something" even if it is a few quick.

DiabetesForo
12/07/2010 6:01 a.m.

Tica, I have only told my experience.What happens, since it is not a good example, I can't tell it?
I do not presume anything, I tell my experience, and I have the right to do it, even if it is a bad example.I like to drink when I go out and I will continue to do it and I have it close to 7 (and I think I have lowered it, soon I will go analysis), it is my lifestyle, even if you do not like it, answer me at least, No?
And having, I have not said that I click me '' to drink. ''If you read what I have said is that the next day of drinking I can't prick the slow because of the hypoglycemia that give me.If I drink little if I wear it (half), but I usually don't wear it.I have never punctured for `` drinking ''.But the next day.And if I go out days in a row (I have not said it) on the second day I put Lantus, but half.
That is what I do and no matter how bad I do not think I deserve so much criticism of telling my experience.Everyone who does what he wants, but I think it is fine to have opinions and experiences of all types.

I assure you that I have never had a ketoacidosis those days that I do not punctuate me, and I eat what I eat I have less than 130. In fact, I do not eat when I get home, in a few hours I have hypoglycemia.Once I click the Lantus, and it was horrible.I ate what I ate did not get 6. .... I was eating a lot of time, and on top of the hangover ... I don't want to go through that again.I have already said it, that I suppose that my body will not react like this, but for now it is so.
When I had ketoacidosis it has been for feeding.

Greetings

María2542006
12/07/2010 8:21 a.m.

There is peace.

I did not plan to enter this issue, because the approach seems bad to me.I explain myself: if someone is new in diabetes and wants to know how to act in the face of alcohol, it seems very good to ask and help you know how to drink without harming.
But, if what you want is to know how to drink a lot of cubatas and I don't know what else, I think what you are looking for is not information, but cover your back to follow a type of life that is not recommended in anyone, much lessIn nobody with diabetes.

The self -schools are to teach to drive, but what would think of a kid in one of them to ask if they can teach him how to drive at 200 per hour, without seat belt and speaking on his mobile?

Well, that's what it seems to me.You can ask how to drink alcohol, and how much to drink without excessive risk, and what precautions you have to have, and what type of alcohol is less harmful ... and a thousand more things.But entering already asking how to drink beast, it doesn't seem normal.Information is not sought, but a license to kill yourself.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/07/2010 9 a.m.

You are right Alea, it is a bitter issue, difficult to fix, I think that impossible, like drugs, that only the one with a lot of will and money for it is cured.I would only tell them that they love each other a lot, that each person is unique and that they are worth a lot, take care of a lot please: Twisted:

Consu's profile photo
Consu
12/09/2010 11:19 a.m.

DM LADA (7-4-09). Con 50 años. Novorrapit flexpen, y Tresiva. Sin complicaciones.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.