{'en': 'Chinese restaurant', 'es': 'Comer en un restaurante chino'} Image

Chinese restaurant

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/10/2010 10:55 a.m.

Can you eat the Chinese salad, the white bark they put to chop and the chicken with almonds?

Does the dressings they carry contain excess carbohydrates?

Do you suggest some other dish that can be requested calmly?

Thank you all,

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 10:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I simply run away from the sauces ... I suspect that almost all carry a good amount of sugar.

I prefer to go to the Japanese ... although Sushi does not do me too much, but they make very good soups and treat the fish excellently.

DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 12:57 p.m.

I agree with Owash.I prefer a Japanese.

Apart from that, I remember that we went with Celia to a Chinese, years ago, to dinner.I asked her for a steak with salad, out of fear, but she stung some spring roll and the steak put some sauce, the case is that the high was championship.

If you go to a Chinese, watch the glycemies every little, because you will have to correct.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/10/2010 2 p.m.

I once do Chinese food at home, spring rolls, lemon chicken, chicken with almonds etc., have many hydrates because most sauces wear sugar, the salad that is so good carries sugar and rice vinegar I think,The famous bittersweet sauce, at least the recipe that I make, which is very successful, has 50 gr of sugar, 100ml of orange juice, total that I get as half a glass of sauce and everything must have more than six portions (it also carriesMaicena) So calculate what you get bathe the roll.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
12/10/2010 3:09 p.m.

... wow, surprised I stay.Personally, my biggest problem with the Chinese is my trend to rice or fried rice noodles, of course ... I still get 6 dinner rations only with that dish.The chicken sauces with almedas etc, I had never considered it and sincerely I don't think it relevant.Now: I have either tried to eat only supposedly free of HC (chicken with almonds, beef with peppers, bamboo veal and Chinese mushrooms and these things) now: the lemon chicken seems to me an exception.I am sure that what carries is Almibar Pure hahaha, and well, I never take it but not for diabetes but for the battering (I am celiac)

Sour salsa if it can be a danger.I opt for soybeans lately.

móntrial's profile photo
móntrial
12/13/2010 5:16 p.m.

Just today I have gone to a japo to eat and what a control surprise at 3 hours.

Before eating I was at 95. I put my 4 bolus units.

To eat:

- Miso salad
- 6 salmon makis
- Seafood skewer with soy sauce

At 3 hours: 291: Shock :.

Fast, 2.5 bowling and at two hours to 135.

I have been hallucinating, because telling, I have not exceeded the 3 portions of CH: Shock :, Because we are going the Nolleva cho soup because I had fish and tofu and the seafood skewer only carried fish:?.

You have to go carefully ...

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/17/2010 2:34 p.m.

I have proven several things from the Chinese:
I have needed much more insulin, eating shushi in a Japanese, than eating Chinese food in a Chinese restaurant. It is curious, because as you comment, the Chinese carries a lotor the orange duck ...) fritas, rice, noodles or noodles ... and moreover, normally when you go to the Chinese, you get to eat ... hehehe, come on, you fill yourself.On the other hand, when I go to Japanese, usually you eat a normal ration of Shushi and Maki Roll, and it is not an amount to burst, you look good ... and calculate more or less insulin, at 2 hours ...pum !!!Figure of 290 !! What difference is there from the rice of Shushi to rice 3 delights so that there is so much figures ???

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
12/18/2010 5:06 a.m.

I loved to eat in the Chinese when I was smaller but since I discovered the Japanese .... ufff !!!! I can't resist.
When I only ask Sushi and/or Maki because I like what most, and even weighing it at home to calculate the rations of hydrates at 2 hours I am always in 300 ......
It seems to me that it can be soy sauce and the way of making rice.
I am not so frequently because at the 2 hours of having eaten I always have to correct myself ....

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
12/18/2010 5:58 a.m.

I have soy sauce at home and it does have a little sugar, but when I have taken it, it does not cause me those hyper ... on the label he says that for every 5 ml of the sauce, 1.3 gr are HC, being beingsugar 1.2.

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
12/18/2010 9:01 a.m.

