{'en': 'Sugar low', 'es': 'Bajonazo de azúcar'} Image

Sugar low

Beauty's profile photo   01/15/2011 7:33 a.m.

Yesterday I had a slightly unpleasant DB incident.I went to a shopping center with whom it endures me -and never better, you will know why -and well, it was to enter and leave, so I left the bag in the car, so I had nothing to "restore me"In case of downturn or such.

The fact is that we were in a store and I started to feel bad, I declined, my sight was clouded and believed to faint, I think that only once in my 11 years with this I felt something similar.

Who endures me, endured me more than ever and took me to the cafeteria to take a Coca Cola and eat a tie of aquera, and already replaced myself, but how bad it seemed that I was drunk walking through the mall.

Has this ever happened to you?

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/15/2011 7:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To my daughter yes, more than once.
Recommended, even if you don't carry bag, always carry Glucosport.A couple of tablets take you out of an emergency.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2011 9 a.m.

Yes, many times, as I all suppose ...

It is normal and that is part of the "ours."It has happened to me in all situations, in all hehe.But well it is something we have to carry.

I always have sugar with me, (I would have to try Glucosport) as well as the marras little machine just in "looking at me" sugar.
I always keep tranquility perhaps because of the experience.I know it will happen to me in a few minutes.It is angry but well it is normal.Bang a little for the people who are with you, but, if you had it to do for a friend or partner would be something annoying for you?, Well no.So I think we give more importance to us than the people around us.

I advise you to always wear sugar, in the wallet, in the bags and especially in the car if you drive.

After it happens you try to give an explanation to why, you will surely always find it and so you will avoid as far as possible other times.All the best!!

dani's profile photo
dani
01/15/2011 9:56 a.m.

Well, I think that what you tell, on some occasion the same thing happened to us (see blurry, lose balance, cold sweats ... It has even happened to me unintelligible, meaningless, and as if it were drunk ...) inend ... the advantage or luck you had, is that who accompanied you, knew about your illness and helped you giving you cocacola. I amamginate that the person you go with does not know ... or that you lose knowledge and you can't takecocacola or ingest anything ... Therefore, it is essential that even if they are 2 minutes, you take your bag, and inside, your glucosport, or whatever a hiccHypoglycemia and don't notice, and when you notice, it's too late ... so good, at least all these things are learned, right?Greetings and I'm glad everything stayed in a substitute

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/15/2011 12:17 p.m.

Mmmm did not know about glycosport, where do they sell it?pharmacies?herbalisms?I have to try it.

With the dowers I have a lot of experience, but I had never reached this situation.I guess I had just been finding out, and at that time it was already extreme and that's why I almost fell pairrus.

By the way, the other day I returned to my endocrine after more than two years without going there ...

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/16/2011 noon

Man, the Glucosport is the most comfortable/practical to carry in the bag. I have taken sugar in the bag, and have ended up shredded in the background ... not to tell you how a summer day gathers sticking the sun in your bag, which, whichSugar melts ... Anyway, Total wardrobe, hahaha :)) :))
The Glucosport bought it in pharmacies, and usually cost about 8-9 euros. You have it in pills (lemon flavor) and ampoules (lemon flavor too).
2 years without going to endo?And without doing analysis?It would be convenient that you were ...

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/16/2011 1:32 p.m.

Ah, this week I look, to see how it is.

Some analytics did, but with the header.This week I already did it with the endocrine, so the day after tomorrow he will tell me if he survives and those things hehe

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
01/16/2011 5:19 p.m.

I remember once smaller, I would be about 14 or 15 years old and have been with diabetes because at least 4 years.
It turns out that a summer night after dinner I went to the street, I left with my group of friends at 2km more or less from home, and being there I began to notice a huge sugar downturn.Precisely at that time I had nothing in my pockets, and in the area that was there was no store to buy anything, everything was closed.I had to run home and without saying goodbye to anyone.Do not see how bad I had it, sweating, half running and targe5min to arrive ..

Since then I always have 4 or 5 candies in my pocket, which I leave on the nightstand every day that I put on my pajamas as if it were the mobile or the wallet, and when I dress again.In a few days if I need to take them the shot and take new, and so on ..

I have always been very afraid of sugar dowers, but luckily anything has never happened to me and I have suffered that I have suffered low sugar.

With all this, greetings!

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
02/10/2011 9:43 p.m.