The Chinese cook almost everything with sugar, they all throw up to thicken sauces, when I go tb I avoid the sauces and yet I put on three four more units than usual, TB depends that I will eat.

Sushi's rice I think TB carries sugar.

They are days that you do something special, put more insulin and as what you want.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/11/2016 12:35 p.m.

I in a Chinese Triple dose.Everything carries sugar and excess fat.I try to go as little as possible because they are not funny either but if I go with my partner or friends, I pass the rarita.
Every day I am more fan of the Mediterranean diet ... where this is a good sirloin or entrecot that removes the sushi and the rolls

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
07/11/2016 12:41 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

For sushi, keep in mind that for the rice to be caked in the rolls they mix rice vinegar with sugar, which is normal for a significant climb.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
07/11/2016 8:34 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

@montarial and being celiaca Tomas soy sauce?Be careful because it carries wheat

Chinca food apart from having a lotFor many hours after having ingested it and that is because of the amount of fat it has

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
07/11/2016 11:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

Ayyyy with what I like the Chinese ...: (((((

Calolu's profile photo
Calolu
03/27/2017 12:22 a.m.

Well, the difference between Chinese and Japa's rice is that Japanese rice cooks with a lot of sugar.Before being diabetic, that is, only just over two months ago I ate Japanese food once a week, I love it, I even did a Japanese cooking course especially Sushi, and now I find that I can never eat it again.It is depressing.

kekiya said:
I have proven several things of the Chinese:
I have needed much more insulin, eating shushi in a Japanese, than eating Chinese food in a Chinese restaurant. It is curious, because as you comment, the Chinese carries a lotor the orange duck ...) fritas, rice, noodles or noodles ... and moreover, normally when you go to the Chinese, you get to eat ... hehehe, come on, you fill yourself.On the other hand, when I go to Japanese, usually you eat a normal ration of Shushi and Maki Roll, and it is not an amount to burst, you look good ... and calculate more or less insulin, at 2 hours ...pum !!!Figure of 290 !! What difference is there from Shushi rice to rice 3 delights so that there is so much figures ???Blockquote>

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/11/2017 6:56 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

@ Emily, you can eat everything.You just have to learn the fast amount you need, although that takes time.Mind yourself a lot and point what you eat and the controls, to learn.
You also have to look like a fast unit, to correct when you are high.Little by little ..., the most important thing at the beginning is to know how to handle hypoglycemia

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/12/2017 2:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Emily" I have cooked rice to make Japanese food and it does not carry as much sugar and as @"Regina" tells you in the end you will end up knowing how much insulin you have to put yourself in order to eat everything.Cheer up!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/12/2017 3:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"nigiri", the rice for sushi carries for every 6 cups of rice (for 4 people) 180 g.of sugar, and 375 ml of rice vinegar.It seems to me a hydrates bomb of c.the truth.I learned with a Japanese cook.

To know how much fast insulin I must put on, I think it will not be for now, I see it very, very complicated;In addition, in my recipe I have the specified daily units, if I get more and the insulin runs out before the date of the electronic recipe, the pharmacy does not dispense me anymore until the expected date arrives ... This causes me stressAlso run out of insulin!How do you do it?

nigiri said:
@"emily" I have cooked rice to make Japanese food and do not carry as much sugar and as @"regina" tells you in the end you will end up knowing how much insulin you have to put on to eat fromall.Cheer up!

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/13/2017 3:37 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.

Without insulin you will never stay, because the doctor has to prescribe all that you need. You always have to calculate more, for the unforeseen events.
You have to remain, do what you do, because it is you who administer.
That you see an endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/13/2017 4:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have already seen an endocrine, from the basal I have 22 units prescribed, and they are the ones I put on, if I increase the dose I will stay without a long time.I have put 16 units from the fast, and I am clicking much more ... I have to ask for time to rectify ...

regina said:
without insulin you will never stay, because the doctor has to prescribe all that you need. You always have to calculate more, for the unforeseen events.
You have to remain, do what you do, because it is you to administer.
That you see you an endocrine.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
05/13/2017 11:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.