I have panic to hypoglycemia.Although in 23 years I have suffered any with loss of knowledge, not even with behavior alteration (drunken type), although I have come to see 21 in my meter.And always always you always have to carry (and in fact I carry) something in my pocket-bolso-riñonera-chupa-or wherever.I personally believe that glucosport is of the fastest things, being pure glucose, with nothing more that can slow down the climb (something that the caramels do, or even common sugar, which is a disaccharide that must be previously broken down tothat can be assimilated the glucose).

And if.That has happened to us once, and two, and three, and one hundred treintoitres ... It is our day to day and our fate, because everything cannot be foreseen, and many times the calculations fail and the figures fall more than the account.We must never lower our guard.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/11/2011 3:49 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I remember once smaller, I would be about 14 or 15 years old and have been with diabetes because at least 4 years.
It turns out that a summer night after dinner I went to the street, I left with my group of friends at 2km more or less from home, and being there I began to notice a huge sugar downturn.Precisely at that time I had nothing in my pockets, and in the area that was there was no store to buy anything, everything was closed.I had to run home and without saying goodbye to anyone.Do not see how bad I had it, sweating, half running and targe5min to arrive ..

Since then I always have 4 or 5 candies in my pocket, which I leave on the nightstand every day that I put on my pajamas as if it were the mobile or the wallet, and when I dress again.In a few days if I need to take them the shot and take new, and so on ..

I have always been very afraid of sugar dowers, but luckily anything has never happened to me and I have suffered that I have suffered low sugar.

With all this, greetings!

What anguish Enrique, I believe that knowing that we do not carry anything on us worsens much more, the symptoms of the low with the nerves are mixed and the mixture is explosive.

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
02/17/2011 6:31 p.m.

I have panic to hypoglycemia.Although in 23 years I have suffered any with loss of knowledge, not even with behavior alteration (drunken type), although I have come to see 21 in my meter.And always always you always have to carry (and in fact I carry) something in my pocket-bolso-riñonera-chupa-or wherever.I personally believe that glucosport is of the fastest things, being pure glucose, with nothing more that can slow down the climb (something that the caramels do, or even common sugar, which is a disaccharide that must be previously broken down tothat can be assimilated the glucose).

And if.That has happened to us once, and two, and three, and one hundred treintoitres ... It is our day to day and our fate, because everything cannot be foreseen, and many times the calculations fail and the figures fall more than the account.We must never lower our guard.

You are more right than a saint, these "accidents" serve us to think twice when we go out 2 minutes with nothing because we will not take long, and look ...

Beauty's profile photo
Beauty
02/17/2011 6:32 p.m.

I have seen the lowest in my meter were 18 and the case is that I was half normal, only when I saw that figure was when I noticed the symptoms, that if beastly, but I was aware at all times.I was about to lose consciousness.Now with the change of insulin from Mix25 to Lantus and Novorapid if they give me more often hypos and the problem is that I notice the symptoms later, but I suppose they will be the gajes of the trade of every diabetic.

victor.vera's profile photo
victor.vera
02/21/2011 10:41 a.m.

<Blockquote Rel = "" Victor.vera "" = "", but I was aware at all times.I was about to lose consciousness.Now with the change of insulin from Mix25 to Lantus and Novorapid if they give me more often hypos and the problem is that I notice the symptoms later, but I suppose they will be the gajes of the trade of all diabetic.
The body gets used to hypos.For example before I noticed the hypoglycemia in 60, while now, I have been with hypos for a season, I once have 40 - 45 and I am so normal (a slight feeling of being "floating" that as you are doing something that keeps you entertaining oryou find out).

Lew's profile photo
Lew
02/21/2011 2:42 p.m.

Victor.vera said:

There are two things that make the threshold of recognition of a hypo down;

1: The years of evolution
2: And the average glucose values ​​(although related Cone this, also an hypo "feels" more or less also depending on the speed at which the glucose is lowering; if it is quickly, we will notice the symptoms very strong, even beforeTo be technically in Hipp.

2: Regarding glycosilada, it is the main danger of lowering hemo too: the frequency of hypoglycemia increases and also increases the possibilities of having severe hypo.Without going into medical concepts, this is because the body reduces the threshold below which begins to give alert symptoms, and sometimes that can already be late.That is why it is not recommended that hemoglobin is not lowered, since the studies have proven that a reduction in glycosylated below 6.5% does not involve improvement in diabetes complications, while it does increase the possibilities of hypoglycemiaSevera.

1: Regarding the other reason to perceive the hypos worse, the years of evolution, it is already proven that over the years, the body warning signs are lost;The so -called adrenergic symptoms (cold sweat, hand trembling ...), leaving only as recognizable the neuroglucopenics, which are the ones that show lack of glucose in the brain (dizziness, confusion ...).I have only the latter for years, and that is why it is very important that over the years, we learn to recognize those scarce and subtle symptoms that are left when we have a hiccup.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/22/2011 4:26 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The hypos also scared me quite a lot, it was one of the reasons why I decided on the bomb.

I had a pair of dirty sleeping.I slept in the room with my sister and told me that I started to have seizures and even came to salivate a little.The poor man was little, he had 9 years old and took an impressive scare ... It is seen that I woke up immediately and I found her crying, then she explained it to me.

He had another fort a few years ago, also for just a couple of hours we had eaten.We were looking at a movie on the couch and suddenly, but suddenly, I started to find myself fatal.I got up like a zombie and I was searching in the cabinets and my partner behind trying my attention.I started to take all the guards in the downtown and I was eating them like crazy.Of course, then I had a hyper care.Depersonalization, derealization, loss of listening, blurred vision with white flashes ... come on, I did not control or anything.Direct to glucose in all its variants.

And at the beginning of the year I had an era where every morning, every morning I woke up with hiccups until I had a very heavy, where I was suddenly aware that I was in the middle of the middle cuisine dressed in the cabinets in the cabinets without knowing well what I was doing.I was quite out of me, trembling .... I remember that I heard my very distant thoughts, as if I was talking about a voice that was telling me: what are you doing here, fade, look for a juice, come Olga, look for a juice, now sit down... but I heard her very distant and short.I was also able to drink juice.Everything else gave me arcades.I drank a juice and called work to say that I was late (I still don't know how I was able to coordinate that hahaha).I approached the closet to dress but was unable to decide what to take, how to use it ... I finally stretched out in bed without strength until I saw that I was able to think coherence.Then I dressed and went to work.

Since I had the bomb 7 months ago, I have not had any of these again and less badly.

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
02/25/2011 4:02 p.m.

I have been a couple of days that in the morning I have dances.I dream that I have a downturn and I am eating, and after a while I get up and I don't know if I have really eaten or not, and sometimes I notice tiredness and keep sleeping thinking that I have already eaten.

That scares me a lot, because the day I keep dreaming that I am eating sugar and I really don't get up to eat anything ...

I had never happened to me, I have always been to notice nighttime and get up running to eat, but now I have been screwed that I notice that I dream like and I did not get up to really eat ... :( something I will have to do, because someI will take 1 very big and unpleasant scare ..

Enrike89's profile photo
Enrike89
03/05/2011 10:25 p.m.

Well, the solution is simple ... alarm clock at 3-4 in the morning, you get glycemia and act accordingly.
Every day, until you see it is normal and have more confidence.
It is usual that if we dream of food or be eating the low real glycemia ...

DiabetesForo
03/06/2011 3:35 a.m.

I have had enough, as you say that you want to do one thing and not be able to do it, such as going to control or eat something, I went down the stairs of my house, and when I was down I did not know how I had got there,On the way to my bed to eat the sugar and make me control I fell to the ground (what a fright my poor Yaya took) but I could get up but I was not able to speak.
Today I had one that has worried me because I was in class and it has been the only day since I have diabetes that did not wear sugar on top, I am also very shy and I do not like getting attention ... but hey, I warned theTeacher and told me to leave Cafeteria, and I got very good.But it is true that when you think that you have nothing on top you get nervous and get worse a little.

Nadia16's profile photo
Nadia16
03/18/2011 10:40 a.m.

I was a teenager I had a fat, just eaten with a relative to a car exposure, with such a bad luck that I saw the first car and the next thing I remember, is to wake up in the urgencies of Ramon and Cajal grabbing from my throat toA doctor, up to 20 minutes later, do not recover to put it in some way the memory, it was when they told me that I had had such an important descent, I took me, 1 Coca-Cola, I do not know how much sugar, and if I do not remember a lot of a lot ofGlucagon, the next day I was shattered for about 15 hours, when he was contested to the endocrine, I told me that this fatigue was for glucagon, you crushed you inside.

Teknon's profile photo
Teknon
05/09/2011 9:38 p.m.

My worst, it was to stay on the ground still while my brother and a friend lowered my pants: oops:
After that I don't remember anything until I get home and eat.Do not remember anything ...:-/
Then I was buying clothes in a shopping center and suddenthat ate ... at half an hour I mediates me and I still had 55

DiabetesForo
07/26/2011 5:12 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.